Avengers vs Zod's minions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rao Kal El
This is basically the Avengers movie, but instead of trying to stop the Chituari threat, they will try to stop Zod's minions and his terraforming engines.

CAN THEY STOP THEM?

Yes? No? and why?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1195702/thumbs/o-MAN-OF-STEEL-METROPOLIS-facebook.jpg

VS

http://vincentloy.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/2012-the-avengers.jpg

The Silent Hero
They're not touching the World Engine in India, so the gravity will just keep messing with them. I don't even think the Kryptonians need to leave their ship for this one.

Nephthys
Can Zod himself fight?

Zack Fair
They get owned.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Nephthys
Can Zod himself fight?

Yes, Zod, Faora and Nam-ek are also on the fight

Nephthys
I don't really see the Avengers winning then. Even if they stop the terraforming, they still get their butts kicked imo.

Zack Fair
Chances of them being able to destroy the World Engine are very slim. What with Zod and co. stopping them.

Newjak
Yeah they lose fight.

They really only have two people suited for a fight like this Thor and Hulk.

IM might be able to occupy a few of the grounded Kyrptonians from the air but he isn't even close to taking any of them down.

And speed disadvantage the Avengers is too large.

Mindset
They stop the world engine.

That's for sure.

Zack Fair
Nah.

Mindset
Yup.

Thor does it with ease.

Zack Fair
Nope.

Thor gets raped.

Mindset
Thor doesn't matter once he throws Mjolnir.

Robtard
Iron Man flies Jeremy Renner over the the world engine and he one shots it with a special arrow. All films feats.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Iron Man flies Jeremy Renner over the the world engine and he one shots it with a special arrow. All films feats. Spite.

I'm not even including Jeremy Renner.

Not fair.

Nephthys
Iron Man flies Jeremy Renner over the the world engine and he one shots it with a special arrow. All films feats.

Except that it screws up the gravity so he misses. :I

Robtard
Except that it screws up the gravity so he misses. :I

Show me where gravity has affected Renner's arrows?

Mindset
Except that it screws up the gravity so he misses. :I Except he's Jeremy Renner, so he doesn't.

Show me where gravity has affected Renner's arrows? thumb up

Robtard
The man can make on the fly adjustments for cross-wind and air-ship speed. He'll do the gravity adjustment with his eyes closed.

Mindship
Maybe if Cap and Iron Man figure out a way to exploit sensory overload, Avengers would take this. In either event, Hulk slamdunks Loki into at least one World Engine.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Avengers, would do it. And with much less casualties/collateral damage.

Zack Fair
Denial is a *****.Originally posted by Mindship
Maybe if Cap and Iron Man figure out a way to exploit sensory overload, Avengers would take this. In either event, Hulk slamdunks Loki into at least one World Engine. ROFL

ares834
Once the Kryptonians enter the field. The Avengers are screwed.

Heck, I have a hard time seeing them be able to destroy the World Engine. Thor is the only one I see capable of destroying it, yet the problem is one is defended by the Kryptonians and the other is on the other side of the planet.

Zack Fair
Herp Derp Derpity herpa derp.

ares834
confused

Zack Fair
LoL.

Avengers get destroyed.

Only Hulk and Thor can compete with the kryptonians and they are outnumbered. There were at the very least a dozen kryptonians in Zod's army.

Mindset
Nothing is stopping a thrown Mjolnir.

Get over it.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Mindset
Nothing is stopping a thrown Mjolnir.

Get over it.

I think the gravity beam would disagree. That and Thor would pretty much be by himself against the World Engine because I can't see any of the Avengers dealing with both the tentacle defense, change in atmosphere, and of course the gravity beam.

Nah Avengers get torn up. It would pretty much be Zod's minions vs Thor and friend(Hulk) with Iron Man possibly surviving long enough to be support.

Mindset
Gravity isn't bringing down Mjolnir.

Or he could just take it out with lightning.

wakkawakkawakka
It would however bring down Thor. Plus there are the tentacle monsters he'd have to deal with and I'm not sure how he'd deal with the change in atmosphere.

Lightning is viable I guess and its probably his best option.

The Silent Hero
The tentacles would grab him before he got close enough to use the lightning.

I don't think Mjolnir would do enough damage either, he threw it at the Destroyer and it just bounced off...

Mindset
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
The tentacles would grab him before he got close enough to use the lightning.

I don't think Mjolnir would do enough damage either, he threw it at the Destroyer and it just bounced off... Destroyer > World Engine.

Thor can use lightning pretty much "instantly".

It wouldn't have to be on the level of the attack he used in Avengers to bring it down.

ares834
Originally posted by Mindset
Destroyer > World Engine.

It wouldn't have to be on the level of the attack he used in Avengers to bring it down.

Proof?

Mindset
Superman destroyed it with his weak ass.

jaden101
Faora steals cap's shield without breaking a sweat. That stopped the hammer. She beats Thor to death with it. Zod flies hulk into space. The big guy crushes iron man to death in his suit. Hawkeye's arrows bounce off them and he ends up like the soldiers in MoS. Black Widow gets nekkit just because. Fury says 'what' too many times and big Phil C comes along and saves the day by killing on the kryptonians.

dadudemon
The man can make on the fly adjustments for cross-wind and air-ship speed. He'll do the gravity adjustment with his eyes closed. People may say you're trolling with statements like those but he really does do that. He'd fire 1 or 2 arrows and then get the gravity distortions corrected for a proper trajectory.

But what has he got that rivals the power of Superman that can possibly damage the World Engine?

Hmm?

You think that's air you're breathing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.