Tholians vs. Breen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
I thought this would be an interesting matchup as both are reclusive, warlike species with exotic technologies.

Q99
An issue would be they come from very different eras, making direct comparison tricky.

Still... lesse, Tholians have Web, Breen have energy dampeners. Webs seem to be able to set up at a good distance. Energy dampers are a big advantage, *until* one adjusts to compensate.

My gut says Tholians. With the webs, they don't have to engage too directly and aren't defenseless even when drained, and their tech is kinda odd and advanced so I figure they'll be able to compensate relatively quickly.

Omega Vision
There are Tholians in TNG and Deep Space Nine, and I'd point out that the Tholians used an early variation of the energy dampener as early as the 2150s, though it wasn't nearly as effective as the Breen weapon.

-Pr-
In Star Trek Online, the Tholians are represented as being pretty badass, with an updated version of the web.

That said, not sure who'd win in a fight.

Q99
Star Fleet Battles paints the Tholians as pretty badass too (though since it's based on TOS era stuff, no Breen).

-Pr-
I always felt that once the Feds got around the Breen energy weapon, they were much better able to handle them in a fight, and the Breen "threat" diminished some (though not completely).

Though obviously the Tholians won't have that advantage. Not saying the Breen are shit, or anything, just that, outside of their energy weapon, their ships are average at most.

marinadavis
Tholians

HulkIsHulk
I'd say Breen. Once enough Tholian ships gets hit with the energy dampners the web ia going down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.