Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal) vs. The Joker (Batman series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sacred 117
Sweet Tooth drives to Arkham Asylum alone and marches in with a head of usual homicidal steam. Joker is unaware of Sweet Tooth's arrival, and thus, has no contingency plans for him (such as traps being set up around the asylum). He also can't call upon his followers, as they have all been brutally cut down by Sweet Tooth. Reasonably, Sweet Tooth cannot at any time return to his vehicle or call upon his crew, as they are not there. They will both meet face-to-face just before the battle with twenty feet of separation. Both will use familiar equipment and tactics for the battle, be they direct or indirect. Who stands as victor in this dual of relentlessly homicidal, coulrophobia inducing psychopaths?

ScreamPaste
Joker in which continuity? Pre-flashpoint? New 52?

Sacred 117
I'm not exactly sure. I'm not familiar with every adaptation of the Joker. We'd have to examine both characters in their prime, so which ever one falls into that category.

ScreamPaste
Pre Flashpoint Joker is extremely variable physically due to the way his insanity 'works'. Sometimes he's physically little more than a thug, othertimes he's he's a legitimate threat to, and has even beaten Batman in ye olde fisticuffs.

At his 'peak' Joker is extremely dangerous in hand to hand and a legitimate super genius, lol.

Sacred 117
Doesn't this apply to all relevant Jokers? I considered this when I posted the thread. I still think he'd be better off not staying in Sweet Tooth's face for long. Despite his physical feats he still can't just overpower Sweet Tooth. He'd have to fall back on his trickery, something Sweet Tooth still has none of to offer. Right now I still see them balancing out.

ScreamPaste
What makes Sweet Tooth a sure-win in hand to hand against the Joker at his physical peak, exactly? I haven't paid much attention to Twisted Metal since PS1.

Sacred 117
I've failed to keep up with it as well. I do know that Sweet Tooth is an agro tank with an elevated capacity for taking a hit. It took getting stabbed in the eye with a pair of scissors just to slow him down. However, I stated simply that I believe it in Joker's best interest not to directly confront him for long, not that Sweet Tooth's victory in CQC was guaranteed. Joker's still tough, I just don't see him easily knocking down Sweet Tooth's burly ass. This is just me speculating though. The case could different for all I know. Comparably, Sweet Tooth may be more clever than we realize. I just wouldn't be sure of it.

ScreamPaste
Hm. Got a video? It'd be really helpful to me since I haven't seen that, lol.

Sacred 117
I can't post links yet. sad It's in the most recent adaptation of TM. If you look up Sweet Tooth's (IMO disappointing) story, it will likely come up. If you need info, you might also look into Playstation All-Stars. Sure it's non-canon, but I believe fighting games to be a partial show of what a character is capable of... adjusted for balance, of course. You would have to work with mechanics, as there are no feats portrayed within the game. sad

ScreamPaste
I'll have a look...

0Z0UXzQUbsM

This it?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sacred 117
We'd have to examine both characters in their prime

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5sgokjYdO1rxb37eo1_500.jpg

Sacred 117
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
This it?

Yeah, that's it. Told you it was disappointing. And to NemeBro, we would have to examine how that was made possible. Technicalities seem a likely involvement, and thus cannot be considered as part of his abilities due to inconsistency, should that be the case. However, feat-wise it is still worth mention.

ScreamPaste
Well I didn't see anything in that story that really stood out to me, honestly. He killed a lot of people in a hospital with a machete, but I don't think anyone in there had a gun or anything. It is impressive, sure, but I don't see it giving him a win over Joker in CQC if we got with Joker at his peak.

Also, NemeBro's scan is from Emperor Joker, which technically is Joker at his peak... With cosmic ****ing power. haermm

Anyway, Joker's pain tolerance is somewhere retarded where he either doesn't feel pain or actively likes it, and he's strong enough to hurt Aquaman by kicking him in the balls and poking his eyes.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-fishylaugh1b.jpg

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-batgirlcain3d.jpg
He beat the hell out of Bat Girl too. This is because she usually reads the body language of her foe, and to quote Batman, knows what they'll do before they do. The Joker's body language is jibberish because he's ****ing whacko, and without that advantage he's apparently good enough to take her, which is crazy impressive since this is Cassandra Cain. Once she makes him angry later and can read him she beats him up, though.

Still, I don't see Sweet Tooth as being peer to Cain, even without her body language reading capability.

NemeBro
Joker has also eaten every inhabitant of China.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110305010829/villains/images/2/25/Joker-china.png

Sacred 117
When I say "in their primes", what I refer to is their most relevant, and consistent adaptations. You do make a valid argument for Joker's unspoken hand-to-hand game, but I can't help but see Emperor Joker as in inconsistency in the Joker continuity.

Also, upon re-examination, I've theorized that Sweet Tooth is more clever than we're giving him credit for. I mean... he competes in Twisted Metal! One can't deny that something such as that requires some degree of strategy and coordination.

Finally, I agree. It's not that impressive, but I mainly examine the story when I say that. I don't mean to get off tangent. I just expected more character from a clown with a flaming dome. Lol. If it makes a difference, we may need to keep in mind that Sweet Tooth is essentially a demon. Just to clarify, I still remain neutral on this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.