Iron Man (616) v.s. Voldemort

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
New York City. Voldemort apparates and starts casting spells on people. Stark decides he's a dick and confronts him. They start 20 meters apart.

SevenShackles
How fast is Voldemort's reaction speed?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I can't recall any impressive feats for him that way, tbh. I truly believe this to be spite. The suit should protect Iron Man from Voldemort's spells as we've seen they can be blocked by physical objects before, and the suit is completely environmentally sealed, forming a perfect wall against them.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Voldemort kills IronMan as well as Ganondorf.

Someone thinks Voldemort can win though so I suppose the thread is valid.

SevenShackles
Yeah.. Ironman should win here more so if it's his comic incarnation.

NotAllThatEvil
I disagree on the suit protecting him, but he should be too fast for that to be an issue.

BruceSkywalker
is stark's comic book feats involved

CosmicComet

As fast as a top tier Mathlete i'd reckon.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
is stark's comic book feats involved

616 indicates it's mainstream comic ironman being used here.

KingD19
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I disagree on the suit protecting him, but he should be too fast for that to be an issue.

In the Harry Potter movies we've seen killing curses and even Fiendfyre stopped by something as simple as a block of stone.

StealthRanger
616 Iron Man trivially solos the HP-verse....

.... he speedblitzes Voldemort to oblivion

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by KingD19
In the Harry Potter movies we've seen killing curses and even Fiendfyre stopped by something as simple as a block of stone.
Because it's not alive. Tony is wearing the suit and is alive.

SevenShackles
Because it's not alive. Tony is wearing the suit and is alive.
So if it hits a shield being held by a man doesn't the man still get effected?

NotAllThatEvil
Probably. Wizards use to wear armor in the dark ages but stopped at one point to allow greater movement. If armor was all it took to stop the killing curse, why didn't harry show up to the final battle ib Kevlar?

ScreamPaste
Probably. Wizards use to wear armor in the dark ages but stopped at one point to allow greater movement. If armor was all it took to stop the killing curse, why didn't harry show up to the final battle ib Kevlar? I think there's some weird line between clothing and shielding that's a little indistinct here. We know that someone behind a wall is safe, and armour is implied to be effective on some level. Clothing obviously isn't, though. Making a shirt out of steel makes it which? shrug

The Iron Man suit is environmentally sealed and insulated, it's enough separation that to my mind it's effective protection. Even so the spell will never land, so lol. Iron Man pulps him with a single attack.

NotAllThatEvil
Except when Ak hits something not worn like a rock or a tapestry, the object gets destroyed. Something is different when that material is put over a living thing that causes the spell to pass through the material.

BloodRain
Movie IronMan would stomp Tom, wtf? no expression

Forget that. Movie Stark with prep (ala IM3) could put a good fight.

ScreamPaste
This is comicbook Iron Man. stick out tongue

BloodRain
Thats my point, if Movie IM stomps what do we call what Comic IM's going to do to him? O__o

ScreamPaste
Sexy?

BloodRain
Iron Man sexies Voldemort.

BruceSkywalker
616 indicates it's mainstream comic ironman being used here.

no it doesn't,..lol

anyway Voldemort gets his arse whipped here..

Sacred 117
I love how the only argument ever made on behalf of Voldemort is AK. If you're relying on a single weapon in your arsenal versus all weapons, stats, feats, factors, and variables of a proven character as your sole chance for victory, you're going to have a sad day.

Also, laughing at Iron Man sexying Voldemort.

Phanteros
Iron Man in a stomp

juggerman
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I love how the only argument ever made on behalf of Voldemort is AK. If you're relying on a single weapon in your arsenal versus all weapons, stats, feats, factors, and variables of a proven character as your sole chance for victory, you're going to have a sad day.

It's because it's normally his go to attack. Yes he has others but none that he uses as often. He likes the quick kill.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by juggerman
It's because it's normally his go to attack. Yes he has others but none that he uses as often. He likes the quick kill.

Meaning if it fails him (in this case it likely will) he's ultimately screwed.

juggerman
Meaning if it fails him (in this case it likely will) he's ultimately screwed.

I disagree. In his duel with Dumbledore he showed a great ability to adapt on the fly. His first attack(AV) failed and he went with a new attack right away. Then another and another.

Against Harry in DH2 he used a range of attacks iirc including turning his own robes into a weapon

Sacred 117
Originally posted by juggerman
I disagree. In his duel with Dumbledore he showed a great ability to adapt on the fly. His first attack(AV) failed and he went with a new attack right away. Then another and another.

Against Harry in DH2 he used a range of attacks iirc including turning his own robes into a weapon

You're talking about Voldemort vs. unarmored wizards. Harry even survived AK. Also, Spells have clearly been shown to require a direct line of sight to the target, and Stark has a nigh indestructible suit in the way of that. I would say that Voldemort has no resistances to match it, but and argument can be made for defensive magic. Still, he doesn't have much to offer.

StealthRanger

That's pretty much most HP char related arguments on the internets

KingD19
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
no it doesn't,..lol

anyway Voldemort gets his arse whipped here..

Actually as 616 is the main marvel universe and all others are considered Alternate Universes. Saying 616 Iron Man is saying, Iron Man from all the main comics like Avengers, Extremis, Civil War, etc, etc... Everything that happened in the main continuity.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KingD19
Actually as 616 is the main marvel universe and all others are considered Alternate Universes. Saying 616 Iron Man is saying, Iron Man from all the main comics like Avengers, Extremis, Civil War, etc, etc... Everything that happened in the main continuity.

i knew that.. i don't take these threads serious anymore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.