Best matchup for Luke Cage in the DCU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Out of all the heroes (Only heroes), who is a good matchup for Cage?

Uriel005
I think Collin if he had more experience under his belt would be a good matchup.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Colin_Wilkes_%28New_Earth%29

tijay
Cant view the site
What is his Story

Uriel005
Originally posted by tijay
Cant view the site
What is his Story He was a venom experiment scarecrow came up with. He felt that batman wouldn't harm a child. Batman eventually cut the venom tubes but apparently at that point he didn't need them and can activate the venom in his system at will. So think about a bane sized roided out 10 year old child without the venom dependency to make him stronger and you've pretty much got him pegged.

tijay
Well... Thats Different

JakeTheBank
Captain Atom.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Captain Atom.

If he had help, maybe.

pym-ftw
Do you mean who is most like him?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
If he had help, maybe.

Bendis writing is all the help he needs.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Do you mean who is most like him?

No, who would give him the best fight in DC.

pym-ftw
Hawkman

iscaremonkeys
cyborg. from what i remember he picked up a buss filled with people....then again that was the cartoon

golem370
Girder- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character.asp?UniqueId=880

beatboks
best match for cage from DC is Iron Munro. same level of strength, a little more durable but not much. he does have a healing factor that Cage lacks however. if taken from the same Age ( Munro being a retconned replacement for GA Superman who never increased in power like the real one did) Cage would make up for that difference in better combat skill ( Munro's skill got a lot better later on as he worked for government agencies IIRC)

tkitna
Atom Smasher maybe. I admit that I dont know enough about him, but from what i've seen, he seems to be in the same powerset. Again, I might be way off base.

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
best match for cage from DC is Iron Munro. same level of strength, a little more durable but not much. he does have a healing factor that Cage lacks however. if taken from the same Age ( Munro being a retconned replacement for GA Superman who never increased in power like the real one did) Cage would make up for that difference in better combat skill ( Munro's skill got a lot better later on as he worked for government agencies IIRC)

I wish they would bring Iron Munro back. sad When was the last time we saw him?

Oliver North

unfortunately, this

Golgo13
Originally posted by tkitna
Atom Smasher maybe. I admit that I dont know enough about him, but from what i've seen, he seems to be in the same powerset. Again, I might be way off base.

Atom Smasher would beat Luke for the majority. Though he would work for it, so it could be a good match.

Tony Stark
Superman

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Superman

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/UG_zps3b166e5f.gif

-Pr-

I was talking about Cap.

cdtm
I was talking about Cap.

Because of his writer, or because of Cap's power level?

He has his good and bad showings, but I always pegged Cap as closer to Superman then Cage level..

-Pr-
It's a joke stick out tongue

cdtm
It's a joke stick out tongue

embarrasment smile

cdtm
Originally posted by Golgo13
Atom Smasher would beat Luke for the majority. Though he would work for it, so it could be a good match.

How about Damage?

At some point, I'm planning on checking out his solo series, mainly because The Ray's series ties into it and the Justice League Task Force. (It's not necessary to enjoy The Ray's series, but I skipped a lot of stuff in the 90's growing up, and like collect old back issues..)

StyleTime
Captain Atom.
Doesn't stand a chance against Cage.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Golgo13
I wish they would bring Iron Munro back. sad When was the last time we saw him?

Last time I remember was from JMS' Superman: Grounded series.

So like a couple of years ago, unless I'm missing some other showing after that.

Mindset
Presence.

Golgo13
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Last time I remember was from JMS' Superman: Grounded series.

So like a couple of years ago, unless I'm missing some other showing after that.

I stopped reading that. What did he do on panel?

CosmicComet
It's been awhile, I remember him fighting Livewire, like breaking through some forcefield she made.

After that he helps in rehabilitating her.

JakeTheBank
I was talking about Cap.

laughing thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by CosmicComet
It's been awhile, I remember him fighting Livewire, like breaking through some forcefield she made.

After that he helps in rehabilitating here.

Livewire is pretty uber, yeah? Seems like a decent feat.

abhilegend
Hawkman.

rougeredmage
here would be some interesting fights... i am not a big dc universe fan so not sure if these people would overpower him

beastboy ?
nightwing ?
hourman ?

cdtm
Originally posted by rougeredmage
here would be some interesting fights... i am not a big dc universe fan so not sure if these people would overpower him

beastboy ?
nightwing ?
hourman ?

Beastboy's an interesting one.

Nightwing gets crushed, and Hourman probably crushes all but Bendis Cage (Miraclo pills are supposed to make him around class 100.)

rougeredmage
really i would have thought people would argue that nightwing would have an advantage because of superior marial arts abilities ?

iscaremonkeys
he beats beastboy imo

Charlotte DeBel
Grace Choi. Always viewed her as Asian gender-flipped Luke Cage. Same powers, basically, and same attitude.

Philosophía
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hawkman

golem370
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
he beats beastboy imo

What if Beast Boy shrinks and attacks his inside.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by golem370
What if Beast Boy shrinks and attacks his inside. are you suggesting that beast boy shrinks to a fly and then expans inside of cage killing him???? i like the way you think sir

golem370
Or attack him as a germ. If he implode would that just effect his insides or his skin too.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Grace Choi. Always viewed her as Asian gender-flipped Luke Cage. Same powers, basically, and same attitude.

Never thought about her like that. Interesting.

celeyhyga17
Used to think DCnU Aquaman, but he just keeps getting more beastly.

Even Bendis power Cage would get his @$$ whooped by current Arthur.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by golem370
Or attack him as a germ. If he implode would that just effect his insides or his skin too. when could beastboy turn into germs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.