The DOS killing blows vs The impact of Hulk & Ironclad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Which was more impressive and how would you compare them?

carver9
No comparison. Hulk and Iron blows is on a different level.

abhilegend
Lets see, one killed two legit above class 100 beings and shook the planet to its core and other didn't even KO a class 65 being in Iron clad and the only thing worth of it was the shockwaves pouring through the several doors in crossroads of all realities to different realities. Tough choice. What say you carver?

Naija boy
Hulk and Iron clad was far superior. not even comparable.

iscaremonkeys
Hulk and IC.
The combined might of the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four could not even put a scratch in Onslaught's armor. Hulk got angry....punched it. Shit cracked

Endless Mike
It showed landscapes in different dimensions crumbling, and stated that it reverberated throughout infinite dimensions.

Even if it had only released enough energy to move a single atom in each of those dimensions, the energy released would have still been infinite in total.

That's why I look on that as an outlier feat and don't really take it seriously. Because I doubt even Carter believes the Hulk is literally infinitely powerful.

carver9
By the way, Ironclad was amped when he faced Hulk. All of the UFoes were amped.

-Pr-
Don't think I remember the Hulk one. Anyone got the scans handy, please?

juggernaut74
Ironclad usually gets his @ss kicked when he fights Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Here you go:
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/fd94c647a7

Another huge feat against the U-Foes for Hulk:
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/3efef12142
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/61f38505b9
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/2057a235f0
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/e255e809cd

He also clapped out that Cosmos and has a bunch of feats from the Crossroads.

Endless Mike
Vector is such an underrated character.

-Pr-
Oh THAT.

Probably that, even if I don't rate it as highly as some might. It's still more impressive than what Superman and DD did, imo.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Here you go:

He also clapped out that Cosmos and has a bunch of feats from the Crossroads. Later on in that very same issue Hulk two-shotted Ironclad.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lets see, one killed two legit above class 100 beings and shook the planet to its core and other didn't even KO a class 65 being in Iron clad and the only thing worth of it was the shockwaves pouring through the several doors in crossroads of all realities to different realities. Tough choice. What say you carver? lol, you're so full of shit

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Hulk is such an underrated character.

-Pr-
Hulk isn't underrated. He's either loved, hated, or something in between.

Don't mistake disdain for ignorance.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by carver9

Maybe compared to...

No, actually, he's not underrated compared to anyone.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hulk isn't underrated. He's either loved, hated, or something in between.

Don't mistake disdain for ignorance.

I'm actually a Hulk fan but certain extreme fanboys can make you start to hate a character you used to like.

dmills
Tell him how you really feel psycho lol.

-Pr-
I'm actually a Hulk fan but certain extreme fanboys can make you start to hate a character you used to like.

That happened a lot with Storm back in the day.

When I start to feel that dislike coming on, I just remember that I probably know more than the other person does about the character, and I take comfort in them not really knowing what they're talking about.

That way, my idea of what the character is, is kept intact.

dmills

When I start to feel that dislike coming on, I just remember that I probably know more than the other person does about the character, and I take comfort in them not really knowing what they're talking about.

Too reasonable.

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
Too reasonable.

Pr has done a complete 360 within that small gap he was away from KMC. I think he needed a vacay (aka; vacation).

Nibedicus
I think you mean 180. A 360 would put him back where he started. stick out tongue

dynamix
Here you go:

He also clapped out that Cosmos and has a bunch of feats from the Crossroads.

wow...that was pretty impressive! "I've wipped away worlds but you continue to advance" possibly hyperbole but if not, it goes to show Hulk's durability when tested. good stuff, Rage.

psycho gundam
I'm actually a Hulk fan but certain extreme fanboys can make you start to hate a character you used to like. sounds like a job explanation for superman

Endless Mike
Originally posted by dynamix
wow...that was pretty impressive! "I've wipped away worlds but you continue to advance" possibly hyperbole but if not, it goes to show Hulk's durability when tested. good stuff, Rage.

It's not because he was once trapped in a dimension where he had to continually repel the mass of an entire planet from crushing him.

Raisen
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I think you mean 180. A 360 would put him back where he started. stick out tongue
i'm pretty sure carver has said that exact same thing before. he never learns; but he's a hulk fan so I forgive him.

Raisen
really surprised that nobody has made a joke out of the BLOWS part.

golem370
If they leave Superman's strength level up to writers then why not Hulk'strength as well?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Raisen
really surprised that nobody has made a joke out of the BLOWS part.
Why should they?

Raisen
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Why should they?

ugh

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by psycho gundam
sounds like a job explanation for superman
That's an essential part of the average Super-wankerer's resume.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Raisen
ugh
No really, explain it to me why should anyone do such a thing?

TheGodKiller

Storm was a hated character as well during my time on comicvine.

Though not as much as Cyttorak. The wankfests that fanboys engage in on this forum is nothing compared to some of the ridiculous sh1t I often read on that board.

-Pr-
Storm was a hated character as well during my time on comicvine.

Though not as much as Cyttorak. The wankfests that fanboys engage in on this forum is nothing compared to some of the ridiculous sh1t I often read on that board.

People care about Cyttorak enough to hate him?

TheGodKiller
People care about Cyttorak enough to hate him?
If you've been on comicvine, and read some of the horrid bs that is put forth as "arguments" for him, then yeah, I guess so.

Rao Kal El
There is nothing to compare, tbh.

Writters have different point of views and portrayals.

Hulks is more impressive on this particular two feats but then if you consider that DOS DD survived an explosion that open a hole in space and superman survived a "supernova" blast (from starbreaker) all under Dan Jurgens. Then probably that means that Jurgens thinks that it will require more force than a supernova to kill Superman even if he does not portray that in the DOS arc.

So yes Hulks looks much better though is not like supermans feat was the best one to compare against one of hulks best punching feats.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
There is nothing to compare, tbh.

Writters have different point of views and portrayals.

Hulks is more impressive on this particular two feats but then if you consider that DOS DD survived an explosion that open a hole in space and superman survived a "supernova" blast (from starbreaker) all under Dan Jurgens. Then probably that means that Jurgens thinks that it will require more force than a supernova to kill Superman even if he does not portray that in the DOS arc.

So yes Hulks looks much better though is not like supermans feat was the best one to compare against one of hulks best punching feats.
Savage Hulk's feat in this case is an extreme outlier which probably shits all over even WBH's dark dimension adventure, but you can't deny that in this particular comparison, the green goliath comes on top of the man of steel.

psycho gundam
That's an essential part of the average Super-wankerer's resume.

and there it is

janus77
It's not even that extreme an outlier. I keep on reminding people of his universe outpouring feat, during the Onslaught saga. Hulk literally formed a doorway between the Franklin created universe and mainstream 616, with all the energy pouring through him.

That shits over the feat in question here. And even more than that, there's the Savage Hulk punch at the nexus of all realities, that one shook an infinite number of worlds.

There are quite a few other absurd Savage Hulk feats.

If you take his high end feats and compare them against your average Skyfather, Savage Hulk comes out as being far more impressive, to be frank.

Rao Kal El
Savage Hulk's feat in this case is an extreme outlier which probably shits all over even WBH's dark dimension adventure, but you can't deny that in this particular comparison, the green goliath comes on top of the man of steel.

Yes, his feat is better than superman's. But I don't think is superman's best.

golem370
Superman iis a fanboy wriers wet dream, because they can have him do anything without repercussions.
You say acting like its just a Superman feat only.

Rao Kal El
???

psycho gundam
the thread is turning ugly now

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by golem370
Superman iis a fanboy wriers wet dream, because they can have him do anything without repercussions.
You say acting like its just a Superman feat only.

Greg Pak.

JakeTheBank
As far as this thread, Hulk/Iron Clad.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/pak.jpg

TheGodKiller
the thread is turning ugly now
Which thread(that involves Hulk/Superman/Thor/Surfer) doesn't?

psycho gundam
i mean that at this point it's now crossed the event horizon into butthurt. the longer it goes on the more stretching and ripping occurs

TheGodKiller
i mean that at this point it's now crossed the event horizon into butthurt. the longer it goes on the more stretching and ripping occurs
There can no "longer it goes on" once one crosses the event horizon. It's just instantaneous spaghetification. Or butthurtification in this case.

psycho gundam
pr will close it first, it's a metaphor for superman escaping the "butthurtification" pull before it becomes part of the sphincteral singularity where the hulk, surfer, and thor threads are

Rao Kal El
Why is it turning ugly?

Hulk's feat is better and more impresive.

But why paired one of hulks best vs an average feat?

golem370
I mean it is also a Doomsday feat too.

golem370
Well not my point that one shot could have killed Superman and Doomsday. Also a feat where Superman kills someone powerful enough to kill him is pretty impressive.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Why is it turning ugly?

Hulk's feat is better and more impresive.

But why paired one of hulks best vs an average feat? all for this gem, probably:

Originally posted by abhilegend
Lets see, one killed two legit above class 100 beings and shook the planet to its core and other didn't even KO a class 65 being in Iron clad and the only thing worth of it was the shockwaves pouring through the several doors in crossroads of all realities to different realities. Tough choice. What say you carver?

TheGodKiller
^That gem's not relevant anymore, seeing as the jeweler who put it out in the open is now gone.

JakeTheBank
lol

I told him he'd get Phantom Zone'd. *shrug*

Rao Kal El
all for this gem, probably:

And it has to do more with and artist or wirters portrayal.

DD who is a class 100 has survived explosions that caused holes in space yet he gets killed by a blow that shatters windows all this under the same writer.

So, even if Hulks feat is more impressive in my eyes. Abhi is probably refering to what Superman or DD had endured before and maybe if the blow did not seemed that hard on the writers eyes, it was. KNOWING that Jurgens thinks Superman can survive a supernova but not doomsday it should mean something.

And tbh, even if i think hulks feat is more impressive, the context behind, BOTH feats make them look different in the end.

In terms of a physical portrayal hulks look better, but if you consider that doomsday blow killed someone who can tank atomization or any of those other things Jurgens thinks superman can survive, then the conclusion might look different.

This is always writers portrayal in the end and even under the same writer there is aways contradictions.

cdtm
It showed landscapes in different dimensions crumbling, and stated that it reverberated throughout infinite dimensions.

Even if it had only released enough energy to move a single atom in each of those dimensions, the energy released would have still been infinite in total.

That's why I look on that as an outlier feat and don't really take it seriously. Because I doubt even Carter believes the Hulk is literally infinitely powerful.

I agree with this.. It's a nice feat if you're a Hulk fan, but pretty much cosmic cheese stuff that Marvel seems fond of.

Even under the same writers, you rarely see this kind of thing in DC, for some reason, excepting the odd Morrison story.

golem370
Its been stated in comic book that he has unlimited strength which Is saying it all.

Rao Kal El
In short what jurgens might think it can barely kill superman it might atomize the Hulk or viceversa. It works bothways for hulk or superman or anyhero.

golem370
I said this once before that in comic books if the writers want Superman or Hulk to lift something they will lift it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There is a reoccurring habit I see a lot. Not only the inability to just say Superman loses and moving on, but the need to explain why it's not fair and how he'd possibly win.

It could be Superman vs. Galactus, but instead of just saying Galactus wins, we get a paragraph of how Superman would win if he had the Cosmic Armor etc.

I find it kind of funny and it's what separates Kal-Qeada from Thor bags and such.

cdtm
But many do admit he loses. PR's a fan, and he's admitted this many times.

How many Superman fanboys are on KMC, really?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I didn't give specific names. shifty

But I digress, that was probably in poor taste. Moving on, I think Hulk obviously wins.

golem370
His is not just a Superman vs Hulk thread its really not even a person vs person fight, its a impact vs thread really. This is also not a Superman vs Hulk fight if its anything like that its a impact of Doomsday & Superman vs the impact of Hulk & Ironclad.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by golem370
I said this once before that in comic books if the writers want Superman or Hulk to lift something they will lift it.

I think it will be intreting to compare how certain heroes are portrayed under the same writers. And yes it is entirely up to the writer to decide waht the hero can or can't achieve in the end.

-Pr-
There is a reoccurring habit I see a lot. Not only the inability to just say Superman loses and moving on, but the need to explain why it's not fair and how he'd possibly win.

It could be Superman vs. Galactus, but instead of just saying Galactus wins, we get a paragraph of how Superman would win if he had the Cosmic Armor etc.

I find it kind of funny and it's what separates Kal-Qeada from Thor bags and such.

Nice of you to tar people with the same brush because of one person. erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nice of you to tar people with the same brush because of one person. erm

Generalizations ftw!

-Pr-
Generalizations ftw!

Only if we include some of the Thor stuff at the same time... mmm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Only if we include some of the Thor stuff at the same time... mmm

You wanna fight?

-Pr-
You wanna fight?

Not when your sig is so adorable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not when your sig is so adorable.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/039/f/c/happy__fairy_tail_by_yee_heartifilia-d394unj.jpg

psycho gundam

I find it kind of funny and it's what separates Kal-Qeada from Thor bags and such. tabernacle!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
How many Superman fanboys are on KMC, really?

Enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.