Did the US Topple the Egyptian Government?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
Maybe this is a little bit conspiracy theoryish but it seems like the US must have known that the Egyptian government and the Egyptian military were basically separate political entities. Giving military aid to the country while there was internal conflict was almost as good as fomenting a revolution. The US obviously doesn't enjoy having the Muslim Brotherhood in power anywhere and now the military has forced them out of power.

Omega Vision
The funny thing is that a lot of opposition protesters in Tahrir Square were muttering about how the US would surely support Morsi and keep him in power.

I think America's main concern is stability, and Morsi has proven that he's unable to rule Egypt without making enemies of half the country and destabilizing it. On one hand I don't like the idea of a democractically elected leader being removed from power by the military, but then on the other I think Morsi had plenty of chances to meet the opposition half way and flouted them all, assuming that he'd always have the military's support.

jaden101
Egypt is on the way to becoming a lost cause. No one side will ever be given enough time by the other to actually make a change for the better. The only solution for the time being is military rule and a complete clamp down on unrest from either side until the economy is back on its feet. Then another election. 10 years minimum. Without stability it'll get no foreign investment and no tourism which is massively relies on to spread wealth. The vultures will circle and strip the country bare. Without a firm rule for the time being it's ****ed.

Lord Lucien
I doubt they caused. But they definitely welcomed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.