Amalgam fusion brother vs. Pre-retcon Beyonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Who wins? The bros fusion or Beyonder at his peak?

operator616
hard to say, in their original portrayal, LT and the spectre managed to affect them and even merge them together, however when the brothers unleashed their full fury against each other, LT and the spectre were merely unnoticeable ants compared to them.

then they were retconned a year later in adventures of x men #12, apparently it was LT along with the spectre who fashioned them. Though they were vastly depowered they still held mega-versal power/authority (all this confirmed in the bio)

so only pre retcon brothers should be a match for the beyonder, though there can only be speculations regarding the winner between the 2 sides.

Cogito
The Brothers were representations of their respective companies.

The Beyonder existed within Marvel (whether he existed outside of the Marvel multiverse or not), and therefore within the Brother representing Marvel.

/thread

Mr Master
^^ no expression ... The Brothers appeared nearly 10 years after Beyonder's retcon.

That said, Beyonder did not, and never did,
and never would've existed within any Brother.

Shooter's creation was specific, this is why trying to mesh these characters/histories,
would just create paradoxes and thus pointless to attempt a connection.

Cogito
Originally posted by Mr Master
^^ no expression ... The Brothers appeared nearly 10 years after Beyonder's retcon.

That said, Beyonder did not, and never did,
and never would've existed within any Brother.

Shooter's creation was specific, this is why trying to mesh these characters/histories,
would just create paradoxes and thus pointless to attempt a connection.

no expression

The Brothers represent the companies...can we agree on that?

And the Beyonder, regardless of whether it was 10 years before, are a part of Marvel...can we agree on that?

If so, it's pretty cut and dry.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Cogito
no expression

The Brothers represent the companies...can we agree on that?

And the Beyonder, regardless of whether it was 10 years before, are a part of Marvel...can we agree on that?

If so, it's pretty cut and dry.
no expression

The Brothers "represent the companies" ...
yet the LT & Spectre warped the shit out of both of them by merging them forcibly,
which nearly obliterated both Brothers.

Beyonder was outside the Marvelverse.
Beyonder always was, since Beyonder had no beginning.
Beyonder was the supreme being of everything Outside the Marvelverse.
Beyonder was like GOD before there was a Genesis.

Again, if I were to consider the Marvel Brother,
it would encompass the droplet of water (Marvelverse) Beyonder found.

Now that's cut and dry.

Galan007
...Yet when the Brothers unleashed their powers against one another in a battle setting, LT and Spectre were literally powerless against them.

Anyhow, the Brothers win, imo. They were clearly meant to represent the sum-total of Marvel/DC proper.

Mr Master
^^ And Beyonder was meant to be what he was meant to be,
this is why this never works.

That debate aside cause it will go nowhere, I loved the fireworks
display outside my balcony. I have a juicy view from the 17th floor
on a 102nd st right by the river. It was gorgeous, I could feel the
booms/bangs.

How was your 4th of July?

Galan007
Unfortunately I was working, so I was busy dealing with drunk idiots most of the night. thumb down

Mr Master
^^ ... bummer. sad ... Did you at-least get to bust a head?

Galan007
Lol, no. Would have been nice, though.

abhilegend
Brothers win.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Anyhow, the Brothers win, imo. They were clearly meant to represent the sum-total of Marvel/DC proper.
thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
...Yet when the Brothers unleashed their powers against one another in a battle setting, LT and Spectre were literally powerless against them.

Agree with this. LT and Spectre were like ants to the brothers.

The oft cited "retcon" is kind of silly on the part of the writer, considering the "Marvel vs DC" story isn't canon to either universe anyways.

guy222
Brothers

kevdude
Hey Guy! How was your 4th of July? I'd say AF Brother.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.