Pre Nu52 Superman vs Earth 2 Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Yeah, it happened in Infinite Crisis. But did it happen right, going by feats?

Who wins?

Zack Fair
I think Post Crisis Superman can compete, but he will lose every time.

abhilegend
Earth 2 superman is still the same guy from PC era. His feats and story are still intact. Just because superman stalemated him doesn't mean he was downgraded. He was still the guy who was throwing moons at Anti-Monitor.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Earth 2 superman is still the same guy from PC era. His feats and story are still intact. Just because superman stalemated him doesn't mean he was downgraded. He was still the guy who was throwing moons at Anti-Monitor.
Seems logical.

http://www.treadstonemortgage.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/approved.jpg

cdtm

Yeah, but that's contrasted by being hurt by a nuke (Even after Alan Scott and Wonder Woman contained it.)

I'm not nearly as versed on Earth 2 Superman as I am on Earth 1, but I don't remember too many feats that come close to the moon tossing one, making it a possible outlier..

-Pr-
Earth 2. Different level of power.

quanchi112
Nu superman wins.

Golgo13
Earth 2.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by -Pr-
Earth 2. Different level of power. over 9000?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Earth 2. Why do you think so ?

cdtm

As another poster likes to say: Based on? embarrasment

Besides COIE stuff.

xJLxKing
Current Superman needs more time

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Current Superman needs more time Why ?

Golgo13
Current Superman needs more time

My thoughts exactly.

quanchi112
My thoughts exactly. What makes you think so ?

Zack Fair
This is Pre-Flashpoint Superman. Not New 52.

facepalm

Golgo13
Originally posted by Zack Fair

facepalm

He'd still lose. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Agreed.

He will lose but he will give Earth 2 a fight.

quanchi112

facepalm Either win.

quanchi112
He'd still lose. stick out tongue Based on ?

Golgo13
Agreed.

He will lose but he will give Earth 2 a fight.

Agreed.

xJLxKing

facepalm ahah, forgot the Pre. embarrasment

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, but that's contrasted by being hurt by a nuke (Even after Alan Scott and Wonder Woman contained it.)

I'm not nearly as versed on Earth 2 Superman as I am on Earth 1, but I don't remember too many feats that come close to the moon tossing one, making it a possible outlier..
That was a young Kal-L. His best feat was fighting Earth-1 Superman to a double KO which is vastly superior to tossing moons.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_kal1.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_kal2.jpg

iceman24567
Earth 2 Superman

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Earth 2 Superman What makes you think so ?

Digi
We're talking galaxy-sneeze, lose to a chimp, power level all over the place Supes, right? Depends entirely on which feats you decide to choose. Pre-original-Crisis Supes still has the most logic-defying feats though, even by comic standards.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Digi
We're talking galaxy-sneeze, lose to a chimp, power level all over the place Supes, right? Depends entirely on which feats you decide to choose. Pre-original-Crisis Supes still has the most logic-defying feats though, even by comic standards. Do you happen to have scans of losing to a chimp ?

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you happen to have scans of losing to a chimp ?

Not personally. It was something I saw years ago on KMC in a thread about PC Supes. Even minus that, the fluctuations in power were pretty intense, even by overpowered comic character standards. He was the Superman from WAYYY back, when writers cared less for continuity and coherence and such. It's almost hard to compare him to anything more current because of that.

quanchi112
Not personally. It was something I saw years ago on KMC in a thread about PC Supes. Its a great weapon only someone as responsible as myself could wield when appropriate.

Digi
Its a great weapon only someone as responsible as myself could wield when appropriate.

Huh? If we're still talking about the same thing, I used it as a throwaway example, making a larger point. Current forum sensibilities don't apply easily to older characters.

quanchi112
Huh? If we're still talking about the same thing, I used it as a throwaway example, making a larger point. Current forum sensibilities don't apply easily to older characters. I got your point that these characters were all over the map but to make the galaxy sneezing feats level out a chimp counter would be quite effective.

I myself tend to not debate based off of feats as the bulk of my evidence anyways.

Digi
Some amusing examples of my point:
http://blog.paxholley.net/2011/07/04/1-of-supermans-most-absurd-pre-crisis-super-powers/

Do we count those in PC Supes threads? Or do we conveniently ignore them because they don't fit our model for the character, or hold up to the rigors of forum scrutiny?

I got your point that these characters were all over the map but to make the galaxy sneezing feats level out a chimp counter would be quite effective.

I myself tend to not debate based off of feats as the bulk of my evidence anyways.

Fair enough.

abhilegend
We're talking galaxy-sneeze, lose to a chimp, power level all over the place Supes, right? Depends entirely on which feats you decide to choose. Pre-original-Crisis Supes still has the most logic-defying feats though, even by comic standards.
That chimp was Titano who radiated kryptonite. Superman wasn't that variable. Most of his low showings lack context.

quanchi112
That chimp was Titano who radiated kryptonite. Superman wasn't that variable. Most of his low showings lack context. Issue number ?

carver9
His strength was all over the place. At one point he can pull planets, then we have this...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/PreCrisisStrength_zps75cf56a6.png.html

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
His strength was all over the place. At one point he can pull planets, then we have this...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/PreCrisisStrength_zps75cf56a6.png.html yes, they were, then you have the average showing which is near sky father level

Zack Fair

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/PreCrisisStrength_zps75cf56a6.png.html Still better than a getting strangled by a snake.

carver9
LOL...whateva Zack.

carver9
yes, they were, then you have the average showing which is near sky father level

Whats his average showings?

cdtm

Depends on if you think Earth 2 Superman is Golden Age Superman or not.

There's some good arguments for why Earth 2 Supes and Golden Age/Original can't be the same character, due to history discrepancies and some other differences. (Earth 2 Supes never had Lex Luthor, for example,. but Alexi Luthor, while the Lex Luthor we know was born in the golden age era.).

abhilegend

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/PreCrisisStrength_zps75cf56a6.png.html
facepalm

I should report you now. For anybody interested here is the full scan. This rivals your hal/hulk fiasco.

Moves Earth across lightyears faster than teleportation

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15084182_movesearth.jpg

carver9
@ABHI...

You don't see the difference in easily pushing a planet and straining to do it. His strength was all over the place. At one point, they could carry numerous of planets with ease and at another point, they were struggling. You need to report yourself.

abhilegend
@ABHI...

You don't see the difference in easily pushing a planet and straining to do it. His strength was all over the place. At one point, they could carry numerous of planets with ease and at another point, they were struggling. You need to report yourself.
He was depowered since those days. You cropped a scan indicating that superman was struggling while moving earth a few inches while he was moving it faster than light across lightyears. At least show some shame about caught red-handed.

quanchi112
At least show some shame about caught red-handed. Irony.

carver9
The point of my scan was to show STRAIN, nothing he showed before while moving planetary bodies. I don't care if he moved it or not, what I care about is him showing his struggle doing it. Where in my post did I say he didn't move it? It's freaking obvious he did, it was the purpose of the comic.

Zack Fair
I think you should have posted a far lesser strength feat if you wanted to show his strength was all over the place.

quanchi112
I think you should have posted a far lesser strength feat if you wanted to show his strength was all over the place. Do you disagree with his message ?

carver9
I think you should have posted a far lesser strength feat if you wanted to show his strength was all over the place.

Why? You have one showing where they are carrying 100's of planets around the galaxy without strain, then you have another showing where Superman is having trouble moving Earth into a portals grab.

Zack Fair
Because he was moving it at light speed? He was still moving a celestial body. Maybe if you had shown him struggling with a mountain or a building it would have driven the point home. To me him struggling moving the earth at light speed and towing 10 planets around are not that far apart.

When you said his strength was all over the place I didn't expect to see a scan of him still moving a planet. But that is just me I suppose.

juggerman
Is this the same Supes that was getting rocked by Ali?

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Is this the same Supes that was getting rocked by Ali? Are you really going to cite that like it was a serious fight ?

juggerman
Are you really going to cite that like it was a serious fight ?

It was a boxing match and iirc Superman was getting hurt by Ali

Digi
No one wants to talk about Super Telepathy? My point, she is made.

quanchi112
It was a boxing match and iirc Superman was getting hurt by Ali Do you honestly think that represents Supermans entire history accurately ? You sicken me that I have to come to the aid of Superman while his fans just sit there.

Jake take control of this ship.

Zack Fair

313 LoL. I am up to debate super weaving.

quanchi112

313 thumb up

Digi
A shame I bungled the chimp thing. Had I known, I would've used a different example. Context is everything, of course. But anyway, I've said what I wanted to.

Originally posted by cdtm
Depends on if you think Earth 2 Superman is Golden Age Superman or not.

There's some good arguments for why Earth 2 Supes and Golden Age/Original can't be the same character, due to history discrepancies and some other differences. (Earth 2 Supes never had Lex Luthor, for example,. but Alexi Luthor, while the Lex Luthor we know was born in the golden age era.).

It's internally inconsistent, no doubt. I'm not sure I've ever heard this theory, though. If that's the case, things are even more convoluted, and either version of PC Supes would still have some wildly fluctuating showings.

Interesting theory, though, thanks for mentioning it.

thumb up

abhilegend
The point of my scan was to show STRAIN, nothing he showed before while moving planetary bodies. I don't care if he moved it or not, what I care about is him showing his struggle doing it. Where in my post did I say he didn't move it? It's freaking obvious he did, it was the purpose of the comic.
He was depowered since those days. He was moving planets like ping pong balls in 60's, then he got depowered in 1971 and was reduced to moving a single planet with some strain.

quanchi112
He was depowered since those days. He was moving planets like ping pong balls in 60's, then he got depowered in 1971 and was reduced to moving a single planet with some strain. If he was depowered then you can't pick and choose which feats to accept and which to ignore. Even by your on logic you can't have it both ways.

carver9
He was depowered since those days. He was moving planets like ping pong balls in 60's, then he got depowered in 1971 and was reduced to moving a single planet with some strain.

Didn't know that. I would ask you to post a scan proving it (since Rage has been ripping you apart) but I'm going to trust you on this one since I've heard this more than once.

wink

abhilegend

Shown across the whole pre-crisis comics. It was an official power of superman like T-vo.Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL. I am up to debate super weaving.
Just an application of super-speed.

Digi
Shown across the whole pre-crisis comics. It was an official power of superman like T-vo.
Just an application of super-speed.

Just like Super Shape Changing and Super Math. I agree.

abhilegend
Just like Super Shape Changing and Super Math. I agree.
Super shape changing was an application of muscle control which dates back to golden age superman. Super math was superman fooling some aliens.

JakeTheBank

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18100000/Angry-Superman-GIF-superman-the-movie-18139395-250-127.gif

juggerman
Do you honestly think that represents Supermans entire history accurately ? You sicken me that I have to come to the aid of Superman while his fans just sit there.

Did i once say that? I just asked a question and look at you getting your panties in a twist

the Darkone

thumb up gave PC Superman Earth 1 problems, and Earth 1 Superman was vastly stronger!!

quanchi112
Did i once say that? I just asked a question and look at you getting your panties in a twist It is a silly question which has no bearing on this fight. I know you miss me but try not to make it so obvious in the future.

cdtm
Because he was moving it at light speed? He was still moving a celestial body. Maybe if you had shown him struggling with a mountain or a building it would have driven the point home. To me him struggling moving the earth at light speed and towing 10 planets around are not that far apart.

When you said his strength was all over the place I didn't expect to see a scan of him still moving a planet. But that is just me I suppose.

It's not just you.

Contrasting an insane feat with another crazy high end feat isn't really the way to burst the PC hype bubble.

Michael643

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.