Which villain do you want to see for MOS 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
I think Cyborg Superman could be cool.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/CS_zps730ae9ba.jpg

Kazenji
Have to change his origin

the one they had for Death & Return of superman was just stupid.

BruceSkywalker
Brainiac, for Man of Steel 2, Doomsday for Man of Steel 3

JayDaDon
Brainiac and Lex. Or Mongul could be cool too

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Brainiac and Lex. Or Mongul could be cool too

the problem with Lex is that he is over done.. I would like Lex this time around if he is only a secular villain instead of the main one

JayDaDon
I agree. I don't want him front and center either, I just feel storywise, the sequel would be the perfect time for him to swoop in with his anti-superman propaganda and schemes. If not now I don't see a better time for them to work him in there. But I think he absolutely should be secondary to Brainiac

BruceSkywalker
I agree. I don't want him front and center either, I just feel storywise, the sequel would be the perfect time for him to swoop in with his anti-superman propaganda and schemes. If not now I don't see a better time for them to work him in there. But I think he absolutely should be secondary to Brainiac

I agree, David Goyer should watch a lot of the Justice League cartoon episodes where Lex was doing that..

JayDaDon
The Brainiac/lex combo IMO would be their best bet for a successful sequel.

juggerman
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I agree, David Goyer should watch a lot of the Justice League cartoon episodes where Lex was doing that..

I think Young Justice Lex is where it's at

JakeTheBank
Honestly, we do need Lex Luthor in this film franchise, and yes, he should be a major character/foil.

One of the themes in Man of Steel was truth/faith, both in the case of Kal putting said trust in his adopted family, the human race, and in himself. With the way things ended and Superman telling Swanwick to convince the US that he's here to stay and help (on his terms), we need to see the other side of that trust worthy coin.

The previous Luthors on the big screen didn't do Lex justice in the sense that through modern interpretations of the character, he's doing what he believes is honestly in humanity's best interest, not showcasing himself as the "greatest criminal mastermind of our time". The first film was the DC Cinematic Universe's first exposure to superpowers and alien life forms, and Lex needs to be the guy who doesn't sound all that crazy when he says that beings like Superman can and are a threat to humanity if left unchecked. Sure, he also needs to be a self serving, jaded, and corrupted man, but Luthor, like Superman, needs to represent qualities of humanity we can identify with, albeit reluctantly. Smallville, horrendous as it was at times, did Lex justice with his portrayal. The Man of Steel/DCCU should follow that example.

That said, I don't want to see him physically engage Superman. He should be developing anti-Superman measures/weapons and/or possibly be involved with Brainac's incursion (I can even see Luthor obtaining a sample of either Superman's DNA that was left over in the fight, or more logically, getting his hands on Zod's corpse and making a "Bizarro" like clone with it). Luthor should never be the immediate threat to Superman, but the long term and insidious one that only gets more and more bothersome as time passes on.

BruceSkywalker
The Brainiac/lex combo IMO would be their best bet for a successful sequel.

agreed

Originally posted by juggerman
I think Young Justice Lex is where it's at

i forgot about those.. old age lol

WhiteWitchKing
Cyborg Superman/Lex Luthor for the sequel. Lex builds CS from Kryptonian tech he gets access to. This would help establish Lex as a true intellect who's able to adapt Kryptonian tech but build an Cyborg than is every bit as powerful, if not more so, than even Superman. It makes him a credible threat than same of the Lex hacks we seen in the past.

CPT Space Bomb
Anyone but Lex Luthor...

xJLxKing
They already confirmed Lex MoS2. Anyways, Brainiac would be a nice choice but not for a movie. I rather have Lex Luthor as the main antagonist. Something he does during the movie create a new villain, nothing too big. Parasite, or someone that can make Superman weak, NOT KRYPTONITE. Bring Superman down a notch, much like they did with Spiderman 2.

JayDaDon
Lex won't be enough to carry the whole sequel. M.o.s gave the public a taste of Superman action done correct, they'll be looking for the sequel to hit even harder.

CPT Space Bomb
Lex could be in the movies, but NOT as the main villain. I'm so tired of "Movie Lex" and they already redid Zod....ffs let's get some new blood in there.

abhilegend
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Cyborg Superman/Lex Luthor for the sequel. Lex builds CS from Kryptonian tech he gets access to. This would help establish Lex as a true intellect who's able to adapt Kryptonian tech but build an Cyborg than is every bit as powerful, if not more so, than even Superman. It makes him a credible threat than same of the Lex hacks we seen in the past.
thumb up

Rao Kal El
Lex Luthor as a villain will be the CEO of Lex Corp, seriously in a real world why will a CEO like Warren Buffet or Carlos Slim will like to fight the Man of Steel???

It will mostly be a CEO villain which seriously kills the character for me.

Plus that I have seen so many Superman movies with Lex Luthor as a villain that I feel like they should let him rest from the movies for a while. well I can think If somehow they can make Luthor to create a bizarro Superman but it very similar to Superman IV, so I guess I stick to the idea of forgetting Luthor at least for the second movie

Braniac will be great, Doomsday, Cyborg Superman.

Hemmil went to the phantom zone so that gives some room to create a villain as well.

xJLxKing
I hope it is a CEO villain. HE doesn't have to necessarily hate Superman. Instead, it could be that Superman is in his way and preventing him from achieving his goal, whether it be riches, or power.

Based
Darkseid. Or Brainiac. Luthor is alright if he's with another villain.

DARTH POWER
Luthor could be an intersting character to add. We've never had him as a big CEO on the Big screen before.

But he will only be interesting as an addition, or the guy pulling the strings.

He just can't be the only villain, that would just bring this back to Superman Returns which I'm sure they won't do.

Kazenji
They really need to do something different with him.....such as get him wearing his battle suit.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Luthor could be an intersting character to add. We've never had him as a big CEO on the Big screen before.

But he will only be interesting as an addition, or the guy pulling the strings.

He just can't be the only villain, that would just bring this back to Superman Returns which I'm sure they won't do.

agreed

Originally posted by Kazenji
They really need to do something different with him.....such as get him wearing his battle suit.

thats possible, to have him wear his battlesuit, prolly just depends on how Goyer will write the story

Femi32
Braniac from the Superman: The Animated Series with Lex Luthor.

If not Braniac, then Mongul.

Mshinu
Screw Darkseid and the others, give us The Main Man LOBO! They need to top the destruction/explosions of MoS so who better? big grin

dynamix
doomsday!

quanchi112
Zod clone.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Zod clone. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Another great idea just struck me.

Lex Luthors cousin who looks and acts exactly like him but get this his name is

Rex.

Femi32
Another great idea just struck me.

Lex Luthors cousin who looks and acts exactly like him but get this his name is

Rex. thumb down

quanchi112
Originally posted by Femi32
thumb down Rex Luthor would steal the show.

Femi32
Rex Luthor would steal the show.

I'd rather have a real Lex Luther . We already had Trevor-Mandarin and Cloud-Galactus. No need to ruin anymore villains.

kevdude
I'd say Brainiac or Mongul with his Warworld going around taking aliens for slaves and in his gladiator style fights. Bring CS in on the 3rd movie and have him almost destroy a city and have Lex in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.