America vs Britain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

curryman
Which produces the best comic-book writers?

And which do you prefer the most?

quanchi112
America.

abhilegend
Grant Morrison and Alan Moore win.

iscaremonkeys
in b4 close

TheGodKiller
Tie. Although Neil Gaiman and Grant Morrison are my favorites.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Grant Morrison and Alan Moore win. Based on which stories ?

Digi
Originally posted by curryman
Which produces the best comic-book writers?

And which do you prefer the most?

You realize that trying to group together such wildly disparate and numerous writers, then judge them collectively, is effectively impossible by any measurable standard, yeah? At which point, this thread's premise is little more than an excuse for xenophobes or patriots to drop a few names, declare them arbitrary champion, and call it a day.

MF DELPH
I'm an American, and my favorite writers (Gaiman, Moore, Claremont, Milligan, Morrison, Millar, Ennis, Davis) happen to all be British.

Go fig.

psycho gundam
GB wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Digi
You realize that trying to group together such wildly disparate and numerous writers, then judge them collectively, is effectively impossible by any measurable standard, yeah? At which point, this thread's premise is little more than an excuse for xenophobes or patriots to drop a few names, declare them arbitrary champion, and call it a day. thumb up

hailing from neither country all I can say is that the british is lot better than the american

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
hailing from neither country all I can say is that the british is lot better than the american In what areas ? Do you mean just this area or others ?

Flyattractor
England has Alan Grant....Nuff said.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
England has Alan Grant....Nuff said. Which stories are you referring to ?

JakeTheBank
Bendis is American so we lose by default.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Which stories are you referring to ? All things LOBO!!!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
All things LOBO!!!!!!!!!! Opinion disqualified.

NemeBro
thumb up

This post is not congruent with your pro-American post.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
This post is not congruent with your pro-American post. I did not name drop and then exit the thread I simply gave my opinion. You're wrong.

curryman
Originally posted by Digi
You realize that trying to group together such wildly disparate and numerous writers, then judge them collectively, is effectively impossible by any measurable standard, yeah? At which point, this thread's premise is little more than an excuse for xenophobes or patriots to drop a few names, declare them arbitrary champion, and call it a day.

Just tally up the writers bro smile

Wei Phoenix
And here I thought Steve and Brian were going to square off with teams.

Omega Vision
UK has (in my opinion) better writers today, but historically American writers have been more significant.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by NemeBro
This post is not congruent with your pro-American post.
thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
UK has (in my opinion) better writers today, but historically American writers have been more significant. /thread

Flyattractor
Opinion disqualified. He also made some really good Batman/Etrigan The Demon. His stuff on L.E.G.I.O.N and not to even mention Judge Dredd.

So FUHH YOU Little Q!!!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
You can't follow along. No surprise there.

In what areas ? Do you mean just this area or others ? not sure I get what you mean, I'm talking about comic book writers, of course. I meant to say the british elite (of writers) is better than the american one

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
not sure I get what you mean, I'm talking about comic book writers, of course. I meant to say the british elite (of writers) is better than the american one Ok, I disagree.

Oliver North
Population of Britain: ~63 000 000
Population of America: ~316 000 000

/thread

quanchi112
He also made some really good Batman/Etrigan The Demon. His stuff on L.E.G.I.O.N and not to even mention Judge Dredd.

So FUHH YOU Little Q!!!!! Meh.

srankmissingnin
At his moment the best superhero comics on the stand are written by Brian Azzarello (Wonder Woman), Jeff Lemire (Animal Man), Mark Waid (Dare Devil), Jason Aaron (Thor), Matt Fraction (Hawkeye), Rick Remender (Uncanny Avengers), Jonathan Hickman (Avengers)... and duh duh dun Brian Bendis (Ultimate Spider-man). So that's a bunch of Americans and one Canadian.

But f all those guys, because Warren Ellis. cool

Golgo13
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
At his moment the best superhero comics on the stand are written by Brian Azzarello (Wonder Woman), Jeff Lemire (Animal Man), Mark Waid (Dare Devil), Jason Aaron (Thor), Matt Fraction (Hawkeye), Rick Remender (Uncanny Avengers), Jonathan Hickman (Avengers)... and duh duh dun Brian Bendis (Ultimate Spider-man). So that's a bunch of Americans and one Canadian.

But f all those guys, because Warren Ellis. cool

thumb up

krisblaze
Surely britain

cdtm
Opinion disqualified.

thumb up

Adding to that, Keith Giffen, another American, created Lobo.

He also happened to write the greatest JLA run of all time, the awesome Five Years Later LOSH run, the L.E.G.I O.N 89/90/Rebels runs..

Much as I love Britian for quality writers, they can often take themselves way too seriously. Giffen manages to pump out quality writing while keeping things fun and entertaining.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.