NR Luke vs Scourge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pencilcrayon
Setting: Open field on Naboo ( round 1 )
the Senate Chamber ( round 2 )

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

Nephthys
What do you mean by NR Luke?

pencilcrayon
~ANH to RotJ some time around that

Intrepid37
The closer to RotJ, the bigger chance there is of Luke winning.

Nephthys
Scourge wins imo.

pencilcrayon
Luke's deflected from a dozen shooters simultaneously. Scourge had trouble in a factory with much less attackers, and he was even struck by a blaster bolt.

Nephthys
Wasn't that because they were droids and he couldn't draw on their emotions?

pencilcrayon
He got shot by one of the two featless bounty hunters. These are flesh targets and he still got shot.

Nephthys
Oh well.

Considering that was 300 years before his peak it's quite irrelevent. I'm sure his lightsaber defenses have improved since then (plus TOR-era Bounty Hunters are beastly). He has a kill count of over a thousand Sith Lords and a hundred powerful Jedi. He can take Luke.

truejedi
Yeah, young featless Luke is young and featless.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
He got shot by one of the two featless bounty hunters. These are flesh targets and he still got shot.
Featless? This an extremely poor argument. You focus on the holistic picture of characters in question and not just feats; it is obvious that many characters in the mythos have not been properly explored but their reputation can offer hints.

Nyriss handpicked those bounty hunters to evaluate Scourge's combat abilities; this should tell you something about their reputation. On top of this, the fact that they managed to score a hit on Scourge, is an indication that they are not to be underestimated.

In the novel, Scourge is in development phase. By the end of the novel, he had addressed all of his shortcomings.

As far as the contest is concerned:-

If Scourge (normal) is considered:

1. Scourge
2. Scourge
3. Scourge

If Scourge (Emperor's Wrath) is considered:

1. Scourge (utterly)
2. Scourge (utterly)
3. Scourge (utterly)

Luke, prior to DE, is outclassed in this contest.

Against Emperor's Wrath incarnation, (Post-DE) Luke would be decent candidate.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
The closer to RotJ, the bigger chance there is of Luke winning.
No.

Intrepid37
RotJ Luke is equal to RotJ Vader in terms of skill. Scourge isn't beating Vader.

S_W_LeGenD
RotJ Luke is equal to RotJ Vader in terms of skill. Scourge isn't beating Vader.
Why not? In the big picture, many individuals rival or exceed Vader in power. Some even during Force Wars era; one such individual send Vader packing and destroyed/infected his companions in the process.

Vader might win and/or loose against Scourge (normal) depending upon circumstances, factors and variables; he would be more powerful then Scourge (normal) but can loose to him in a lightsaber duel. Scourge (normal) is as powerful as Meetra Surik and she is among the heavy-weights of the mythos. The Emperor's Wrath incarnation is exponentially more powerful and logically too tough for even Vader.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Why not? In the big picture, many individuals rival or exceed Vader in power. Some even during Force Wars era; one such individual send Vader packing and destroyed/infected his companions in the process.

Vader might win and/or loose against Scourge (normal) depending upon circumstances, factors and variables; he would be more powerful then Scourge (normal) but can loose to him in a lightsaber duel. Scourge (normal) is as powerful as Meetra Surik and she is among the heavy-weights of the mythos. The Emperor's Wrath incarnation is exponentially more powerful and logically too tough for even Vader.
The word "many" here represents elites of different eras in the whole history of the mythos.

Of-course, Vader is far more powerful then countless individuals in the Galaxy during his era just like other elites.

Intrepid37
I don't see Scourge as impressive as you do. Vader, on the other hand, can boast hype of being 80% of Sidious, has fought equally with Luke and Marek, has thrown ships and collapsed cathedrals etc.

S_W_LeGenD
I don't see Scourge as impressive as you are. Vader, on the other hand, can boast hype of being 80% of Sidious, has fought equally with Luke and Marek, has thrown ships and collapsed cathedrals etc.
Any powerful and well-trained Force-user can perform impressive acts with his/her telekinetic abilities; raw power based limits would still apply. Fundamental issue is that some characters have explicit feats or better explored in the use of the Force then others; Marek is a decent example of this but his limitations are also apparent from his performances against other powerful opponents.

I do believe that Vader is more powerful then Scourge (normal); though Scourge can edge him out in a lightsaber duel.

Most importantly, Emperor's Wrath is not a normal incarnation; it is a Sith Sorcery based incarnation. Scourge is (artificially) extraordinarily capable in this incarnation. I regard this incarnation as an example of an anomaly like Nihilus. This incarnation has extraordinary kill record to boot (victims include many "powerful" individuals).

Being 80% of G-canon Sidious is impressive; however, their is 20% gap in between. Regardless, Sidious became much more powerful after his return (DE incarnation). Vader is no match for DE incarnation of Sidious.

Intrepid37
Sure he isn't a match for DE Sidious. But neither is any version of Scourge.

Nephthys
I was going to use a quote from Silver2467's Luke respect thread to point out that even after RotJ Luke needed to be taught how to use Force Speed but for some reason his respect thread is gone and I can't remember who was teaching him other than she was a woman and now I dont even know if it was after Rotj so now I'm sad. sad

Intrepid37
Sad indeed.

NewGuy01
Depends on what point of the Rebellion this is. While he may be able to defeat Luke as of ESB, I doubt he can win against ROTJ Incarnation Luke.

Luke has moved so fast his blade has left afterimages. He's deflected fire from 12 shooters simultaneously. He's dueled on equivalent level of Darth Vader, who I'm sure is above Scourge's level.

Nonetheless, I see this being a difficult fight either way, and do respect Scourge, as he was also able to compete with the Hero of Tython for a time, and 300 years ought to get you somewhere.

Intrepid37
He also killed dozens of onshooters faster than thought.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Depends on what point of the Rebellion this is. While he may be able to defeat Luke as of ESB, I doubt he can win against ROTJ Incarnation Luke.

Luke has moved so fast his blade has left afterimages. He's deflected fire from 12 shooters simultaneously. He's dueled on equivalent level of Darth Vader, who I'm sure is above Scourge's level.

Nonetheless, I see this being a difficult fight either way, and do respect Scourge, as he was also able to compete with the Hero of Tython for a time, and 300 years ought to get you somewhere.
Scourge have impressive feats of his own; if you have the novel then you can look it up for them.

In addition, Scourge as Emperor's Wrath is noticeably augmented in all aspects in comparison to his incarnation in the novel.

He also killed dozens of onshooters faster than thought.
No big deal for talented Jedi.

Scourge could destroy ordinary opponents even before they could draw their weapons. Their is a fight in the novel in which he decapitated many ordinary opponents as an example.

pencilcrayon
He's woven tapestries with his blade in Shadows of the Empire.

Nephthys
I'm still finding it hard to believe that RotJ Luke was really fighting on the same level as Vader. You'd think that someone so powerful and skilled could have fought through Jabba's palace easily and slapped the rancor down like a wimpering b*tch.

NewGuy01
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/4/48954/2071031-new_picture__11_.jpg

Well, it's true...

NewGuy01
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48954/2071030-new_picture__10_.jpg

That one too. Sorry for double-post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.