Kryptonians vs. Asgardians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
The Kryptonians come to conquer earth and Superman joins with them. They bring 1,000 warriors, including Zod and his crew and Kal-el. They bring any technology that we saw in MOS, including guns, armor, flying ships, world breaker, etc. Only Zod and Kal-El can fly and have advanced powers (heat vision, x-ray vision, etc). The rest of the kryptonians need their helmets.

In desperation, the humans call on the Asgardians for help. The Asgardians send 1,000 warriors including Odin, Thor, Loki, warriors 3 and Sif, etc. The Asgardians can use whatever weaponry we have seen them have in THOR and Avengers, including the Destroyer armor, Mjolnir, Odin's spear, cask of winters, and whatever stuff else we see in Asgard. Odin just woke up from Odin sleep.

Fight takes place in New York city. City has been abandoned by every human being in anticipation of the fight. Fight is broadcasted via satellite imaging on HBO pay per view.

Who wins?

Silent Master
Asgardians

Sacred 117
As we know, Kryptonians have potentially unlimited power under the sun, but the Asgardians posses magical capability, which Kryptonians are proven to have no special defenses against. Right now, it stands as even to me. However, I do see it coming down to Zod/Superman vs. Odin/Thor.

ares834
Kryptonians. Easily.

So far they have far better tech. The only one who has a chance against the World Engine is Thor (we haven't seen Odin do anything yet) and unfortunately for him Superman and Zod are there ready to push his shit in.

Nephthys
Kryptonians are on another level imo. Even the Warriors 3 looked to be cannon fodder compared to Faora, or any other Kryptonian.

Silent Master
You forget that they have the casket, which has been shown to freeze a rather large area, all they'd have to do is open it once the fight starts.

ares834
Vid?

All I remember the Casket doing is freezing Heimdal and freeezing a few people at the beginning.

Silent Master
It froze a lake and their entire village.

Robtard
Something tells me that if Heimdal was able to muscle out of an ice block, a Kryptonian will be able to as well.

Based
Kryptonians. Odin makes it a fight though. If it's 1000 normal Kryptons vs 1000 normal Asgardians then that's first degree rape.

ares834
What has film Odin done to suggest he can make it a fight.

Originally posted by Silent Master
It froze a lake and their entire village.

Cool. Still a big jump to freeze a small army and a several airborne vehicles.

Edit: Oh, just realized that the Kryptonians have their powers... Thought only Zod and Supes had them in this fight.

Kryptonians stomp. Asgardians have no chance at all here.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Robtard
Something tells me that if Heimdal was able to muscle out of an ice block, a Kryptonian will be able to as well.

That took an unspecified amount of time, left Heimdall rather injured and he was only exposed to the casket for a few seconds...imagine what would happen if the casket was left open.

KingD19
Heimdall was injured?

Robtard
That took an unspecified amount of time, left Heimdall rather injured and he was only exposed to the casket for a few seconds...imagine what would happen if the casket was left open.

1,000 Kryptonians with heat-vision > 1 casket of winter

Silent Master
Originally posted by KingD19
Heimdall was injured?

Considering that Thor told the warriors 3 to take him to the healing chamber, I'd say that yes..he was injured.

Silent Master
1,000 Kryptonians with heat-vision > 1 casket of winter

Read the OP, only Zod and Superman have HV or can fly.

Robtard
Read the OP, only Zod and Superman have HV or can fly.

So 1,000 gimptonians vs 1,000 Argardians.

Still 2 > 1.

Silent Master
What is their best HV feat?

ares834
Hurting Kryptonians.

Silent Master
What heat resistance feats do these Kryptonians have?

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Hurting Kryptonians.

Was going to say "cutting a Kryptonianship apart".

NemeBro
Odin is definitely more powerful than Thor, and likely the most powerful single character in Marvel Cinematic canon thus far based on what the characters have done, and per word of Loki he has the cosmic wazoo to manipulate Dark Matter, but he is lacking real feats.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
Odin is definitely more powerful than Thor, and likely the most powerful single character in Marvel Cinematic canon thus far based on what the characters have done, and per word of Loki he has the cosmic wazoo to manipulate Dark Matter, but he is lacking real feats.

We don't see how he did that in the film so don't think it really usable.

Especially, since he has a massive machine to do that as seen in the MCU comic.

Silent Master
Originally posted by NemeBro

He was powerful enough to strip Thor of his powers and enchant a weapon with the ability to grant Thor level powers.

FrothByte
Kryptonians. Easily.

So far they have far better tech. The only one who has a chance against the World Engine is Thor (we haven't seen Odin do anything yet) and unfortunately for him Superman and Zod are there ready to push his shit in.

Not sure if Kryptonians have better tech. They had to fly/warp to earth on their ships whereas Asgardians just beam to and fro. Kryptonians also don't have any tech to rival the Destroyer armor or even Mjolnir.

The Kryptonian's advantage here is their physicality. The advantage of the Asgardians is there superior tech and magic, plus the vulnerability of the kryptonians should their helmets be damaged.

FrothByte
So 1,000 gimptonians vs 1,000 Argardians.

Still 2 > 1.

How is it gimping when only Superman and Zod have shown the capability for flight and heat vision?

The Kryptonians in this scenario have only arrived on Earth. They haven't had a chance to adjust to it's environment.

COG Veteran
Kryptonians: 0 dead. Several dozen injured due to Odin and Thor.
Asgardians: 1000 dead.

ares834
Originally posted by FrothByte
Not sure if Kryptonians have better tech. They had to fly/warp to earth on their ships whereas Asgardians just beam to and fro. Kryptonians also don't have any tech to rival the Destroyer armor or even Mjolnir.

Mjolnir, I'll give you that. Destroyer... Eh.

BruceSkywalker
Asgardians die.. Odin didn;t do anything of value..

thor will put up a fight but in the end he will fall

Lord Lucien
I don't remember Thor ever fighting or moving as fast as the Kryptonians.

The Silent Hero
Even with their masks and space-suits on, they're still way too powerful and durable for Asgardians. You get the impression only Thor and Odin are real superheroes and the rest are average warriors, look at how Sif and the rest of them fight.

About ten Kryptonians almost destroyed Earth. Now there's a 1000? Lolol.

KingD19
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't remember Thor ever fighting or moving as fast as the Kryptonians.

But Thor has blocked the Destroyer's beams as well as those of the Chitauri. His reflexes are pretty fast.

FrothByte
There's also that whole hall of weapons that Odin has access to. The place where he kept the casket of winters. Plus the Destroyer should also prove a challenge to the kryptonians.

abhilegend
Kryptonians.

KingD19
There's also that whole hall of weapons that Odin has access to. The place where he kept the casket of winters. Plus the Destroyer should also prove a challenge to the kryptonians.

Including the Infinity Gauntlet.

ares834
Which so far has far done nothing...

Zack Fair
The Kryptonians come to conquer earth and Superman joins with them. They bring 1,000 warriors, including Zod and his crew and Kal-el. They bring any technology that we saw in MOS, including guns, armor, flying ships, world breaker, etc. Only Zod and Kal-El can fly and have advanced powers (heat vision, x-ray vision, etc). The rest of the kryptonians need their helmets.

In desperation, the humans call on the Asgardians for help. The Asgardians send 1,000 warriors including Odin, Thor, Loki, warriors 3 and Sif, etc. The Asgardians can use whatever weaponry we have seen them have in THOR and Avengers, including the Destroyer armor, Mjolnir, Odin's spear, cask of winters, and whatever stuff else we see in Asgard. Odin just woke up from Odin sleep.

Fight takes place in New York city. City has been abandoned by every human being in anticipation of the fight. Fight is broadcasted via satellite imaging on HBO pay per view.

Who wins?

Kryptonians.

A thousand kryptonians is overkill. **** Odin. **** Asgard. **** Them All.

Newjak
People are seriously underestimating the Asgardians. Loki one of the weaker asgardians in terms of physical ability took a massive beating in Avengers and was still conscious as well as a powerful blast in Thor. Their armor is incredibly durable as well machine gun fire easily bouncing off of it much like the Kryptonian armor. Thor was easily shrugging off IM's Replusor blasts to the face as well

So we know Asgardians are tough as nails. Yet Asgardian weapons are able to pierce them and their armor. I think the Asgardian weapons could hurt the Kryptonians.

Also Heimdall one of the toughest and most powerful Asgardians barely survived being hit by the casket of ancient winters by Loki.

The Destroyer seriously injured a number of Asgardians with it's attacks. I'm assuming they should be able to hurt the Kyrptonians as well.

Never mind the fact Odin can teleport beings across worlds so he could possibly BFR the most dangerous Kryptonian stuff.

Also if we are assuming this falls in line with the most current the Asgardians also have the cosmic cube now. I'm sure Odin will use such a device to devastating effect if he needs to.

Newjak
Which so far has far done nothing... All we know is that each one is supposedly as dangerous as the casket of ancient winters. Making them powerful weapons.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Newjak
People are seriously underestimating the Asgardians. Loki one of the weaker asgardians in terms of physical ability took a massive beating in Avengers and was still conscious as well as a powerful blast in Thor. Their armor is incredibly durable as well machine gun fire easily bouncing off of it much like the Kryptonian armor. Thor was easily shrugging off IM's Replusor blasts to the face as well

So we know Asgardians are tough as nails. Yet Asgardian weapons are able to pierce them and their armor. I think the Asgardian weapons could hurt the Kryptonians.

Also Heimdall one of the toughest and most powerful Asgardians barely survived being hit by the casket of ancient winters by Loki.

The Destroyer seriously injured a number of Asgardians with it's attacks. I'm assuming they should be able to hurt the Kyrptonians as well.

Never mind the fact Odin can teleport beings across worlds so he could possibly BFR the most dangerous Kryptonian stuff.

Also if we are assuming this falls in line with the most current the Asgardians also have the cosmic cube now. I'm sure Odin will use such a device to devastating effect if he needs to. No we are not underestimating Asgard. Rather some peeps are giving them the benefit of the doubt. They have shown nohthing to suggest they can compete with 1000 kryptonians.

TBH it seems Asgard gets a pass simply because its asgard and they're tough in comics.

The warriors 3 would get raped by Faora. So would Heimdall.

Only Thor and Odin(simply for being Odin) can compete.

jinXed by JaNx
I think it goes without question that the Kryptonians physical capabilities far out weigh the Asgardians but i can't rightly say who wins considering that i have nothing to gage the type of damage that the Asgardian powers will have over the Kryptons. For all i know it will affect them just as much on Earth as it would as if they were on Krypton. I also don't know how affective their armor would be against magical attacks. Assuming that the magic has nominal affects then i think they would still be agile and strong enough to win. Not only do they have armor but they also have vehicles to shield them from the magic. If the magic has the same destructive effect on them as though they were on Krypton then i dont think the Kryptons have much of a chance at all. They would all have to stand in line and spam their heat vision at once.

Newjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
No we are not underestimating Asgard.

The asgardians are weaksauce. Sorry. Loki walked through Machine gun fire and survived the Bi-Frost explosion.

They are not weaksauce, maybe not as physically powerful as Kryptonians but they are tough sons of B*tches.

IM's repulsor blast,probably one of the most powerful weapons on Earth, didn't even phase Thor and only knocked Loki down.

You guys are also forgetting things like a Warthog's gattling gun being able to hurt and knock down Nam-Ek so it's not like the Kryptonians are all powerful either or incapable of being hurt. I think the Destroyer's beam could mess them up.

If Thor unleashes his Jottenheim buster that would also mess quite a few of them up.

I have no doubt the Asgardian weapons will be able to pierce a Kyrptonain.

Also Odin has the Cosmic Cube and casket of ancient winters. I think that gives the Asgardians a considerable firepower advantage over the Kryptonians.

Zack Fair
Loki walked through Machine gun fire and survived the Bi-Frost explosion.

They are not weaksauce, maybe not as physically powerful as Kryptonians but they are tough sons of B*tches.

IM's repulsor blast,probably one of the most powerful weapons on Earth, didn't even phase Thor and only knocked Loki down.

You guys are also forgetting things like a Warthog's gattling gun being able to hurt and knock down Nam-Ek so it's not like the Kryptonians are all powerful either or incapable of being hurt. I think the Destroyer's beam could mess them up.

If Thor unleashes his Jottenheim buster that would also mess quite a few of them up.

Also Odin has the Cosmic Cube and casket of ancient winters. I think that gives the Asgardians a considerable firepower advantage over the Kryptonians. LOL. Nam-Ek tanked the machine gun. He stood there and took it whereas Thor ducked and looked for cover like a *****.

I am not claiming the kyptonians are all powerful. i am simply saying they are above asgardians and 1000 of them would unleash hell on asgard.

Lots of ifs on asgard's side. Fact of the matter is they will probably get blitzed to hell.

Newjak
LOL. Nam-Ek tanked the machine gun. He stood there and took it whereas Thor ducked and looked for cover like a *****.

I am not claiming the kyptonians are all powerful. i am simply saying they are above asgardians and 1000 of them would unleash hell on asgard.

Lots of ifs on asgard's side. Fact of the matter is they will probably get blitzed to hell. He gotted knocked down and hurt. Thor TANKED an IM replusor blast to the face. IM's blast >>> than Warthog gun fire based on feats.

They are physically above Asgardians but based on what we know about Asgard that's about all I'm willing to give them.

Not a lot of ifs at all.

The casket of ancient winters hurt Heimdall one of the most powerful Asgardians. Volstag was a afraid of him, remember the guy that survived a Destroyer blast, although seriously injured from it.

The Cosmic Cube was able to take Thor's attacks.

Thor's Jottenheim Buster >>>> than Warthog bullets and would probably seriously hurt a couple of Kryptonians.

Odin > Thor

Thor's durability is beyond question, he is very durable, yet an Asgardian dagger easily pierced his armor, at least capable of taking machine gun fire, and his flesh able to tank IM repulsor Blasts. So I think asgardian weapons will be able to hurt the kyrptonians.

That's not a bunch of what ifs.

Those are feats and based on what I saw from the Kryptonians anyone saying this is a stomp should take a step back to actually see that Asgard is far from being weaksauce. They have some pretty powerful things going for them. Is it enough to beat the Krptonians I'm unsure but I do think they will make one hell of a fight of it and take down more than their fair share of the enemy even if they do lose.

Edit: Also Superman dodged the airplane's weapon fire as well so stop bringing weak points to this argument that don't matter.

Zack Fair
He gotted knocked down and hurt. Thor TANKED an IM replusor blast to the face. IM's blast >>> than Warthog gun fire based on feats.
Based on showings Thor thought he couldn't take the f-22's firepower.

They are physically above Asgardians but based on what we know about Asgard that's about all I'm willing to give them. Yeah...superior phisicality and equal technology. Yes.

Not a lot of ifs at all. Yes lots of Ifs.

The casket of ancient winters hurt Heimdall one of the most powerful Asgardians. Volstag was a afraid of him, remember the guy that survived a Destroyer blast, although seriously injured from it.Heimdall is a ***** compared to the kryptonians. You can say he is one of the most powerful asgardians, but really...what has he done? Nothing. He was frozen. Then he broke free. A random kryptonian will probably do the same shit. I don't care about Volstagg. He and the warriors 3 are shit.

The Cosmic Cube was able to take Thor's attacks.

Thor's Jottenheim Buster >>>> than Warthog bullets and would probably seriously hurt a couple of Kryptonians. Thor can try to Joutenheim bust all he wants. He will get knocked out of his ass for trying it. Sorry.

Odin > Thor
Comatose old man>Thor. Cool.

Thor's durability is beyond question, he is very durable, yet an Asgardian dagger easily pierced his armor, at least capable of taking machine gun fire, and his flesh able to tank IM repulsor Blasts No one is doubting Thor's durability. However the fact your average kryptonian has durability on par with Thor's(not as tough as him, but they are pretty much hanging in the same tier) seems to elude you.

That's not a bunch of what ifs. Trying to convince yourself?

Those are feats and based on what I saw from the Kryptonians anyone saying this is a stomp should take a second back top actually see that Asgard is far from being weaksauce. They have some pretty powerful things going for them. Is it enough to beat the Krptonians I'm unsure but I do think they will make one hell of a fight of it and take down more than their fair share of the enemy even if they do lose.

This is a stomp and no matter how you try to sugarcoat it the fact remains a thousand kryptonians would **** Asgard.

Really...Thor and Odin(combat featless wonder, mind you) are the only guys who can compete with these kryptonians. The rest of asgard gets curbstomped.

Seriously. Try to remember all the davastation 4 kryptonians caused in MoS. Try to grasp the figure of a thousand kryptonians cutting loose.

Newjak
Based on showings Thor thought he couldn't take the f-22's firepower.

Yeah...superior phisicality and equal technology. Yes.
Yes lots of Ifs.
Heimdall is a ***** compared to the kryptonians. You can say he is one of the most powerful asgardians, but really...what has he done? Nothing. He was frozen. Then he broke free. A random kryptonian will probably do the same shit. I don't care about Volstagg. He and the warriors 3 are shit.

Thor can try to Joutenheim bust all he wants. He will get knocked out of his ass for trying it. Sorry.

Comatose old man>Thor. Cool.
No one is doubting Thor's durability. However the fact your average kryptonian has durability on par with Thor's(not as tough as him, but they are pretty much hanging in the same tier) seems to elude you.
Trying to convince yourself?

This is a stomp and no matter how you try to sugarcoat it the fact remains a thousand kryptonians would **** Asgard.

Really...Thor and Odin(combat featless wonder, mind you) are the only guys who can compete with these kryptonians. The rest of asgard gets curbstomped.

Seriously. Try to remember all the davastation 4 kryptonians caused in MoS. Try to grasp the figure of a thousand kryptonians cutting loose. Superman also dodged the gunfire you fool stick out tongue

Obviously he thought he couldn't take it right roll eyes (sarcastic)

I could go on through your points but I think you're missing the prod picture here.

You yourself mentioned that yes a Krptonian is equal to Thor durability. A simple Asgardian dagger was able to hurt Thor therefore you also think the dagger would be able to hurt a Kryptonian as well. So Asgardian weapons can hurt Kryptonians. The casket of Ancient winters was able to take down and seriously hurt one of Asgards most powerful people. Even if you assign Heimdall average Asgardian stats, the average Asgardian assuming Volstagg as the measuring stick is still incredibly tough. So something that can hurt them will also hurt a Kyprtonian.

It didn't take very long for Thor to use the J-Buster.

Insulting Odin does not strengthen your position it just makes you look foolish.

Honestly I would say based on showings Asgardian tech >>> than Kyrptonian tech considering Asgard has reached such a high level of technology that almost everything they do is thought based with it. Like they said it borders on magic.

Plus Asgard has the cosmic cube which is stated to be unlimited power.

The Bi-Frost was going to destroy an entire planet by itself.

Also Thor J-Buster caused almost the same amount of damage by himself.

So Thor cutting loose == 4 Kyrptonian's devastation therefore Thor must win right? I think you should rethink all you just said about that.

Zack Fair
Superman also dodged the gunfire you fool stick out tongue

Obviously he thought he couldn't take it right roll eyes (sarcastic) So? He also took minigun fire from a chopper without giving a single ****.

I could go on through your points but I think you're missing the prod picture here. Okay?

You yourself mentioned that yes a Krptonian is equal to Thor durability. A simple Asgardian dagger was able to hurt Thor therefore you also think the dagger would be able to hurt a Kryptonian as well. So Asgardian weapons can hurt Kryptonians. The casket of Ancient winters was able to take down and seriously hurt one of Asgards most powerful people. Even if you assign Heimdall average Asgardian stats, the average Asgardian assuming Volstagg as the measuring stick is still incredibly tough. So something that can hurt them will also hurt a Kyprtonian. We don't know if the dagger would be able to pierce kryptonian armor. bro...Heimdall is a *****. You can say he is one of asgard's most powerful, but imho all that does is make the asgardians look worse. One of asgard's most powerful beings being subpar compared to random kryptonians.
It didn't take very long for Thor to use the J-Buster. It took him long enough. Faora, Zod and possibly any random kryptonian would stop him.

Insulting Odin does not strengthen your position it just makes you look foolish. Excuse me for insulting an old man whose only combat feat is knocking Lafey on his ass.

Honestly I would say based on showings Asgardian tech >>> than Kyrptonian tech considering Asgard has reached such a high level of technology that almost everything they do is thought based with it. Like they said it borders on magic. Except the World Engine did more damage than the bifrost. Cool about their technology feeling like magic. I think controlling blackhoholes is magic too.

Plus Asgard has the cosmic cube which is stated to be unlimited power. LOL. No showings what so ever.

The Bi-Frost was going to destroy an entire planet by itself. So was the world engine.

Also Thor J-Buster caused almost the same amount of damage by himself. http://i.imgur.com/VuZuj06.gif GG

So Thor cutting loose == 4 Kyrptonian's devastation therefore Thor must win right? I think you should rethink all you just said about that.

Zod would **** the living shit out of Thor.

Edit BTW I am going to copout. Take it as you will. Gonna go make some BBQ hotdogs =D

The Silent Hero
Loki walked through Machine gun fire and survived the Bi-Frost explosion.

Also Odin has the Cosmic Cube and casket of ancient winters. I think that gives the Asgardians a considerable firepower advantage over the Kryptonians. Meanwhile Volstagg got KO's by an explosion, the swordsmen guy got KO's by a simple knife stab, Heimdall was frozen, etc. Loki (hybrid race) and Thor (son of Odin) aren't your typical Asgardian.

The gatling gun didn't hurt Nam-ek AT ALL. He was thrown back a bit by the force of the bullets, but then just dusted himself off and proceeded to destroy the warthog effortlessly.

Supra
Superman solo's

FrothByte
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
Meanwhile Volstagg got KO's by an explosion, the swordsmen guy got KO's by a simple knife stab, Heimdall was frozen, etc. Loki (hybrid race) and Thor (son of Odin) aren't your typical Asgardian.

The gatling gun didn't hurt Nam-ek AT ALL. He was thrown back a bit by the force of the bullets, but then just dusted himself off and proceeded to destroy the warthog effortlessly.

"swodsman" guy was KO'd by a Frost Giant's ice spike - not a knife. Heimdall was frozen by the cask of winters which is an extremely powerful magical device.

ares834
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
Even with their masks and space-suits on, they're still way too powerful and durable for Asgardians. You get the impression only Thor and Odin are real superheroes and the rest are average warriors, look at how Sif and the rest of them fight.

About ten Kryptonians almost destroyed Earth. Now there's a 1000? Lolol.

Yeah, this is spite.

All we know is that each one is supposedly as dangerous as the casket of ancient winters. Making them powerful weapons.

Quote from the movies for that?

Newjak
Yeah, this is spite.

Quote from the movies for that? "If the Frost Giant had stolen even one of these relics"

That quote was by Thor stating that it didn't matter which one they took they would all be dangerous in the hand of the Johttens

Mindset
Lol at Zack slobbering all over kryptonian schlong.

Zack Fair
Quiet woman.

Mindset
You floss with Cavill's pubes.

Zack Fair
Super pubes bro

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Supra
Superman solo's

That'd take a while but yeah.

Mindset
Super pubes bro http://expresswithgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/nicholas.gif

Zack Fair
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/01/nick-cage-superman1.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
The average Kryptonian should be like worth like a dozen Asgardian's in combat. They'd have to rely on their superior technology and weapons. If Odin can get his hands on something like the Cosmic Cube, Tesseract or the Infinity Gauntlet etc. it's going to be hell for the Kryptonian's I'd wager.

So? He also took minigun fire from a chopper without giving a single ****.
Okay?
We don't know if the dagger would be able to pierce kryptonian armor. bro...Heimdall is a *****. You can say he is one of asgard's most powerful, but imho all that does is make the asgardians look worse. One of asgard's most powerful beings being subpar compared to random kryptonians.
It took him long enough. Faora, Zod and possibly any random kryptonian would stop him.
Excuse me for insulting an old man whose only combat feat is knocking Lafey on his ass.
Except the World Engine did more damage than the bifrost. Cool about their technology feeling like magic. I think controlling blackhoholes is magic too.
LOL. No showings what so ever.
So was the world engine.
http://i.imgur.com/VuZuj06.gif GG

Zod would **** the living shit out of Thor.

Edit BTW I am going to copout. Take it as you will. Gonna go make some BBQ hotdogs =D

Hmmm? The World Engine was not going to destroy Earth, the entire point was to terraform the planet, lol. It was a device that changed the gravity of the planet and it's atmosphere gradually. We only saw the Bifrost hitting the Frost Giants for a brief moment but it was already doing widespread destruction IIRC, and was going to build until it destroyed it.

Also, the Phantom Zone is a portal to another dimension, it does not have the destructive properties of a black hole. Although apparently it is a black hole.

If you want to compare technology, Mjolnir being forged from the heart of a dying Star is really up there. So is the BiFrost as it's able to teleport beings across the Universe. Throw in the random magical crap like enchanting, astral projection, and shit then they obviously have superior resources. Zod however was able to enter Superman's mind so they aren't without their own versatile technology.

I didn't read any of the other posts but are you arguing that dodging suggests inferior durability?

Zack Fair
Yes I know the point behind the terraforming Earth. IMO the terraforming itself is destroying the earth. I didn't mean it as "planet busting." Bifrost was powerful yeah, it was laying waste to an ice kingdom. The world engine was crumbling skycrappers iirc. IMO they are about even.

Nah I'm not suggesting it means Thor's durability is lesser. I was merely stating that Nam-Ek did in fact take the firepower from the plane while Thor did not. So really...Nam-Ek getting thrown back and grunting once is not bad at all IMHO.

Otherwise agree with everything you said. thumb up

KingD19
A moderate magnitude Earthquake can bring down a skyscraper. Obliterating an entire planet(whether made primarily of ice or not) is much more impressive

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes I know the point behind the terraforming Earth. IMO the terraforming itself is destroying the earth. I didn't mean it as "planet busting." Bifrost was powerful yeah, it was laying waste to an ice kingdom. The world engine was crumbling skycrappers iirc. IMO they are about even.

Nah I'm not suggesting it means Thor's durability is lesser. I was merely stating that Nam-Ek did in fact take the firepower from the plane while Thor did not. So really...Nam-Ek getting thrown back and grunting once is not bad at all IMHO.

Otherwise agree with everything you said. thumb up

The World Engine was slowly building and increased gravity in a wave. That would destroy pretty much crush all man made structures as they wouldn't be able to support themselves as well as most living things, but it's nowhere near the power needed to actually destroy a planet. We saw the Frost Giant home-world btw and it looked like Earth except covered in ice IIRC.

Okay, fair enough. Nam-Ek should have dodged like Faora or Superman though tbh, would have been smarter. It seems movie incarnations are a lot less prone to tanking attacks. Besides the brutes. More realistic though, I prefer it as long as they have durability feats.

ares834
Presumably the Bifrost could destroy pretty much any planet if given enough time. With that said, it doesn't have much relevance here unless the Asgardians wish to kill themselves as well.

Originally posted by KingD19
A moderate magnitude Earthquake can bring down a skyscraper. Obliterating an entire planet(whether made primarily of ice or not) is much more impressive

Not really, at least not well built ones. Just look at Tokyo. It was hit by a major earthquake and yet all the Skyscrapers were left standing. Anyway, presumably if given enough time the World Engine could increase the gravity enough to crush a planet. That said don't know what is relevant about that. It doesn't need even a hundredth of that power to destroy the Asgardian army.

Eminence
The potential for Odin to do something crazy with the Tesseract or Infinity Gauntlet is the only reason anyone should think the Asgardians stand a chance, because man-to-man they're laughably outclassed. Mjolnir!Thor is a dramatic outlier, as are probably Odin and Heimdall. The Destroyer might be a threat, sure. Loki is not a lesser Asgardian, he's a small and unusually talented frost giant, so his evident ability to take a beating says nothing about anyone else in their ranks except, by extension, Thor. The Warriors Three and Sif are clearly supposed to be extraordinary even for Asgardians.

Even if we (perhaps favorably) give a good whack from Mjolnir or blast from the Destroyer the kill on any given Kryptonian, the bulk of the Asgardian force is still set for a wrecking. Superspeed and cover from two guys with heat-vision are probably good enough checks on the Casket of Ancient Winters. I don't need to think they're all as capable as Faora, Zod or Nam-Ek to assume the sun-boost would be commensurate, and between the three of them they've tanked missiles, gone ground-to-air on fighter jets even without flight, hurled trucks and train cars, survived exposure in space and atmospheric reentry, been punched across a cityscape without serious harm, and literally demolished skyscrapers. Even muted versions of what they can do outclass all but the best Asgardian by magnitudes, from what we can infer.

Then there's the World Engine, and the gunships the Kryptonians brought with them. The bulk of the Asgardian army could easily die by that artillery alone after being surrounded and hemmed in by the faster aliens. Even if Thor takes it all out with the storms and a Jotunheim-style bringing down of the hammer, his folks just aren't tough enough. Without him they'll be quickly overwhelmed and killed; Faora and Nam-Ek will handle Sif and the Warriors Three, Kal-El will just slap the Destroyer into the Long Island Sound and join Zod in beating down Odin while some spare Kryptonians take on Heimdall, Loki gets chased around by some more spare Kryptonians, and then Thor's all alone.

Zack Fair
Well put. I agree thumb up

juggerman
Kryptonians for the stomp

Rage.Of.Olympus
Presumably the Bifrost could destroy pretty much any planet if given enough time. With that said, it doesn't have much relevance here unless the Asgardians wish to kill themselves as well.

I didn't bring up the BiFrost. I'm not even sure why the Asgardian's would use it here, I was simply correcting how the BiFrost/World Engine compared.

The Kryptonian's bringing the World Engine is even dumber as it actively depowers them.

Zack Fair
Not sure it would actively depower them. They are used to that atmosphere, only Kal-El was experiencing the weakness because he was not used to it. Plus they have those armors that keep them from being affected by the atmosphere.

Newjak
Not sure it would actively depower them. They are used to that atmosphere, only Kal-El was experiencing the weakness because he was not used to it. Plus they have those armors that keep them from being affected by the atmosphere. It wasn't just being not used to it. He lost his power while in there. And the armor's didn't prevent them from losing thier powers either. After all Lois was able shoot and kill a few on her own. Jor-El also stopped a few of them by closing doors and they weren't able to tear through them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not sure it would actively depower them. They are used to that atmosphere, only Kal-El was experiencing the weakness because he was not used to it. Plus they have those armors that keep them from being affected by the atmosphere.

Kryptonian's lose their powers in Kryptonian atmosphere. However they don't get sick like Clark initially did as they're use to it. That was a pretty big plot point. You've seen the movie like five times now, how don't you remember lol?

Zack Fair
I was talking about the armor keeping the kryptonians safe from earth's atmosphere when I said the armor kept them safe. Which is odd. They come down from the ship, clad in full armor without getting exposure to sunlight and they can leap like hulk and have strength similar to Hulk. Whole atmosphere ordeal confuses me.*shrug*

Anyways I don't see the world engine being needed at all, so I'll drop it altogether.

Newjak
I was talking about the armor keeping the kryptonians safe from earth's atmosphere when I said the armor kept them safe. Which is odd. They come down from the ship, clad in full armor without getting exposure to sunlight and they can leap like hulk and have strength similar to Hulk. Whole atmosphere ordeal confuses me.*shrug* That's because the armor didn't prevent or allow them to retain their powers.

It might be weird but that's what happened.

basically in terms of losing or gain their powers in the different atmospheres the armors didn't mean anything.

Zack Fair
Cool.

You nerds. uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty much what Newjack said.

The atmosphere and gravity gives them their more physical abilities while the Sunlight gives them their senses, flight and all that other shit IIRC.

ares834
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty much what Newjack said.

The atmosphere and gravity gives them their more physical abilities while the Sunlight gives them their senses, flight and all that other shit IIRC.

Nah, other way around. Their senses are dependent on the atmosphere. Which is why damaging the mask causes them to go into sensory overload.

The other powers, save perhaps flight, seem to be a combo of the other two. Which is why Faora had strength and speed despite breathing in the Kryptonian atmosphere.

Although it does seem kinda inconsistent.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah, other way around. Their senses are dependent on the atmosphere. Which is why damaging the mask causes them to go into sensory overload.

The other powers, save perhaps flight, seem to be a combo of the other two. Which is why Faora had strength and speed despite breathing in the Kryptonian atmosphere.

Although it does seem kinda inconsistent.

But Clark lost his abilities and Kryptonian's were powerless in Kryptonian atmosphere. I just remembered that Jor-El said that the Sun strengthened his muscles and skin as well as his senses so it's a combination of the two but the atompshere factor is clearly very critical.

ares834
He was also cut off from solar radiation at this time. Perhaps it requires on or the other for the Kryptonians to have their powers intact. Which would make sense and explain why the Kryptonians have the powers while in the battle armor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
To free Kal, Jor-El turned the ships atmosphere Earth like and he immediately got his powers. Also he was on Earth when he fought the World Engine and it was specifically said that the atmosphere being terraformed into Krypton's would weaken him.

The Sun definitely played some kind of role, as his cells drank in the radiation but the atmosphere was like 70%.

ares834
Don't know how you can come to such a number.

Once again, despite being in armor, the Kryptonians had a ton of power.

Yes, when the atmosphere was turned back on he got some of his power back and yes the WE did weaken him. That doesn't mean it gives him 70% of his power.

Edit: Just was watching a version online and the scientist dude says "The strength you derive from exposure to the Earth's sun has been neutralized on our ship."

Rage.Of.Olympus

Yes, when the atmosphere was turned back on he got some of his power back and yes the WE did weaken him. That doesn't mean it gives him 70% of his power.

Edit: Just was watching a version online and the scientist dude says "The strength you derive from exposure to the Earth's sun has been neutralized on our ship."

Obviously it was just an estimation.

I think it's just being around Earth's atmosphere? Not sure. The other Kryptonians still seemed powerless while on the ship despite the atmosphere change which was confusing.

Hmm, he said the Sun and also pointed out that in this environment he's like human. So 50/50 I guess seems fair.

Newjak

Edit: Just was watching a version online and the scientist dude says "The strength you derive from exposure to the Earth's sun has been neutralized on our ship." The armor never seemed to play a role in one direction or the other.

All we know is that the only time Kal was completely weakened was when he was in 100 percent Kryptonian atmosphere and he didn't get his powers back until he was re-exposed to an Earth like atmosphere, and it was an immediate repowering instantly getting his strength back as he broke through the bonds that moments ago had him powerless.

All the other Kyrptonains were also powerless while exposed to the Kyrptonian Atmosphere of the ship. Which is why Lois was able to leave.

Also I just had a thought. I don't think the armor is meant to fully recreate Kyrpton's atmosphere. It's just used to protect them from space\injury and to allow them to breath, after all the only thing they slapped on Lois was the breathing apparatus\helmet and not an entire suit to allow her to enter the ship.

ares834
The armor never seemed to play a role in one direction or the other.

All we know is that the only time Kal was completely weakened was when he was in 100 percent Kryptonian atmosphere and he didn't get his powers back until he was re-exposed to an Earth like atmosphere, and it was an immediate repowering instantly getting his strength back as he broke through the bonds that moments ago had him powerless.

All the other Kyrptonains were also powerless while exposed to the Kyrptonian Atmosphere of the ship. Which is why Lois was able to leave.

It seems an arbitrary distinction to say the armor doesn't play a role at all.

Anyway, as you say the other Kryptonians were powerless when Lois attempts to leave the ship which suggests that their is more involved than just the atmosphere.

Also I just had a thought. I don't think the armor is meant to fully recreate Kyrpton's atmosphere. It's just used to protect them from space\injury and to allow them to breath, after all the only thing they slapped on Lois was the breathing apparatus\helmet and not an entire suit to allow her to enter the ship.

It's clearly meant to produce the Kryptonian atmosphere. Hell, it looks just like the breathing apparatus they gave Lois. If we are going to make baseless assumptions I could just as easily state that that the Kryptonians added something to the ship's atmosphere to neutralize Supe's powers.

Newjak
It seems an arbitrary distinction to say the armor doesn't play a role at all.

Anyway, as you say the other Kryptonians were powerless when Lois attempts to leave the ship which suggests that their is more involved than just the atmosphere.

It's clearly meant to produce the Kryptonian atmosphere. Hell, it looks just like the breathing apparatus they gave Lois. If we are going to make baseless assumptions I could just as easily state that that the Kryptonians added something to the ship's atmosphere to neutralize Supe's powers. No it isn't nothing shown about the armor has demonstrated it to play any kind of role in keeping them powered or powered down.

No it doesn't Lois was freed before Jor_el changed the Atmopshere to be like earth's didn't he.

No it wasn't the armor was simply to allow them to breath and protect them that doesn't mean the armor coated their entire body in their natural atmosphere so it's not a baseless claim.

FrothByte
I think the kryptonian's superior speed, strength, and jumping capabilities are most likely the result of Earth's weaker gravity.

ares834
No it isn't nothing shown about the armor has demonstrated it to play any kind of role in keeping them powered or powered down.

No it doesn't Lois was freed before Jor_el changed the Atmopshere to be like earth's didn't he.

No it wasn't the armor was simply to allow them to breath and protect them that doesn't mean the armor coated their entire body in their natural atmosphere so it's not a baseless claim.

Yes it is a baseless claim. You're arbitrarily making up rules considering the Kryptonians powers to better suit you're argument. Correct me if I' wrong, but your claiming that a Kryptonian atmosphere negates their powers but for some magical reason the Kryptonian armor doesn't. Yes?

And no, Jor-El changed the atmosphere before Lois's escape.

juggerman
A wise man once said:

Originally posted by juggerman
Kryptonians for the stomp

Zack Fair
I think the kryptonian's superior speed, strength, and jumping capabilities are most likely the result of Earth's weaker gravity. That is what I was thinking. Kind of like DBZ's whole gravity trainings.

K3VIL
THIS IS A FUKING JOKE. The new MOS universe Kryptonians maked Thor and the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe look like fukin' jokes. I hope a crossover movie is never made.

jediwan
It would be an epic battle indeed with all the stored weapons in asgard and full asgardian army vs kryptonian army and only superman and zod with powers I have to give nod to Asgard

jediwan
kryptonian weakness RED sun,kryptonite and they are like humans, quickly dispatched , but id rather see an epic battle first

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.