X-men vs batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cattyliu
What do you think about X-men? do you think it is better than batman?

-Pr-
In terms of book quality?

They used to be, imo, but nowadays, no.

BruceSkywalker
lol.. bat books rule.. x men books need better artwork and storytelling

Salthasha
My opinion is as you increase the titles you decrease the talent pool by which to draw from so, Dc is being written as a whole much better than marvel, we need one x men book one x force book one new mutants book and one x factor book. Id love to see an Excalibur brought back but with new heroes new story lines.

Look at the saturation Uncanny X men, X men, Astonishing X men, X men legacy, Wolverine and the X-men, Uncanny Avengers. Its frigging ridiculous. Clairemont kept it rolling with just one title and that title dominated the industry.
From Uncanny 94 to 279 there was in my opinion never a better writer than Clairemont.

StyleTime
I wouldn't mind decreasing the number of X-Titles. Most of 'em are pretty lame.

KingD19
The only 3 X-Books worth reading right now imo are Uncanny X-Men, Battle of the Atom, and All New X-Men.

continlawyer1
No, Batman is better than X-Man.....

Salthasha
well that is certainly your opinion, before the new 52 i think gail simones work on birds of prey was some really great stuff. Since Clairmont left the x titles have been stagnant and rife with character change power change retelling old themes in a different way and ridiculous plot lines. Since I have nearly every uncanny book in my collection I still collect but reading them is a chore.

StyleTime
Claremont added his share of crap to the X-Pile too. Uncanny X-Men: The New Age was pretty lame. The whole thing.

Salthasha
x men need a full on whole sale reboot, Marvel as a whole does

-Pr-
Agreed. Too much shite needs to be cleaned up and streamlined.

Of course, I would hope that we wouldn't lose some of the things that made the characters as good as they could be.

Lek Kuen
If they rebooted X-men, they would make Cyclops Magneto's apprentice from an early age instead of which chuck and them. Wolverine would lead the first X-men group

-Pr-
That's the kind of shit i'd be afraid of.

Lek Kuen
I wonder what they would do with Emma if they rebooted

-Pr-
Let Wolverine **** her, probably.

Lek Kuen
New love conflict. Wolverine-Jean-Emma-Gambit

-Pr-
Ugh, the sad part is, I can see that shit happening.

Lek Kuen
And Cyclops dates Miss Sinister

-Pr-
Kinky.

Lek Kuen
Personally I think a long time ago, Cyclops should have truly replaced Xavier and taught a new generation. Not the half assed way he did in comics where his team was still the focus. I mean like move it forward with him as a non douchbag mentor for a team that won't be forgotten in 2 years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.