RETURN-Vs. REVENGE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GordonSkywalker
All right classic era fans! Which title do you think is the better name for Episode VI. Do you like Return of the Jedi(the name under which it was released in 1983) or the original but never officially used Revenge of the Jedi? I got the idea for this debate after reading all about it in the recent issue of Star Wars Insider.So what do you guys think? cool

Corran
I prefer Return, revenge seems a little wrong because revenge would be a trait of the dark-side like when Anakin took revenge on the Tusken Raiders, that was wrong and it was him starting to turn to the dark side. It could be that GL though this and thus changed the Title at that point.

finti
what Corran said only better big grinbig grin

GordonSkywalker
Oh I absolutely agree!

justinday15
i have that issue and i think return of the jedi is better yes

GordonSkywalker
Yes I was at Books-A-Million a few nights ago and met this guy who knew a whole bunch of stuff about the merchandise released under the "Revenge" banner.He used to work in an old theater and came across a "Revenge" advanced poster and some other movie-related stuff. It's amazing because until I met him and read the Insider I did not know any bit of merchandise had been released with that title.

justinday15
Me too i just found out last weekend when i was reading insider.

cookies2006
And i found out just last weekend too from jd15.

GordonSkywalker
Great! So we are all in the picture then! By the way, White Shadow I didn't understand the message you sent me. confused

cookies2006
I didn't really understand it myself.

GordonSkywalker
Ah still familiarising yourself with the controls are you? Good, good.

cookies2006
I think ill be just fine. Just a little more time is all i need.

GordonSkywalker
Don't worry about it.

cookies2006
Anyway, revenge sounds better but it doesnt really fit along with the story like return does.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah because Luke doesn't actually go to Vader and Palpatine for revenge but to save his father from his evil master.

cookies2006
To try to return his father to the light side. And he does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.