Curryman's New-Amalgam Tourney!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

curryman

tijay
if i chose Colossus power in Spideys or Nightcrawlers Body would it still have the inate acrobatic ability?

psycho gundam
that's mental training so you'd get whatever colossus knows of spider-man and nighcrawler's fighting style.

Sin I AM
interesting...im in

curryman
Originally posted by Sin I AM
interesting...im in

Great!

Glad to have you on board smile

Charlotte DeBel
Count one more tourney veteran on boardsmile

Emi~Kiro
How do debates work? I'd love to do something like this

curryman
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
How do debates work? I'd love to do something like this

I can send you a quick explanation in detail, but it's basically something like this;

- You get an opponent and 3 or 5 judges for your match.

- You mail your opening post to the host, and then he/she posts both in the thread.

- Then you and your opponent debate back and forth for a week or so.

- You will only get around 5-10 posts and once the debate is over, the judges cast their verdict.

- We tally up the judges votes and declare a winner smile

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Count one more tourney veteran on boardsmile
Love it!

Badabing
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Count one more tourney veteran on boardsmile Good to see you Char.

beatboks
Little bit different from most tourney's I've played in ( in terms of how it's run)
But I love a tourney so count me in.
How many players are you after? I know a few dozen on other sites that I play against regularly, not sure if they have accounts here but I can PM at least a couple of Dozen regular tourney players ( some would have to be members here as well).

curryman
Originally posted by beatboks
Little bit different from most tourney's I've played in ( in terms of how it's run)
But I love a tourney so count me in.
How many players are you after? I know a few dozen on other sites that I play against regularly, not sure if they have accounts here but I can PM at least a couple of Dozen regular tourney players ( some would have to be members here as well).

Glad to see you're so committed.

Ideally it should only people who have been active here for 6 months or so. I'm relatively new myself, so I don't mind if people who've only been here a couple of months join.

It is however a KMC tournament, and as such we'll probably dis-allow week-old members and such. Sorry, but glad to have you on board smile

beatboks
Originally posted by curryman
Glad to see you're so committed.

Ideally it should only people who have been active here for 6 months or so. I'm relatively new myself, so I don't mind if people who've only been here a couple of months join.

It is however a KMC tournament, and as such we'll probably dis-allow week-old members and such. Sorry, but glad to have you on board smile

OH i didn't think people would join just to play. I just figured I can't be the inly one with a user account on a couple of dozen comic forums. I've already come across some who are on here and on a few ( or in each case on of a few) other sites. It's a little bit easier for everyone to know me when i join a site ( always use the same username or variations there of- Example was both Beatboks, beatboks1 and beatboks02 on DCU boards way back when ( new accounts when i forgot my password or changed PC and email account). Simialr variations on CV, Comicbloc, hero chat, Comic Ledger etc etc etc (there'd be 7 more "etc's" ..........

curryman
Haha, if you think some of your friends have accounts here then sure smile

-Pr-
I have to say, I REALLY like the power limitations. Too many tournaments get bogged down in to "I MAKE A MILLION ATOM SIZED KRYPTONIANS AND KILL YOU TO DEATH" tactics.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
I have to say, I REALLY like the power limitations. Too many tournaments get bogged down in to "I MAKE A MILLION ATOM SIZED KRYPTONIANS AND KILL YOU TO DEATH" tactics. I agree with you except for the "Kill you to death part". That should ALWAYS be allowed. biscuits

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
I agree with you except for the "Kill you to death part". That should ALWAYS be allowed. biscuits

laughing out loud

ok, point taken.

beatboks
I have a question with regards the draft. if choosing a body what do tou get with it. where does the line draw between "body" and "powers". for example you can get some characters who bave high durability and strength that aren't "powers" per se but others like say Superman ( who has his physical abilities because bis body is a solar battery) where physical abilities are nothing BUT powers ( hence why his body weakens if he expends too much energy)

curryman
I have a question with regards the draft. if choosing a body what do tou get with it. where does the line draw between "body" and "powers". for example you can get some characters who bave high durability and strength that aren't "powers" per se but others like say Superman ( who has his physical abilities because bis body is a solar battery) where physical abilities are nothing BUT powers ( hence why his body weakens if he expends too much energy)

A lot of this has been clarified in the original thread, check it out.

Essentially any passive physical thing counts as body.

Anything that's natural to you, in example Superman's physical abilities and/or Martian Manhunter's strength.

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-
I have to say, I REALLY like the power limitations. Too many tournaments get bogged down in to "I MAKE A MILLION ATOM SIZED KRYPTONIANS AND KILL YOU TO DEATH" tactics.

You just don't know how to operate within a tourney's rules well enough. In my first battle, I'm bringing the Warlogog with me.

yes #swag

beatboks
Originally posted by Digi
You just don't know how to operate within a tourney's rules well enough. In my first battle, I'm bringing the Warlogog with me.

yes #swag

and the point would be??

It won't be much use if your not allowed to manipulate time.

Sin I AM
Is this going? Cuz I have my character

Blair Wind
Go to the Battlezone. This is just to let you know it's happening.

And drafts start July 6th.

Digi
and the point would be??

It won't be much use if your not allowed to manipulate time.

Forum in-joke. Someone once tried this, complained when it was banned, and subsequently got booted from the tourney. Obviously the Warlogog violates about 7 different rules in this tourney. And more importantly, I would never reveal anything of actual value to my opponents before my first match.

thumb up

curryman
Digi's drafting Wolverine, Daken and Sabretooth.

Heard it here first.

tijay
Originally posted by curryman
Digi's drafting Wolverine, Daken and Sabretooth.

Heard it here first.

but they are basically the same?

Ambient
That's the beauty of it! His opponent would be like WTF ??? Gets totally dumbfounded by this pick, then gets owned trying to figure out what's the ultimate plan of attack.

Digi
Wolverine is not the worst pick in the world, utilized correctly. Any character that has a "best of" anything can be meshed to create something powerful. Adamantium as a "best of" in terms of cutting ability can find uses up to and including herald level.

That said, lol. As if I'd ever pick a filthy mutant.

tijay
Would Mettle (avengers academy) be Meta?

beatboks
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Go to the Battlezone. This is just to let you know it's happening.

And drafts start July 6th.

If this is somewhere else and it's no trouble I'd appreciate a link. This doddering old fool has bad eyes and can't find it.

curryman
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t581009.html

pym-ftw
Originally posted by tijay
Would Mettle (avengers academy) be Meta?
Yes, but he did absolutely nothing

curryman
Not long until the draft starts guys.

If you want to get in early, better prepare smile

hgjmdhgjdhu
I have to say, I REALLY like the power limitations http://www.glpp.info/hu7l.jpg

deathslash
I'd like to join this.

Digi
Originally posted by deathslash
I'd like to join this.

Bit late to the party, but thanks for the interest. Feel free to follow it, though. And in the meantime, familiarize yourself with the forum rules and tier levels. If another tourney rolls around and you're still active, then you might have a shot.

deathslash
Originally posted by Digi
Bit late to the party, but thanks for the interest. Feel free to follow it, though. And in the meantime, familiarize yourself with the forum rules and tier levels. If another tourney rolls around and you're still active, then you might have a shot.
ok, thanks.

0mega Spawn
Could you just give a character a symbiote then swap their mind out?

Edit- and i do realize im late

psycho gundam
if you want to lose, yeah

Brockalizer
I really wanted to participate, but unfortunately I am on vacation and away from my source material. I had the perfect amalgam too and just to prove Abihlegend wrong I used mostly DC characters. I hope that you were successful and can do a similar tourney again soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.