Black Adam vs WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
No prep or BFR
In character
Fight in unpopulated Metropolis.

PRE 52 BLACK ADAM

Zack Fair
Black Adam.

Stoic
WWH

quanchi112
WW Hulk wins.

iceman24567
Adam wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Adam wins Based on ?

iceman24567
^I have all ugly idiots on ignore that includes you sunshine no expression

quanchi112
^I have all ugly idiots on ignore that includes you sunshine no expression You would not be responding to me if you ignored me. The only thing you have ever ignored is your reasoning or debating itself.

iceman24567
^Still find the need to troll people that have you on ignore and spam up the thread sad life

quanchi112
^Still find the need to troll people that have you on ignore and spam up the thread sad life Stick to the topic. Why does Black Adam win ? Just asking for your reasoning. That's it.

iceman24567
^more spam move on troll somebody that doesnt have you on ignore

armedforbattle
Quan, I'm guessing he won't argue with you because no matter what valid points he brings up you won't listen.

quanchi112
^more spam move on troll somebody that doesnt have you on ignore I see it being Hulks fight since Black Adam will be fighting to Hulks strengths here and doesn't have the healing factor or dynamic strength to prevail.

Stoic
What did Teth do to make people believe that he would beat the Hulk at this level? Teth would be fighting an ever increasing uphill battle against a guy that would instantly heal from anything he dished, and find himself seemingly getting weaker, but it wouldn't be that he was getting weaker, but that the Hulk was getting stronger in several areas. His HF would increase, his durability would increase, his speed would increase, and his strength of course would be steadily climbing. Would Teth be able to KO a guy capable of tanking forces strong enough to shatter city sized portions of the moon while at base levels? I highly doubt it. Of course we can attempt to bag/nerf WW Hulk's powers by forgetting/glazing over his feats.

Teth fought a group of heroes that fought as dumb as a bag of sh1t, and weren't out to kill him. The Sentry on the other hand dealt with Terrax the way an adult would deal with an infant. I don't see Teth on that level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Quan, I'm guessing he won't argue with you because no matter what valid points he brings up you won't listen. I am into the debate process. If he brings up valid points I will counter. I'm extremely open minded.

Zack Fair
Says Black Adam fought a group of people who fought like dumbassesOriginally posted by Stoic
Says WWH is legit beast

iceman24567
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Quan, I'm guessing he won't argue with you because no matter what valid points he brings up you won't listen. You guessed right that doesnt stop him from trolling even the ignore fuction doesnt matter to him oh well.
Originally posted by Stoic
What did Teth do to make people believe that he would beat the Hulk at this level? Teth would be fighting an ever increasing uphill battle against a guy that would instantly heal from anything he dished, and find himself seemingly getting weaker, but it wouldn't be that he was getting weaker, but that the Hulk was getting stronger in several areas. His HF would increase, his durability would increase, his speed would increase, and his strength of course would be steadily climbing. Would Teth be able to KO a guy capable of tanking forces strong enough to shatter city sized portions of the moon while at base levels? I highly doubt it. Of course we can attempt to bag/nerf WW Hulk's powers by forgetting/glazing over his feats.

Teth fought a group of heroes that fought as dumb as a bag of sh1t, and weren't out to kill him. The Sentry on the other hand dealt with Terrax the way an adult would deal with an infant. I don't see Teth on that level. Teth is basically a magical construct his endurance and stamina will last long enough for him to ko or kill Hulk granted it will be difficult.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Says Black Adam fought a group of people who fought like dumbasses Says WWH is legit beast Which characters fought the Hulk like a dumbass ?

iceman24567
Says Black Adam fought a group of people who fought like dumbasses Says WWH is legit beast You already know Teth taking on multiple heroes multiple times will be downplayed

quanchi112
You already know Teth taking on multiple heroes multiple times will be downplayed They were holding back and he was taking massive damage. Hulks hf is top notch.

iceman24567
^Seriously stopped i wont be looking at your posts get over it no expression

quanchi112
^Seriously stopped i wont be looking at your posts get over it no expression Ypu can't counter that he has an impressive hf and the fact he will fight to the Hulks strengths.

Stoic
You guessed right that doesnt stop him from trolling even the ignore fuction doesnt matter to him oh well.
Teth is basically a magical construct his endurance and stamina will last long enough for him to ko or kill Hulk granted it will be difficult.

Teth's blows would be like the Forgotten ones then, only stronger? The question is how much stronger? The Hulk if you remember grows more durable as he battles, even against those who use low level magical physical assaults upon him. Low in comparison to Zeus who can actually drain others with his physical assaults as seen when the Hulk could not properly heal himself during his beatings by the Sky Father. However his children and cousins (Titans) were unable to affect him.

Teth would have to put him away with one hit, because if he didn't, this version of the Hulk would ramp up incredibly fast. For example, at the end of WW Hulk we saw how fast he was able to grow in power, which was instantaneously. Teth would be broken imo, and fast.

iceman24567
^Trolling and spamming continuously while people actually want to debate the subject man you are terrible.

quanchi112
^Trolling and spamming continuously while people actually want to debate the subject man you are terrible. Leave stoic alone. It's me you want. Can you counter my points ?

iceman24567
Teth's blows would be like the Forgotten ones then, only stronger? The question is how much stronger? The Hulk if you remember grows more durable as he battles, even against those who use low level magical physical assaults upon him. Low in comparison to Zeus who can actually drain others with his physical assaults as seen when the Hulk could not properly heal himself during his beatings by the Sky Father. However his children and cousins (Titans) were unable to affect him.

Teth would have to put him away with one hit, because if he didn't, this version of the Hulk would ramp up incredibly fast. For example, at the end of WW Hulk we saw how fast he was able to grow in power, which was instantaneously. Teth would be broken imo, and fast. I dont believe he needs to ko him with one hit i agree ending the fight quickly is the best option but he has the durability to last even if Hulk amps up depending on the level of course.

Stoic
I dont believe he needs to ko him with one hit i agree ending the fight quickly is the best option but he has the durability to last even if Hulk amps up depending on the level of course.

WW Hulk hit harder than any of the heroes that allowed Teth to walk all over them. One footfall while holding back nearly sank the Eastern seaboard. Teth was also battered and bleeding by inferior power than what WW Hulk at his best could dish, and although the Moderators of this forum have decided that WW Hulk and WB Hulk are two different characters, which is untrue WW Hulk could have still destroyed the planet. Teth did not show that type of power. While the heroes fought him like they just got their powers.

The same Sentry that treated Terrax like an infant, tore Ares apart, lost to WW Hulk who was actually holding back the entire fight according to on panel evidence, which was later written in HOTM.

Odekahn
Teth = herald
WWH = trans

BA is outmatched here.

quanchi112
I dont believe he needs to ko him with one hit i agree ending the fight quickly is the best option but he has the durability to last even if Hulk amps up depending on the level of course. We see what heat vision does to his face. He can't trade blows with an intelligent amping Hulk for long.

iceman24567
WW Hulk hit harder than any of the heroes that allowed Teth to walk all over them. One footfall while holding back nearly sank the Eastern seaboard. Teth was also battered and bleeding by inferior power than what WW Hulk at his best could dish, and although the Moderators of this forum have decided that WW Hulk and WB Hulk are two different characters, which is untrue WW Hulk could have still destroyed the planet. Teth did not show that type of power. While the heroes fought him like they just got their powers.

The same Sentry that treated Terrax like an infant, tore Ares apart, lost to WW Hulk who was actually holding back the entire fight according to on panel evidence, which was later written in HOTM. WWh was dropped by a holding back Herc so Teths punches will affect Hulk. Per the mod ruling we are using WWh so he isnt going WBH here it would be unfair to Teth he isn't Superman.

Naija boy
WWH. Teth will likely fight like a brick and thus lose.

quanchi112
WWh was dropped by a holding back Herc so Teths punches will affect Hulk. Per the mod ruling we are using WWh so he isnt going WBH here it would be unfair to Teth he isn't Superman. Teth is greater than Superman as he has no weaknesses and is more ruthless. Hulk wins as bricks tend to lose when they fight the Hulks fight.

Stoic
WWh was dropped by a holding back Herc so Teths punches will affect Hulk. Per the mod ruling we are using WWh so he isnt going WBH here it would be unfair to Teth he isn't Superman.

Do you recall what was later said about the Hulk when compared to Hercules in terms of strength? Hey Rage, what was written again? My point is that WW Hulk is much greater than the caliber that Teth brings to the table. Even if you wanted to ignore what was written on panel, the truth of the matter is that WW Hulk would have destroyed the planet if he didn't hold back, so evidently he was still a/the World Breaker, which was spoken of during Planet Hulk.

During the Planet Hulk saga, the Hulk who happened to be WW Hulk, the Green Skar was able to stop Sakaar from exploding, which in my opinion was greater than what Teth endured during his lopsided fight with all of those seemingly neophyte heroes during WWiii.

The Sentry can easily be said to be greater than Teth in power, durability, and strength. After all Ares is no pushover, as he dealt massive damage on Hercules during their battle. Yet, the Sentry tore him in two with ease, and snapped a nearly indestructible cosmic weapon in half like a twig, and smiled as he crushed Terrax's hand, like you or I would crumple tin foil. Again WW Hulk was holding back against him, which was later sited during the HOTM story line. Teth would not be able to stand up to that kind of power with no innocent there to be threatened, which is in the OP of this very thread. These guys are just on two different levels.

JakeTheBank
Sentry who ripped Ares in half =/= WWH Sentry

-----

I'd personally give the edge to Hulk, especially if he knows the battlefield is unpopulated.

psycho gundam
don't say that. you have to realize the crisis separated that hulk from "wwh" and that unpopulated areas don't give him the right to stop holding back even though he said that's all it was.

Stoic
Originally posted by psycho gundam
don't say that. you have to realize the crisis separated that hulk from "wwh" and that unpopulated areas don't give him the right to stop holding back even though he said that's all it was.

I saw what you did there.

Damborgson
WWH

JakeTheBank

thumb up

Admittedly, I was (and still am, somewhat) a critic of Hulk, but really, after re-reading Pak's stuff, while it still strikes me as over the top and ridiculous, (mostly towards the end of his run as I really liked Planet Hulk) the obvious displays of Hulk's power and how he stacked up with the rest of Marvel Earth were made abundantly clear. You may not like Pak's insanity or even respect the fact that he went nuts with feats, but you have to at least respect Hulk's power level.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Admittedly, I was (and still am, somewhat) a critic of Hulk, but really, after re-reading Pak's stuff, while it still strikes me as over the top and ridiculous, (mostly towards the end of his run as I really liked Planet Hulk) the obvious displays of Hulk's power and how he stacked up with the rest of Marvel Earth were made abundantly clear. You may not like Pak's insanity or even respect the fact that he went nuts with feats, but you have to at least respect Hulk's power level.

Amen brother.

iscaremonkeys
adam. i hate WWH almost as much as i hate captain america. Also adam speed plays a key factor

psycho gundam
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
adam. i hate WWH almost as much as i hate captain america. Also adam speed plays a key factor notice how speed is secondary to hulk hate. kinda ruined how credible your assessment is

don't change, kmc

iscaremonkeys
oh please. Adam has superman type speed. how is WWH going to hit something that fast?

JakeTheBank
oh please. Adam has superman type speed. how is WWH going to hit something that fast?

Massive omni-directional pulses of gamma energy, a t-clap, Hulk just straight up punching him, etc.

Teth's speed is an advantage, sure, but he's not going to be rendered untouchable by Hulk and there's not a whole lot of actual comics that suggest he would be. His scuffle with Jay is probably his best combat speed feat.

psycho gundam
oh please. Adam has superman type speed. how is WWH going to hit something that fast? cunning

Badabing
Adam has a weakness to getting punched in the face.

Hulk is an expert at punching in the face.

Hulk wins. durhulk

psycho gundam
just when you think the thread is safe....

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/jkjjk_zps9f42e401.gif

Badabing
just when you think the thread is safe....

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/jkjjk_zps9f42e401.gif laughing out loud

quanchi112
thumb up

Admittedly, I was (and still am, somewhat) a critic of Hulk, but really, after re-reading Pak's stuff, while it still strikes me as over the top and ridiculous, (mostly towards the end of his run as I really liked Planet Hulk) the obvious displays of Hulk's power and how he stacked up with the rest of Marvel Earth were made abundantly clear. You may not like Pak's insanity or even respect the fact that he went nuts with feats, but you have to at least respect Hulk's power level. Hulks level is up there but it isn't up there with the Sentrys best.

iscaremonkeys
Massive omni-directional pulses of gamma energy, a t-clap, Hulk just straight up punching him, etc.

Teth's speed is an advantage, sure, but he's not going to be rendered untouchable by Hulk and there's not a whole lot of actual comics that suggest he would be. His scuffle with Jay is probably his best combat speed feat. how badly would WWH be hurt if the SHAZAM lightning hits him?

JakeTheBank
how badly would WWH be hurt if the SHAZAM lightning hits him?

Well, Hulk was healing from Zom-Strange amped punches that literally made holes in him, so...

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is a bad matchup for Black Adam. His tendency to fly in and brutally punch everything apart while relying on his albeit impressive damage soak to keep standing usually works well for him but not against Green Scar.

Trying to fight like he usually does will result in Hulk just breaking him. He needs to rely on battle field removal or something.

iscaremonkeys
Well, Hulk was healing from Zom-Strange amped punches that literally made holes in him, so... god damn!

tkitna
Originally posted by quanchi112
Which characters fought the Hulk like a dumbass ?

The Sentry

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
The Sentry

No he didn't.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is a bad matchup for Black Adam. His tendency to fly in and brutally punch everything apart while relying on his albeit impressive damage soak to keep standing usually works well for him but not against Green Scar.

Trying to fight like he usually does will result in Hulk just breaking him. He needs to rely on battle field removal or something.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Odekahn
BFR is out of character for Black Adam isn't it?

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
No he didn't.

Sure he did. We've been over this a million times, but a guy who sits there and lets the other person punch him in the face numerous times while laughing and egging him on for more, isnt really fighting intelligently.

Branlor Swift
Everyone remembers how Galactus tore apart the Celestial right?

Well, imagine that happening to Hulk here. I bet he wouldn't be getting up from that for a while if ever.

quanchi112
The Sentry I don't think he did. He burned him out.

carver9
Sure he did. We've been over this a million times, but a guy who sits there and lets the other person punch him in the face numerous times while laughing and egging him on for more, isnt really fighting intelligently.

I guess Hulk fought stupid as well since he allowed Sentry to ram him through buildings and punch him as well. Makes sense.

psycho gundam
god damn! http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/ciglol.gif

tkitna
I guess Hulk fought stupid as well since he allowed Sentry to ram him through buildings and punch him as well. Makes sense.

Seeing as the Sentry is much faster then the Hulk, then yes, that actually does make some sense. Hey, if they stood there and punched each other until the Hulk won, then I could understand that, but the Sentry fought like an idiot. All he did was bitchslap the Hulk enough so that the Hulk would continue fighting so Sentry could continue to release his energy and have his orgasm. I know what Pak was going for, but the execution was horrible.

quanchi112
I disagree. Even limiting himself due to Sentry's mindset he still burned the Hulk out fighting his fight. That's how insanely powerful the Sentry is according to Hulks biggest supporter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Quan, Sentry with a Dead Seed amp vs. Thor is coming up next month. Should be interesting.

quanchi112
Quan, Sentry with a Dead Seed amp vs. Thor is coming up next month. Should be interesting. What now ? Been missing a lot of comics lately but is he technically still dead. What book ?

psycho gundam
Seeing as the Sentry is much faster then the Hulk, then yes, that actually does make some sense. Hey, if they stood there and punched each other until the Hulk won, then I could understand that, but the Sentry fought like an idiot. All he did was bitchslap the Hulk enough so that the Hulk would continue fighting so Sentry could continue to release his energy and have his orgasm. I know what Pak was going for, but the execution was horrible. how many super-fast fights does sentry possess again?

flash is the only one that needs speed to equal power, everyone else uses pure brawn to hit hard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What now ? Been missing a lot of comics lately but is he technically still dead. What book ?

Uncanny Avengers. It's a pretty good series, I recommend it.

Sentry was brought back with a Life Seed by the Apocalyse Twins. A Life Seed is used by a Celestial Gardener to implant a world with life so it's legit.

They're using Thor's axe to kill Celestials like freaking cannon fodder. Asgardian magic > Celestials.

JakeTheBank
And I'm pretty sure Remender wasn't bullshitting me when I asked him if this was going to be a great fight. From the vibes he was giving, he made it seem like Sentry was going to kick Thor's ass the first time around but it was going to be a phenomenal throw down.

Branlor Swift
I don't expect Thor to beat a double serum, life seed amped Sentry at all.

But if he does... lmao.

quanchi112
Uncanny Avengers. It's a pretty good series, I recommend it.

Sentry was brought back with a Life Seed by the Apocalyse Twins. A Life Seed is used by a Celestial Gardener to implant a world with life so it's legit.

They're using Thor's axe to kill Celestials like freaking cannon fodder. Asgardian magic > Celestials. I still don't see that as legit Sentry as he is brought back by other means when he himself can do so. To me it sounds like it is different but I'd have to read it to say for sure. Writers don't care about power levels. It changes anymore story to story that is why I find it funny to hear people get upset over this like the writers actually have to listen to the fanboys.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

But if he does... lmao.

This is the year of Worldbreaker Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus

But if he does... lmao.

Yeah man. I don't know how Thor's going to handle that shit.

He was brought back by the Life Seed then implanted with the Death Seed. He should be like, spanking Thanos at this point.

I still don't see that as legit Sentry as he is brought back by other means when he himself can do so. To me it sounds like it is different but I'd have to read it to say for sure. Writers don't care about power levels. It changes anymore story to story that is why I find it funny to hear people get upset over this like the writers actually have to listen to the fanboys.

I'm confused, why isn't it legit Sentry lol? The writer specifically chose to bring back Sentry because Thor killing him is a cause for friction, he has a connection to death, and he has a history with the Avengers.

quanchi112

He was brought back by the Life Seed then implanted with the Death Seed. He should be like, spanking Thanos at this point.

I'm confused, why isn't it legit Sentry lol? The writer specifically chose to bring back Sentry because Thor killing him is a cause for friction, he has a connection to death, and he has a history with the Avengers. I would have to read it to be sure but it sounds like arguing the black lanterns as a legit showing for regular Martian Manhunter.

I would also like to point out the Void is the competent side anyway of the character. We've seen what the Void can do to Thor and Asgard as well by now.

Different level altogether.

Branlor Swift

He was brought back by the Life Seed then implanted with the Death Seed. He should be like, spanking Thanos at this point. Meh

Anyway, didn't AOA Jeanix say the Death Seed gave her a greater amp than the Penis Force?

I forget what the Life Seed does, but it sounds like a dumb amp too. Plus, Sentry took another dose of what gave him his powers in the first place before Siege...

Thor legit shouldn't last a panel. But it will be funny when he gives him a fight. Even funnier if he does indeed win sometime down the road.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would have to read it to be sure but it sounds like arguing the black lanterns as a legit showing for regular Martian Manhunter.

They get resurrected in Uncanny Avengers #9.

Sure, if Martian Manhunter had like a huge power-up from the ring.

quanchi112
They get resurrected in Uncanny Avengers #9.

Sure, if Martian Manhunter had like a huge power-up from the ring. If it changes the mindset in any way it isn't really the same as the character.

I'd have to at least peruse it. No shame in being less than the Sentry. He's the most powerful hero out there.

Branlor Swift
Sentry doesn't even have a mindset.

He can literally be written in any way and be in character.

quanchi112

He can literally be written in any way and be in character. Yes, he does, he's weighed down by guilt often and the fear of cutting loose. Very heroic and at odds with the dark side of himself, the Void. Very interesting character IMO. I also like that most of you people despise him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If it changes the mindset in any way it isn't really the same as the character.

I'd have to at least peruse it. No shame in being less than the Sentry. He's the most powerful hero out there.

Because Sentry is written so consistently? He could be a flower smelling tiara wearing tranny and it wouldn't be out of character. But I don't think there will be any particular change, other then he works for the Apocalypse Twins and mutant kind. He's probably going to be confident and sure of himself as well.

If you say so. This is going to be the most powerful Sentry seen so it will be interesting.

JakeTheBank

He can literally be written in any way and be in character.

thumb up

He could be an angry child molester necrophiliac and it would be IC for him.

quanchi112
Because Sentry is written so consistently? He could be a flower smelling tiara wearing tranny and it wouldn't be out of character. But I don't think there will be any particular change, other then he works for the Apocalypse Twins and the mutant kind. He's probably going to be confident and sure of himself as well.

If you say so. This is going to be the most powerful Sentry seen so it will be interesting. Why will it be the most powerful Sentry thus far ?

Sentry has certain characteristics thus far. I see no reason to pretend he does not.

Branlor Swift
Yes, he does, he's weighed down by guilt often and the fear of cutting loose. Very heroic and at odds with the dark side of himself, the Void. Very interesting character IMO. I also like that most of you people despise him. Sentry's mindset is being a crybaby pansy then?

Surely a coldblooded killer mentality will make him vastly less powerful

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why will it be the most powerful Sentry thus far ?

Sentry has certain characteristics thus far. I see no reason to pretend he does not.

Because Sentry was turned into a Death Horseman by the Death Seed. Also brought back by the Life Seed which won't hurt, it's what Celestials use to bring life to worlds.

His characteristic is that he's insane. And using that as an excuse, writers have butchered his character. The only reoccurring them is that he cries a lot, how do you think being confident will make it not Sentry?

quanchi112
Sentry's mindset is being a crybaby pansy then?

Surely a coldblooded killer mentality will make him vastly less powerful At times he has been this way. At times he hasn't. He's crazy and weighed down by guilt of his actions as the Void.

It all depends on the writer. Pak at the time acted like he was the most powerful we ever saw. That doesn't mean his views on the Sentrys power match exceeds other writers views.

quanchi112
Because Sentry was turned into a Death Horseman by the Death Seed. Also brought back by the Life Seed which won't hurt, it's what Celestials use to bring life to worlds.

His characteristic is that he's insane. And using that as an excuse, writers have butchered his character. The only reoccurring them is that he cries a lot, how do you think being confident will make it not Sentry? All depends on the writer. I doubt this showing will even exceed the Void's first appearance.

Rage.Of.Olympus
All depends on the writer. I doubt this showing will even exceed the Void's first appearance.

Then why did you say a change in mindset will mean it's not a legit Sentry when the only consistent thing about him is that writers write him inconsistently? Lol.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see, but last time we saw Sentry, he was full on Void mode.

Branlor Swift
Basically, if the writer writes him you know, confident, it means he's not the real Sentry's power level because he's not crying and slitting his wrists.

Despite the numerous amps.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Basically, if the writer writes him you know, confident, it means he's not the real Sentry's power level because he's not crying and slitting his wrists.

Despite the numerous amps.

Seems about right.

tkitna
how many super-fast fights does sentry possess again?

flash is the only one that needs speed to equal power, everyone else uses pure brawn to hit hard.

So your basically saying that the Sentry fights like an idiot all the time? http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgscratchchin.gif Hmmm, that kind of supports what I was saying to begin with.

tkitna
I disagree. Even limiting himself due to Sentry's mindset he still burned the Hulk out fighting his fight. That's how insanely powerful the Sentry is according to Hulks biggest supporter.

You disagree about what? You seriously think the Sentry fought to the best of his capabilities against WWH? If your statement wasnt directed towards me Quan, I apologize.

quanchi112
Then why did you say a change in mindset will mean it's not a legit Sentry when the only consistent thing about him is that writers write him inconsistently? Lol.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see, but last time we saw Sentry, he was full on Void mode. If the amp changes his mindset away from the character like the black lantern Rezz. That's entirely different.

quanchi112

Despite the numerous amps. Not what I said at all.

quanchi112
You disagree about what? You seriously think the Sentry fought to the best of his capabilities against WWH? If your statement wasnt directed towards me Quan, I apologize. I didn't say he fought to the best of his abilities but he was effective. He burned the Hulk out.

Branlor Swift
Not what I said at all. Quan, let's be honest here.

Your point licks the undersides of three ballsacks when it's in regards to Sentry

Plus he's amped severely so you have negative 10 points to begin with.

quanchi112
Quan, let's be honest here.

Your point licks the undersides of three ballsacks when it's in regards to Sentry

Plus he's amped severely so you have negative 10 points to begin with. All depends on what his mindset is. A writer can also have an amped version be less powerful than another writers regular all out version. That's my point.

tkitna
I didn't say he fought to the best of his abilities but he was effective. He burned the Hulk out.

Ok, gotcha.

psycho gundam
He burned the Hulk out. nope

carver9
Seeing as the Sentry is much faster then the Hulk, then yes, that actually does make some sense. Hey, if they stood there and punched each other until the Hulk won, then I could understand that, but the Sentry fought like an idiot. All he did was bitchslap the Hulk enough so that the Hulk would continue fighting so Sentry could continue to release his energy and have his orgasm. I know what Pak was going for, but the execution was horrible.

I'm literally smiling right now. I am about to own you as bad as I owned Jake and Bran.

Sentry literally rams Hulk through 3 buildings.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh009.jpg.html

Hulks getting up, hearing Sentry speech about "not holding back" and allows Sentry to punch him again.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh010.jpg.html

Hulk is pretty much pissed because Sentry isn't listening to him.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh011.jpg.html

Also, lets not pretend like Hulk couldn't have stopped a blitz from Sentry because he did so here.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh012.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh013.jpg.html

Also, lol at Senty allowing Hulk to hit him...Hulk just kept the punches coming after stopping Sentry blitz.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh014.jpg.html

Also, lol again...Sentry was pimp slapping Hulk...Sentry actually used that noggin of his. Remember, during the beginning of the fight, Sentry was "punching" Hulk through building which did nothing but piss Hulk off. That's when Sentry resorted to energy attacks.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh015.jpg

Not only did he use energy attacks from his hands, he covered the entire field in his 100 million exploding sun energy..and it was mainly directed at Hulk.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh016.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh017.jpg.html

No one else is getting hit by this energy, Sentry aim was at Hulk...Hulk friends is even swiping the energy away from Hulk. So again, lets lol together at this being a punch fest.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh018.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh019.jpg.html

Now this is where it gets interesting. Do you remember when I said "lol at Sentry slapping Hulk", well, I said that for a reason. Sentry didn't slap Hulk, since again, Sentry during the beginning realized punching did jack to Hulk. All of his swings was energy attacks. He was blasting the Hulk.

One blast.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh020.jpg.html

Two blast, three blast, four blast, five blast until Hulk stops him.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh021.jpg

Hell, he even tried to stop Hulk punch with an energy blast (Hulk fist powered through it).

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh0225.jpg.html

Grabs Hulk face and blast some more and this doesn't even include the fact that Hulk was still being attacked by that tornado full of energy.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh023.jpg.html

Sentry threw one punch that entire time and that was during the end (and lets not forget in the beginning).

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh024.jpg.html

So I honestly don't understand or see where Sentry fought like an idiot, if anything, he fought smart and used his resources. Hulk was just too much buddy.

tkitna
Nothing good is going to come out of the Thor and Sentry fight. Its a no win situation for Bob. Its not like he's going to win in the end. I cant even view this as the real Sentry anyways.

carver9
Also, its debatable if Hulk was out of energy during the end. Banner did this for a reason.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh026.jpg.html

ANNNNNND, he was still standing while Sentry collapse. Pak wrote the glowy eyes for a reason, and this is the reason.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/wwh028.jpg.html

Banner could have reverted back to Hulk at any time.

JakeTheBank
I'm literally smiling right now. I am about to own you as bad as I owned Jake and Bran.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/jim-slaps-dwight-o.gif

Branlor Swift
I'm literally smiling right now. I am about to own you as bad as I owned Jake and Bran. Never happened, and those are from my photobucket carvchi

quanchi112
nope He clearly did.

quanchi112
Never happened, and those are from my photobucket carvchi You are very clever, branhilegend.

Branlor Swift
You are very clever, branhilegend. Reported

carver9
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/jim-slaps-dwight-o.gif

laughing out loud

carver9
Never happened, and those are from my photobucket carvchi

I know. I got them saved. smile

tkitna

So I honestly don't understand or see where Sentry fought like an idiot, if anything, he fought smart and used his resources. Hulk was just too much buddy.

First of all, i've never known you to own anybody on this forum and its not going to happen here either. Second of all, your scans are the size of a quarter so there isnt going to be any pointing out this or that. I've read the story numerous times anyway.

The bottom line is that the Sentry used the Hulk as a tool to vent his built up energy upon. The Sentry miscalculated as we all know, because he thought it was going to kill the Hulk. Heck, he thought it might even destroy the world. How can you or anybody defend a stance that somebody was fighting to the best of their abilities when they stand there and let the other person punch them in the face? We all know that a no phucking around Sentry probably wouldnt even get hit by the Hulk if he were fighting at even a decent percentage. Hell, he fought Wolverine, who is a far superior fighter then the Hulk, and Wolverine couldnt even hit him. Not once. He flew half way across the world and defused an issue and back before Lindy could use the bathroom. He caught a bullet from about 10 feet away when it was fired point blank at the side of somebody's head. All these examples and i'm supposed to believe that he couldnt hit and run against the Hulk? Can you not see the reasoning here?

Anyways, the bottom line is that if he really was fighting at the best of his ability, where was the Void? That point right there should put this little debate to rest for good anyways.

quanchi112
Reported You are living up to your name, branhilegend.

Branlor Swift
You are living up to your name, branhilegend. You went way too far, you realize that don't you?

I was being cute and fun with carver. You decided to stab a hard dried up stool straight through my heart.

I hope you burn in hell you poor excuse for a monster

carver9
First of all, i've never known you to own anybody on this forum and its not going to happen here either. Second of all, your scans are the size of a quarter so there isnt going to be any pointing out this or that. I've read the story numerous times anyway.

The bottom line is that the Sentry used the Hulk as a tool to vent his built up energy upon. The Sentry miscalculated as we all know, because he thought it was going to kill the Hulk. Heck, he thought it might even destroy the world. How can you or anybody defend a stance that somebody was fighting to the best of their abilities when they stand there and let the other person punch them in the face? We all know that a no phucking around Sentry probably wouldnt even get hit by the Hulk if he were fighting at even a decent percentage. Hell, he fought Wolverine, who is a far superior fighter then the Hulk, and Wolverine couldnt even hit him. Not once. He flew half way across the world and defused an issue and back before Lindy could use the bathroom. He caught a bullet from about 10 feet away when it was fired point blank at the side of somebody's head. All these examples and i'm supposed to believe that he couldnt hit and run against the Hulk? Can you not see the reasoning here?

Anyways, the bottom line is that if he really was fighting at the best of his ability, where was the Void? That point right there should put this little debate to rest for good anyways.

LOL... so that's your argument? Speed? When has Sentry ever been unhittable? Also, lol at you using Void. Where was WBH? Its clear both wasn't using their full power but its also clear that both wanted to take the other out. Sentry tried his best, even admitted that he wasn't holding back against the Hulk and it got him nowhere...Hulk was still too much for him and was the last man standing AND even kicked it up to another level after the Sentry fight.

By the way, Wolverine was weakened when he faced Sentry. Not a good argument bro. By the way, stop looking at the scans through your phone.

quanchi112
You went way too far, you realize that don't you?

I was being cute and fun with carver. You decided to stab a hard dried up stool straight through my heart.

I hope you burn in hell you poor excuse for a monster Listen whenever I go too far its Delph logging into my account. I try to keep him off my iPad but he logs in while I'm asleep. He will be dealt with.

psycho gundam
He clearly did. clearly

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/wwh035.jpg

"Adj. 1. burnt-out - exhausted as a result of longtime stress; "she was burned-out before she was 30"
burned-out
tired - depleted of strength or energy; "tired mothers with crying babies"; "too tired to eat"
2. burnt-out - inoperative as a result of heat or friction; "a burned-out picture tube"
burned-out
unserviceable - not ready for service; "unserviceable equipment may be replaced"

AND he was holding back

quanchi112
clearly

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/wwh035.jpg

"Adj. 1. burnt-out - exhausted as a result of longtime stress; "she was burned-out before she was 30"
burned-out
tired - depleted of strength or energy; "tired mothers with crying babies"; "too tired to eat"
2. burnt-out - inoperative as a result of heat or friction; "a burned-out picture tube"
burned-out
unserviceable - not ready for service; "unserviceable equipment may be replaced"

AND he was holding back He was burned out and then had an event whixh triggered an emotional response aka rage. Sentry burned him out and then he realized the truth and got mad.

tkitna
LOL... so that's your argument? Speed? When has Sentry ever been unhittable?

I'm not saying he is unhittable. My point was that he's fast enough that he shouldnt be letting people punch him in the face while he stands there talking. Definitely not somebody who was fighting at their best.

But, but, but you just said it was clear that he wasnt using his full power. Whats it going to be?

Not surprising after the way the Sentry went about it.

A weakened Wolverine has still hit the Hulk before. No big deal. Was just an example.

Looking at the scans through my PC here at work. For some reason, I cant enlarge photobucket images. No options.

psycho gundam
He was burned out and then had an event whixh triggered an emotional response aka rage. Sentry burned him out and then he realized the truth and got mad. so in essence you're saying sentry just mad him the opposite of mad, cause getting mad again made him not only just as powerful as he was but he even transcended it?

pick your words carefully

quanchi112
so in essence you're saying sentry just mad him the opposite of mad, cause getting mad again made him not only just as powerful as he was but he even transcended it?

pick your words carefully Sentry burned out his powers in his rage fight against him. Once the betrayal had been made apparent he raged out and his powers returned.

psycho gundam
one of these guys are

burned-out
burned-out

but which one? hmmm.....

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk/yiy_zps6b2370d4.jpg

quanchi112
one of these guys are

burned-out
burned-out

but which one? hmmm.....

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk/yiy_zps6b2370d4.jpg Sentry was weakened by his mindset and Hulk was burned out at the time. He needed an outside event to react to.

psycho gundam
the abyss is looking back into me at this point.....

quanchi112
the abyss is looking back into me at this point..... You are ignoring the context of the entire issue to sell your flimsy case. Nope.

Zack Fair
*Enters thread. Sees Marvelites arguing with each other*

http://evilspeculator.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

tkitna
*Enters thread. Sees Marvelites arguing with each other*

http://evilspeculator.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

laughing

psycho gundam
that's the last thing i'd think you'd say to me lol.

you're ignoring the history of their powers and their relationship, the build up of the event, the next pages in that same comic, and the history beyond that comic where hulk was exploding with power again.

quanchi112
I don't get it. They call me Mr. Objectivity for a reason.

psycho gundam
concession accepted

ps: when that quote is inevitably used in quote mining attacks against you, i will have a tinge of joy knowing it sprang from your defeat at my hands.

carver9
I'm not saying he is unhittable. My point was that he's fast enough that he shouldnt be letting people punch him in the face while he stands there talking. Definitely not somebody who was fighting at their best.

But, but, but you just said it was clear that he wasnt using his full power. Whats it going to be?

Not surprising after the way the Sentry went about it.

A weakened Wolverine has still hit the Hulk before. No big deal. Was just an example.

Looking at the scans through my PC here at work. For some reason, I cant enlarge photobucket images. No options.

He didn't let anyone punch him in the face. It was a combo bro.

Sentry during that fight was the "only" one that said anything about "going all out".

Sentry went about it the right way. He knew punching Hulk wouldn't have done a thing, so he resorted to blasting him and it still failed. He even circled the guy in energy. He tried blitzing but got busted open. Whats missing?

When did Hulk fight a weakened Wolverine?

quanchi112
that's the last thing i'd think you'd say to me lol.

you're ignoring the history of their powers and their relationship, the build up of the event, the next pages in that same comic, and the history beyond that comic where hulk was exploding with power again. No, I'm not. Hulk needs anger to increase his powers. The rage he had for this fight along with his powers burned out.

In the next pages a big reveal riled him up. This proves my case. Even in WW Hulk he was burned out by the Sentry who fought the Hulk's fight.

tkitna
He didn't let anyone punch him in the face. It was a combo bro.

So the Sentry was powerless here when he was asking for more? Ok bro.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/892/aawwh05015.jpg

But yet he wasnt was he? As history has shown, when Bob gets pushed to the brink, the eyes start to glow and all hell breaks loose. For some reason that didnt happen here. I wonder why that is? I'll also except your concession that he wasnt using all of his capabilities too.. At least we both agree on that.

If he knew punching the Hulk wasnt having any effect and he resorted to nothing more then blasting him with energy, why didnt he do that from a distance? Why not use it as a range attack? Well, because he fought like an idiot. Hence my point all along. Are we done here now?

Wolverine has always been at his best throughout a fight with the Hulk? Really?

Zack Fair
That Hulk vs Sentry fight is funny as ****.

Seriously. Sentry is a fkn psychopath and masochist.

tkitna
That Hulk vs Sentry fight is funny as ****.

I agree with you.

iceman24567
WWH vs Sentry was a cluster****

DTM
To me this is a Very Close match up. Ill go with WWHulk only slightly more than not (51/49).

carver9
So the Sentry was powerless here when he was asking for more? Ok bro.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/892/aawwh05015.jpg

But yet he wasnt was he? As history has shown, when Bob gets pushed to the brink, the eyes start to glow and all hell breaks loose. For some reason that didnt happen here. I wonder why that is? I'll also except your concession that he wasnt using all of his capabilities too.. At least we both agree on that.

If he knew punching the Hulk wasnt having any effect and he resorted to nothing more then blasting him with energy, why didnt he do that from a distance? Why not use it as a range attack? Well, because he fought like an idiot. Hence my point all along. Are we done here now?

Wolverine has always been at his best throughout a fight with the Hulk? Really?

Sentry couldn't do anything about Hulk connecting with his punch. Hulk caught Sentry during mid blitz and continued attacking.

What abilities didn't Sentry use? His Void persona doesn't count. I also don't get what you are trying to apply. Sentry outright stated he does not need to hold back against Hulk. Him not Voiding out does not change this.

He did attack Hulk from a distance with energy blast but Hulk grabbed on to the Energy Sentry was producing and used it to aid him maneuvering in the air. Do you honestly believe fighting Hulk from a distance would have changed anything? Especially when we have a Sentry pouring every ounce of energy he had onto the Hulk and it still did not give Hulk pause. He fought the only way he knew possible of winning and that was in a fashion of blasting the hell out of Hulk. Sentry loss bro...I know it hurts but WWH proved his superiority.

tkitna
Sentry couldn't do anything about Hulk connecting with his punch. Hulk caught Sentry during mid blitz and continued attacking.

OMG Carver. Sentry stood there and was asking for more. Its right there in the scan. He said 'GOOD' (punch) 'JUST' (punch) 'ONCE' (punch) 'MORE' (punch). He wasnt trying to defend himself. You would think a character with the Sentry's powerset would have time to move if he had time to talk.

Why doesnt his Void persona count? If the character was in fact unleashing everything and not holding back like you claim, then it would only be consistent with the character if he did revert to the Void persona. Again, poorly written just for the sake of stroking the Hulk. Everybody realizes that except for you apparently.

As bad as the Sentry fight was, the Zom Strange issue was craptacular.

He was holding onto the energy? Lol. Ok. Bob channeled the energy into a vortex and the Hulk rode it up. When Bob saw him, he welcomed him and had to have suspended him there with telepathy. How in the hell does somebody grasp onto energy? Somebody at some point stated that the Hulk was holding onto Bob's arm while in the air (in which he does have a hold of Bob's arm in the panel), but that came a few panels afterwards.

Lol. I'm pretty confident that Bob wouldnt have been pounded on like he was. I mean, i'm not Mr. Obvious, but how else would you perceive it? Sorry, but you just baffled me with that one.

Sorry bro, he didnt fight to win. He just thought he probably would.

armedforbattle
I started this earlier just came to check in on it.

My reaction:
http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/attachments/412649/

tkitna
laughing

carver9
http://m118.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/bigbran1/wwh019.jpg.html

Lol...its right there in the scan...Hulk is literally grabbing Sentry energy and used it to carry himself up to Sentry. It's as clear as day. The rest of your post, j will respond to it later...its late where I am at.

tkitna
http://m118.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/bigbran1/wwh019.jpg.html

Lol...its right there in the scan...Hulk is literally grabbing Sentry energy and used it to carry himself up to Sentry. It's as clear as day. The rest of your post, j will respond to it later...its late where I am at.

Good lord. It does appear he rose straight up by grabbing two rods of energy although the energy was going around in circles like a tornado. The next panel has no explanation. It seems the Sentry has all but forgotten about the Hulk at that point and then Bruce appears as if he can fly. The natural direction of the energy must not apply to the Hulk.

Great writing right there. laughing

Here's the next panel if anybody wants to see this train wreck of a story.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7157/aawwh05021.jpg

Stoic
If everyone combined their points into one story it would be correct.

Quan has a point when he says that the Hulk was burned out of rage or a reason to continue the combat, but comes up short when or if he claims that the Hulk was out of power. We clearly see that he was not once he nearly destroys the Earth a few panels later. Sentry was the only one that was fully spent at the end of that battle.

The Hulk also shows that he was plenty fast when he tagged the Sentry at the beginning of their conflict when Sentry tried to blitz him, and flew face first into his fist. Seems to me that the Hulk exhibited super speed, or super reaction speeds, which shows that he indeed can hit speedsters of Teth's caliber.

So what do we have here?

1. WW Hulk is stronger than Teth at his highest power display during WW Hulk.

2. WW Hulk will heal through anything that Teth can throw at him.

3. WW Hulk is able to amp far above Teth in an instant as shown in that story when he simply takes a step.

4. WW Hulk was clearly able to tag a super strong speedster of Teth's caliber, and turn it into a brawl, and win.

5. WW Hulk was holding back the entire time so that he would not destroy the planet. Now what would happen if he were able to fully let go due to no innocent lives being at stake? How would Teth do against this type of power? We all know how Teth fights. We all know that he would fight the Hulk's fight by getting up in his face.

Teth would lose every time in character. This means how he would fight the Hulk, not how we would fight the Hulk.

carver9
Good lord. It does appear he rose straight up by grabbing two rods of energy although the energy was going around in circles like a tornado. The next panel has no explanation. It seems the Sentry has all but forgotten about the Hulk at that point and then Bruce appears as if he can fly. The natural direction of the energy must not apply to the Hulk.

Great writing right there. laughing

Here's the next panel if anybody wants to see this train wreck of a story.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7157/aawwh05021.jpg

Don't get what the problem is. Hulk has always been able to grab energy.

JakeTheBank
Carver's right (surprise!).

Hulk grabbing energy isn't anything new.

Golgo13
I'm with bran. Adam rips off Hulk's head then punts his ass to da MOON! wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, I always assumed Hulk pulled himself up using Sentry's energy as a hold. It's within his abilities.

So are other things like sensing and seeing Astral spirits etc.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Golgo13
I'm with bran. Adam rips off Hulk's head then punts his ass to da MOON! wink We are the only winners in this thread.

Carver's right (surprise!).

Hulk grabbing energy isn't anything new. Ever since I gave Carver trade secrets, he's really been on the ball. He went from operating at 5 h1s of force to 200 h1s of force.

ODG
WWH wins 7/10.

Without plot device, there were only three characters who physically overpowered WWH outright: Zom Strange, Zeus and Umar. Black Adam does not approach these levels at all.

While there is some context to each of these, the only characters who rivaled WWH's physical might were classic Juggernaut, unleashed Sentry and an all-out Thor. Black Adam does approach these levels. But I don't believe Black Adam's durability/strength matches classic Juggernaut. Neither do I believe Teth matching unleashed Sentry's damage soak. I do believe Black Adam would pass out after successfully BFR'ing WWH like all-out Thor did... but here there is no BFR.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
I'm with bran. Adam rips off Hulk's head then punts his ass to da MOON! wink Brans been slipping lately. This is another tell tale sign.

tkitna
Don't get what the problem is. Hulk has always been able to grab energy.

Ok thats great. I learned something new today that the Hulk has a hidden super power in which he interacts with energy as a physical form. Why this is? Who knows and its pretty silly, but whatever.

Regardless of that stupid stuff, the fact remains that the Sentry fought like an idiot. Would he have won otherwise? I dont know. Probably not, but he should have done a hell of lot better then just standing there enduring punishment like he did. Pak missed on this one big time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't really see why you have a problem with Sentry fighting the way he did.

He was finally cutting loose, overtaken with the power, basking in it. That was kind of the point. Explains why he chose to eat those punches. Aside from the fact that Top Tiers usually just slug it out when fighting, super speed or not.

Besides that, he flew, threw punches and unleashed his energy in a contained manner against the Hulk. That's about as well as he's ever fought.

psycho gundam
Ok thats great. I learned something new today that the Hulk has a hidden super power in which he interacts with energy as a physical form. Why this is? Who knows and its pretty silly, but whatever. a deviant weapon designed to fight the next celestial host:

]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/grabshield1.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/grabshield2.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>