Barsen'thor vs Darth Nox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Both are at full health as their end game selves. The fight takes place on the Death Star, in the throne room where Starkiller fought Sidious. Light Side Barsen'thor, Dark Side Nox.

Round 1: Just them, mano a mano.

Round 2: The Barsen'thor gets Qyzen and Darth Nox gets Khem Val as melee support.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Nephthys
Both are at full health as their end game selves. The fight takes place on the Death Star, in the throne room where Starkiller fought Sidious. Light Side Barsen'thor, Dark Side Nox.

Round 1: Just them, mano a mano.

Round 2: The Barsen'thor gets Qyzen and Darth Nox gets Khem Val as melee support.

Not fair. Give the Barsen'thor Nadia Grell. Khem Val has a Sith Lord possessing him by the end of the plotline.

As for this match. I'd say the Barsen'thor. I think the First Son was a ****ing titan to shield the Children from the Jedi Order's vision.
First Son>Dark Council Member

Nephthys
And Qyzen kills Rancors with their own teeth (or was it a claw?). Zash can't use the Force while in Khem so shes not much use anyway.

Maybe so, but Darth Nox utterly owned Thanaton whereas the Barsen'thor wasn't shown to be particularly high above the First Son. So even if First Son > Dark Council Member, Darth Nox >>> Dark Council Member.

NewGuy01
Darth Nox FTW

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nox isn't a conventional adversary; he is too powerful and dangerous for most individuals in the mythos.

Darth Thanaton (canonically a supremely powerful Sith Lord) was no match for him. I don't who or how many would be required to handle Darth Nox.

NewGuy01
Can anyone provide specific feats for Darth Nox, by the way? Besides defeating Thanaton?

Nephthys
I've destroyed rock with lightning in a cutscene once.

Also I've not got to it yet but apparantly they augment their body with Rakata tech to make it 'indestructable' or something. I'll update when I get to it.

NewGuy01
Well, Barsen'thor is showing up Nox a bit then. They've blasted through blast doors, lifted large chunks of metal and thrown them like a stick, and stopped lightsaber strikes with the Force.

Destroying rock with Force Lightning is indeed impressive, but unless they have more to show for their power, I might name Barsen'thor the victor, even though my gut is telling me to vote for Nox.

Is there anything else you can recall?

Nephthys
No. Other than beating Khem Val as an acolyte, which is pretty impressive. Maybe if someone can track down Janus he can give more details. He's completed the class story.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Can anyone provide specific feats for Darth Nox, by the way? Besides defeating Thanaton?
Just watch this battle:

R1zAMyvfAVo

12:43 to 14:43

Look at the firepower that Nox tolerated. On top of this, look at how Nox literally manhandled an individual like Thanaton with his power. I mean, come on, Thanaton is already an ELITE level individual.

Darth Thanaton's firepower:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100719141040/starwars/images/5/5d/HornyBeast-BotETBW.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d1/HornyBeastDeathThrows-BotETBW.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130206051506/starwars/images/a/ab/ThanatonKalligLightning01.jpg

NewGuy01
Yeah but in that clip doesn't he use the power of some sort of spirits that he "absolves" after the battle or something? That was just my interpretation though, I haven't played that far in the story line.

Nephthys
Only if he's lightsided does he free the spirits at the end of the storyline. Canonically and in this thread he is darksided and didn't do that. Darth Nox is the title you get if you're darksided.

steveholt956
I've played the sith inquisitor storyline twice. Darth Nox is a powerhouse. I've played the Barsen'thor storyline once. He just doesn't compare.

Nephthys
Ah, if so can you tell me whats up with the body Nox gets? I know that the inquisitor can't contain the spirits and upgrades their body somehow, but can you enlighten me on the details?

steveholt956
From what I remember, he learns a technique that allows him to contain their spirits. I believe this happens on Voss.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah but in that clip doesn't he use the power of some sort of spirits that he "absolves" after the battle or something? That was just my interpretation though, I haven't played that far in the story line.
Nox permanently possesses those spirits; he transformed in to a supernatural being.

Mizukage Yoda
Darth Nox also isn't really a top tier in the Empire. Darths Marr, Ravage and Mortis are the top three dogs.

NewGuy01
So from someone who's finished the Darkside Sith Inquisitor Storyline--Are there any cutscene feats other than the final battle that show anything more impressive than the Barsen'thors feat of blasting through a... Well, blast door.

S_W_LeGenD
Also, keep in mind that Thanaton's lightning can destroy even metal and/or armored objects. These feats are in the comics.

Nephthys
Bump.

I'm curious about how people rate these guys after I've compiled their respect threads.

Ignore the second round though. I'm not curious about these two stacking up against each other.

The_Tempest
I've got your stack right here.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_majf03J4861qgrg12o1_500.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I stand by Darth Nox on this.

Nephthys
I might be inclined to agree, only because I think Nox has a lightsaber edge. But the Barsen'thor seems like the more skillful combatant all around....

Plus she's much smarter than Nox.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
But the Barsen'thor seems like the more skillful combatant all around....

Plus she's much smarter than Nox.

How so on both points?

Nephthys
The Barsen'thor is said to 'embody true skill' and theres the fact that she was so impressive in her battle against Nalen Raloch that Qyzen becomes convinced shes his deities herald and even Satele is extremely impressed. And of course theres beating Vivicar, which indicates great skill imo.

Nox isn't particularly bright. Which is odd since Bioware advertised the Inquisitor class as a Sidious-esque mastermind when Nox is almost a thug who ascends just through sheer power and rarely has any initiative or ideas of her own. The Consular in comparison is extremely wise, knowledgeable and intelligent, with many characters admiring her mind.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nox is skilled enough (combat wise, which is what this is all about) to defeat Paladius in saber combat far before her prime, and having lost her force connection to an extreme extent.

One does not bring down Thanaton's power base and become a master of the dark side without a great deal of cunning.

Nephthys
Yeah, I agree Nox is likely the better swordsman. I just think the Barsen'thor is more skillful in general. She has much more training than Nox does and is a genius prodigy in general. Also the Barsen'thor is weakened throughout Act 1 so I'm generally more impressed with her still running around and taking names while debilitated.

Lol. Well, I actually did bring down his power base and become a darkside master and I sure didn't do it through cunning. Nox is just told what to do by her ancestral Sith ghost grandaddy, Zash and others. Her contribution is usually purely in killing stuff. One particularly dumb moment is when she totally trusts Thanaton and wonders into the tomb of an angry Sith spirit on his orders.... when shes already done that before and gotten pwned for it. Kallig even lampshades how spectacularly dumb this was.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I suppose I can say that the Barsen'thor was wiser/smarter. How would that compensate for Nox's superior lightsaber skill? In terms of tactical competency, both are probably around the same level.

Intrepid37
Barsen'thor imo.

Petrus
I think they're even. Maybe Barsen'thor is a little bit higher in my power rankings.
His accolades are extremely impressive, and so are his feats. If we compare their feats and accolades toe-to-toe, the Barsen'thor comes out on top, I think.

Nephthys
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I suppose I can say that the Barsen'thor was wiser/smarter. How would that compensate for Nox's superior lightsaber skill? In terms of tactical competency, both are probably around the same level.

I didn't say she does compensate for it. Quite the opposite in fact. Though I do think she has superior tactical ability than Nox.

I'm not sure if lightsabers would matter much tbh. Both are heavily Force-based.

I see them as about equal. Maaaybe Nox edges it.

Nephthys
Bump x 2 combo!

For the record, I'm probably going with Nox now, after Supreme found that quote about lightsaber skill. Still very close.

S_W_LeGenD
This is the situation:-

Darth Nox:

- Overwhelming raw power (Unnatural)*
- Absolute master of the Force
- Great martial skills

Bersen'thor

- Great raw power (Natural)
- Absolute master of the Force
- Decent martial skills
- Brilliant tactician

*Like a potent Strike Team packed into one being. Also, it is not even clear what works on him to bring him down. He is like a bulldozer.

Stealth Moose
Good point on how dumb Nox could be. That storyline, while pretty good compared to some junk we're forcefed, could have used some more cunning added to it.

Also, Nox with prep wins, since he has access to all the knowledge of the Dark Council by virtue of memorizing the Dewey decimal system and being their librarian/reference desk representative.

Taay'hai
I'm assuming Barsen'thor is a Jedi Shadow and Darth Nox in Sith Sorcerer.

In which case, Nox wins.

Stealth Moose
After rereading Nox's respect thread, I think Nox has the edge.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Taay'hai
I'm assuming Barsen'thor is a Jedi Shadow and Darth Nox in Sith Sorcerer.

In which case, Nox wins.

The Barsen'thor is very obviously a Sage and Nox is very obviously a Sorcerer imo. Thor uses powerful telekinesis and healing powers in cutscenes, never invisibility or stealth and in Makeb she's seen having visions of the future, which is about as Sage-like as it gets.

Petrus
That's true enough, but what makes you think Nox is a Sorc? I haven't finished playing the Sith Inq storyline, but as far as I've seen, there hasn't been one cut-scene which indicates he's a Sorc and not an Ass. In fact, given that it's said he's very proficient with a lightsaber, I'd say he's an Ass.

Pun intended.

Nephthys
Pretty much the same reason. He uses lightning, tk and sorcery in cutscenes instead of assassin abilities like invisibility. He performs force rituals, drain life force from people etc. When you look at the final fight with Thanaton, do you see a sorcerer or a assassin?

Also in both cases the characters get special single-bladed lightsabers in the story and in cutscenes they prefer to wield lightsabers like they're singles. I think I've actually had my Consular pull a single-bladed lightsaber out of her ass for one cutscene, while her double was still on her hip.

(this is true for all classes btw. They'll always only use one weapon in cutscenes instead of dual wielding)

Stealth Moose
Good points.

Petrus
Interesting. This makes me want to go back in time an make my Inq a Sorc. sad

Plus, they say Sorc dps is ****ing awesome. The problem I had at first with Sorc is that they are purely ranged, while I prefered to employ a combination of lightsaber and Force abilities.

Stealth Moose
I wish TOR would allow for replaying of cutscenes, and more class content.

Also, Sorc can handle up-close well enough. While range is IMO preferable (and deadly in PVP), the ability to do sick damage is just a whole lot of fun. With proper burst and correct utilization of my skills, I can zap down elite gold mooks in mere seconds, whereas a Jedi Shadow of the same level (a friend of mine) struggles comparatively.

Also, Lightning tree ftw.

Nephthys
Thanks. For the record, based on the class descriptions I posted yesterday and my impressions while playing, my opinion on the other classes is:

Smuggler - Scoundrel (all about unconventional fighting, dirty tricks and stealth)

Agent - Operative (Stealth stealth stealth. Probably can still use a sniper based on class descriptions and some story elements)

Trooper - Vanguard (Holonet and Torhead mentions blast rifles instead of gatling guns.)

Bounty Hunter - Probably a blend. Lots on mentions of missiles, but also likely a single pistol user. Powertech if anything.

Knight - Dunno. Seems like a Guardian, but the holonet profile mentions grace and acrobatics.

Warrior - Juggernaut. But DPS focused since lore is all about aggression and battering down opponents.

Originally posted by Petrus
Interesting. This makes me want to go back in time an make my Inq a Sorc. sad

Plus, they say Sorc dps is ****ing awesome. The problem I had at first with Sorc is that they are purely ranged, while I prefered to employ a combination of lightsaber and Force abilities.

I prefer Shadow/Assassin gameplay anyway. Its a bit more fun running around, stabbing people in the back and stuff. So don't feel too bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.