Battle of the Supermen!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
Due to a time/space anomaly several alternate versions of Clark Kent find themselves in the ruins of what was once the Kent farm in Smallville Kansas with no memory of how they arrived. Each blames the others for the destruction of their home town and they fight.

Superman(Cavill)
Superman(Reeve-1,2,3,4)
Superman(Routh-1,2, Returns)
Clark Kent(Smallville series minus the planet launching feat)

Bonus Round: Same deal except Smallville Clark keeps his planet tossing power and is trying to kill the others. The other Supermen are working together now.

Nephthys
Smallville Clark likely beats the shit out of all of them, that guy was so fast it wasn't even funny.

juggerman
Originally posted by Nephthys
Smallville Clark likely beats the shit out of all of them, that guy was so fast it wasn't even funny.

I think Reeve and Routh have him in speed

Zack Fair
Me too.

Routh Superman was light speed.

Reeve Superman circled the earth like 30 times in a second.

Strength-wise end game Smallville Supes has the best feat, but Reeve Superman can most likely do the same.

Edit Lets try and quantify how was Cavillman was.

Anyone?

juggerman
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Me too.

Strength-wise end game Smallville Supes has the best feat, but Reeve Superman can most likely do the same.

Anyone?

He was at least supersonic but nowhere near light imo. Smallville Clark was probably faster than Cavill

Impediment
Moved per request.

FYI, Dean Caine Superman pwns all. no expression

juggerman
Originally posted by Impediment
Moved per request.

FYI, Dean Caine Superman pwns all. no expression

Thanks for the move

DAMMIT HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT DEAN!!!????

wakkawakkawakka
Sucks that Cavill is probably the weakest of the Supermen even though he had the best fights outof all of them no expression

Smallville Supes would beat the others silly though an argument could be made for Reeve's Superman.

focus4chumps
reeve and routh are the same superman as per film canon.

stupid, i know. but fact none the less.

FrothByte
Me too.

Anyone?

From how it looked like in MOS, it seemed like the Kryptonians could only move in bursts of speed. Like once they move, they end up in their destination with extreme speed, but they don't seem to be capable of other superspeed movements. Like you don't see them delivering super fast punches or dodging around bullets like Matrix Agents. Once moving in superspeed, you don't see them correcting their course and zig zagging in super speed.

I remember reading a book, I think it was a book with Drizzt Do'urden, wherein he wore these speed bracers that made his hands (and swords) extremely fast. Problem was his mind couldn't keep up so he could swing a sword very fast but once committed to the action he couldn't alter the course of the swing or adjust the blow. My theory is that it's the same with the kyptonians. They commit to a movement, use superspeed in making that movement, then if they have to change movements they stop and make the other movement. Kinda like Faora went through those soldiers. She didn't just zip through them and knocked them all out without them seeing her. She'd zip to one, punch him out, zip to another, punch him out, etc.

juggerman
Originally posted by focus4chumps
reeve and routh are the same superman as per film canon.

stupid, i know. but fact none the less.

The split occurs with Superman III and Superman Returns which is why i clarified in the OP. Both can use feats from 1 and 2 but only Routh has feats from Returns and Reeve has feats from III and IV

Robtard
Reeve and by extension Routh, have on-demand powers; that's a bonus in a fight.

Cavill is the lowest here.

Zack Fair
How fast do you have to be to go from metropolis to space and back in a few seconds?

Robtard
How fast do you have to be to go from metropolis to space and back in a few seconds?

Really depends how far out. The Exosphere which is the last layer of atmosphere starts at about 400 miles out and ends at about 62,000 miles.

Mindset
Smallville Clark was lightspeed.

FrothByte
Cavill has one major advantage though: He's willing to kill.

Mindset
He'll be koed before he gets a chance.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Cavill has one major advantage though: He's willing to kill.

Not really.

Cavill's Superman will kill when he's put in an extreme position of 'kill someone or risk them butt-raping humanity'.

Reeve's Superman will kill someone that's no longer a threat while mocking them like a total dick.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Not really.

Cavill's Superman will kill when he's put in a position of 'kill someone, or risk then butt-raping humanity'.

Reeve's Superman will kill someone that's no longer a threat while mocking them like a total dick. Reeve's Superman was the best. thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Reeve's Superman was the best. thumb up

He's got the biggest dick of all them too:

V4YL0W5kvyw

Impediment
Dean Caine put his dick in Teri Hatcher.

Win.

Zack Fair
Not really.

Cavill's Superman will kill when he's put in an extreme position of 'kill someone or risk them butt-raping humanity'.

Reeve's Superman will kill someone that's no longer a threat while mocking them like a total dick. Superdickery at its finest.

Reeve Superman really embodied PC Superman.

Sh3nG L0nG
Routh was a total monster though, too bad he was a creeper, too.

COG Veteran
Cavill supes victory flies into space and leaves the shattered, smoldering remains of the others behind...

wakkawakkawakka
Uh....sorry but Cavill is actually the weakest of the Supermen despite how much I wanted him to be better than Routh in this fight.

Though I think its between Reeve's and Welling and I'm leaning towards Welling for now.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by juggerman
The split occurs with Superman III and Superman Returns which is why i clarified in the OP. Both can use feats from 1 and 2 but only Routh has feats from Returns and Reeve has feats from III and IV

i cant think of any feats from 3 or 4 which put reeve any higher in abilities. would anyone care to sacrifice 4 hours of precious life to watch those turds again and confirm? i sure as shit won't.

juggerman
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i cant think of any feats from 3 or 4 which put reeve any higher in abilities. would anyone care to sacrifice 4 hours of precious life to watch those turds again and confirm? i sure as shit won't.

laughing out loud All i remember was his super vision that repaired walls during his fight with Nuke-Man

Robtard
Superman 4, Superman can talk in space. He's got reality warping powers.

Zack Fair
Humans in Superman 4 surived in space too.

Best.movie.Ever.

LoL@Critics claiming they would rather watch with joy Superman 4 over Man of Steel. What a bunch of assholes.

Robtard

LoL@Critics claiming they would rather watch with joy Superman 4 over Man of Steel. What a bunch of assholes.

If anyone actually said that, they're just hating on MoS to rasie the 'I hate MoS' bar.

Zack Fair
Someone did, yeah.

super pr*xy
reeve's superman 1-4 is probably the most powerful since he has on-demand powers.. routh is probably the second only because his powers got scaled back in returns.. then cavill, though he is the best iteration, he is also the weakest, as of now, at least.. i bet he's gonna be more powerful in the sequel, more feats.. let's revisit this thread after man of steel 2..

i never watched smallville so i can't really say..

juggerman
So Reeve is the top guy here then?

What if the three others teamed up? Could they beat him?

super pr*xy
not with reeve throwing around that big ass plastic "s" shield..

BloodRain
Why is Reeve above Smallville?

Lestov16
Didn't Smallville Clark move an entire planet out of Earth's orbit in the series finale?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BloodRain
Why is Reeve above Smallville?

Reeve Superman is a pretty cool guy. He kills Zod with a smile and doesn't afraid of anything.Originally posted by Lestov16
Didn't Smallville Clark move an entire planet out of Earth's orbit in the series finale? Yeah. Reeve Superman moved the moon though. I don't see the apokolips feat beyond Reeve.

Nephthys
Originally posted by juggerman
I think Reeve and Routh have him in speed

They can fly at lightspeeds but they've never actually moved or reacted to things at any kind of speed. Smallville Clark regularly runs around at mach 500 blitzing everything to death like the cheap superdick that he is.

Also I seem to recall one bit where he picks Chloe up and runs to the North Pole from Smallville nigh on instantly.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nephthys
They can fly at lightspeeds but they've never actually moved or reacted to things at any kind of speed. Smallville Clark regularly runs around at mach 500 blitzing everything to death like the cheap superdick that he is. Catching bullets ain't reacting to things at any kind of speed?

Lestov16
Reeve Superman is a pretty cool guy. He kills Zod with a smile and doesn't afraid of anything. Yeah. Reeve Superman moved the moon though. I don't see the apokolips feat beyond Reeve.

Reeve was defying the space-time continuum and rewinding time, so he's definitely the most powerful, but I would rank SV Clark second.

Mindset
Reeve Superman is a pretty cool guy. He kills Zod with a smile and doesn't afraid of anything. Yeah. Reeve Superman moved the moon though. I don't see the apokolips feat beyond Reeve. Easily pushing a saturn sized planet out of earth's orbit >>> moving the moon.

Zack Fair
Easily pushing a saturn sized planet out of earth's orbit >>> moving the moon. It is. I wouldn't put it past Reeve is all I'm saying. Not saying he would either. Just...**** OFF Dickset uhuh

Nephthys
Catching bullets ain't reacting to things at any kind of speed?

Er.....

My memory is spotty on the early Superman movies, ok? >:[

Mindset
Don't worry, they both oneshot MoS Supes with ease.

Zack Fair
Its cool. Should watch them some time whenever you're bored. For the laughs and nostalgia. thumb up

Zack Fair
Don't worry, they both oneshot MoS Supes with ease. That they do.

But then again I remember people arguing Reeve Superman could not defeat the Avengers because he was a lousy fighter. So I'mma go with that.

Mindset
Watching the Smallville ep with Amy Adams.

Lulz

Mindset
That they do.

But then again I remember people arguing Reeve Superman could not defeat the Avengers because he was a lousy fighter. So I'mma go with that. Then Smallville Clark wins. thumb up

Zack Fair
Ugh...that episode is a travesty. Ruined tight pants Adams for me. over

juggerman
Watching the Smallville ep with Amy Adams.

Lulz

Is that the one where Pete is diggin the fatty?

Robtard
Black guy digging a fat white girl, no, that's no cliche' at all.

Mindset
Black guy digging a fat white girl, no, that's no cliche' at all. He didn't like her until she lost weight.

Give him some credit.

juggerman
Black guy digging a fat white girl, no, that's no cliche' at all.

That's cuz black guys are smart. Show the chubby some love and she'll do anything for ya.... ANYTHING!

Mindship
Originally posted by Impediment
FYI, Dean Caine Superman pwns all. no expression Not quite.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/georgereeves.jpg

Zack Fair
Watched a video of Reeves Superman destroying walls lol. Apparently he didn't know how to open doors.

Mindset
Phuck doors.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Mindship
Not quite.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/georgereeves.jpg

JL TAS Season 1 Superman would beat George, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.