Battle of the Fantasy Teams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
These magic Wielder teams are transported to Gerudo Desert to settle their differences.

Each are separated by 50 feet from each other.

The teams are as follows

1)Team Harry Potter (movies only)

1. Voldemort
2. Basilisk

2)Team Twilight Princess(only)

1. Ganondorf
2. King Bulbin

3)Team Lord of the Rings (movies only)

1. Gandalf the White
2. Balrog

4)Game of Thrones (series only)

1. White Walker
2. 3 dragons

BloodRain
What would happen to a White Walker in a desert?

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
What would happen to a White Walker in a desert? What do you think would happen ?

Nephthys
Either Ganon or the Dragons (if they're full grown) solo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
Either Ganon or the Dragons (if they're full grown) solo. Both can't solo since they oppose each other.

Nephthys
Hence why I said 'either'.

quanchi112
Hence why I said 'either'. Pick one.

Nephthys
If the dragons are fully grown they burn everything in sight and if not Ganon owns the crap out of everyone.

quanchi112
If the dragons are fully grown they burn everything in sight and if not Ganon owns the crap out of everyone. The dragons aren't full born on the show yet.

Let me ask you something. What happens to Ganondorf if he locks eyes with the Basilisk ?

Nephthys
Lol, then what the hell are they going to do here? They're babies. The GoT team is clearly underpowered.

Nothing, probably.

quanchi112
Lol, then what the hell are they going to do here? They're babies. The GoT team is clearly underpowered.

Nothing, probably. There are still three of them and their fire can do massive damage.

Why nothing ?

BloodRain
Hmm. Well in irl logic a species somewhat made of ice thriving in a harsh sub-zero climate wouldn't fair so well in a desert one. Of course it wouldn't have to be exactly the same given they're mythical beings, curious though.

Btw how come everyone is partner with badass beasts.. cept for Dorf who gets a large goblin ? :P

quanchi112
Hmm. Well in irl logic a species somewhat made of ice thriving in a harsh sub-zero climate wouldn't fair so well in a desert one. Of course it wouldn't have to be exactly the same given they're mythical beings, curious though.

Btw how come everyone is partner with badass beasts.. cept for Dorf who gets a large goblin ? :P Well, you are free to speculate but as usual the beings are not affected by the environment in an negative way.

Dorf himself can turn into a badass beast so that is two beasts. Did not know you didn't respect Bulbin.

NemeBro
If the dragons are fully grown they burn everything in sight and if not Ganon owns the crap out of everyone. Ganondorf would beat a full-grown A Song of Ice and Fire dragon to death with his bare hands.

Be real assclown.

BloodRain
GoT is out. Walker only has strength to his name, below Bulbin's. The bubby dragons are flying glass cannons that spew fire. Link alone defeated a larger more durable dragon, the three would only defeat Bulbin.. maybe Gandalf/Tom if they're caught off-guard.

HP has the edge over LotR for the variation of spells and firepower (AK contends with Dalf breaking Tom's wand). Overall the Balrog seems more threatening than the Basalisk besides its stare, however featless it may be. And of course, Dorf kills everyone.

Dorf > Tom >= Dalf > Balrog > Basalisk > 3 Dragons > Bulbin > Walker.

TP > HP > LotR > GoT.
Originally posted by quanchi112
Well, you are free to speculate but as usual the beings are not affected by the environment in an negative way.

Dorf himself can turn into a badass beast so that is two beasts. Did not know you didn't respect Bulbin.
I know, still a curious thought though. And besides 'strong goblin' theres nothing to KingB besides being a mob boss to mooks. He's a low ranking boss in TP :T

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ganondorf would beat a full-grown A Song of Ice and Fire dragon to death with his bare hands.

Be real assclown.

Just one fully grown dragon melted the largest castle ever built with the thickest walls. 3 of them would burnerate everything in sight. Ganondorf included.

Other than in Screams wankdreams where Ganon can survive on the Sun or some other ludicrous shite.

ScreamPaste
Things I've never claimed, this is one of them.

Anyway, Ganondorf has both been hit with castle busters before and burned by Valoo, not overly concerned.

Nephthys
It was just an example. Truthfully I was actually remembering when BurningThought argued just that, because of the friction of Raziels claws or something.

Valoo's fire ain't got nothing on dragonfire.

ScreamPaste
Comparing me to BT, PFT. He's from your country, not mine, you can blame me for Celine Dion, but BT is all your bad.

Anyway. I've gotta go get teeth cut out of my head, try not to compare me to BT again while I'm gone. uhuh

quanchi112
GoT is out. Walker only has strength to his name, below Bulbin's. The bubby dragons are flying glass cannons that spew fire. Link alone defeated a larger more durable dragon, the three would only defeat Bulbin.. maybe Gandalf/Tom if they're caught off-guard.

HP has the edge over LotR for the variation of spells and firepower (AK contends with Dalf breaking Tom's wand). Overall the Balrog seems more threatening than the Basalisk besides its stare, however featless it may be. And of course, Dorf kills everyone.

TP > HP > LotR > GoT.

I know, still a curious thought though. And besides 'strong goblin' theres nothing to KingB besides being a mob boss to mooks. He's a low ranking boss in TP :T You don't think he's formidable here. Ok.

quanchi112
Ganondorf would beat a full-grown A Song of Ice and Fire dragon to death with his bare hands.

Be real assclown. Never change.

quanchi112

Other than in Screams wankdreams where Ganon can survive on the Sun or some other ludicrous shite. That is pretty dead on with how he views Ganondorf.

BloodRain
Lol again, sorry for the BT Sun thing..

I've gotta go get teeth cut out of my head
Whats with you people here and getting teeth yanked?

You don't think he's formidable here. Ok.
Who, Bulbin? Nope. All he has is 5 ton strength with human range and speed, and in a thread with equal strength characters who are faster with powers? The guys ****ed :P

quanchi112
Lol again, sorry for the BT Sun thing..

Whats with you people here and getting teeth yanked?

Who, Bulbin? Nope. All he has is 5 ton strength with human range and speed, and in a thread with equal strength characters who are faster with powers? The guys ****ed :P Who do you think wins here ?

NemeBro
Just one fully grown dragon melted the largest castle ever built with the thickest walls. 3 of them would burnerate everything in sight. Ganondorf included.

No they wouldn't, you stupid animal.

Valoo did the same thing and Ganondorf was unaffected.

Ganondorf meanwhile can soul**** entire countries.

Compare.

BloodRain
Who do you think wins here ?
"GoT is out. Walker only has strength to his name, below Bulbin's. The bubby dragons are flying glass cannons that spew fire. Link alone defeated a larger more durable dragon, the three would only defeat Bulbin.. maybe Gandalf/Tom if they're caught off-guard.

TP > HP > LotR > GoT."

quanchi112

Compare. laughing out loud

Lets forget about an elf with little time experience taking him on and just highlight his feats only.

NemeBro
Link would kill those dragons as well.

Anyway, I was not talking to you, shut your whore mouth when your betters are talking.

A Song of Ice and Fire is weak.

quanchi112
"GoT is out. Walker only has strength to his name, below Bulbin's. The bubby dragons are flying glass cannons that spew fire. Link alone defeated a larger more durable dragon, the three would only defeat Bulbin.. maybe Gandalf/Tom if they're caught off-guard.

TP > HP > LotR > GoT." Link beat a bigger dragon but what makes you think he could defeat these three dragons attacking him at once.

Dale can't break Tom's wand.

This is what I mean. I knew you'd say Ganondorf would solo despite saying he needs a more formidable partner when according to you he doesn't even need a partner.

quanchi112
Link would kill those dragons as well.

Anyway, I was not talking to you, shut your whore mouth when your betters are talking.

A Song of Ice and Fire is weak. No, he wouldn't. Three fire spewing dragons is harder to kill then one enemy.

I can only speak of the show and they seem like they'd stomp Twilight Primcess as well.

NemeBro
Provide a single feat in the series on par with the castle destruction in Twilight Princess.

quanchi112
Provide a single feat in the series on par with the castle destruction in Twilight Princess. I don't argue based on feats while ignoring everything else. It's like saying hey he can wreck a castle so he crushes an entire world. Silly.

NemeBro
No, it is not like saying he can wreck a castle so he can crush an entire world. You don't need to be that powerful to crush a verse as weak as Game of Thrones.

What makes you think GoT is stronger?

quanchi112
No, it is not like saying he can wreck a castle so he can crush an entire world. You don't need to be that powerful to crush a verse as weak as Game of Thrones.

What makes you think GoT is stronger? Superior numbers, the fact we haven't seen the best or most powerful of what his world is capable of, and the fact these armies have capable intelligent leaders.

NemeBro
Superior numbers,

How does this matter when not a single one of them could even hurt Ganondorf with their blades and arrows? Nor could they do such to most of the big armored monsters, or the dragons.

Also, Zelda has less soldiers, but far more monsters at its disposal.

I have. It isn't very impressive.

But they also have terrible, incompetent leaders as well. Like Cersei or Joffrey, or Balon Greyjoy.

quanchi112
How does this matter when not a single one of them could even hurt Ganondorf with their blades and arrows? Nor could they do such to most of the big armored monsters, or the dragons.

Also, Zelda has less soldiers, but far more monsters at its disposal.

I have. It isn't very impressive.

But they also have terrible, incompetent leaders as well. Like Cersei or Joffrey, or Balon Greyjoy. no limits fallacy. You Zelda arguers usually I pore no limits fallacies and ignore swords cutting right through his skin.

White walkers, dragons, sheer numbers overwhelm Dorf.

Cersei and Joffrey don't really lead. Granddad calls the shots and Hes extremely intelligent.

So you think thousands of people could not even harm Ganondorf ?

Nephthys

Compare.

Valoo burned half a boat. erm

Yeah and how long does it take him to do that. Will he soul**** them before they breath on him?

The dragons affected magic on a global scale with their mere presence and Drogon killed the Undying.

BloodRain
Link beat a bigger dragon but what makes you think he could defeat these three dragons attacking him at once.

Dale can't break Tom's wand.

This is what I mean. I knew you'd say Ganondorf would solo despite saying he needs a more formidable partner when according to you he doesn't even need a partner.
If you can kill a Grizzly without struggling, you can kill 3 Wolves. The bubbies would be killed by a well placed arrow, right?

Why not? Iirc wands can be destroyed without too much effort/power.

I didn't say he needed a stronger partner O.o I was pointing at the others getting powerful beasts, which are top tier in their respected verses, when Dorf gets a low-mid tier guy. A mere note on the thread.

ScreamPaste
He can do it with a thought. Zant could do so with a fraction of Ganon's power, lol.

Jaw hurts like hell, nap time.

quanchi112
If you can kill a Grizzly without struggling, you can kill 3 Wolves. The bubbies would be killed by a well placed arrow, right?

Why not? Iirc wands can be destroyed without too much effort/power.

I didn't say he needed a stronger partner O.o I was pointing at the others getting powerful beasts, which are top tier in their respected verses, when Dorf gets a low-mid tier guy. A mere note on the thread. Fire incinerates the arrows. 3 enemies are harder to face than one when they all have the power to kill you.

By being physically destroyed not through tk or what not while they wield them.

You complained despite exaggerating Ganondorf once again.

BloodRain
Fire incinerates the arrows. 3 enemies are harder to face than one when they all have the power to kill you.

By being physically destroyed not through tk or what not while they wield them.

You complained despite exaggerating Ganondorf once again.
Tell that to the bear. And I'm asking what happens when an arrow lands on the bubs?

And magic, like the Confringo spell. So magic can destroy one.

Lol the 'complaint' was the stark difference of his team compared to the others. Would you like to quote where I said he needed a partner? :P

quanchi112
Tell that to the bear. And I'm asking what happens when an arrow lands on the bubs?

And magic, like the Confringo spell. So magic can destroy one.

Lol the 'complaint' was the stark difference of his team compared to the others. Would you like to quote where I said he needed a partner? :P They hurt them to what extent we don't know. Depends on the placement.

If it hits it directly. Doubtful since magic can block force attacks. Not easy or else we'd see it more often.

That's the point. You still feel Dorf solos so your complaint was it should be more lopsided.

BloodRain
They hurt them to what extent we don't know. Depends on the placement.

If it hits it directly. Doubtful since magic can block force attacks. Not easy or else we'd see it more often.

That's the point. You still feel Dorf solos so your complaint was it should be more lopsided.
Head, neck, wings, chest, gut. Anything to suggest an arrow through either area wouldn't fatally wound one?

But magic can still do it, so why cant Dalf? I mean its not like the wands them self have durability.

Lol the 'complain' about your team structure as nothing to do with my view on the match, the same with the Walker being in a desert. Making an observation, so chill :P

quanchi112
Head, neck, wings, chest, gut. Anything to suggest an arrow through either area wouldn't fatally wound one?

But magic can still do it, so why cant Dalf? I mean its not like the wands them self have durability.

Lol the 'complain' about your team structure as nothing to do with my view on the match, the same with the Walker being in a desert. Making an observation, so chill :P I doubt it'd fatally wound one through the chest or wings, etc.

That manner is not able to do so. Gandalf can only do so to someone he outranks in power. Not the case with Voldemort.

You concede.

ScreamPaste
Can I have the quote concerning the dragons' destructive power? I'd like to know how fast and durable they are, too.

Ganondorf has eaten a castlebuster untouched before, and Valoo did nothing to him either. Nor do the fire arrows which can end a permanent blizzard, or the ice arrows, which can flash freeze volcanoes. The light arrows are more powerful than either of these and destroy evil, they do effect him, but not like they effect anything else. They incinerate any other enemy they hit, Ganon can take several and still requires the Master Sword to be put down.

Combat speed wise he's impressive and he kind of has the ability to shroud the entire battlefield in Twilight or flash freeze large areas of it magically, to go along with his class 100+ strength. Is there any reason he can't, as NemeBro suggested, beat the dragons up with his fists?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Nephthys
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Can I have the quote concerning the dragons' destructive power? I'd like to know how fast and durable they are, too.

Ganondorf has eaten a castlebuster untouched before, and Valoo did nothing to him either. Nor do the fire arrows which can end a permanent blizzard, or the ice arrows, which can flash freeze volcanoes. The light arrows are more powerful than either of these and destroy evil, they do effect him, but not like they effect anything else. They incinerate any other enemy they hit, Ganon can take several and still requires the Master Sword to be put down.

Combat speed wise he's impressive and he kind of has the ability to shroud the entire battlefield in Twilight or flash freeze large areas of it magically, to go along with his class 100+ strength. Is there any reason he can't, as NemeBro suggested, beat the dragons up with his fists?

I'd rather not as fully grown dragons are not even in this thread. The ones Quan saw fit to pit against Ganon are babies the size of dogs.

Suffice to say that an adult dragon melted the stone of Harrenhall, a castle so large it can house a thousand horses and has a godswood of twenty acres inside it. Its walls are incredibly thick and high and its rooms are scaled for giants rather than men. Here you can see where the towers and stone have been melted:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/f/f6/Harenhal_tvseries.jpg/800px-Harenhal_tvseries.jpg

ScreamPaste
So... Quan dun goofed and gimped the GoT side?

Nephthys
Hell yes. The White Walker is useless as well.

Sure its so cold that it can shatter steel with a touch, but its not going to get within range before eating a Fiendfyre so who cares?

ScreamPaste
A shame. That would have been interesting. I like dragons.

BloodRain
I doubt it'd fatally wound one through the chest or wings, etc.
That manner is not able to do so. Gandalf can only do so to someone he outranks in power. Not the case with Voldemort.
You concede.
Flying with a torn wing, breathing with a punctured lung, functioning with a torn heart?

Does a wizards power strengthen the wand?

I concede to the two points I still stand by? You know what that word means right?

quanchi112
So... Quan dun goofed and gimped the GoT side? No, this is the tv series not the books which I am unfamiliar with. I remain consistent.

quanchi112
Flying with a torn wing, breathing with a punctured lung, functioning with a torn heart?

Does a wizards power strengthen the wand?

I concede to the two points I still stand by? You know what that word means right? That isn't what you said. An arrow piercing these doesn't always result in this.

It's the magical connection and they have means to block magic from hitting their wands. We see magic clash all the time.

You conceded. It's fine .

quanchi112
A shame. That would have been interesting. I like dragons. You'd still argue despite never seeing it that Dorf can't be harmed and beats them to death with his hands while surviving inside the sun. That's so you.

iscaremonkeys
Team Lord of the Rings because besides twilight princess i hate both harry potter and game of thrones

quanchi112
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
Team Lord of the Rings because besides twilight princess i hate both harry potter and game of thrones So you're biased.

NemeBro
no limits fallacy. You Zelda arguers usually I pore no limits fallacies and ignore swords cutting right through his skin.

The poor sentence structure and spelling errors rob this sentence of its meaning.

Like the one killed by a weak fatboy?

The three dragons that have only burned normal people to death?

Those baby dragons aren't doing shit, and the Walkers are ****ing punk bitches.

Oh right, the show isn't that far on yet. Slipped my mind.

What do you think thousands of people with normal swords will be able to do impact-wise that one man with a sword could not?

One bullet or a thousand, a bullet won't harm Superman.

NemeBro
Valoo burned half a boat. erm

At least he destroyed what he burned. Unlike the pussy dragons who merely melted a tower. Said tower can still be ****ing lived in.

Ganondorf either destroyed an entire castle or tanked an attack that did so.

Advantage: Ganondorf

Absolutely.

Or: He just beats them to death with his bare hands.

That's a very nice non-feat you got there.

quanchi112
The poor sentence structure and spelling errors rob this sentence of its meaning.

Like the one killed by a weak fatboy?

The three dragons that have only burned normal people to death?

Those baby dragons aren't doing shit, and the Walkers are ****ing punk bitches.

Oh right, the show isn't that far on yet. Slipped my mind.

What do you think thousands of people with normal swords will be able to do impact-wise that one man with a sword could not?

One bullet or a thousand, a bullet won't harm Superman. The word argue was changed. It makes sense.

Plot device while trying to get a baby. He ignored the fat guy. Won't be the case here.

Fire burns flesh. Lol. Oh right, nothing including the sun can overcome the top according to you.

False.

We see swords harm Dorfs body. Dorf isn't durable like Superman. No limits fallacy either. You have no evidence to support he can solo armies.

NemeBro
The word argue was changed. It makes sense.

It does not.

A fat guy was able to cut him.

Advantage: Ganondorf.

Not Ganondorf's.

Provide evidence of me saying this.

Prove it.

We see a magic sword made by mages harm Ganondorf's body before he had the Triforce of Power.

Correction: He isn't as durable as Superman.

This statement is grammatically unsound.

Define No Limits Fallacy.

His feats.

The fact that Zant with a fraction of his power soloed the Twili and enslaved them.

quanchi112
It does not.

A fat guy was able to cut him.

Advantage: Ganondorf.

Not Ganondorf's.

Provide evidence of me saying this.

Prove it.

We see a magic sword made by mages harm Ganondorf's body before he had the Triforce of Power.

Correction: He isn't as durable as Superman.

This statement is grammatically unsound.

Define No Limits Fallacy.

His feats.

The fact that Zant with a fraction of his power soloed the Twili and enslaved them. Yes, it does.

Plot device. Fat guy stabbing Dorf with Ms would cut him too.

Based on what ?

None needed.

You made the claim.

We don't see his durability increase. Prove it did.

He isn't anywhere near as durable as he is.

You claiming Dorfs powers are basically without limits ie. nothing can kill him save his own plot device weapons which have.

His feats don't suggest he can. Zant had an army. They trapped most of the people as spirits. The army was also pathetic and lacked numbers, leadership, and anyone of note.

ScreamPaste
Zant made his army from the Twili after he subjugated them.

quanchi112
Zant made his army from the Twili after he subjugated them. They needed an army. That proves he can't solo armies since he needed one of his own. smile

NemeBro
None needed.

There is actually.

Let me make this clear: you do not claim I said anything without providing proof I did so. If you can not do so, shut the **** up and troll somewhere else.

quanchi112
There is actually.

Let me make this clear: you do not claim I said anything without providing proof I did so. If you can not do so, shut the **** up and troll somewhere else. It was me mocking your he can beat dragons with his bare hands stances which are ridiculous. He can't even beat Link to death with his bare hands yet we assume he grabs full grown dragons and head locks them with ease.

NemeBro
So you admit that you lied then?

quanchi112
So you admit that you lied then? It was obviously sarcasm. It's funny that you think you can use sarcasm but get bent out of shape when others use it as well.

NemeBro
Point out where I claimed others claimed something they did not.

quanchi112
Point out where I claimed others claimed something they did not. Sarcasm ftw.

BloodRain
That isn't what you said. An arrow piercing these doesn't always result in this.
It's the magical connection and they have means to block magic from hitting their wands. We see magic clash all the time.
You conceded. It's fine .
Tearing the wing membrane would mess with flight and its a low chance a chest hit wont damage the heart or lungs, that's beside basic damage on the chance it misses those spots. The fact is that 1 bear > 3 wolves just as 1 durable elephant sized Dragon > 3 dog sized baby dragons.

Yes, a magical bond. Never has it been stated that they become super tough, so they don't.

How about you get off your 'nah you lose I win' high horse when you know you've got nothing?

iscaremonkeys
So you're biased. semi-bias. Love me some zelda

quanchi112
Tearing the wing membrane would mess with flight and its a low chance a chest hit wont damage the heart or lungs, that's beside basic damage on the chance it misses those spots. The fact is that 1 bear > 3 wolves just as 1 durable elephant sized Dragon > 3 dog sized baby dragons.

Yes, a magical bond. Never has it been stated that they become super tough, so they don't.

How about you get off your 'nah you lose I win' high horse when you know you've got nothing? You said piercing the wing that doesn't mean they cannot fly.

The fact remains your examples are off. Wolves lack fire which incinerates and changes thing as opposed to just one big animal to three smaller ones without flame breath.

I always have something.

BloodRain
You said piercing the wing that doesn't mean they cannot fly.

The fact remains your examples are off. Wolves lack fire which incinerates and changes thing as opposed to just one big animal to three smaller ones without flame breath.

I always have something. An arrow would tear the wing, its just a membrane of skin. And I said mess with flight not halt it altogether. Either way an arrow would be damaging to them no matter where it lands.

Examples aren't meant to be literal comparisons, notice how bears don't fly or breath fire either. A bear is to a large, fire breathing/flying dragon and 3 wolves are to 3 smaller dragons. Especially when arrows can take do damage to them.

Then kindly point to how a bond will stop Dalf from destroying Tom's wand.

quanchi112
An arrow would tear the wing, its just a membrane of skin. And I said mess with flight not halt it altogether. Either way an arrow would be damaging to them no matter where it lands.

Examples aren't meant to be literal comparisons, notice how bears don't fly or breath fire either. A bear is to a large, fire breathing/flying dragon and 3 wolves are to 3 smaller dragons. Especially when arrows can take do damage to them.

Then kindly point to how a bond will stop Dalf from destroying Tom's wand. I never said an arrow would not damage them I said three dragons breathing fire in multiple directions is harder to defend against than one bigger easier to hit target dragon.

One larger target compared to three targets all capable of fire breathing is pretty obvious that would be more dangerous,

Dalf cannot do so against someone more powerful than he is.

BloodRain
I never said an arrow would not damage them I said three dragons breathing fire in multiple directions is harder to defend against than one bigger easier to hit target dragon.
One larger target compared to three targets all capable of fire breathing is pretty obvious that would be more dangerous,

Dalf cannot do so against someone more powerful than he is. It's not like Link has never dealt with groups before, and if arrows can inflict heavy damage?

A large, highly durable, fire breathing dragon... Three small, not durable, fire breathing dragons. Anyone would take three wolves over a bear, three orcs instead of a troll (LotR), three trolls instead of a giant (HP), three Flare Dancers over Volvagia (OoT).

You haven't said how a Wizards power increases the durability of their wands.

Impediment
Couldn't Voldy apparate and cast Immobulus/Avada Kadavra while the Basilisk kills people with it's stare?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Impediment
Couldn't Voldy apparate and cast Immobulus/Avada Kadavra while the Basilisk kills people with it's stare?
The problem is at least one team has a member fully immune to such nonsense with AoE OHKO attacks.

BloodRain
Except the White Walker with its necromancy powers only, its not the mage the other three are. (is it even technically 'living'?)

quanchi112
It's not like Link has never dealt with groups before, and if arrows can inflict heavy damage?

A large, highly durable, fire breathing dragon... Three small, not durable, fire breathing dragons. Anyone would take three wolves over a bear, three orcs instead of a troll (LotR), three trolls instead of a giant (HP), three Flare Dancers over Volvagia (OoT).

You haven't said how a Wizards power increases the durability of their wands. Link did not face 3 dragons before. You are assuming he easily puts the arrows where he wants to while avoiding three dragons breathing fire his way,

Three flames make it harder to defend against then one stream. They are also quicker.

Gandalf only did so to someone he was more powerful than. He isn't more powerful than Voldemort.

BloodRain
Link did not face 3 dragons before. You are assuming he easily puts the arrows where he wants to while avoiding three dragons breathing fire his way,

Three flames make it harder to defend against then one stream. They are also quicker.

Gandalf only did so to someone he was more powerful than. He isn't more powerful than Voldemort. Groups of creatures surrounding him with other shooting arrows.. groups of human blitzing, bomb tanking beasts... Yeah three dragons don't stand out so much. No I'm assuming that Link and his expert marksmanship (hitting a 2 inch pole from about 300ft away and below) will be able to successfully hit dragons without too much effort.

In this situation the dragons are equally surrounding him syncing up their flames? Faster?

Where was that ever stated or hinted at?

quanchi112
Groups of creatures surrounding him with other shooting arrows.. groups of human blitzing, bomb tanking beasts... Yeah three dragons don't stand out so much. No I'm assuming that Link and his expert marksmanship (hitting a 2 inch pole from about 300ft away and below) will be able to successfully hit dragons without too much effort.

In this situation the dragons are equally surrounding him syncing up their flames? Faster?

Where was that ever stated or hinted at? So you believe hitting three moving targets while attacking you is the same as one inanimate object standing still.

He can't block all three dragons attacking him if they attack at once.

Common sense otherwise he would have done it to Saruman the first time. Many believe the only reason he did so was because he banished him from the order. He was reborn as the white version Saruman should have been so he had the authority to expel him.

BloodRain
So you believe hitting three moving targets while attacking you is the same as one inanimate object standing still.
He can't block all three dragons attacking him if they attack at once.

Common sense otherwise he would have done it to Saruman the first time. Many believe the only reason he did so was because he banished him from the order. He was reborn as the white version Saruman should have been so he had the authority to expel him.Professionals who practices these shots can 'sometimes' hit a 48inch target from 200m on level ground. Link hitting a 2inch pole from 135m away, 90m above him would make him the envy of professional archers. The same guy who uses these skills in combat situations all the time will hit three dragons.

Fire-breathing, arrows, human-blitzing beasts. Same results from the other hoards.

Would need to see the thoughts behind that, seeing as the Witch King did the same thing to Gandalf. Leading to a second point; Whether their wands are connected to their powers in this way has nothing to do with Tom. LotR wands being magically durable from the wielders power in its own lore, not HP. In HP no such trait exists.

quanchi112
Professionals who practices these shots can 'sometimes' hit a 48inch target from 200m on level ground. Link hitting a 2inch pole from 135m away, 90m above him would make him the envy of professional archers. The same guy who uses these skills in combat situations all the time will hit three dragons.

Fire-breathing, arrows, human-blitzing beasts. Same results from the other hoards.

Would need to see the thoughts behind that, seeing as the Witch King did the same thing to Gandalf. Leading to a second point; Whether their wands are connected to their powers in this way has nothing to do with Tom. LotR wands being magically durable from the wielders power in its own lore, not HP. In HP no such trait exists. That isn't canon and does not need to happen. Depends on the skill of the player. You continue to do this all the time. Moving multiple targets which can kill you are different than calmly shooting a still target. There's no canon time it takes as well even if you tried clinging to this feat.

BloodRain
Excuses after excuse. Expert marksman + combat usage = dead dragons. And again, Link has taken hoards, and Bear > wolves.

So Dalf destroys Tom's wand?

quanchi112
Excuses after excuse. Expert marksman + combat usage = dead dragons. And again, Link has taken hoards, and Bear > wolves.

So Dalf destroys Tom's wand? No, as it isn't comparable. It isn't canon he is an expert marksman. Also not canon a specific time limit to properly aim.

Nope. Dalf only did so against characters he was more powerful than. Voldemort is more powerful than Gandalf.

ScreamPaste
This Quan guy, ignoring feats. Link's not even in this thread, IIRC? If he were he'd shoot down the dragons effortlessly though. Those arrows do not **** around.

Why isn't Quan lowballing Ganon like I expected him to be when I came in here?

quanchi112
This Quan guy, ignoring feats. Link's not even in this thread, IIRC? If he were he'd shoot down the dragons effortlessly though. Those arrows do not **** around.

Why isn't Quan lowballing Ganon like I expected him to be when I came in here? Based on what ?

I think Dorf gets incinerated personally.

BloodRain
No, as it isn't comparable. It isn't canon he is an expert marksman. Also not canon a specific time limit to properly aim.

Nope. Dalf only did so against characters he was more powerful than. Voldemort is more powerful than Gandalf. A set cutscene for doing so, and the challenge of it is needed to get the Hawkeye. He uses it in combat, a feat in itself as /any/ archer who could dispatch of enemies in a combat situation would be able to tag dragons.

Proof that HP wands have the same connection to the Wizards power as LotR staffs?

quanchi112
A set cutscene for doing so, and the challenge of it is needed to get the Hawkeye. He uses it in combat, a feat in itself as /any/ archer who could dispatch of enemies in a combat situation would be able to tag dragons.

Proof that HP wands have the same connection to the Wizards power as LotR staffs? It isn't canon though. It also isn't within a certain time limit with no danger at all being present.

If that is how the Lotr wands work then why prove it for HP wands ?

ScreamPaste
Needs to happen to beat the game.
Not canon.

Lel.

quanchi112
Needs to happen to beat the game.
Not canon.

Lel. No, you don't have to hit tha target. Not canon.

ScreamPaste
You need to hit it to get the hawk eye, you can't go to the hidden village without the hawk eye, and the game specifically meant for the hawk eye to be used during that and another section. It's canon.

You're still lowballing the wrong character, Quan. Ganon's here to one shot your boy Voldemort again. smile Except this time he'll be in a crowd and Ganon won't even notice Voldemort when he does it.

BloodRain
It isn't canon though. It also isn't within a certain time limit with no danger at all being present.

If that is how the Lotr wands work then why prove it for HP wands ? Canon scripted scene, item and location from it. And who needs a time limit and danger? That scene is to only prove his marksmanship compared to irl experts, who he'd dominate.
Going back to the real point here: Fighting a large, highly durable dragon is a tougher challenge than three small, not so durable dragons. Especially when from a combat archer with great marksmanship.

Because your 'overpowering' point only works in the LotR verse were staffs are magically powered by the wielder. If this trait is not present in HP, then Dalf's magic would not need to overpower Tom's, just be able to destroy his wand which as we've seen in-verse aren't notably durable.

quanchi112
You need to hit it to get the hawk eye, you can't go to the hidden village without the hawk eye, and the game specifically meant for the hawk eye to be used during that and another section. It's canon.

You're still lowballing the wrong character, Quan. Ganon's here to one shot your boy Voldemort again. smile Except this time he'll be in a crowd and Ganon won't even notice Voldemort when he does it. No, I didn't do so and that is bonus only. Not canon as it doesn't have to happen. So sad. laughing out loud

Dorf lost a long time ago. HP wipes their asses with Hyrule.

Voldemort kills whoever gets in his way.

quanchi112
Canon scripted scene, item and location from it. And who needs a time limit and danger? That scene is to only prove his marksmanship compared to irl experts, who he'd dominate.
Going back to the real point here: Fighting a large, highly durable dragon is a tougher challenge than three small, not so durable dragons. Especially when from a combat archer with great marksmanship.

Because your 'overpowering' point only works in the LotR verse were staffs are magically powered by the wielder. If this trait is not present in HP, then Dalf's magic would not need to overpower Tom's, just be able to destroy his wand which as we've seen in-verse aren't notably durable. It is not canon as it isn't absolutely necessary.

You want to compare apples to organs over and over again. He faced no danger so quit acting like it is the same thing.

If that is the only reason it works in his verse the only way it still works in a shared universe is due to this. Can't ignore reasons just because you want Dalf to win. He doesn't.

ScreamPaste
The game assumes you have it, it's canon. Trying to disregard feats he doesn't like, lel'd.

Best part is this occurs within like an hour of him obtaining the bow.

BloodRain
It is not canon as it isn't absolutely necessary.
You want to compare apples to organs over and over again. He faced no danger so quit acting like it is the same thing.

If that is the only reason it works in his verse the only way it still works in a shared universe is due to this. Can't ignore reasons just because you want Dalf to win. He doesn't. Its fine if you want to deny official things. Expert marksman is thus.
Can you confirm that three baby dragons would be the most threatening, challenging task Link has ever faced? Because I'd call that a Tuesday for him.

That's not how it works and you know it. If Van Helsing uses a cross to kill his vampires, he couldn't use it to kill Eric. The same way Pokemon lightning cant damage Pokemon earth, yet Naruto lightning destroys Naruto earth. Its the target which says what will work on them or not. LotR staffs do, HP wands do not. Its not hard to follow.

quanchi112
The game assumes you have it, it's canon. Trying to disregard feats he doesn't like, lel'd.

Best part is this occurs within like an hour of him obtaining the bow. No, it does not. I did not do so. It isn't canon just an option.

It is due to the skill of the player and nothing more.

quanchi112
Its fine if you want to deny official things. Expert marksman is thus.
Can you confirm that three baby dragons would be the most threatening, challenging task Link has ever faced? Because I'd call that a Tuesday for him.

That's not how it works and you know it. If Van Helsing uses a cross to kill his vampires, he couldn't use it to kill Eric. The same way Pokemon lightning cant damage Pokemon earth, yet Naruto lightning destroys Naruto earth. Its the target which says what will work on them or not. LotR staffs do, HP wands do not. Its not hard to follow. That isn't official. I went through the game and this never happened. laughing out loud

That is different entirely as he makes it through Zelda but this is a versus thread where the hero can die.

Lotr staffs only work due to being more powerful so we can't conveniently ignore the reasoning to sell your flimsy points.

ScreamPaste
So, to reiterate, you're trying to ignore Link's skill at archery in a thread he's not even in. Ha.

quanchi112
So, to reiterate, you're trying to ignore Link's skill at archery in a thread he's not even in. Ha. That isn't canon and is up to skill level of the player.

ScreamPaste
Beating the game at all is up to the skill of the player, this is a scripted event with cutscenes.

quanchi112
Beating the game at all is up to the skill of the player, this is a scripted event with cutscenes. It isn't canon as you don't have to do so. Not hard to follow.

ScreamPaste
So what you're saying is you have no argument? The developers expected us to and scripted the game to reward us for doing so.

quanchi112
So what you're saying is you have no argument? The developers expected us to and scripted the game to reward us for doing so. They gave the gamer the option. That doesn't make it canon. smile

ScreamPaste
That's cool, I'll just not read the parts of comicbooks Thanos is in, now he's non canon. haermm GJ, Quan.

This is not a secret unlock, easter egg, or bonus item, this is a scripted event with Link interacting with his supporting characters and showing off his archery skill.

quanchi112
That's cool, I'll just not read the parts of comicbooks Thanos is in, now he's non canon. haermm GJ, Quan.

This is not a secret unlock, easter egg, or bonus item, this is a scripted event with Link interacting with his supporting characters and showing off his archery skill. Thanos isn't in a video game where there are parts that don't need to take place to beat the game. That is not canon. It feels so good.

No, it isn't absolutely necessary. Not canon.

ScreamPaste
Thanos is a comicbook character, where there are parts of the story you don't need to read to enjoy the Marvel U.

So you're making shit up. Cool. Developers put it in and scripted it, game expects you to have it, and it's part of Link's interaction with his friends. Deal with it.

quanchi112
Thanos is a comicbook character, where there are parts of the story you don't need to read to enjoy the Marvel U.

So you're making shit up. Cool. Developers put it in and scripted it, game expects you to have it, and it's part of Link's interaction with his friends. Deal with it. Certain parts of his appearances aren't canon. In your world everything is. laughing out loud

It is optional therefore not canon. Can happen but does not have to. Bye bye feat.

ScreamPaste
In my world, also known as reality, we don't plug our ears and ignore every feat our opposition shows us.

So you have no argument and are making shit up again.

quanchi112
In my world, also known as reality, we don't plug our ears and ignore every feat our opposition shows us.

So you have no argument and are making shit up again. It is not canon. You wank Zelda and its known to all.

It isn't absolutely necessary thus isn't canon.

ScreamPaste
Circular reasoning from Quan, saw it coming. "It's non canon because I say so."

Devs > You.

quanchi112
Circular reasoning from Quan, saw it coming. "It's non canon because I say so."

Devs > You. You can beat the game without doing so. Not canon.

ScreamPaste
So again you're using circular reasoning to avoid feats. Herp.

quanchi112
So again you're using circular reasoning to avoid feats. Herp. That isn't a feat since I beat the game. It's a possibility but completely hinges on the skill of the player.

ScreamPaste
Entire game hinges on the skill of the player. I guess Link just walked through the game tanking hits from every boss and enemy because using your shield is dependent on the skill of the player.

quanchi112
Entire game hinges on the skill of the player. I guess Link just walked through the game tanking hits from every boss and enemy because using your shield is dependent on the skill of the player. I beat the game without seeing this so it means it isn't canon.

NotAllThatEvil
... or you aren't vary good at video games...

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
... or you aren't vary good at video games... It was just a shitty Zelda game. I beat it. Awful repetitive series.

NotAllThatEvil
How many zelda games have you beat?

quanchi112
How many zelda games have you beat? 2nd one, ALTTP, and Tp.

NotAllThatEvil
You thought adventures of link was repetitive and easy?

ScreamPaste
You thought adventures of link was repetitive and easy?
When he says 'beat' I'm fairly sure he means 'played when I was young' in terms of LoZ2 and aLttP, his knowledge of those games is pretty spotty. shrug

quanchi112
You thought adventures of link was repetitive and easy? The whole dungeon thing is repetitive and lame.

quanchi112
When he says 'beat' I'm fairly sure he means 'played when I was young' in terms of LoZ2 and aLttP, his knowledge of those games is pretty spotty. shrug I beat them when I was young. If I included games I played I'd include the first and OOT.

ScreamPaste
You can't beat OoT while in your 30's, you expect me to believe you ever beat LoZ2, or aLttP?

quanchi112
You can't beat OoT while in your 30's, you expect me to believe you ever beat LoZ2, or aLttP? Yes, and age does not really matter here. Why would I lie about beating certain ones ?

BloodRain
That isn't official. I went through the game and this never happened.
That is different entirely as he makes it through Zelda but this is a versus thread where the hero can die.

Lotr staffs only work due to being more powerful so we can't conveniently ignore the reasoning to sell your flimsy points. Yeah I just said you want to ignore official items etc. Expert marksman is thus.
You didnt answer the question. Can you state that baby dragons would be more challenging than what he's faced throughout TP? Yes or no?

LotR staffs need to be overpowered, HP wands do not. HP wants get destroyed by simple force and weak magic spells hitting them so are not the same durability wise.

quanchi112
Yeah I just said you want to ignore official items etc. Expert marksman is thus.
You didnt answer the question. Can you state that baby dragons would be more challenging than what he's faced throughout TP? Yes or no?

LotR staffs need to be overpowered, HP wands do not. HP wants get destroyed by simple force and weak magic spells hitting them so are not the same durability wise. It isn't absolutely necessary so it isn't canon.

Tree dragons at once would be harder to beat than what he faced,

Hp wands needs to be overpowered since that is the only way Lotr wands destroy them.

ScreamPaste
Yes, and age does not really matter here. Why would I lie about beating certain ones ?
The same reason you make up random shit to support your stances?

It isn't absolutely necessary so it isn't canon.

Hp wands needs to be overpowered since that is the only way Lotr wands destroy them.
Devs > You

No, lol.

Don't care about this point.

Ganon solos.

BloodRain
Actually Scream I'd like your opinion about the wand issue just so I know which side holds more water.

LotR lore has it that you destroy a wizards staff by being stronger than the wielder. HP lore has no such trait and can be destroyed by most things. Would Dalf need to overpower Tom's magic to destroy his wand, or just destroy his wand because it lacks durability?
It isn't absolutely necessary so it isn't canon.

Hp wands needs to be overpowered since that is the only way Lotr wands destroy them. You may as well start stating that that item doesn't exist at all. Its denying official material. Hell you could even take away the 'expert' part and just call Link a 'decent' archer and the same conclusion can be drawn.

Care to prove this?

No, that's the method to destroy LotR staffs, not HP wands. Stop avoiding the fact here.

ScreamPaste
Well, I've barely been paying attention to that point tbh, but looking over what's being said on this page...

This point doesn't make any sense. Nothing stops force being applied to an HP wand by a wizard's staff just because the method of destroying a wizard's staff is different. An HP wand is not a wizard's staff, it's a stick with a magical core and it's used differently and has the durability of a stick with a magical core. We know they break in universe from use and are even repaired with tape, lol.

I'm of the mind that if we're talking specifically about a spell clash that it might be harder under that circumstance but Gandalf should win that anyway.

So in short, a wand is not a wizard staff, it's rules are not the same.

quanchi112
The same reason you make up random shit to support your stances?

Devs > You

No, lol.

Don't care about this point.

Ganon solos. I cite evidence for my theories. I don't care what needs think.

It isn't canon just a possibility. He can also miss.

You concede.

He couldn't even defeat sages or Link. Guy is a failure.

quanchi112
Actually Scream I'd like your opinion about the wand issue just so I know which side holds more water.

LotR lore has it that you destroy a wizards staff by being stronger than the wielder. HP lore has no such trait and can be destroyed by most things. Would Dalf need to overpower Tom's magic to destroy his wand, or just destroy his wand because it lacks durability?
You may as well start stating that that item doesn't exist at all. Its denying official material. Hell you could even take away the 'expert' part and just call Link a 'decent' archer and the same conclusion can be drawn.

Care to prove this?

No, that's the method to destroy LotR staffs, not HP wands. Stop avoiding the fact here. It isn't canon just a possibility. You can miss too. You are saying he hits first shot without even needing to ompletrlynchqning fame here.

3 dragons breathing fire from three different angles makes it pretty clear.

The same mets applies as its just a staff without a wizard wielding it.

ScreamPaste
I cite evidence for my theories. I don't care what needs think.

It isn't canon just a possibility. He can also miss.

You concede.

He couldn't even defeat sages or Link. Guy is a failure.
Then prove, with evidence, that anyone in this thread has a hope against Ganondorf.

Devs > You.

Ganon soloes with a twilight field.

quanchi112
Then prove, with evidence, that anyone in this thread has a hope against Ganondorf.

Devs > You.

Ganon soloes with a twilight field. Ak, destroy his body, Crucio.

It isn't canon.

Show him using this in combat.

NotAllThatEvil
Except Ak has absolutely no effect on the body...

quanchi112
Except Ak has absolutely no effect on the body... Ak kills him or destroying his body by blasting or fire snake.

NotAllThatEvil
Which of his spells destroys bodies?

ScreamPaste
Ak, destroy his body, Crucio.

It isn't canon.

Show him using this in combat.
Too much magic resistance, too durable, too much magic resistance.

Devs > You

Zant did so against Lanayru. Show AK killing someone with magic resistance. smile

quanchi112
Which of his spells destroys bodies? Fire snake. Shield destroying blast.

quanchi112
So, to reiterate, you're trying to ignore Link's skill at archery in a thread he's not even in. Ha. That is not canon. Let it go.

ScreamPaste
Too much magic resistance, too durable, too much magic resistance.

Devs > You

Zant did so against Lanayru. Show AK killing someone with magic resistance. smile

quanchi112
Prove it.

ScreamPaste
Concession accepted.

quanchi112
Concession accepted. You made claims you cannot back.

ScreamPaste
It's simple, you failed to counter my points and have provided no evidence of your own.

quanchi112
It's simple, you failed to counter my points and have provided no evidence of your own. You just conceded.

ScreamPaste
It's simple, you failed to counter my points and have provided no evidence of your own.
L2debate.

quanchi112
L2debate. You already conceded. Move on.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>