CivIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Member.
do any of u have civ3? is it good, im planning on buying it but my friends said it sux, i know that i dont haver to listen to them but getting some info b4 playing could helpsmile

BackFire349
good game. you're friend just is too stupid to understand its greatness.

Julie
uh....no....negative on that

BackFire349
negative one that its a good game?

Julie
no negative on the first question...I never heard of the game...and therefore I don't have it...BTW is it a PC game or console?

BackFire349
pc game. veyr good strategy game

Julie
I've never really been into the strategy games....I only played Gettysburg and got bored with it

Evil Windu
I heard its pretty hard and the graphics is kewl and stuff.. But no I never played civ3.. Ill probably download it off kazaa j/k.

Dexx
why are you kidding?....are you against piratery?..shame on youwink
well....all of these are hard.
I've played it for a few hours..then, remembering how much call to power II took me, i deleted it with no second thoughts.
They're too bloody long...and i get bored

Member.
laughing out loud, well i played nearly all the rts and the only 2 games i liked and found challenging online were starcraft and wc3. i think i'll buy civ3, it sounds like it could be challengingbig grin it wold be cool if u could play it online with human brains and not some stupid compsad mind my languagestick out tongue

Dexx
civ 3 is not a rts...it's turn based.
yeah...of the rts type i liked: starcraft, warcraft 3, red alert 2 (i'm a champsmile) and...hmm....and those are the best. Maybe...maybe sudden strike...but naah

Member.
and age of empires 2 isn't that bad either. i know civ3 turn-based and very good gamebig grin, never liked command & conquer games, sadly i never got into thosesad

Dexx
well..tiberian sun is...well...we all know it sux. ra1 is pretty good for it's time. I liked ra2 cause i really learned how to play it.
I didn't play the first command & conquer.
I finished renegade...this one sux also.
And i haven't played generals either....dunno if it'll run on my poodoo pc.

Ushgarak
I am a huge Civ fan, but I have not actually played Civ III.

I have played the rest of the series from the start; my personal favourite is Alpha Centauri where the whole thing just seemed to be atr perfect balance and with that slight obscure interest to it with the alien setting, but still with the basic Civ ideal.

They fully deserve their place as some of the most classic games of all time; Civ itself caused a major games revolution when it was released.

But my brother got Civ III and said he was disappointed with it. As I do not have infinite funds I did not risk buying it myself... sadly.

Never mind, still playing Alpha Centauri a lot anyway...

You have to remember that Civ games are not only turn-based, they are not games that you 'beat' as such, which makes them different to many strategy/resource games. You just play through and see how well you do. They are more like board games in that respect- unsurprisingly, as Civ was based on a boardgame of the same name (that I also have). Ironically, they are now making a DIFFERENT board game out of the computer game... hmm...

Dexx
i haven't played civ III so much as to see if it really has some improovements.
I remember not liking something about call to power II. hmm..i think it was something of me attacking with tanks countries that hadn't discover gun powder yet....yes, that's it. Or was it the other way around. no matter..pretty bad tempo.

Ushgarak
The 'Call to Power' games were spin-offs- not done by Sid Meier.

BackFire349
Civ 3 is an excellent and addictive game, i never played the first 2 however so i have no basis for comparison.

Ushgarak
My brother was annoyed by the trade system, I think. He said it ruined the normal dynamic.

Also you couldn't customise your unit and government types, which was a step back from AC.

Julie
well you can't have everything in a game

Ushgarak
He wasn't asking for everything, though. These were hardly pie-in-the-sky requests. On that basis, AC has pretty much everything.

Member.
wow, how many civ games r thereblink

Ushgarak
Civ, Civ 2, Call to Power 1 and 2, Alpha Centauri, Civ III. Also Ultimate Civ and Test of Time, updates of Civ and Civ 2 respectively.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.