Movie Superman vs Comic Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins? No bfring. This is Superman from the man of steel movie.

xJLxKing
Stark gets crushed!

Silent Master
You did notice that he said comic Iron-man, right?

You know, the guy that can take hits from guys the Thor and the Hulk.

curryman
Originally posted by Silent Master
You did notice that he said comic Iron-man, right?

You know, the guy that can take hits from guys the Thor and the Hulk.

Surviving and taking hits are two completely different things stick out tongue

Silent Master
Originally posted by curryman
Surviving and taking hits are two completely different things stick out tongue

Right, but MOS Superman doesn't even have 1/100th of the strength that comic Thor or Hulk do.

quanchi112
Iron Man stomps.

SevenShackles
Comic ironman has so much exp dealing with threats above his weight class and has not only taken hits from guys like Thor or Hulk but was able to fight back more often than not. MoS superman is fast, strong and shrugged off modern weaponry like it was nothing but comic ironman is beyond modern weaponry.

Isnt iron mans reaction speed rather high?

Blair Wind
I don't know about his reaction speed being enough to counter Superman. Iron Man has the versatility/power to be more effective than the army was, but at his base I don't see how he is going to be able to counter Superman's impressive speed bursts and strength.

Silent Master
I can see how speed might be an issue, but MOS Superman's strength shouldn't be an issue as it's literally hundereds if not thousands of times lower than several people comic Iron-man has dealt with.

Although, doesn't Iron-man have computer enhanced targeting?

Blair Wind
Computer enhanced targeting won't be able to compensate for Superman's speed.

And comic Iron Man's durability is pretty high but his armor has been destroyed before. Unless he is bringing his A+ game, it's Superman's fight to lose. Which he might, considering he's kind of sloppy (per this movie at least).

I'd still put odds on Superman winning. Give him prep and it's another scenario completely.

CosmicComet
Comic Iron Man, easily.

He's much stronger, much more durable, and significantly faster.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Blair Wind

And comic Iron Man's durability is pretty high but his armor has been destroyed before. Unless he is bringing his A+ game, it's Superman's fight to lose. Which he might, considering he's kind of sloppy (per this movie at least).

I'd still put odds on Superman winning. Give him prep and it's another scenario completely. I agree with you.

I think Superman is outclassed against Tony performing at his best, but I can see Superman giving him trouble if he is fighting an average Iron Man.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree with you.

I think Superman is outclassed against Tony performing at his best, but I can see Superman giving him trouble if he is fighting an average Iron Man. I disagree. It's a clear stomp for Iron Man.

CosmicComet
Quan is correct here.

Naija boy
comic iron man absolutely stomps

Zack Fair
Fair enough.

abhilegend
Iron man.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Iron man. laughing out loud

Silent Master

I'd still put odds on Superman winning. Give him prep and it's another scenario completely.

Comic Iron-man's armor has been destroyed before, but it's generally by people that are at the very least dozens of times stronger than MOS Superman. and Iron-man doesn't seem to have much trouble hitting speedsters like QS in the comics...is MOS Superman's reactions really that much faster than comic Quicksilver/Speed Demon etc?

abhilegend
Comic Iron-man's armor has been destroyed before, but it's generally by people that are at the very least dozens of times stronger than MOS Superman. and Iron-man doesn't seem to have much trouble hitting speedsters like QS in the comics...is MOS Superman's reactions really that much faster than comic Quicksilver/Speed Demon etc?
Quicksilver and Aurora are dozens of times stronger than superman? They shredded Tony's armor like paper in Infinity Crusade, your favorite wonder man comic.

h1a8
IM wins but not necessarily a stomp (unless you are going only on high showings).

Digi
I don't know about his reaction speed being enough to counter Superman. Iron Man has the versatility/power to be more effective than the army was, but at his base I don't see how he is going to be able to counter Superman's impressive speed bursts and strength.

This. I don't know that we have the evidence to prove this one way or another definitively, but I feel like it's still Superman's fight to lose.

h1a8
Average IM in comics is about 90-100 ton strength. Superman in MOS is probably close to 100 tons. Superman in MOS is faster and very durable. It's a much closer fight than I thought.

Blair Wind
I would love to see someone explain to me how Ironman wins the majority. What weaponry would be effective? Give me showings that might prove that he will win (the majority). I dont doubt that he can win, just do not see it for the majority. MoS gave us a pretty solid (if not inexperienced) showing of Superman actually being Superman. He wasnt really watered down in terms of his power, just his discipline and experience.

Mindset
IM would beat him to death with his fists.

Noob.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Average IM in comics is about 90-100 ton strength. Superman in MOS is probably close to 100 tons. Superman in MOS is faster and very durable. It's a much closer fight than I thought.

Wonderman, back when he was listed at cl 95 was doing things like supporting 50,000 tons...post a feat for MOS Superman that matches that.

h1a8
Wonderman, back when he was listed at cl 95 was doing things like supporting 50,000 tons...post a feat for MOS Superman that matches that.
Read my post again. I said average IM.

I'm not talking about what was listed but average IM showings. I don't see an average IM lifting two abram tanks stacked off the ground.

Superman has the feat of destroying the huge World Maker against the extreme forces and atmosphere changes (he was weaker).
Faora (who is not stronger than Superman) casually threw Superman far away through buildings to hit a solid steel vault (dented it in).

JakeTheBank
Man of Steel Superman did resist the pull of what was described as a black hole in addition to flying through the gravimetric pulses of the World Engine.

But Comic Book Iron Man has a ridiculous array of feats to draw upon, even from armor models that are horribly inferior to his current stuff. He should win this virtually every time.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Man of Steel Superman did resist the pull of what was described as a black hole in addition to flying through the gravimetric pulses of the World Engine.

But Comic Book Iron Man has a ridiculous array of feats to draw upon, even from armor models that are horribly inferior to his current stuff. He should win this virtually every time.

IMO classic IM was more durable than current IM.
Current IM is more realistic in his durability where classic wasn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
IM would beat him to death with his fists.

Noob. Bunch a noobs.

TheGodKiller
I saw the movie a few days back, but I don't recall him resisting the pull of the phantom-drive's singularity. I do recall him saving Lois as she fell down from the jet, but it didn't appear that he was in the phantom drive's blast zone, so I doubt the wormhole affected him.

Still, anyone has a gif of that feat?

Sixth_Winged
I have issues to that black hole resisting feat (even if it was a small one)

Do we attribute it to Superman's strength or durability or flight?

Cause I don't think flight and strength are interchangeable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This thread is dumb.

Iron Man wrecks him, wtf is wrong with people?

Can't help but cringe at how misused stuff like black holes are in fiction. It was some kind of pseudo wormhole that seemed to have a pull only Kryptonians for some reason with none of the destructive force.

If it was a black hole, Lois wouldn't have been falling away from it, lol. Otherwise we might as well attribute surviving a black hole to movie Loki.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I have issues to that black hole resisting feat (even if it was a small one)

Do we attribute it to Superman's strength or durability or flight?

Cause I don't think flight and strength are interchangeable. It was not a black hole.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This thread is dumb.

Iron Man wrecks him, wtf is wrong with people?

Can't help but cringe at how misused stuff like black holes are in fiction. It was some kind of pseudo wormhole that seemed to have a pull only Kryptonians for some reason with none of the destructive force.

If it was a black hole, Lois wouldn't have been falling away from it, lol. Otherwise we might as well attribute surviving a black hole to movie Loki.

The problem is you are looking at high end IM and not an average one. Everyone here agrees that IM (high end) will beat MOS. So there's nothing wtf wrong with people.

Current IM is less durable than classic IM also.

Also the black hole somehow got stronger as Superman tried to pull away with Lois.

I named the feat that Superman destroyed the huge ass World Engine while going against the teraform beam force and while being weakened as well.

quanchi112
The problem is you are looking at high end IM and not an average one. Everyone here agrees that IM (high end) will beat MOS. So there's nothing wtf wrong with people.

Current IM is less durable than classic IM also. Do we look at Mos average feats as well or just the high ones ?

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do we look at Mos average feats as well or just the high ones ?

Doesn't matter since MOS didn't get damaged the whole movie and never showed a limit to his strength. IM showed limits to his strength and thus we can average him.

1. High end IM beats MOS
2. Average IM has a good fight with MOS that can go either way.
3. High end MOS against average IM has MOS win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doesn't matter since MOS didn't get damaged the whole movie and never showed a limit to his strength. IM showed limits to his strength and thus we can average him.

1. High end IM beats MOS
3. High end MOS against average IM has MOS win.

What's an average Iron Man?

JakeTheBank
What's an average Iron Man?

Above MoS Superman.

And as the leader of the House of El, you can trust my word on all things Superman. thumb up

carver9
H1, provide scans backing up your claim about average IM.

quanchi112

1. High end IM beats MOS
3. High end MOS against average IM has MOS win. Yes, we did. We see him ko'd. We also saw him struggle against the water tower.

You want to ignore this because you like Superman. Not going to happen.

h1a8
Yes, we did. We see him ko'd. We also saw him struggle against the water tower.

You want to ignore this because you like Superman. Not going to happen.

Agreed. But being koed didn't damage him (but a ko is a win here). Plus that was before he fully realized his powers. He was more powerful after becoming Superman. Superman can use flight strength to amp his natural strength.

So I stand corrected by Quan.

My 3 case scenario is still pretty accurate though.

quanchi112
Agreed. But being koed didn't damage him (but a ko is a win here). Plus that was before he fully realized his powers. He was more powerful after becoming Superman. Superman can use flight strength to amp his natural strength.

So I stand corrected by Quan.

My 3 case scenario is still pretty accurate though. He was more skilled with his powers IMO not more powerful.

Ko'd is damaged.

IronMan easily wins.

h1a8
He was more skilled with his powers IMO not more powerful.

Ko'd is damaged.

IronMan easily wins.

Superman is a lot faster in combat.
Current IM can be scraped easier than classic IM

quanchi112
Superman is a lot faster in combat.
Current IM can be scraped easier than classic IM That is by I said he is better skilled not overall more powerful.

Based on ?

Badabing
Movie Supes beats comic IM, cartoon, IM, movie IM and Black Sabbath IM. Fact.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I saw the movie a few days back, but I don't recall him resisting the pull of the phantom-drive's singularity. I do recall him saving Lois as she fell down from the jet, but it didn't appear that he was in the phantom drive's blast zone, so I doubt the wormhole affected him.

Still, anyone has a gif of that feat? He did resist the pull. he rescues lois and then flies away from the singularity. You could see the strain in his face as he overpowered the pull.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He did resist the pull. he rescues lois and then flies away from the singularity. You could see the strain in his face as he overpowered the pull.

Which is why I said it has some kind of weird pull on Kryptonians. The Phantom Zone had no effect on Lois (She was in free fall I think) but Superman and the other Kryptonians were being sucked right in. Unless that was their way of making a cool scene for Superman and logic be damned?

Also, people need to stop calling any dimensional warp or a hole in space a black hole.

xJLxKing
I think it was just special effect on Superman. Ms. Land would have died in an instant from the pull.

Sixth_Winged
and once again is resisting the pull = physical strength?

Badabing
Which is why I said it has some kind of weird pull on Kryptonians. The Phantom Zone had no effect on Lois (She was in free fall I think) but Superman and the other Kryptonians were being sucked right in. Unless that was their way of making a cool scene for Superman and logic be damned?

Also, people need to stop calling any dimensional warp or a hole in space a black hole. Yes, Supes resisted the black hole. biscuits

h1a8
That is by I said he is better skilled not overall more powerful.

Based on ?

Current IM gets damaged much easier. Hulk, Thor, for example, will cause significantly more damage to IM with their blows.

Classic IM seemed very durable and hardly ever got damaged (at least appeared that way). The same characters would be seen to not do any damage the first couple of hits. This wasn't realistic and thus they changed this.

If this is Classic IM then he wins all day. MOS can possibly win over a more modern IM due to having less durability (being more realistic)

NemeBro
Originally posted by Badabing
Movie Supes beats ....... Black Sabbath IM. Fact. NO.

abhilegend

Also, people need to stop calling any dimensional warp or a hole in space a black hole.
It was specifically stated to be a singularity.

quanchi112
Current IM gets damaged much easier. Hulk, Thor, for example, will cause significantly more damage to IM with their blows.

Classic IM seemed very durable and hardly ever got damaged (at least appeared that way). The same characters would be seen to not do any damage the first couple of hits. This wasn't realistic and thus they changed this.

If this is Classic IM then he wins all day. MOS can possibly win over a more modern IM due to having less durability (being more realistic) Hulk and Thor are far more powerful than comic and movie Superman.

Cite examples to prove this. You just make stuff up and roll with it. You aren't fooling anyone.

Either IronMan wins all day.

Zack Fair

Didn't like it so it didn't happen.

Zod himself mentions it is a blackhole when the kryptonians imprison them.

"You won't kill us yourselves. You won't sully your hands but you will damn us to a blackhole for eternity."

CosmicComet
He did resist the pull. he rescues lois and then flies away from the singularity. You could see the strain in his face as he overpowered the pull.

The fact that Lois did not die from the pull while in his arms means the feat is highly questionable.

Zack Fair
Shut up.

Badabing
Originally posted by NemeBro
NO. Okay, I may have overreached there...mmm

CosmicComet
Shut up.

No U.

No one wants that feat to be more legit than me. But that shit wasn't legit.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by CosmicComet
No U.

No one wants that feat to be more legit than me. But that shit wasn't legit. Nigga plz. You be full of hate. Get off this thread nowz. The house of El will deal with you shortly. uhuhuhuh

CosmicComet
I could've forgiven the movie's shortcomings as a Superman movie if it at least had one really great feat. But it didn't.

It would have been something if he was already partially sucked in and then powered through, but he was far away from the pull, and if the pull was that deadly, Lois should have died. She seemed to feel nothing.

There's no proof that he could extend his bio-electric aura around her either ala All-Star Superman, so that explanation is out.

Silent Master
The fact that Lois did not die from the pull while in his arms means the feat is highly questionable.

Facts don't matter to some people.

Zack Fair
I could've forgiven the movie's shortcomings as a Superman movie if it at least had one really great feat. But it didn't.

It would have been something if he was already partially sucked in and then powered through, but he was far away from the pull, and if the pull was that deadly, Lois should have died. She seemed to feel nothing.

There's no proof that he could extend his bio-electric aura around her either ala All-Star Superman, so that explanation is out. Kal was probably taking the brunt of the pull? I think Lois was simply protected by the plot, or rather you guys found a plothole? Shit like that happens all the time. So we see Clark who is undoubtedly superior to Lois struggle, and we're to believe the pull wasn't much because it didn't affect her?

I'm glad Superman is not Reeveman powerful. The character was ridiculous. i think the destruction of the world engine while getting gradually weak is a great feat. *shrug*

Badabing
No U.

No one wants that feat to be more legit than me. But that shit wasn't legit. Your face isn't legit. sneer

Zack Fair
DESTROY HIM NOW.

Bada.

DO IT.

Badabing
DESTROY HIM NOW.

Bada.

DO IT. He is certainly asking for it. mmm

CosmicComet
I wasn't hoping for Christopher Reeve levels either. (Wanted him to stay unsurpassed in all respects)

But seriously, fat George Reeves Superman would beat Henry Cavill --speed is about equal, both are faster than the eye can see and multiple mach flying, Strength is an utter stomp for Reeves as he casually lifted the Sphinx statue in Egypt with one arm, durability is in favor of Reeves by a lot as he tanked an atom bomb.

and Dean Cain Superman would utterly stomp him.

Dean Cain level would have been cool with me, but he was far below that.

Bentley
Dean Cain Supes went intangible by vibrating, cool comic sh_t right there.

CosmicComet
Yeah, Dean Cain was pretty much on the same level as comics Superman of the same time.

Zack Fair
Dean Cain Superman boned prime Teri hatcher.

He is easily abstract level.

CosmicComet
heh biscuits

Badabing
Dean Cain Superman boned prime Teri hatcher.

He is easily abstract level. thumb up

quanchi112
I wasn't hoping for Christopher Reeve levels either. (Wanted him to stay unsurpassed in all respects)

But seriously, fat George Reeves Superman would beat Henry Cavill --speed is about equal, both are faster than the eye can see and multiple mach flying, Strength is an utter stomp for Reeves as he casually lifted the Sphinx statue in Egypt with one arm, durability is in favor of Reeves by a lot as he tanked an atom bomb.

and Dean Cain Superman would utterly stomp him.

Dean Cain level would have been cool with me, but he was far below that. I agree this movie Suoerman was really weak compared to other Supermen.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Okay, it was a black hole.

But without the crushing gravity so why is it impressive? The reason why resisting a black hole is crazy is due to it's properties but this thing obviously lacked them so it's utterly worthless for comparison because as it stands, it's most impressive feat is pulling the top of damage Skyscrapers or something.

Didn't like it so it didn't happen.

Zod himself mentions it is a blackhole when the kryptonians imprison them.

"You won't kill us yourselves. You won't sully your hands but you will damn us to a blackhole for eternity."

What? No one denied that it happened.

My gripe was just a personal one, they refer to it as a black hole then send a prison ship through it harmlessly.

Zack Fair
Fair enough thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.