Burger King Brings Delivery Service to Boston

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Burger King Brings Delivery Service to Boston, A Million College Kids Rejoice.

Hm. I live here in Boston and I'm not a junk food junkie but I do love a nice hot whopper every one in a blue.

I used to be into Burger King at night especially but I hated waiting in line at the drive thru because i'd take forever and it was probably because there aren't that many BK's here or close by. Maybe 3 where 2 are worth the drive.

$10 the min. I've never brought that much BK at once for myself. Min. should've been $5. Or at least one of those meals. O well.

Good idea for groups though.

Oliver North
good for them?

/shrug

Bardock42
Fina****ingly, amirite?

I don't actually eat at these kind of fast food places anymore, but I'm all for delivery of everything, it's the future, man.

Oliver North
I actually love burgers and probably eat too many of them, but in terms of health issues, I can't see Burger King being much worse for you than the other crap you can have delivered.

With this kind of stuff, its not even the caloric or nutritional content of the food you are eating (a burger or pizza is actually incredibly nutritious in terms of the nutrients their ingredients contain), it is how often those calories are consumed and how little is done to expend them. Burger delivery is hardly going to impact people negatively unless they already live a lifestyle where caloric intake far exceeds output, or if they limit their diet to exclusively fatty/greasy foods.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Oliver North
I actually love burgers and probably eat too many of them, but in terms of health issues, I can't see Burger King being much worse for you than the other crap you can have delivered.

With this kind of stuff, its not even the caloric or nutritional content of the food you are eating (a burger or pizza is actually incredibly nutritious in terms of the nutrients their ingredients contain), it is how often those calories are consumed and how little is done to expend them. Burger delivery is hardly going to impact people negatively unless they already live a lifestyle where caloric intake far exceeds output, or if they limit their diet to exclusively fatty/greasy foods.

That's true of course, though I feel like you are pre-emptively arguing this point. Neither FotN nor I have been arguing the "lazy, fat people getting lazier and fatter" angle (though I'm sure it'll come up soon enough)

Oliver North
of course

I'm not sure what other angle there is to the topic though; BK expanding delivery service in a single city in one country is hardly germane for discussion.

I mean, ok, maybe requiring $10 for delivery limits the options of the consumer in a manner, but I'm not too passionate about that issue.

Bardock42
I found it interesting that BK will enter that market though. I guess there's not much to discuss, but interesting information. For example I am wondering why they now think that it is financially viable. I assume the 10$ minimum is what makes it possible, at all, as the average price of one of their meals would probably not cover the extra expense.

FistOfThe North
of course

I'm not sure what other angle there is to the topic though; BK expanding delivery service in a single city in one country is hardly germane for discussion.

I mean, ok, maybe requiring $10 for delivery limits the options of the consumer in a manner, but I'm not too passionate about that issue.

You don't think others cities will follow suit and real soon? Followed by other franchises. That's significant.

The $10 limit thing is limiting. I see it only benefitting family households or groups like college kids or the office and not people who'd go to BK just to get a burger or a meal. There's no way I'd buy more than $10 worth of BK just to save the rest for another day. I need to always have it fresh. And I remember having left over BK the next day and losing it's taste the day after even if you heat it up.

So I guess i'll just stick to getting a whopper whenever there's a bk close by and I feel like a whopper at the time.

Archaeopteryx
Originally posted by Bardock42
I assume the 10$ minimum is what makes it possible, at all, as the average price of one of their meals would probably not cover the extra expense.

My guess would be that they are in an extremely competitive business and this is an idea for increasing sales and Boston is the test market. If it is successful look for it to expand to other markets and for competitors to follow the idea of course.

Oliver North
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
You don't think others cities will follow suit and real soon? Followed by other franchises. That's significant.

how is that significant?

FistOfThe North
how is that significant?

I'm mean it's not a cancer cure. It's just more convenient to have deliveries for services that. The trend this could start with other franchises could be significant. And more convenient to consumers.

Oliver North
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'm mean it's not a cancer cure. It's just more convenient to have deliveries for services that. The trend this could start with other franchises could be significant. And more convenient to consumers.

having food delivered to your door isn't really a new thing that is going to change people's lives. afaik, McDonalds has this service in many parts of America, and most cities have delivery services that will go get your food for you if you are really lazy.

You might as well make a thread any time a new item is added to the menu of any fast food joint.

dadudemon
I actually love burgers and probably eat too many of them,

Good sir, I kindly disagree. You could stand to eat a few more burgers. smile

Omega Vision
It's always funny when a topic is only active because people are commenting on how it isn't relevant or notable.
Originally posted by dadudemon
You disgust me, you chubby chaser.

Lord Lucien
Good timing, following the new AMA obesity label.

Oliver North
Originally posted by dadudemon

lol, touche

drkwrld
That's cool, but i don't like fast food restaurant they are making our people fat as shit and kill u over the years. Everything in the usa was made for a purpose. Remember there are super smart and evil people out there like pinky and the brain! they are trying to take over the world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.