Man of Steel Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

Superman (Man of Steel)

Vs

Thor (Solo film 2011)

Fight takes place at the Grand Canyon...

? About MoS ... Was that even the Superman we know?
Was he out of character in the movie? Would Superman haf allowd that much
Damage to the city? Someone else was wearing the red cap..

playa1258
Superman

abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of thor.

FrothByte
Thor may put up a fight, especially if he uses his head. But Superman still beats him, and pretty badly.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of thor.

Lord Lucien
Superman has better hair. He obviously wins.

Zack Fair
Thor says thee ...NAY

http://s3.amazonaws.com/hwcanwait_user_images/public/54.jpg

Estacado
Lulz .
Pretty much spite.

Newjak
Superman wins

DARTH POWER
Superman wins, but don't see how it's spite tbh.

Nephthys
Not sure how its spite when people are arguing that Thor beats Faora despite her fighting Supes equally if not as his superior.

Estacado
Thor doesnt have time for fancy lightning attacks which take couple seconds to charge he gets punched in the face before he could summon Lightning.

Newjak
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not sure how its spite when people are arguing that Thor beats Faora despite her fighting Supes equally if not as his superior. The only reason Thor can take Faora is because she didn't learn how to fly and use Heat vision.

Even without those Thor would have to fight really smart to have a chance here.

Superman has all of those. I think Thor can take some of what MoS Superman can dish out be he's going to be fighting an uphill battle because of the speed disadvantage he is at.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Estacado
Thor doesnt have time for fancy lightning attacks which take couple seconds to charge he gets punched in the face before he could summon Lightning.

He can shoot powerful lightning blasts pretty instantaneously.

Originally posted by Newjak
I think Thor can take some of what MoS Superman can dish out be he's going to be fighting an uphill battle because of the speed disadvantage he is at.

I duuno. Thor was flying around pretty fast, spinning Mjolnir around dead fast in combat, shooting lightning all around him when Loki's illusions were surrounding him, using tornadoes against his opponents.

So not sure Supes speed is an instant win tbh.

But I agree Supes does win. Just think Thor will put up a half decent fight.

Zack Fair
If being a punching bag is your idea of a decent fight then sure.

Silent Master
IIRC, Thor charged his hammer mid-swing before hitting the piece of armor that Hulk used to stab one of the Leviathans.

Zack Fair
Yeah. He looks at the piece of metal and the hammer starts charging then he brings it down and owns the leviathan.

Mindset
Zack, you have become the abhi of MoS Supes.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not sure how its spite when people are arguing that Thor beats Faora despite her fighting Supes equally if not as his superior.

Faora can't fly or use heat vision. Plus once her helmet gets damaged she's in big trouble. Superman has none of those weaknesses.

One question I have about the Kryptonians' speed though, is did they use super speed when delivering punches or evading blows? From what I remember, they had super speed in moving from point A to point B, then would slow down to deliver a punch. Like how Faora dealt with the soldiers, she's zip up to them in a blur, then punch them at speed we can see (almost normal speed), then zip to another, punch, etc. And then when they dodged bullets, it wasn't like Agent Smith style dodging around at super speed, they just run really fast to get away from the bullets. But then again they have no reason to dodge bullets.

Of course I only watched to movie once, so they might have displayed other super speed feats other than super speed running/flying that I don't remember.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindset
Zack, you have become the abhi of MoS Supes. http://25.media.tumblr.com/f93adc861633c9255212181bdfc6b3ea/tumblr_mopos6zRNV1sppmago1_400.gif

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zack Fair
If being a punching bag is your idea of a decent fight then sure.

Lol he can hit back as well.

ares834
Superman wins fairly easily.

DARTH POWER
Maybe I need to watch MOS again, but I'm really not seeing a stomp or an easy win.

Supes seems > Thor, but not >>> from what I can remember.

COG Veteran
Thor 2011 was a joke. MoS easily. Supes speed blitzes before thor realizes Supes is in the state.

carver9
I just seen the movie. You can add the other Avengers including the army the Avengers went against and Superman would beat all of them effortlessly. One of the best movies Ive seen in a long time.

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9
I just seen the movie. You can add the other Avengers including the army the Avengers went against and Superman would beat all of them effortlessly. One of the best movies Ive seen in a long time.

This.

Mindset
I just seen the movie. You can add the other Avengers including the army the Avengers went against and Superman would beat all of them effortlessly. One of the best movies Ive seen in a long time. lol no

Zack Fair
I just seen the movie. You can add the other Avengers including the army the Avengers went against and Superman would beat all of them effortlessly. One of the best movies Ive seen in a long time. Everything is proceeding as planned. I will soon unleash the Carver on these unsuspecting fools.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130426153131/moviemorgue/images/d/d2/Palpatine03.jpg

Mindset
Carver isn't ready to take on Quan.

Odekahn
lol

BruceSkywalker
Snyderverse ftw

abhilegend
Et tu carver?

ares834

thumb up

jinXed by JaNx
Even though we haven't seen, Thor pushed to his physical limit. I think the on screen feats give Superman the undeniable edge here. Superman obviously has the advantage in, Speed and agility. Although i would also say he clearly has the advantage in strength i'm willing to say for arguments sake that Thors hammer may match Supermans strength but even then, Thor has to connect a blow with his hammer just to match what superman is capable of dealing without a hammer. For me, Speed and agility alone wins this fight for superman

Rao Kal El

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/wtf.gif...

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/dave-chappelleheadexploding_zps59d0247c.gif

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/OLD.gif

Badabing
I just seen the movie. You can add the other Avengers including the army the Avengers went against and Superman would beat all of them effortlessly. One of the best movies Ive seen in a long time. http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/394818/dramatic-cat-o.gifOriginally posted by Zack Fair
Everything is proceeding as planned. I will soon unleash the Carver on these unsuspecting fools.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130426153131/moviemorgue/images/d/d2/Palpatine03.jpg laughing out loud

h1a8
Thor from his movie was more powerful than his avengers counterpart. IMO he was closer to the comic version. The avengers version was watered down a little

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor from his movie was more powerful than his avengers counterpart. IMO he was closer to the comic version. The avengers version was watered down a little

Yeah that did happen. Probably to make him more comparable to the other Avengers.

FrothByte
In any case, as per OP this is Thor from his solo film.

The Silent Hero
Thor lacks the reaction times, speed, and power to win. There's no guarantee lightning would kill Superman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would lightning have to kill Superman? I don't think Thor would even try and murder Superman in the first place, he's an actual hero.

Thor's lightning if it hits would definitely hurt Superman like crazy though.

ares834
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Thor would even try and murder Superman in the first place, he's an actual hero.

Tell that to the Frost Giants and Chitauri.

juggerman
Originally posted by ares834

laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Tell that to the Frost Giants and Chitauri. RIP Ice monster. it only wanted a hug =[

Rage.Of.Olympus

Ugly monsters don't count.

Also, Chitauri were like robot foot soldiers, why do people keep mentioning them in death counts?

In all seriousness, Thor was more heroic then Superman imo.

Mindset
Thor has bigger muscles and better hair.

Thor 10/10

-Pr-
Won't be easy, but Superman.

Mindset
Shut up, Pr.

If that even is your real name.

BlackZero30x
Ugly monsters don't count.

Also, Chitauri were like robot foot soldiers, why do people keep mentioning them in death counts?

because they were living creatures....until they were killed.....

FrothByte

Thor 10/10

Deeper voice and better teeth as well. =) And Natalie Portman is hotter than Amy Adams. Now if only Kal-el hooked with Faora instead...

emporerpants
Why shouldn't those creatures count? They are clearly as intelligent as humans.

Supes stomps thor.

WhiteWitchKing
Thor already murdered Clark's father remember? He might just do the same to the son. But I think Superman would take this 7/10.

Dolos
Man of Steel blasts this rock band poser's face into pieces.

Thor 10/10

Doctor Manhattan has bigger muscles than Thor and has no hair so he doesn't look like a social reject.

MOS 10/10.

Based
Superman didn't get hurt during his fights against Faora or Zod. Thor and the Hulk were bleeding against the Chitauri. Supes stomps.

Dolos
http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/s/super-punch_135432-fli_1369217683-280-80.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by Dolos

Doctor Manhattan has bigger muscles than Thor and has no hair so he doesn't look like a social reject.
http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2010/09/PETE-EYE-CLOCK-GIF.gif

Dolos
It's true tho.

Dolos
http://kategale.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/watchmen-silk-spectre-dr-manhattan.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3168/2648955643_0898017a45.jpg

DC's Manhattan is just better than Marvel's Thor.

Mindset
This queer...

Dolos
Thor loses.

Get over it.

Mindset
http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2010/09/PETE-EYE-CLOCK-GIF.gif

Nope.

Thor 10/10.

Dolos
Nope.

Thor 10/10.

Quit denying the facts.

http://www.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/78734/153397.jpg

TheGodKiller
True that.

The one thing which bugged Superfans more than anything else is how unsupermanlike this superman was. With the exception of Lois and that random family that Zod tried to fry with hv, he didn't even attempt to protect any other civilians. And then there is the death of Zod as the icing on the cake. At least Loki still remained alive at the end of Avengers.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Thor already murdered Clark's father remember?
Dafuq u talkin' about?

Odekahn
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
True that.

The one thing which bugged Superfans more than anything else is how unsupermanlike this superman was. With the exception of Lois and that random family that Zod tried to fry with hv, he didn't even attempt to protect any other civilians. And then there is the death of Zod as the icing on the cake. At least Loki still remained alive at the end of Avengers.

He gave himself up to save humanity.
He allowed himself to be handcuffed.
He allowed himself to be humbled by a punk in a bar.
He saved his Mom from Zod.
He saved lots of soldiers.
He saved everyone by taking down the world engine.
He ultimately did the right thing no matter how difficult it was.
Guys on a boat. Kids in a bus. Etc.

I think he was a perfect Superman.

jinXed by JaNx
True that.

Didn't bother me one bit. I have no idea how people can say Superman was "unsupermanlike" They must have been watching a different movie, either that or they just want to watch cheesy crap where Superman rebuilds the great wall of China with his eyes. People whine and complain way to much. How much more heroic can you get than SAVING THE WORLD? :confused He turned down absolute power and destroyed the last known remaining line of his people for a world that really didn't want much to do with him. HE didn't attempt to save civilians because he was busy protecting them from the OTHER aliens that wanted to DESTROY them. Did you people just not watch this movie? jesus Christ. This is exactly why Superman would choose to be a world conqueror if he were real, because of people like you. HE saves the world and the only thing you have to say is...,Well, you didn't save everyone now did you?

People don't complain when Thor isn't there to save EVERYONE. What about when Thor was fighting the aliens in the Avengers and all those people were being killed while he was fighting? Yeah, he musn't have cared about those people right?

Back on topic though, Thor has no chance here. Superman has the advantage in every way...,Faster, stronger, and has far to many other abilities for Thor contend or defend against. Superman is in a completely different league.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Odekahn
He gave himself up to save humanity.
He allowed himself to be handcuffed.
He allowed himself to be humbled by a punk in a bar.
He saved his Mom from Zod.
He saved lots of soldiers.
He saved everyone by taking down the world engine.
He ultimately did the right thing no matter how difficult it was.
Guys on a boat. Kids in a bus. Etc.

I think he was a perfect Superman.
Only to end up endangering it all over again.
And later wrecked that punk's truck.
Wow. What a uniquely exceptional thing for him to do. Not like any random human dude wouldn't do the same.
When?
You mean to say he killed everyone by taking it down? Unless people were being magically evacuated at that moment, it's logical to say that the death toll from the collateral damage numbered in the millions at least.
Yeah, because snapping the neck of the villain is totally what superman stands for.
Lol at the boat and lol at the bus.

If you're one of those people that believe that superman should be a flawed character who goes around killing his villains, then maybe you would be right. For the average superman fan, that's far from a perfect superman.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Based
Superman didn't get hurt during his fights against Faora or Zod. Thor and the Hulk were bleeding against the Chitauri. Supes stomps.

Thor never bled against the Chitauri. And though I do believe SUperman wins this, it would be a big lie to claim that Zod and Faora didn't hurt Superman.

jinXed by JaNx

You mean to say he killed everyone by taking it down? Unless people were being magically evacuated at that moment, it's logical to say that the death toll from the collateral damage numbered in the millions at least.
Yeah, because snapping the neck of the villain is totally what superman stands for.
Lol at the boat and lol at the bus.

What else was he going to do? What else could he do? He didn't have the luxory of time to come up with an alternate solution in either scenario. Even if he did have time it's not like he had any other options. Your reasoning makes no sense at all. You're suggesting that Superman shouldn't have destroyed the world engine because people would die in the process there by making him responsible for the deaths of those people. Do you know how absurd that sounds?

How was else was Superman going to stop Zod. You complain and argue that it was out of Supermans character to kill but he's done it before in the comics and movies. It just wasn't presented in such an intense manner. He obviously didn't do it in cold blood. If you didn't get the impression that he did it only as a last resort then you were watching the movie wrong. He wasn't responsible for the collateral damage that took place during that fight...,he was responsible for stopping the collateral damage that would have taken place had he not killed Zod. HAve you ever watched or read a Superman comic book before?

Do people not remember when Doomsday attacked Superman? Yeah, half of metropolis was destroyed during that fight too. Metropolis ALWAYS gets damaged during battles involving, Superman. It's always been a running theme in the Superman story. It's been the center of debate in the comics several times before.

Odekahn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
What else was he going to do? What else could he do? He didn't have the luxory of time to come up with an alternate solution in either scenario. Even if he did have time it's not like he had any other options. Your reasoning makes no sense at all. You're suggesting that Superman shouldn't have destroyed the world engine because people would die in the process there by making him responsible for the deaths of those people. Do you know how absurd that sounds?

How was else was Superman going to stop Zod. You complain and argue that it was out of Supermans character to kill but he's done it before in the comics and movies. It just wasn't presented in such an intense manner. He obviously didn't do it in cold blood. If you didn't get the impression that he did it only as a last resort then you were watching the movie wrong. He wasn't responsible for the collateral damage that took place during that fight...,he was responsible for stopping the collateral damage that would have taken place had he not killed Zod. HAve you ever watched or read a Superman comic book before?

Do people not remember when Doomsday attacked Superman? Yeah, half of metropolis was destroyed during that fight too. Metropolis ALWAYS gets damaged during battles involving, Superman. It's always been a running theme in the Superman story. It's been the center of debate in the comics several times before.

And the same people also don't care that Superman killed Zod in Superman II. I think some people just look for reasons to complain.

juggerman
Originally posted by Odekahn
And the same people also don't care that Superman killed Zod in Superman II. I think some people just look for reasons to complain.

Pretty much.

Dolos
It was either Zod, or a poor innocent family.

You gotta weigh your options.

Plus, Superman snapped neck like a boss. Conan the Barbarian mofo.

juggerman
It was either Zod, or a poor innocent family.

You gotta weigh your options.

Plus, Superman snapped neck like a boss. Conan the Barbarian mofo.

Breaking the neck of a super powered being bent on killing the entire population of Earth as a last resort is un-Superman-like.

But crushing the hand of a powerless man to prove your superiority and then dropping him down a seemingly bottomless pit to his death, and then taking a detour to a diner to bully another powerless man to make yourself feel better is very Superman-like thumb up

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
Breaking the neck of a super powered being bent on killing the entire population of Earth as a last resort is un-Superman-like.

But crushing the hand of a powerless man to prove your superiority and then dropping him down a seemingly bottomless pit to his death, and then taking a detour to a diner to bully another powerless man to make yourself feel better is very Superman-like thumb up

Probably because Reeve Superman smiled all the time while doing it and did it in good humor, which is why people think it more supermanly than Cavill's emotionally distraught killing. Guess all you need to do is smile while you kill somebody, and people will think that's heroic.

juggerman
Originally posted by FrothByte
Probably because Reeve Superman smiled all the time while doing it and did it in good humor, which is why people think it more supermanly than Cavill's emotionally distraught killing. Guess all you need to do is smile while you kill somebody, and people will think that's heroic.

I like this logic. The Joker must be the greatest hero ever to these people

Mindset
Originally posted by juggerman

But crushing the hand of a powerless man to prove your superiority and then dropping him down a seemingly bottomless pit to his death, and then taking a detour to a diner to bully another powerless man to make yourself feel better is very Superman-like thumb up Reeve's Superman wasn't a pussy about it.

Heroic.

quab
Clark beats Thor so bad, this is spite.

Dolos
Reeve's Superman wasn't a pussy about it.

Heroic. It was a manly roar. Just like the Hulk after beating the Abomination. Zack also had Owl Man II do that in his Watchmen film when Rorschach was blown up.

And Reeves Superman was a GIANT PUSSY, look at when he got punched through glass and didn't do anything about it till he got his powers back. He literally couldn't punch anyone until after that point when he hit the big Kryptonian lackey of Zod. He never hit anyone after that. He didn't kill Zod, he pushed him off the thing and in the director's cut Zod lived and was arrested.

That's what makes MOS so much better than all the previous versions, he's the manliest. He would kill for the chance to beat up that dude who poured a drink in his face as a human, or the yet to be priest who pushed him against the fence as a boy.

Mindset
It was a manly roar. Just like the Hulk after beating the Abomination. Zack also had Owl Man II do that in his Watchmen film when Rorschach was blown up.

And Reeves Superman was a GIANT PUSSY, look at when he got punched through glass and didn't do anything about it till he got his powers back. He literally couldn't punch anyone until after that point when he hit the big Kryptonian lackey of Zod. He never hit anyone after that. He didn't kill Zod, he pushed him off the thing and in the director's cut Zod lived and was arrested.

That's what makes MOS so much better than all the previous versions, he's the manliest. He would kill for the chance to beat up that dude who poured a drink in his face as a human, or the yet to be priest who pushed him against the fence as a boy. He was sobbing like a *****.

Deal with it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
sWV95n0skB0

6M5pYyW6lLw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.