How does Palpatine get around unnoticed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mglis_23
So in Episode II, Palpatine flies out to the outskirts of the city to meet Dooku. In Episode III there is a pitched lightsaber battle in his office and glass shattering and someone being thrown out AND he is horribly disfigured afterwards.

My question is, does Palpatine have the worst security in the galaxy or is it just me? I mean, if a world leader showed up to work the next day horribly disfigured, wouldnt someone on their staff be like WTF what happened? How does Palpatine get around and do all these secret meetings without anyone being the wiser?

KingD19
The disfigurement was directly followed by Order 66 being enacted and him becoming Emperor Palpatine. Nobody had any say in the matter and he clearly came out as Sith Emperor so that didn't really matter.

And I'm pretty sure his inner circle knew his true identity, which is why he didn't need much security. He was well loved by the population, and had no need to be defended since he was one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history.

Mglis_23
Makes sense to me. smile

queeq
Wrinkles make one a mass murderer.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Mglis_23
So in Episode II, Palpatine flies out to the outskirts of the city to meet Dooku. In Episode III there is a pitched lightsaber battle in his office and glass shattering and someone being thrown out AND he is horribly disfigured afterwards.

My question is, does Palpatine have the worst security in the galaxy or is it just me? I mean, if a world leader showed up to work the next day horribly disfigured, wouldnt someone on their staff be like WTF what happened? How does Palpatine get around and do all these secret meetings without anyone being the wiser? Yeah, you know it's almost as if these movies... don't make any sense.

FistOfThe North
Just the way he got around unnoticed when he was a senator. And he was a sith lord before the event of episode 1.

He seems to know how to hide his being apart of the dark side amongst people so well that not even yoda could sense it.

I remember reading a story on how he would visit or hang around the jedi temple with a young darth maul, hiding in plain sight, secretly scheming and observing the jedi and their ways with everyone always being none the wiser ..

Vensai
Sidious is a grandmaster at hiding his presence from even the likes of Yoda and Windu. And as was said, his inner circle already knew his true identity.

queeq
Which was only Maul, small circle. wink

Darth Luminous
This is explained in the Senate scene in ROTS. He explains his disfigurement as the result of the Jedi attack. Which is not really true but is kind of true in a way, given that the revelation of his disfigurement was prompted by Mace and the posse.

Vensai
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
This is explained in the Senate scene in ROTS. He explains his disfigurement as the result of the Jedi attack. Which is not really true but is kind of true in a way, given that the revelation of his disfigurement was prompted by Mace and the posse.
Yeah. With Order 66, the Jedi were not exactly focused on contradicting Sidious.

Lord Lucien
They were more focused on dying. Give 'em props, it's not an easy subject to be attentive to.

Vensai
Originally posted by queeq
Which was only Maul, small circle. wink
I think Mas Amedda knew as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.