White Walkers (Game of Thrones) vs. Russell Edgington's team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Every White Walker seen from the show at this point versus Russell Edgington, Bill Compton, Eric Northman, and Marnie Stonebrook as Antonia's medium. Fight in an open terrain.

KingD19
Russell's team. They showed 3 White Walkers, and they have almost no feats.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
Russell's team. They showed 3 White Walkers, and they have almost no feats. We saw many of them at the end of season 2 iirc.

KingD19
Incorrect. We saw about 3 at the end of season 2. All riding horses. The first is the one with the spear who leads the charge, the second has a sword, and the third can be seen off in the distance on top of a brown horse near the top right of the screen. Those were the White Walkers and the generals in a sense. The ones shambling and walking around were Wights. Humans killed and brought back to unlife by the White Walkers. So the Wight army isn't in this fight, and White Walker numbers are unknown.

Then at the end of season 3 the same Walker who let Sam live is killed by him with a dragonglass dagger.

And then you have the several seen at the beginning of season 1. So that's maybe, 6 or 7 give or take if we're under the assumption they weren't all the same ones.

91C701Jq-tU

As for feats, we know they can slaughter groups of normal people, but vamps aren't normal people. And supposedly only valerian steel/dragonglass can hurt them, but Vamps have many options to bypass the more grounded levels of strength and durability in GoT.

Vamps win.

quanchi112
Incorrect. We saw about 3 at the end of season 2. All riding horses. The first is the one with the spear who leads the charge, the second has a sword, and the third can be seen off in the distance on top of a brown horse near the top right of the screen. Those were the White Walkers and the generals in a sense. The ones shambling and walking around were Wights. Humans killed and brought back to unlife by the White Walkers. So the Wight army isn't in this fight, and White Walker numbers are unknown.

Then at the end of season 3 the same Walker who let Sam live is killed by him with a dragonglass dagger.

And then you have the several seen at the beginning of season 1. So that's maybe, 6 or 7 give or take if we're under the assumption they weren't all the same ones.

91C701Jq-tU

As for feats, we know they can slaughter groups of normal people, but vamps aren't normal people. And supposedly only valerian steel/dragonglass can hurt them, but Vamps have many options to bypass the more grounded levels of strength and durability in GoT.

Vamps win. Wight army as well. This entire force versus Russell's team.

KingD19
Vampire's still win. The Wights are slow and plodding, they might as well be standing still compared to the vampires. And without the White Walkers, they cease to stay reanimated. So they take out the Walkers, who have no feats aside from sneak attacking scared and cold people and pushing a fat guy maybe 10 feet, and the Wights stop being a problem and drop to the ground.

quanchi112
Vampire's still win. The Wights are slow and plodding, they might as well be standing still compared to the vampires. And without the White Walkers, they cease to stay reanimated. So they take out the Walkers, who have no feats aside from sneak attacking scared and cold people and pushing a fat guy maybe 10 feet, and the Wights stop being a problem and drop to the ground. They won't know to take out the Whitewalkers and iirc only a plot device has done so making it not that easy.

KingD19
The Wight's clearly follow the White Walkers commands. The screeches and movements are followed by them. That's a dead giveaway, and they didn't get a collected nearly 8,000 years between them by being stupid.

And true only Dragonglass has been shown to hurt/kill a Walker, but there aren't many things in the GoT universe on the level of a vampire. Even the weakest in Bill was overturning multiple ton trailer homes with ease. They can rip the Walker's apart.

Wight's get the same treatment. Team Russell wins.

quanchi112
The Wight's clearly follow the White Walkers commands. The screeches and movements are followed by them. That's a dead giveaway, and they didn't get a collected nearly 8,000 years between them by being stupid.

And true only Dragonglass has been shown to hurt/kill a Walker, but there aren't many things in the GoT universe on the level of a vampire. Even the weakest in Bill was overturning multiple ton trailer homes with ease. They can rip the Walker's apart.

Wight's get the same treatment. Team Russell wins. Dragons seem very deadly but I don't see why you're acting like Game of Thrones is weak. Vampires are faster but are outnumbered. The White Walkers are a threat to the entire Game of Thrones world which includes vast armies, supernatural characters as well, and 3 dragons.

KingD19
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dragons seem very deadly but I don't see why you're acting like Game of Thrones is weak. Vampires are faster but are outnumbered. The White Walkers are a threat to the entire Game of Thrones world which includes vast armies, supernatural characters as well, and 3 dragons.

I said there aren't many things. Especially not in the show universe. And while Dany has her 3 dragons, they're still small and would be easily killed by the Vampires at this stage in their lives. Aegon's dragons on the other hand were freakishly large and would cause no end of trouble. It's how he took over the entire world with barely any armies.

And while GoT isn't necessarily weak in terms of numbers, they don't have any super impressive supernatural beings. They've got the Walkers, Wights, one Giant seen, and the shadow creature Melissandra summoned for Tannis, but was only seen the one time. And Wargs, but they don't really count as all they can do is take over animals.

And the Walkers are threats because people don't know about them. They haven't been seen for thousands of years so most info on them is gone. But if everyone had Dragonglass, even just the Night's Watch, they'd be an annoyance at best.

There's only slightly more Walkers than the Vampire team, and they have almost no feats, and you can't say someone with Bill or Eric or Russell's level of strength can't hurt them. That's getting into that fallacy nonsense.

ArtificialGlory
GoT is a fairly weak fantasy universe, all things considered.

quanchi112
I said there aren't many things. Especially not in the show universe. And while Dany has her 3 dragons, they're still small and would be easily killed by the Vampires at this stage in their lives. Aegon's dragons on the other hand were freakishly large and would cause no end of trouble. It's how he took over the entire world with barely any armies.

And while GoT isn't necessarily weak in terms of numbers, they don't have any super impressive supernatural beings. They've got the Walkers, Wights, one Giant seen, and the shadow creature Melissandra summoned for Tannis, but was only seen the one time. And Wargs, but they don't really count as all they can do is take over animals.

And the Walkers are threats because people don't know about them. They haven't been seen for thousands of years so most info on them is gone. But if everyone had Dragonglass, even just the Night's Watch, they'd be an annoyance at best.

There's only slightly more Walkers than the Vampire team, and they have almost no feats, and you can't say someone with Bill or Eric or Russell's level of strength can't hurt them. That's getting into that fallacy nonsense. You are not arguing power you are arguing formidability.

Well, a plot device is a plot device so everyone isn't going to have it. The dragons also will get bigger but are powerful at this point just not at their potential.

Sheer numbers is a strength and what we've seen the White Walkers are a huge deal and people do know about them. They still will be a great threat so I disagree there as well.

I get it you think True Blood wins and easily. I don't think everyone else shares that opinion. If they do this thread will die.

KingD19
The biggest the White Walkers have been seen is potentially 7. And that's being generous as we've possibly been seeing the same ones over and over again, and we've seen the one Sam killed at least 3 times. He came for Crastor's baby twice, and led the charge at the end of season 2.

And yes, the little dragons are powerful. But a few arrows or spears flying through the sky at this point and they are easily killed.

And correction, about 80+% percent of people South of the Wall don't even think White Walkers are real. The other 20% are the Northmen who have regular contact with Wildlings and the Nights Watch, and the smart and powerful people in the south like Varys the Spider and the Lannister's. Most people think they're myths and legends because they haven't been seen for thousands of years. Just like most people thought Dragons' were myths until Daenerys birthed hers.

As for Walkers being a threat to normal people, yeah they are. But normal people can't flip over trailer homes and move around at teleporting speed.

quanchi112
The biggest the White Walkers have been seen is potentially 7. And that's being generous as we've possibly been seeing the same ones over and over again, and we've seen the one Sam killed at least 3 times. He came for Crastor's baby twice, and led the charge at the end of season 2.

And yes, the little dragons are powerful. But a few arrows or spears flying through the sky at this point and they are easily killed.

And correction, about 80+% percent of people South of the Wall don't even think White Walkers are real. The other 20% are the Northmen who have regular contact with Wildlings and the Nights Watch, and the smart and powerful people in the south like Varys the Spider and the Lannister's. Most people think they're myths and legends because they haven't been seen for thousands of years. Just like most people thought Dragons' were myths until Daenerys birthed hers.

As for Walkers being a threat to normal people, yeah they are. But normal people can't flip over trailer homes and move around at teleporting speed. I wouldn't say they would be easily killed in this manner. Dragons are a huge deal and are not easily dealt with.

Your comment Wasnt in response to True Blood just in the Game of Thrones universe. I didn't say the general populace knew about them but when they make their ploy or attack they will. Huge threat all the same. Pretty obvious.

KingD19
Have you seen the size of the dragon's? They maybe the size of dogs at this point, might seem a bit bigger since they're always perched on something or on their hind legs. But they fly, and a group of archers aiming for them at once. They're gonna get hit.

quanchi112
Have you seen the size of the dragon's? They maybe the size of dogs at this point, might seem a bit bigger since they're always perched on something or on their hind legs. But they fly, and a group of archers aiming for them at once. They're gonna get hit. That is speculation. We see how dangerous they are.

KingD19
How in the hell is it speculation? We see they've burned 1 guy, maybe a few more. With multiple jets of flame and who had no defenses. We also see they don't fly that fast. Also we see a group of archers, from as few as 30 to many many more. Why do you think they can stop that many arrows all at once?

Nephthys
The only way the Walkers stand a ghost of a chance (lmao) is if they're the book versions. They're said to be lightning-quick and possess swords made of ice so cold they shatter steel with a single touch. They wear armor made of the same material.

KingD19
Agreed. The lead Walker gripped Sam's steel sword and shattered it, but he wouldn't even be fast enough to touch any of the vamps.

quanchi112
How in the hell is it speculation? We see they've burned 1 guy, maybe a few more. With multiple jets of flame and who had no defenses. We also see they don't fly that fast. Also we see a group of archers, from as few as 30 to many many more. Why do you think they can stop that many arrows all at once? We see many people effortlessly burned. We know they won't be sitting still and the armies they will be attacking will be busy worrying about the fire consuming them.

KingD19
People see a big jet of fire coming from the sky, and a dog sized dragon flying through the air. You think they won't take aim for it?

quanchi112
People see a big jet of fire coming from the sky, and a dog sized dragon flying through the air. You think they won't take aim for it? They definitely will but the relative ease in which you described killing the dragon is speculation. I disagree entirely.

KingD19
What evidence do you have that a dragon that small and physically frail could withstand hundreds of arrows piercing them? I have no doubt their flames will incinerate a few. But you're expecting them to be okay after getting fired on by hundreds of men all at once.

Back on topic though, Vamps win.

quanchi112
What evidence do you have that a dragon that small and physically frail could withstand hundreds of arrows piercing them? I have no doubt their flames will incinerate a few. But you're expecting them to be okay after getting fired on by hundreds of men all at once.

Back on topic though, Vamps win. I never said they could survive hundreds of arrows I don't think killing these dragons is as easy as you believe. You believe it's unbelievably easy.

Not true at all despite the lack of evidence and the obvious portrayal of how badass dragons are in this universe.

KingD19
Yeah. I know how badass dragons are. But at the age of Drakaris and the others, they're tiny glass cannons. Aegon's would be hell to even hurt. But Dany's are really tiny.

quanchi112
Yeah. I know how badass dragons are. But at the age of Drakaris and the others, they're tiny glass cannons. Aegon's would be hell to even hurt. But Dany's are really tiny. I never said they were huge or freakishly durable now just objected to how easily you feel these dragons can be killed. Not how they are portrayed even now.

BloodRain
Thread comes down to numbers vs strength.

GoT has the numbers. Its just that all but '7' are, well, lumbering zombies. TB will be running though dismembering them. Not fatal to them, but they'd be rendered useless without limbs or heads. They're like slower, dumber, more survivable humans.

Even with the Walkers, in this instance Strength > Numbers.

Rikudo sennin
This entire thread is stupid as we haven't seen any of them go all out.White walkers have no feats aside from slapping sam 10 feet away and shattering steal with their touch and those are like the same white walkers who did that. I LOL at the people who compare a barely explored species to a fully explored one.

I honestly believe they will prove to easily kill vamps like the TB and TVD ones when they go all out.

And the Dragons when fully grown could stomp easily. If bran's vision of how big their shadow's will be are true then...

Epicurus
Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
I honestly believe they will prove to easily kill vamps like the TB and TVD ones when they go all out.
Or, turn out to be overhyped like that loser Silas.laughing out loud

God Cloth Seiya
Russell's team

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by Epicurus
Or, turn out to be overhyped like that loser Silas.laughing out loud

Okay...GOT hasn't let me down yet I doubt they will for this.

Rikudo sennin
And if that was supposed to be a shot at me...just lolll.

Bentley
Obviously GoT loses, Quan needs to stop making spite threads awesr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.