Superman Vs. Annihilators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

God Butcher
Rules:
-Win by death or knockout
-Bloodlust on
-No prep
-Post-Crisis Superman
-Standard 616 Annihilators
-Superman is fully healed before each fight
====
Superman Will Fight The Annihilators One At A Time:
Round 1: Ronan The Accuser
Round 2: Ikon
Round 3: Nova (Full Nova Force)
Round 4: Quasar
Round 5: Beta Ray Bill
Round 6: Gladiator (Confidence 100%)
Round 7: Silver Surfer
====
Fight takes place on Venus.
====
Can Superman defeat them all?

God Butcher
Anyone.

-Pr-
He'll beat 1-6.

He can beat Surfer, but Surfer is capable of beating him too.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by -Pr-
He'll beat 1-6.

a voice of reason and a damien sandow fan i like u -pr- i like u

dmills
If it's supposed to be a gauntlet, you need to have Gladiator 2nd after Icon. All of the guys with heart should come after him.

abhilegend
Clears. A bloodlusted Superman ala OWAW superman is scary to use in forums.

Naija boy
Stops at Surfer

Rage.Of.Olympus
He'll beat 1-6.

Golgo13
He'll beat 1-6.

Yup. I'd give the small edge to Superman, though.

dmills
Oh damn wait, everybody is bloodlusted, or just Superman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Oh damn wait, everybody is bloodlusted, or just Superman?
Everybody I presume. What's the best Surfer has done in bloodlust?

MF DELPH
If everyone is bloodlusted he could be stuck at 4. Quantum bands set to Power Vac ftw.

Digi
BRB could stop him too. I'd actually put Bill after Glads, but I'll take shit for it from others.

Kal would be favored in all but the Surfer matchup, as others are saying. Bill, Quasar, Surfer, and possibly Glads (depending on who you talk to) could all take some wins though. The odds of him successfully clearing are slim.

abhilegend
He constantly recharges and has actually resisted a sun eater from absorbing his energies. Quasar would get blitzed to death way before that. He is laughably slow compared to superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
BRB could stop him too. I'd actually put Bill after Glads, but I'll take shit for it from others.

Kal would be favored in all but the Surfer matchup, as others are saying. Bill, Quasar, Surfer, and possibly Glads (depending on who you talk to) could all take some wins though. The odds of him successfully clearing are slim.
He is healed after each fight.

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
He is healed after each fight.

I know. I based my opinion with that in mind. But it's simple statistics. If he'd take, say 9/10 against Quasar and Glads, maybe 7/10 against Bill, and 3/10 against Surfer (all of those are about where I'd put him), he's statistically less likely to clear it than he is to be stopped at some point.

zopzop
Round 1: Ronan The Accuser LOL Superman
Round 2: Ikon LOL Superman
Round 3: Nova (Full Nova Force) Superman after a brutal fight.
Round 4: Quasar Quasar either wins (via weakness exploit if he can figure it out in time or BFR into Q-zone) or Superman utterly destroys him a la Gladiator.
Round 5: Beta Ray Bill Split 50/50 just like if he were to fight Thor
Round 6: Gladiator (Confidence 100%) LOL Superman
Round 7: Silver Surfer The worst match up for Superman possible, especially if SS fights smart. Not saying Superman won't take some wins, I'm just saying Surfer would get the majority of them.

abhilegend
I know. I based my opinion with that in mind. But it's simple statistics. If he'd take, say 9/10 against Quasar and Glads, maybe 7/10 against Bill, and 3/10 against Surfer (all of those are about where I'd put him), he's statistically less likely to clear it than he is to be stopped at some point.
You are selling superman short if you think Surfer takes him 7/10. Bloodlust on favors superman much more than it does to surfer unless you think Surfer goes Cosmic Awareness/Kryptonite/Red Sun combo. You don't, do you?

JakeTheBank
Stops at Surfer or clears.

armedforbattle
What's the point of running a gauntlet if he is healed between rounds?

Digi
You are selling superman short if you think Surfer takes him 7/10. Bloodlust on favors superman much more than it does to surfer unless you think Surfer goes Cosmic Awareness/Kryptonite/Red Sun combo. You don't, do you?

No. I see the red sun radiation as the most likely there, but I don't think it necessary for Surfer to win. I just think he has a more rounded power set and could beat Kal more often than not. I'm familiar with high-end feats for both, and I realize it could go either way. Once you get into the X out of 10 game, SO much subjectivity and bias comes into play for most...so there's a wide range of defensible positions.

Let's say you think the opposite, Superman 7/10. Do I agree? No. But do I think it's an indefensible position? No. We're dealing with degrees, not absolutes.

So I stand by my statement. Not impossible but statistically unlikely for him to clear.

Originally posted by armedforbattle
What's the point of running a gauntlet if he is healed between rounds?

To determine his stopping point. To see what characters he is relative to with his power.

srug

abhilegend
No. I see the red sun radiation as the most likely there, but I don't think it necessary for Surfer to win. Good. I don't have a problem with that but Superman's speed/strength/durability combo trumps here under bloodlust since surfer has no reflex showings to prove he could hang with superman if he blitzes.
I agree.

Actually its 6/10. Superman vs Surfer is a great fight. Anybody saying that the other gets only 3/10 is selling them short.

No problem.

thumb up

dmills
Ikon phucks him up.

Digi
Good. I don't have a problem with that but Superman's speed/strength/durability combo trumps here under bloodlust since surfer has no reflex showings to prove he could hang with superman if he blitzes.
I agree.

Actually its 6/10. Superman vs Surfer is a great fight. Anybody saying that the other gets only 3/10 is selling them short.

No problem.

thumb up

I'll go ahead and declare this a mutual victory. I'm rarely so dead set on an opinion that I can't come to this type of agreement with others.

I'll agree that BL helps Kal more, but it also affects Surfer, so I don't know that it swings it to Kal's favor in my X/10 opinion. But yeah, it's close. I'll bump it down to Surfer 6/10 in your honor. wink

abhilegend
Ikon phucks him up.
Its superman, not nova bro.Originally posted by Digi
I'll go ahead and declare this a mutual victory. I'm rarely so dead set on an opinion that I can't come to this type of agreement with others.

I'll agree that BL helps Kal more, but it also affects Surfer, so I don't know that it swings it to Kal's favor in my X/10 opinion. But yeah, it's close. I'll bump it down to Surfer 6/10 in your honor. wink
Fair enough.

Superman bashes surfer's head in BTW.

uhuh

dmills
Its superman, not nova bro.

Exactly why she phucks him up. Bazinga!

abhilegend
Exactly why she phucks him up. Bazinga!
Oh, that kind of ****ing. Nova would be dick riding somewhere else.

thumb up

quanchi112
Stops hard at 5.

janus77
Stops cold at Surfer.

JakeTheBank
lmao

wtf is that at the bottom of your sig, Janus?

kgkg
laughing out loud

janus77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lmao

wtf is that at the bottom of your sig, Janus?
Nothing... confused

Well, basically certain easily riled up Superman fans seem to be obsessed with Norrin's equipment ... Understandably, Norrin's a little worried.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by janus77
Nothing... confused

Well, basically certain easily riled up Superman fans seem to be obsessed with Norrin's equipment ... Understandably, Norrin's a little worried.

laughing out loud

You should have left it.

-Pr-
Given how riled up Janus has gotten in the past, I'm not sure he should be casting stones, but maybe that's just me.

janus77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

You should have left it.
Best not, between Hulk and Surfer, the super excitable fans are at tipping point as is.

janus77
Given how riled up Janus has gotten in the past, I'm not sure he should be casting stones, but maybe that's just me.
Just you.
yes

-Pr-
Just you.
yes

Of course.

Best not, between Hulk and Surfer, the super excitable fans are at tipping point as is.

Did you just say that you're consciously trying to get a rise out of certain people?

janus77
Of course.

Did you just say that you're consciously trying to get a rise out of certain people?
Did I? confused

No, I said the exact opposite and changed my sig because of it.

-Pr-
Did I? confused

No, I said the exact opposite and changed my sig because of it.

I misread, though tis not as if your post was very flattering as is.

janus77
I misread, though tis not as if your post was very flattering as is.
Should it be? Is there need to flatter the Superman fans?

-Pr-
Should it be? Is there need to flatter the Superman fans?

Nope; nor is there need to make snide comment about them either. shrug

janus77
Nope; nor is there need to make snide comment about them either. shrug
It's closer to an observation than a jab. confused

-Pr-
It's closer to an observation than a jab. confused

Good. sneer

janus77
Good. sneer
confused

-Pr-
Care to get back on topic?

janus77
Care to get back on topic?
On the basis of % of posts, I think the topic has shifted yes

-Pr-
On the basis of % of posts, I think the topic has shifted yes

So shift it back.

janus77
So shift it back.
I can't, nobody but you posting!

-Pr-
You are...

janus77
You are...
... my Sunshine , my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey...

(over to you)

dmills

(over to you)

And with that, Pr walks out of the room lol.

Damborgson
goes the distance and either splits or loses a small majority to Surfer.

(over to you)

wtf lol

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
goes the distance and either splits or loses a small majority to Surfer.

wtf lol
That's what u get when dealing with glinting bastards.

JBL
Stops at 2. 4,5,6 or 7 are not needed, but would each stomp him.

Golgo13
Clears it. He doesn't need any rest. wink

ares834
Originally posted by JBL
Stops at 2. 4,5,6 or 7 are not needed, but would each stomp him.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Clears it. He doesn't need any rest. wink Based on ?

carver9
Gladiator, Bill, and Surfer stops him.

-Pr-
lol, sure they do.

carver9
lol, sure they do.

Don't know why you'll disagree.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Don't know why you'll disagree.

Because Superman, DC's premier herald, would beat Bill or Gladiator?

carver9
Because Superman, DC's premier herald, would beat Bill or Gladiator?

He could beat them but theyll beat him as well.

Golgo13
Only if they're lucky.

carver9
Only if they're lucky.

Nope.

Golgo13
Yep. cool

quanchi112
Yep. cool Nope.

h1a8
bloodlust makes Superman 2x more powerful. So he now probably splits at Surfer

abhilegend
No.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
bloodlust makes Superman 2x more powerful. So he now probably splits at Surfer Based on ?

Golgo13
bloodlust makes Superman 2x more powerful. So he now probably splits at Surfer

At least. cool

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ? owaw

JBL
owaw Bloodlusted does not make superman any stronger or any more powerful. This myth needs to stop because its an excuse people use to save face for superman when put up against characters who are just as strong or stronger. Superman has been seen bloodlusted, he has been seen not holding back and has never overpowered the likes of BA, CA, WW or any other character. There has never been a recorded saying, quote or statement from anything that says something like.. Supermans strength has increased or his powers have increased because of his state of mind.... It has been recorded that he has to sun amp to increase his strength and powers. Using scans where its time for the hero to win is not a showing of dynamic strength or powers. All heros do the get knocked around and then make a dramatic comeback by running their mouths and then proceed to beat the bad guy to please the readers and fans.

The few character that has on panel statements of strength and power increases have undisputed proof of dynamic strength no matter if people like it or not. 1. Hulk, the madder hulk gets, the stronger hulk gets.
2. Goliath, the bigger goliath gets, the stronger goliath gets.
3.Gladiator, the more confident gladiator is, the stronger and more powerful gladiator gets.
4.Samson. The longer his hair, the stronger he gets.

Then you have characters that can use things like cosmic energy or power stealing to get stronger or more powerful.

Then you have characters that have to go somewhere,drink something or use tech to increase their strength and powers. Superman is in this group. He has to go to the sun as stated on panel. People might not like this and fans will dispute this, but the same comics they read, the same scans they post and any other info they have is seen and known to everyone so we know about superman unless his fans have issues that they can only get, and i doubt that. wink

quanchi112
owaw He was not that impressive in Owaw. Just tell me specifically what he did in that arc that impressed you.

h1a8
He was not that impressive in Owaw. Just tell me specifically what he did in that arc that impressed you. he went from struggling and barely damaging a probe with all his might to basically oneshotting them like they were nothing. this is a huge power difference. at least 2x more to be reasonable.

Superman not holding back (due to mental blocks) is on another level.
I say he still splits with surfer though (before he would lose a majority to him)

quanchi112
he went from struggling and barely damaging a probe with all his might to basically oneshotting them like they were nothing. this is a huge power difference. at least 2x more to be reasonable.

Superman not holding back (due to mental blocks) is on another level.
I say he still splits with surfer though (before he would lose a majority to him) Probes all went down with greater ease but Thor also has done the same thing. All heroes pack a lot more wallop when they quit holding back.

No, he is not. He is on DD's level who also shredded the probes.

Surfer wins as he can fight and also exploit Superman's weaknesses.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Bloodlusted does not make superman any stronger or any more powerful. Oh really?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_adventuresof636a.jpg

Who are these characters kid? He has been bloodlusted against only Wonder Woman and then he was snapping her arms like a twig and oneshotting her. When he let go of his humanity in a possible future, he killed Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Flash and Supergirl together. How many superman comics have you read? For real? I can post at least a dozen instances of such. Heh, funny you say so. Tell me kid, if someone goes from hurting his hands punching somebody and then kills the same somebody in a few punches, its not strength increasing? Except Gladiator, amirite?

I posted superman's on panel proof too. Also Gladiator doesn't get stronger by increasing his confidence. He gets weaker when his confidence lowers.

You need to stop citing CBR rules as gospel kid. Be glad you're not on herochat. Jelly would rip you a new one on this topic.

-Pr-

Not for a majority.

Originally posted by JBL
Bloodlusted does not make superman any stronger or any more powerful. This myth needs to stop because its an excuse people use to save face for superman when put up against characters who are just as strong or stronger. Superman has been seen bloodlusted, he has been seen not holding back and has never overpowered the likes of BA, CA, WW or any other character. There has never been a recorded saying, quote or statement from anything that says something like.. Supermans strength has increased or his powers have increased because of his state of mind.... It has been recorded that he has to sun amp to increase his strength and powers. Using scans where its time for the hero to win is not a showing of dynamic strength or powers. All heros do the get knocked around and then make a dramatic comeback by running their mouths and then proceed to beat the bad guy to please the readers and fans.

The few character that has on panel statements of strength and power increases have undisputed proof of dynamic strength no matter if people like it or not. 1. Hulk, the madder hulk gets, the stronger hulk gets.
3.Gladiator, the more confident gladiator is, the stronger and more powerful gladiator gets.

Then you have characters that can use things like cosmic energy or power stealing to get stronger or more powerful.

Then you have characters that have to go somewhere,drink something or use tech to increase their strength and powers. Superman is in this group. He has to go to the sun as stated on panel. People might not like this and fans will dispute this, but the same comics they read, the same scans they post and any other info they have is seen and known to everyone so we know about superman unless his fans have issues that they can only get, and i doubt that. wink

So you didn't read the Ruin arc, then?

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Bloodlusted does not make superman any stronger or any more powerful. This myth needs to stop because its an excuse people use to save face for superman when put up against characters who are just as strong or stronger. Superman has been seen bloodlusted, he has been seen not holding back and has never overpowered the likes of BA, CA, WW or any other character. There has never been a recorded saying, quote or statement from anything that says something like.. Supermans strength has increased or his powers have increased because of his state of mind.... It has been recorded that he has to sun amp to increase his strength and powers. Using scans where its time for the hero to win is not a showing of dynamic strength or powers. All heros do the get knocked around and then make a dramatic comeback by running their mouths and then proceed to beat the bad guy to please the readers and fans.

Then you have characters that have to go somewhere,drink something or use tech to increase their strength and powers. Superman is in this group. He has to go to the sun as stated on panel. People might not like this and fans will dispute this, but the same comics they read, the same scans they post and any other info they have is seen and known to everyone so we know about superman unless his fans have issues that they can only get, and i doubt that. wink Superman has one shot peers without being bloodlusted. Power levels flucuate anyway.

iirc it was stated that Superman has mental subconscious blocks to prevent him from killing.

It was stated or explained that Superman has been always careful to not kill. So the very high majority of the time he isn't hitting someone with all his might or all his strength, even when he is furious, out of fear of killing them.

IMO by the suspension of disbelief that is why Superman's feats outside of fighting characters is much higher. There is no subconscious fear of killing when moving planets to save lives, or Maggedon or all the other feats.

Now you can dismiss that argument but at the same time you have to dismiss the Pak retcon that Hulk was always holding back on purpose or any other retcon explaining similar things.

curryman
I'm glad to see not everybody's selling Quasar short.

-Pr-
Originally posted by curryman
I'm glad to see not everybody's selling Quasar short.

why?

h1a8
Probes all went down with greater ease but Thor also has done the same thing. All heroes pack a lot more wallop when they quit holding back.

But taking Surfer's character (and not a CIP off version) he usually doesn't fight effectively all the time. He either does the dumbest shit or some good tactics. He always jobs a lot. Also he tends to have a glass jaw when it comes to massive physical hits on the face.

So Superman has a chance to land a couple of good hits to really rock Surfer for a chance to win. Then Surfer has a good chance to exploit Superman before that happens. Can go either way depending on how Surfer fights. It's his fight to lose though

curryman
why?
Because I feel like he doesn't always get repped as well as he deserves.

BRB and Surfer stand a chance, but I feel Quasar is the only one who actually has a chance of blocking some of Superman's attacks.

-Pr-

BRB and Surfer stand a chance, but I feel Quasar is the only one who actually has a chance of blocking some of Superman's attacks.

I haven't read as much about Quasar as I have say, Gladiator, Bill or Surfer, so maybe you know something I don't. I can see him being a challenge for Superman, sure, but I still think Superman would get the majority.

h1a8
Probes all went down with greater ease but Thor also has done the same thing. All heroes pack a lot more wallop when they quit holding back.

But taking Surfer's character (and not a CIP off version) he usually doesn't fight effectively all the time. He either does the dumbest shit or some good tactics. He always jobs a lot. Also he tends to have a glass jaw when it comes to massive physical hits on the face.

So Superman has a chance to land a couple of good hits to really rock Surfer for a chance to win. Then Surfer has a good chance to exploit Superman before that happens.

curryman
I haven't read as much about Quasar as I have say, Gladiator, Bill or Surfer, so maybe you know something I don't. I can see him being a challenge for Superman, sure, but I still think Superman would get the majority.
It's shields and powers, I just feel like he has enough juice to get it done.

He has that terrible GL syndrome though, where he'll suddenly make ****ing yellow nun-chucks... If he fights like that then he's obviously dead stick out tongue

abhilegend

To be fair Quasar sucked ass under anybody else other than Gruenwald. DnA turned him into cosmic spider-man.

JBL
Oh really?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_adventuresof636a.jpg

Who are these characters kid? He has been bloodlusted against only Wonder Woman and then he was snapping her arms like a twig and oneshotting her. When he let go of his humanity in a possible future, he killed Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Flash and Supergirl together. How many superman comics have you read? For real? I can post at least a dozen instances of such. Heh, funny you say so. Tell me kid, if someone goes from hurting his hands punching somebody and then kills the same somebody in a few punches, its not strength increasing? Except Gladiator, amirite?

I posted superman's on panel proof too. Also Gladiator doesn't get stronger by increasing his confidence. He gets weaker when his confidence lowers.

You need to stop citing CBR rules as gospel kid. Be glad you're not on herochat. Jelly would rip you a new one on this topic. Asorbing more sunlight while stressed is to replenish his strength. Stop taking that scan out of context. Supermans body has been depleted faster than his body could replenish itself with sunlight. You must really hate CBR for i take it that they also know better than to see you make false statements about scans. As for gladiator, its been stated by, writers, bios, narrators and trustworthy characters, yet you dispute it to save face for superman. Superman has NONE of that, only you and a few other fans, no proof, just what you want. 3 days you were gone, tells a lot about your credibility KID.

connocr
Clears.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Asorbing more sunlight while stressed is to replenish his strength. Stop taking that scan out of context. Supermans body has been depleted faster than his body could replenish itself with sunlight. You must really hate CBR for i take it that they also know better than to see you make false statements about scans. As for gladiator, its been stated by, writers, bios, narrators and trustworthy characters, yet you dispute it to save face for superman. Superman has NONE of that, only you and a few other fans, no proof, just what you want. 3 days you were gone, tells a lot about your credibility KID.
To gain more strength as stated plainly. Like when, kid? Post one scan which says that Gladiator gets stronger with more confidence. Posters get banned, its no big deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.