Invulnerability vs Healing Factor II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

googol
Peak Human stats, and combat skills like Captain America.

1. Wolverine Type of Healing factor(comic like)
2. SuperMan type of invulnerability(Smallville show, peak)

would be a vigilante? a Hero and fight Crime? or be a bad guy and rob banks and shit?

take you sides...

Edit.

you dont age at all with HF(live for ever if not beheaded)

you age at a normal pace with invulnerability

Silent Master
Didn't watch Smallville, what level was Clark's invulnerability?

googol
Originally posted by Silent Master
Didn't watch Smallville, what level was Clark's invulnerability? say what?? about the longest TV series about a comic book caracter and didnt watch it? wow..

the guy is nigh invulnerable. at least from second season up.. in the first season bullets left bruises...

-Pr-
Kudos for not watching Smallville. Stupid show for the most part.

I didnt watch it either, because what few episodes I did see sucked

Lord Feron
I always wondered. If you have an amazing feeling factor and someone like blows off your hand or something. When do you guys think it would stop hurting? (assume you have like deadpool/wolverine level healing factory).

Silent Master
Originally posted by googol
say what?? about the longest TV series about a comic book caracter and didnt watch it? wow..

the guy is nigh invulnerable. at least from second season up.. in the first season bullets left bruises...

I watched a few episodes but wasn't very impressed, in fact the only scene I can even rememebr is Kristin Kreuk's pool scene.

Did he tank nuke's, get pucnhed across the country etc? "nigh invulnerable" doesn't really tell me anything.

wolverine has said he feels ghost pains for months after extensive damage.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I always wondered. If you have an amazing feeling factor and someone like blows off your hand or something. When do you guys think it would stop hurting? (assume you have like deadpool/wolverine level healing factory).

Deadpool can regrow boby parts.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by 753
wolverine has said he feels ghost pains for months after extensive damage.

Yeah **** that IDk if I can deal with so much pain all the time. I would have to be doped up alot of the time..

Lord Feron
Deadpool can regrow boby parts.

were you trying to add something?

Oliver North
do I have to be a hero or villain?

I mean, I could go for living 100 times longer than normal but really wouldn't want to have to depend on the fact that I will eventually get better as justification for putting myself in harms way.

h1a8
If this is the case then HF is a curse.
You will eventually end up trapped somewhere forever. This is hell if you ask me.

Edit: You can die if your head is severed. Ok I might choose HF then.

googol
Originally posted by Oliver North
do I have to be a hero or villain?

I mean, I could go for living 100 times longer than normal but really wouldn't want to have to depend on the fact that I will eventually get better as justification for putting myself in harms way. you would have to take sides, you can be a part time hero or a part time bad guys but not one or the other

Silent Master
Originally posted by Lord Feron
were you trying to add something?

I didn't take phantom pains into account, I thought you were asking how long would a permanent injury hurt, thus the comment about their level of healing making such an injury basically impossible.

googol
Originally posted by h1a8
If this is the case then HF is a curse.
You will eventually end up trapped somewhere forever. This is hell if you ask me.

Edit: You can die if your head is severed. Ok I might choose HF then. you can also be analy raped if say 20 black guys decided to jump on you, your anus will break if forced by a Thick penis.. While with Invulnerability your hole is safe.. eek!

googol
I didn't take phantom pains into account, I thought you were asking how long would a permanent injury would hurt, thus the comment about their level of healing making such an injury basically impossible. Regrowing limbs dont mean you are not devoided of pain.. it will hurt like hell for the time it last, even if its a short one

Silent Master
I know it would hurt, but the pain wouldn't last forever.

h1a8
you can also be analy raped if say 20 black guys decided to jump on you, your anus will break if forced by a Thick penis.. While with Invulnerability your hole is safe.. eek! I would have guns blazing dude. Why do they have to be black? They can be white, mexican, russian, etc. Do black dudes typically rape other men?
With invulnerability you can actually hit with more damage. Imagine hitting someone with a steel hard fist. This worst than brass knuckles.

With HF you can gain strength faster by working out though. Your muscles will heal and grow faster right after the set.

googol
I know it would hurt, but the pain wouldn't last forever. say if you are takin on a few foot ninjas you would have to be really geared up for them because they would mess you up really good with their katanas

googol
Why do they have to be black? They can be white, mexican, russian, etc. Do black dudes typically rape other men?

well they are the most intimidating dudes... specially in jail

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The_f069bd_2589649.jpg

joking aside.. remember this is Real World scenarios not comic book ones.. so anything could happen. corrupt cops, Judges and angry Ex girlfriends

Silent Master
You gave us Captain America level skills, Foot ninjas aren't going to be doing much damage.

Lord Feron
Idk if I can deal with people slicing the shit out of me every time or shooting me. I guess eventually I might get use to it but it kinda sounds like it will take the joy out of my normal life. Immagine getting blown up and slowly coming back together OMG that must be insanely painful...

I would choose invincibility and be a minor villain. Walk into a bar "i bet you my tab that you can't make me flinch if you punch me in face" Would be awesome, drunk people would try it all the time lol. Free drinks for life!

totally forgot about the CA fighting powers...

Silent Master
Then use your CA level skills to avoid as many of those attacks as possible.

googol
You gave us Captain America level skills, Foot ninjas aren't going to be doing much damage. except foot ninjas in real life are not to be ****ed with.. and you dont get Cap's shield, so even one of them wont job to you because you wont be on a comic

Oliver North
You will eventually end up trapped somewhere forever.

this meme makes numbers cry

you would have to take sides, you can be a part time hero or a part time bad guys but not one or the other

invulnerability then, way more useful in a scuffle

Shabazz916
wolverines healing factor would be fun to have.. but without his skelton he would be a totally diff character.. gimme supermans durability

Silent Master
except foot ninjas in real life are not to be ****ed with.. and you dont get Cap's shield, so even one of them wont job to you because you wont be on a comic

Even fodder ninjas in comics are far more skilled than any real life person could ever be, so I don't see them as beeing a problem to someone with CA level skills.

h1a8
I hate pain too. It makes me a coward. I would has plenty of brass knowing I can't get hurt. Plus I can seriously hurt someone with my steel hard skin.

HF has the better long term benefits (long life) but sucky short term benefits.
but invulnerability has the better short term benefits.

h1a8
Even fodder ninjas in comics are far more skilled than any real life person could ever be, so I don't see them as beeing a problem to someone with CA level skills.

As far as the suspension of disbelief yes but writer's and authors that aren't real ninjas have them fighting like idiots tbh. We don't get Cap's speed or reflexes or strength. Those things help Cap evade and defend himself from ultra fast swings of swords.

Silent Master
As far as the suspension of disbelief yes but writer's and authors that aren't real ninjas have them fighting like idiots tbh. We don't get Cap's speed or reflexes or strength. Those things help Cap evade and defend himself from ultra fast swings of swords.

From the OP

You were saying?

googol
We don't get Cap's speed or reflexes or strength. Those things help Cap evade and defend himself from ultra fast swings of swords. Oh but we do.. we get Cap's physical stats.. which is Peak Human not super human

h1a8
From the OP

You were saying? I thought Cap was superhuman? Peak human stats by real world standards helps but it's no CA.

h1a8
Oh but we do.. we get Cap's physical stats.. which is Peak Human not super human If we get Cap's stats then that's awesome.

JakeTheBank
Cap's stats are blatantly superhuman and have been for years. "Peak Human" stats give us something akin to Bucky Barnes (sans metal arm) and Cap is more than 3 times faster, stronger, and agile than him. He's not at like high meta or herald level, but it's clear he's superhuman in comparison to both "the real world" and to other "peak humans" in comics.

Silent Master
I thought Cap was superhuman? Peak human stats by real world standards helps but it's no CA.

I believe that you're aware that Cap has been referred to as peak human for years, heck I think the term was created for him.

googol
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Cap's stats are blatantly superhuman and have been for years. "Peak Human" stats give us something akin to Bucky Barnes (sans metal arm) and Cap is more than 3 times faster, stronger, and agile than him. He's not at like high meta or herald level, but it's clear he's superhuman in comparison to both "the real world" and to other "peak humans" in comics. only on movies Cap is Super Human. on comics is the Epitome of a Peak Human...

h1a8
I believe that you're aware that Cap has been referred to as peak human for years, heck I think the term was created for him.

I know. But members argued for years that he is superhuman since he is significantly beyond other peak humans in comics. Unless those peak human in comics aren't really peak human and everything is elevated in scale. Maybe Mary Jane can lift twice the amount a normal woman her age and build can lift.

Supposed peak human in comics even have superhuman feats (feats impossible for a human to ever do).

So Cap's level stats (whether you call them peak human or not) is what we get.

JakeTheBank
only on movies Cap is Super Human. on comics is the Epitome of a Peak Human...

Comic Book Cap would utterly dominate Movie Cap in terms of "superhuman displays". What did you think that Chris Evans did that's honestly superior to what Cap routinely does in the books? In any case, though, you're not alone in that belief as a lot of my friends who saw Captain America: TFA and the Avengers felt that Cap was "too strong" for what "he should be".

The reality is though that in the books, Captain America has plenty of absurd strength, durability, and reflex feats that are among the best of the street level tier. Peak Humans don't dodge gunfire because they actually "see faster" than bullets. They aren't immune to toxins and poisons due to highly accelerated metabolism. They can't carve out their chest and spill their own guts out and then continue to fight, essentially no selling the injury. They also can't lift telephone polls over their shoulder without effort or hoist up chunks of asphalt from the street and then throw it with enough force to strike the top of a several story building that actually causes part of the ledge/rooftop to break apart.

I honestly don't see any feat from the films that comic book Cap already hasn't done or outdone in spectacular fashion.

Silent Master
I know. But members argued for years that he is superhuman since he is significantly beyond other peak humans in comics. Unless those peak human in comics aren't really peak human and everything is elevated in scale. Maybe Mary Jane can lift twice the amount a normal woman her age and build can lift.

Supposed peak human in comics even have superhuman feats (feats impossible for a human to ever do).

So Cap's level stats (whether you call them peak human or not) is what we get.

Given the context it was obvious that he meant CA level stats, plus he's even verified that was his intent...can we please drop this useless argument?

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Kudos for not watching Smallville. Stupid show for the most part. Shut up, you fool.

googol
Originally posted by Mindset
Shut up, you fool. Awesome...

oh and we get to use comic CA Stats here, but nothing too crazy like hanging with a Hulk level guy. since we lack his Shield we would need to arm ourselves

h1a8
Given the context it was obvious that he meant CA level stats, plus he's even verified that was his intent...can we please drop this useless argument? He clarified AFTER not before. Butthurt are you?

Everyone with good comic sense knows Peak human =/= Cap stats
Except you.

Silent Master
He clarified AFTER not before. Butthurt are you?

Everyone with good comic sense knows Peak human =/= Cap stats
Except you.

Given the context of the OP, I knew that he meant Cap's stats, I guess that I'm just smarter than you.

h1a8
Given the context of the OP, I knew that he meant Cap's stats, I guess that I'm just smarter than you.

Sure! "Peak Human stats, and combat skills like Captain America"
means exactly
"Peak Human stats and combat skills, like Captain America."

I guess the position of the comma doesn't change the meaning.

Silent Master
Sure! "Peak Human stats, and combat skills like Captain America"
means exactly
"Peak Human stats and combat skills, like Captain America."

I guess the position of the comma doesn't change the meaning.

You crying about it doesn't change the fact that I interpreted his post correctly, whereas you had to have it explained to you like a 2nd grader.

googol
You crying about it doesn't change the fact that I interpreted his post correctly, whereas you had to have it explained to you like a 2nd grader. so are you going to fight crime? or be a crime lord?

Silent Master
I'd re-up, join the special forces and split my time between training them and taking out criminals, terrorists, dictators etc.

snowdragon
Still healing factor and would be hero"ish" but not a blatant go save the world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.