Raven (DC Universe) vs. Mewtwo (Pokemon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sacred 117
For this match, Mewtwo will not be in his new evolved state since there is as of yet little information on it. Also, Raven is not a pokemon, so pokemon logic that would otherwise nerf Mewtwo will not apply. Neither can nor will be aided by any outside influence. (i.e. the remaining Titans, Mewtwo's pokemon) The battle will take place on neutral ground unfamiliar to either of them. Go!

Wei Phoenix
Raven stomps.

Sacred 117
Please explain.

Wei Phoenix
She operates on an entirely different level. Her magic is much too powerful for Mewtwo.

Sacred 117
To my understanding, they both peak at planetary levels. While Raven may still have a power edge on him, to access ALL of it could potentially kill Raven. It still seems even to me.

BloodRain
Is this version of Raven stronger or weaker than animated/TT White Raven?

Sacred 117
The gap between comics and anime confuses me, so I just tried to consider Raven as a whole. As for White Raven, I'm not sure what conditions are required to be met. We may have to adjust the scenario depending on what they are.

BloodRain
All I know is that Mewtwo would absolutely stomp TT Raven, and lose to White Raven.

Sacred 117
How, exactly? And what does it take for her to hit White Raven? If it's at all similar to an evolution, then I'd have to modify accordingly for balance purposes. I need to make this a fair fight, after all.

BloodRain
Animated Raven is a glass canon with little boom unless she's in a state. Characters low on the food chain beat her, someone like Mewtwo is too much.

White Raven is her releasing, accepting, merging with all of her emotions and personalities she keeps locked away. She could potentially do it at any time, though has only saves it for Trigon, even in life or death situations.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by BloodRain
Animated Raven is a glass canon with little boom unless she's in a state. Characters low on the food chain beat her, someone like Mewtwo is too much.

White Raven is her releasing, accepting, merging with all of her emotions and personalities she keeps locked away. She could potentially do it at any time, though has only saves it for Trigon, even in life or death situations.

So in other words, she's either not powerful enough, or she's potentially too powerful for herself? By accessing her full power, doesn't she put herself at risk? She built emotional barriers for that reason, so I get the feeling that achieving White form isn't as easy as you made it sound. Mewtwo, however, perpetually remains at his peak (evolution discounted), so she basically has to take that risk to have any chance at victory?

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by Sacred 117
So in other words, she's either not powerful enough, or she's potentially too powerful for herself? By accessing her full power, doesn't she put herself at risk? She built emotional barriers for that reason, so I get the feeling that achieving White form isn't as easy as you made it sound. Mewtwo, however, perpetually remains at his peak (evolution discounted), so she basically has to take that risk to have any chance at victory?

White raven is a plot device. Something that can't be used often as it puts everyone at risk so it's tucked away even in seriously dangerous situations unless it has to do with her father. Then it's unleashed as the sole plot device that can fix the situation. Making a decision to not do something doesn't mean it's exactly difficult to do but to be honest all those barriers she puts up between herself and herself and others usually gets chipped away leaving her more emotionally bare whenever her father seriously comes around so flipping That 'white raven' switch is a more viable option

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.