DBZ Movie with Broly!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
You guys recall the movie with all the Z-fighters meeting up w/ broly on the planet and fighting? Goku was just a regular SSJ1 w/ power boost from the others. He was able to beat Broly and sent him to the sun. Broly lives of course, he later comes to Earth and recovered from his wounds. Does this mean Broly got the saiyan power boost?

More questions:

1) Gohan ssj2 or 1 in the movie vs. Broly?

2) Was this before the official Buu Saga?

3) Is Cell stronger than Broly?

Galan007
0.) There is no reason to assume that Broly didn't receive a Saiyan boost after his near-death beating.
1.) Yes.
2.) Right around the time of the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament.
3.) Perfect Cell and Broly are, in all likelihood, near the same level. Post-kamikaze/Super-Perfect Cell would have a distinct advantage, though.

BloodRain
About Cell's regen: The two blasts from Vegeta/Goku which destroyed Cell's upper half, if these blasts hit his entire body would he be unable to regen back? (Like with Gohan's final shot)

Galan007
Originally posted by BloodRain
About Cell's regen: The two blasts from Vegeta/Goku which destroyed Cell's upper half, if these blasts hit his entire body would he be unable to regen back? (Like with Gohan's final shot) To perma-kill Cell, the portion of his brain responsible for regeneration must be completely destroyed/erased. As long as that is destroyed(along with the rest of his body, of course) then Cell cannot regen.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16087590/350510.gif.html

That said, judging by the damage inflicted to Cell, I do believe that Vegeta's Super-Final Flash or Goku's IT-Kamehameha could have perma-killed Cell, had said attacks encompassed the entirety of Cell's body... Though it should be noted that Cell was dramatically holding back when both of said attacks were used against him.

BloodRain
Hold up its been a small regenerative lump in his head? I've only remembered the anime saying as long as he had a cell remaining he was fine. Less impressive no expression

Hm, so why was he regening from the waist up both times when his head was vaporized?

NemeBro
0. He didn't receive his Saiyan powerup. We know this because Gohan remarks that he is just as lethal now (When he's nearing adulthood) as he was then.
1. 2
2. Yes.
3. No, Broly is considerably more powerful, based on feats.

Galan007
Originally posted by BloodRain
Hm, so why was he regening from the waist up both times when his head was vaporized? That, sir, is the million dollar question. wink

Originally posted by NemeBro
3. No, Broly is considerably more powerful, based on feats. Only if you believe that Broly destroyed an entire galaxy as a base SSJ(remember, he didn't transform into a LSSJ until he battled the Z fighters) in one fell swoop... Which is a funny assertion to say the least.

Furthermore, we know the South Galaxy wasn't destroyed, because Goku traveled through the South Galaxy using IT-- and what did we see while he was traversing this Galaxy that had supposedly been destroyed? Multiple planets(he visited a few of them) and hundreds of stars. Heck, the majority of the movie took place on 'New Vegeta', which was located in the South Galaxy.

Short story long: the South Galaxy was still intact-- Broly didn't destroy it(the original Japanese dub confirms as much.) The most we saw Broly destroy is a singular planet.

NemeBro
Funnily, I didn't claim any of that in my post.

Galan007
I know. I just felt like a good rant, is all. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.