Hancock vs. Zod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Round 1: Hancock vs. Zod before Zod learned to control his earthly powers. So no flight and no heat vision, with helmet and armor.

Round 2. Hancock vs. Zod with full powers but without armor.

Fight to the death, who wins?

marwash22
i don't think gimping Zod is necessary. Nothing in suggested that heat vision would hurt Hancock.

Draw. Zod's the better fighter and would probably beat the crap outta Hancock, but i don't see how Zod puts him down. Also, we've seen that Zod's neck can be broken... we don't know if Hancock's neck can be broken, or if he'd heal from it.

Lord Lucien
Yeah Hancock's only shown taking any damage when he's mortal. He could be infinitely durable for all the movie shows. Zod's neck can be snapped in a headlock, something Hancock's probably a lot more willing to do than Superman.

Zack Fair
I think Zod takes it.

More skilled and brutal.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yeah Hancock's only shown taking any damage when he's mortal. He could be infinitely durable for all the movie shows. Zod's neck can be snapped in a headlock, something Hancock's probably a lot more willing to do than Superman.

I haven't seen much suggesting that Hancock can even pin down Zod. Hancock also doesn't draw power from the sun unlike Zod, so distance from it and time of day have to be taken into consideration. Zod is also a combatant of greater discipline. As suggested by the movie, he's essentially born to fight, so he'll have an experience edge.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I haven't seen much suggesting that Hancock can even pin down Zod. Hancock also doesn't draw power from the sun unlike Zod, so distance from it and time of day have to be taken into consideration. Your posts is suggesting two different preferences, which is the one you're going with?

Sacred 117
Zod. The theme of MoS speaks of him being "bread to be a warrior". Of course, that's not an exact quote, but that's basically the point of it. In direct sunlight, Zod will also gradually increase in stats, thus undoubtedly surpassing Hancock.

marwash22
How long do you think this fight would last? It would have to go on for years for sun absorption to amp him to the point of surpassing Hancock.

Also, going by what's seen on-screen, Hancock has better strength feats than what Superman showed in MoS, so Hancock pinning Zod down shouldn't be a problem.

BruceSkywalker
Zod

SevenShackles
Round one is sort of a give away win to Hancock.. At that point (helmet Zod) can be beaten by simply bashing his head in until his helmet eventually gives way and the sensory overload happens.. At that point he was so thrown off he had to retreat (with the help of his minions) so I'd say Hancock eventually punches Zods helmet until it breaks unknowingly weakening him and then kills Zod or KOs Him.

marwash22
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Zod completely unbiased.

laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
Been a while since I've seen Hancock, I can't remember his feats too well.

marwash22
completely tanked and speeding train.

chucked a whale a few 100 yards with little effort.

Sans the gravity thing (which i think he could duplicate) he survived pretty much everything Superman did in MoS without breaking a sweat.

marwash22
spray painted the moon... not all that relevant, but it was cool.

KingD19
That was at least a mile. And he also tore through a skyscraper while scrapping with Mary. They weren't even fighting, they were just tumbling through the air.

Hancock also has control of tornadoes.

marwash22
^ people always argue that Hancock can't do weather manip because he didn't show it on screen. They say only Mary can do it. heh.

KingD19
Actually he did. When he and Mary squared off, she called down the lightning, he called down the tornadoes. That's why they landed by him and he looked so surprised. They confirmed it in the behind the scenes stuff.

Zack Fair
Yeah. Mary also said she is stronger than him. So either she can cast tornadoes because she is stronger, of Hancock can't do it because he is a noob who forgot everything about their powers.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by marwash22
^ people always argue that Hancock can't do weather manip because he didn't show it on screen. They say only Mary can do it. heh.

Weren't there two weather effects going on? I might be wrong as some time has passed since I have watched 100% of the movie but I was under the impression that the lightning was due to one and the tornados the other.. Then again I remember Hancock looking kind of surprised at the tornados forming near him and she didn't at all so I can see where the argument that it was all her (the one that actually had her memories and might remember how to use more exotic powers) might make more sense.

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
Actually he did. When he and Mary squared off, she called down the lightning, he called down the tornadoes. That's why they landed by him and he looked so surprised. They confirmed it in the behind the scenes stuff. orly!

guess i need to watch those dvd features.

KingD19
orly!

guess i need to watch those dvd features.

Yeah. I've been trying to find the video on youtube like mad, but the title is weird and you have to be really specific or it won't come up.

But yes, Hancock manipulates wind/air/tornadoes. And pretty much the reason Mary claimed she was stronger was because she knew all she could do and thought all he had was his physical abilities. But his strength was shown to be greater than hers when even in weakened states, he pinned her down and she couldn't get up.

BruceSkywalker
completely unbiased.

laughing out loud

lolz.. don't remember hancock being all that but please post his feats then maybe i will change my mind

marwash22
completely tanked and speeding train.

chucked a whale a few 100 yards with little effort.

Sans the gravity thing (which i think he could duplicate) he survived pretty much everything Superman did in MoS without breaking a sweat.

Superman didn't do anything in MoS that puts him above Hancock's level of strength or durability. Hankcock actually has better strength feats and better durability feats.

SevenShackles
Superman didn't do anything in MoS that puts him above Hancock's level of strength or durability. Hankcock actually has better strength feats and better durability feats.

What are his better durability feats?

marwash22
Never getting hurt in his entire movie, until his powers were gimped via being in the presence of Mary.

Kal was visibly tired on a number of occasions and needed the sun to heal.

Newjak
Originally posted by SevenShackles
What are his better durability feats? The probably one of the better ones I remember from the movie is he stood infront of a speeding locomotive and just tanked it. Hancock didn't even budge when it ran into him.

He also casually slapped away an rpg in a fight.

S_W_LeGenD
Also, going by what's seen on-screen, Hancock has better strength feats than what Superman showed in MoS, so Hancock pinning Zod down shouldn't be a problem.
Excuse me?

Superman was tossing around train engines and what not. Most notably, he survived below the pressure unleashed by the World Engine machine and tore one of them apart in the process.

Superman is far more powerful then Hancock. He could lift mountains; heck, his greatest feat (as per my knowledge) is rotating the entire Earth, bending time and space in the process.

---

I think Zod can defeat Hancock.

Newjak
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Excuse me?

Superman was tossing around train engines and what not. Most notably, he survived below the pressure unleashed by the World Engine machine and tore one of them apart in the process.

Superman is far more powerful then Hancock. He could lift mountains; heck, his greatest feat (as per my knowledge) is rotating the entire Earth, bending time and space in the process.

---

I think Zod can defeat Hancock. You know no one really knows how much gravity or pressure Superman had to overcome to fly through the World Engine.

Most of those feats are from previous films of Superman.

MoS Superman doesn't have those feats since it's a reboot.

marwash22
Superman was tossing around train engines and what not. Most notably, he survived below the pressure unleashed by the World Engine machine and tore one of them apart in the process. Hancock was hit by a speeding train and wasn't harmed at all... he didn't even get moved from his position.

/trumped.

None of those things happened in MoS.

irrelevant.

Silent Master

Could you post the MOS clips where these feats happened?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Newjak
You know no one really knows how much gravity or pressure Superman had to overcome to fly through the World Engine.
Just two of those machines would have destroyed entire planet. They were manipulating Earth Core. Around them, skyscrapers were falling apart as if nothing; beneath them, nothing could survive.

Most of those feats are from previous films of Superman.

MoS Superman doesn't have those feats since it's a reboot.
Superman grows in power with passage of time. In MoS, he shown honing and learning about his abilities. Also, even in MoS, Superman tolerates and handles lot more then Hancock have demonstrated.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Could you post the MOS clips where these feats happened?
They happened in original trilogy.

FrothByte
Superman had trouble supporting that oil rig. Hancock didn't even budge an inch after being hit by a train. Key words are "didn't budge an inch".

marwash22

They happened in original trilogy. are you under the impression that MoS is a sequel?

Silent Master
They happened in original trilogy.

This thread is about MOS Zod.

S_W_LeGenD
are you under the impression that MoS is a sequel?
Prequel perhaps. MoS offers detailed background information on Superman.

Originally posted by FrothByte
Superman had trouble supporting that oil rig. Hancock didn't even budge an inch after being hit by a train. Key words are "didn't budge an inch".
And after that? He have so many feats under his belt just in MoS; he is depicted learning about his abilities in MoS actually. His World Engine shattering feat is better then anything Hancock have demonstrated, period.

Silent Master
Prequel perhaps. MoS offers detailed background information on Superman..

Given everything that happened in MOS, please explain how it could possibly be considered a prequel to the original Superman movies.

marwash22
Prequel perhaps. MoS offers detailed background information on Superman. what does that have to do with the other movies? MoS is in no way connected to any other Superman movies.

And after that? He have so many feats under his belt just in MoS; he is depicted learning about his abilities in MoS actually. His World Engine shattering feat is better then anything Hancock have demonstrated, period. Kal struggled under the gravity, and the feat almost killed him. You have no idea how much gravity was being projected by the engine.

hancock stopped like 5k tons of force without being moved and without being harmed at all.

unquantifiable feat that almost kills the person involved < quantifiable feat that had zero effect on the person involved.

S_W_LeGenD
Given everything that happened in MOS, please explain how it could possibly be considered a prequel to the original Superman movies.
MoS covers Zod segment. The original trilogy expands much further. Story wise, planet influencing feat occurs later.

what does that have to do with the other movies? MoS is in no way connected to any other Superman movies.
It is reboot of the series. A sequel is rumored.

Kal struggled under the gravity, and the feat almost killed him. You have no idea how much gravity was being projected by the engine.

hancock stopped like 5k tons of force without being moved and without being harmed at all.
Have you watched the movie? The World Engines were shattering skyscrapers around them and nothing could survive beneath them. They were drilling and influencing the inner Earth core itself. 5k tons of force does not even registers in comparison.

Superman tossed a train engine around like a fly.

unquantifiable feat that almost kills the person involved < quantifiable feat that had zero effect on the person involved.
You are absolutely clueless.

marwash22
bermm

S_W_LeGenD
bermm
The World Engines would have destroyed entire planet, if superman had not stopped them.

Mindset
The World Engines would have destroyed entire planet, if superman had not stopped them. No it wouldn't...did you even watch the movie?

marwash22
You are absolutely clueless. laughing out loud

Silent Master
MoS covers Zod segment. The original trilogy expands much further. Story wise, planet influencing feat occurs later.

The original movies had Superman/Lois' first meeting when he saved her from falling from a helicopter...how exactly can MOS be a prequel?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Mindset
No it wouldn't...did you even watch the movie?
I have watched the movie. Everything on the surface of the planet would have been destroyed or killed by World Engines. Those engines were going to reshape Earth for the aliens.

The original movies had Superman/Lois' first meeting when he saved her from falling from a helicopter...how exactly can MOS be a prequel?
Some elements of the original story is being re-written. Reboots are more canon then originals? These are just money-making tactics.

KingD19
Weren't the World Engines terraforming Earth to make it more like Krypton? They wouldn't have destroyed the planet, they would have fundamentally altered it. Can't use a planet that's destroyed now can you?

Also, as a reboot of a series, you can't use feats displayed in a previous incarnation.

We don't go around saying Garfield Spider-Man has organic webs and can stop runaway trains because Toby Spider-Man did that, and Garfield is from the reboot.

Mindset
I have watched the movie. Everything on the surface of the planet would have been destroyed or killed by World Engines. Those engines were going to reshape Earth for the aliens. No, it wouldn't.

You need to watch it again.

It was changing the atmosphere.

Silent Master
Weren't the World Engines terraforming Earth to make it more like Krypton? They wouldn't have destroyed the planet, they would have fundamentally altered it. Can't use a planet that's destroyed now can you?

Also, as a reboot of a series, you can't use feats displayed in a previous incarnation.

We don't go around saying Garfield Spider-Man has organic webs and can stop runaway trains because Toby Spider-Man did that, and Garfield is from the reboot.

According to him, MOS is a prequel and not a reboot.

KingD19
According to him, MOS is a prequel and not a reboot.

And according to crazy Christian Fundamentalists, the world was created only 2,000 years ago. Doesn't make it true.

eek!

S_W_LeGenD
No, it wouldn't.

You need to watch it again.

It was changing the atmosphere.
I think you need to watch it again.

Two World Engines were deployed on opposite angles of Earth; they were to link with each other after reaching Earth Core. The entire planet was to be re-made or something.

What do you think the World Engine is doing here?

http://comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/man-of-steel-attack-on-metropolis.png

You consider this weather manipulation? Give me a break.

The weather manipulation was only one of their objectives.

laughing out loud
Yes, you are. And it is not funny.

marwash22
can't tell if this dude is trolling or stupid af.

either way, i am thoroughly entertained.

Mindset
He's an idiot.

S_W_LeGenD
can't tell if this dude is trolling or stupid af.

either way, i am thoroughly entertained.
So this is your typical reaction when you loose an argument?

@Mindset

Is their a reason for being rude? You act like as if you developed the movie and you know its entire story. Watch it again and find out how wrong you are.

Tell me, why skyscrapers would fall around World Machines if they were just manipulating weather?

Mindset
I did develop the movie.

Who said anything about weather?

S_W_LeGenD
I did develop the movie.

Who said anything about weather?
Trolling begins...

Well, why would changing atmosphere result in destruction of Earth surface?

KingD19
Wasn't it gravity manipulation? As Krypton's gravity was much different from Earth's? Increased gravity would explain skyscrapers falling down. They're built to Earth's standard of gravity, if the gravity gets heavier, they can no longer support themselves.

Mindset
Concession accepted.

Hancock 10/10.

Silent Master
You still haven't explained how MOS is a prequel, when this happened in the original movie _izM3y2SE44

S_W_LeGenD
Wasn't it gravity manipulation? As Krypton's gravity was much different from Earth's? Increased gravity would explain skyscrapers falling down. They're built to Earth's standard of gravity, if the gravity gets heavier, they can no longer support themselves.
The World Machines were repeatedly pounding Earth's surface (causing extremely powerful tremors) which resulted in collapse of infrastructure around them and vice versa. Your explanation doesn't makes sense.

Concession accepted.

Hancock 10/10.
In your dreams.

You still haven't explained how MOS is a prequel, when this happened in the original movie _izM3y2SE44
Question should be: does it retcons original trilogy?

Silent Master
The World Machines were repeatedly pounding Earth's surface (causing extremely powerful tremors) which resulted in collapse of infrastructure around them and vice versa. Your explanation doesn't makes sense.

Newjak
Wasn't it gravity manipulation? As Krypton's gravity was much different from Earth's? Increased gravity would explain skyscrapers falling down. They're built to Earth's standard of gravity, if the gravity gets heavier, they can no longer support themselves. It was all kinds of things. The world engine was going to terraform everything including gravity to make it like Krypton.

But the main visual effect on the city was the gravity manipulation which is why things would go up and then go down.

KingD19
Didn't Superman already kill Zod and Faora in a previous movie? How would that make this a Prequel?

S_W_LeGenD
It was all kinds of things. The world engine was going to terraform everything including gravity to make it like Krypton.

But the main visual effect on the city was the gravity manipulation which is why things would go up and then go down.
Makes sense.

Yes, the whole process was very complex and the machines were simultaneously doing a lot; producing extremely powerful tremors; drilling; terraforming and possibly more.

Didn't Superman already kill Zod and Faora in a previous movie? How would that make this a Prequel?
Even if it is a retelling of the original trilogy, it will take several sequels to overwrite the original trilogy. Man of Steel 2 have been already announced.

Silent Master
Makes sense.

Yes, the whole process was very complex and the machines were simultaneously doing a lot; producing extremely powerful tremors; drilling; terraforming and possibly more.

Even if it is a retelling of the original trilogy, it will take several sequels to overwrite the original trilogy. Man of Steel 2 have been already announced.

S_W_LeGenD
I used the word "perhaps." Try to understand points instead of trolling.

KingD19

That's not how reboots work. Once a series is rebooted, it becomes the current incarnation and the ones before it become previous. The original Superman movies still count, but in their own standalone way.

So MOS Superman only has 1 movie with feats from that 1 movie. We can't give him feats from previous series.

S_W_LeGenD
That's not how reboots work. Once a series is rebooted, it becomes the current incarnation and the ones before it become previous. The original Superman movies still count, but in their own standalone way.

So MOS Superman only has 1 movie with feats from that 1 movie. We can't give him feats from previous series.
I prefer to consider character on the whole. MoS depicts Superman in learning phase; we can expect more from him even in reboot "series." MoS 2 have been announced.

Silent Master
I used the word "perhaps." Try to understand points instead of trolling.

You were bringing in feats from other movies and when called on it, you used MOS possibly being a prequel.

So either you think it's a prequel and thus feats from the original trilogy can be used, or it's not a prequal and you were trying to sneak invalid feats into the debate....which is it?

S_W_LeGenD
You were bringing in feats from other movies and when called on it, you used MOS possibly being a prequel.

So either you think it's a prequel and thus feats from the original trilogy can be used, or it's not a prequal and you were trying to sneak invalid feats into the debate....which is it?
Explained above.

KingD19
I prefer to consider character on the whole. MoS depicts Superman in learning phase; we can expect more from him even in reboot "series." MoS 2 have been announced.

What you prefer doesn't really matter in this instance. For now, the only movie we have to go on is Man of Steel. You can't claim he'll get stronger or this or that until we see it. So we go by the feats he has. Period.

Newjak
Makes sense.

Even if it is a retelling of the original trilogy, it will take several sequels to overwrite the original trilogy. Man of Steel 2 have been already announced. The MoS trilogy isn't the same as the previous movies and it's not a prequel for them.

It's an entirely new Superman being retold with a different story and plot.

This Superman doesn't have any of the feats of the previous movie Supermen.

S_W_LeGenD
Is their official declaration of retcon of original Superman trilogy?

Silent Master
Explained above.

Your "I perfer to consider character on the whole" doesn't explain anything, the only way feats from the original movies would count is if MOS is actually a prequel.

So, is the movie a prequel, or were you trying to sneak in invalid feats?

KingD19
Reboot does not = Retcon. But you can't use previous version feats with the rebooted version. It's not hard.

S_W_LeGenD
Your "I perfer to consider character on the whole" doesn't explain anything, the only way for feats from the original movies would count is if MOS is actually a prequel.

So, is the movie a prequel, or were you trying to sneak in invalid feats?
Answer my question above. Show me an official declaration of original Superman trilogy being retconned.

Reboot does not = Retcon. But you can't use previous version feats with the rebooted version. It's not hard.
So I am dealing with fan(s) imposed declarations and norms here?

Sorry, I am sticking with canon.

Newjak
Is their official declaration of retcon of original Superman trilogy? It's a reboot, it's not retconning anything, this is an entirely new Superman.

Everything that came before in the other movies don't apply to MoS Superman.

Silent Master
Answer my question above. Show me an official declaration of original Superman trilogy being retconned.

I'm going to ask you again, is MOS a prequel to the original movies?

marwash22
i suspect English isn't this dude's first language.

S_W_LeGenD
It's a reboot, it's not retconning anything, this is an entirely new Superman.

Everything that came before in the other movies don't apply to MoS Superman.
They key word is "MoS" in your statement. Of-course, if I just consider "MoS" depiction then I am considering a restricted or limited portrayal (or incarnation) of superman character. This is just like if I only consider "SR" portrayal (or incarnation) of superman.

However, on the whole, superman have a lot bigger story and many feats accordingly. Of-course, their are conflicts between depicted events and latest depictions are given preference over older ones but canon should be respected on the whole. Superman's earth influencing feat is canon until or unless the story is changed in the reboot trilogy. But then, superman canon rules should be defined by authoritarians as is the case in Star Wars.

KingD19

So I am dealing with fan(s) imposed declarations and norms here?

Sorry, I am sticking with canon.

MoS is canon, just like all the other Supermen movies are canon. But they're individual canon. They don't connect. So you can't use Superman's fight against Meteor Man as a feat for MoS, since MoS didn't fight him.

KingD19
They key word is "MoS" in your statement. Of-course, if I just consider "MoS" depiction then I am considering a restricted or limited portrayal (or incarnation) of superman character. This is just like if I only consider "SR" portrayal (or incarnation) of superman.

However, on the whole, superman have a lot bigger story and many feats accordingly.

That doesn't matter. This is Zod from the new Man of Steel movie. Only feats from the Man of Steel movie count. How do you not get this?

Silent Master

However, on the whole, superman have a lot bigger story and many feats accordingly.

http://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-superman-man-of-steel-reboot-sandy-106351/

S_W_LeGenD

Silent Master

S_W_LeGenD
Reboot means to start over, that means it's a new series.
Technically, yes; reboot is supposed to retcon previous canon or depiction. However, developers are talking about "respecting the canon" in this case. These kind of reboots are just money-minting exercises.

KingD19
Thanks for this link.

Well, he is even better in MoS if I recall correctly... cool

Tossing around heavy vehicles; shooting lazers; shattering skyscrapers; tolerating freezing space; being able to fly around just like superman; heavily experienced in combat...

Hancock and Mary did that. Hancock can control tornadoes, while Mary controls lightning. Hancock and Mary while weakened smashed through a skyscraper on accident. Hancock flew to the moon and painted it before anyone noticed it was painted, then flew back to New York still before anyone noticed. Hancock can fly as well. Hancock is experienced in combat as well and has fast enough reflexes to brush off an RPG round.

cool

Silent Master
Technically yes. Reboot is supposed to retcon previous canon or depiction. However, developers are talking about "respecting the canon" in this case.

Respecting canon doesn't mean that feats from an old series count....it means things like keeping him a Kryptonian that was sent to Earth and has superpowers that he uses to protect people, rather than making him a normal human that got his powers from a meteor that landed in his backyard.

S_W_LeGenD
Hancock and Mary did that. Hancock can control tornadoes, while Mary controls lightning. Hancock and Mary while weakened smashed through a skyscraper on accident. Hancock flew to the moon and painted it before anyone noticed it was painted, then flew back to New York still before anyone noticed. Hancock can fly as well. Hancock is experienced in combat as well and has fast enough reflexes to brush off an RPG round.

cool
Weather controlling power doesn't helps Hancock in this fight; Zod can tolerate all such things. Zod's laser would be an issue of Hancock to deal with.

This link contains a scene depicting Zod destroying buildings with his laser vision: http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/05/man-of-steel-superman-funny-gifs-tv-spots-posters/

Speed wise, Hancock might be better but being able to trade punches with superman indicates unprecedented strength and Hancock doesn't matches Superman's power (World Machine busting feat).

Zod is too powerful for Hancock to control.

Respecting canon doesn't mean that feats from an old series count....it means things like keeping him a Kryptonian that was sent to Earth and has superpowers that he uses to protect people, rather than making him a normal human that got his powers from a meteor that landed in his backyard.
Even if we just consider reboot, Superman's character is in self-exploratory situation. The full extent of his capabilities are not yet known in this context.

From the link:

Superman fans definitely have their own thoughts and feelings about how to properly portray the character onscreen, but there's always the question of how much influence they should bear. On his end, Snyder at least seems interested in pushing the envelope and crafting a Man of Steel adventure that doesn't ignore the history of franchise but is very much its own creation as well. Take that as you will.

KingD19
Weather controlling power doesn't helps Hancock in this fight. Zod can tolerate all such things. Zod's laser would be an issue of Hancock to deal with.

This link contains a scene depicting Zod destroying buildings with his laser vision: http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/05/man-of-steel-superman-funny-gifs-tv-spots-posters/

Speed wise, Hancock might be better but being able to trade punches with superman indicates unprecedented strength so Hancock doesn't matches Superman's power (World Machine busting feat).

Zod is too powerful for Hancock to control.

Hancock put out an apartment fire and was completely unaffected from the heat. He flew through space and was completely unaffected by the cold. Temps shouldn't be a problem for him.

The tornadoes he created were massive in size.

And Hancock's feats make it plain to see he could trade punches with Superman as well, and especially Zod since he wasn't as strong as Kal-El, because he hadn't been on Earth that long.

Even if we just consider reboot, Superman's character is in self-exploratory situation. The full extent of his capabilities are not yet known in this context.

From the link:

Superman fans definitely have their own thoughts and feelings about how to properly portray the character onscreen, but there's always the question of how much influence they should bear. On his end, Snyder at least seems interested in pushing the envelope and crafting a Man of Steel adventure that doesn't ignore the history of franchise but is very much its own creation as well. Take that as you will.

You can't claim feats he doesn't have. Until we see another movie, all we can go on is what he's shown. Those are the rules.

Silent Master

From the link:

As it is a reboot, MOS is all we can use for feats as it's the only movie where these new characters are shown.

S_W_LeGenD
Hancock put out an apartment fire and was completely unaffected from the heat. He flew through space and was completely unaffected by the cold. Temps shouldn't be a problem for him.
Zod have these capabilities.

The tornadoes he created were massive in size.
They wouldn't hold Superman and Zod.

And Hancock's feats make it plain to see he could trade punches with Superman as well, and especially Zod since he wasn't as strong as Kal-El, because he hadn't been on Earth that long.
Hancock will put up a fight against Superman but will eventually go down. When Superman gathers strength, he is too powerful for any other super-character.

You can't claim feats he doesn't have. Until we see another movie, all we can go on is what he's shown. Those are the rules.
Show me official declaration of original trilogy being invalidated.

FrothByte
Ugh, this is getting out of hand. We are discussing Zod here from the MOS movie, and only that version of Zod. Period.

As for flying into the world breaker being more impressive than stopping the train, how would you know? There wasn't any way for us to quantify how strong that world breaker was. If all we can say about the world breaker is that it seemed strong because it was crushing cars and buildings well, if the train smashed into a building or a car then you'd pretty much have the same effect, probably more so.

Superman struggled with the world breaker, Hancock shrugged off that train.

KingD19
Zod have these capabilities.

They wouldn't hold Superman and Zod.

Hancock will put up a fight against Superman but will eventually go down. When Superman gathers strength, he is too powerful.

Show me official declaration of original trilogy being retconned.

I know Zod can pull that off. The point I'm making is that so can Hancock, so claiming his heat vision is the be all end all is wrong.

And this is not against Superman, this is against Zod. Who wasn't as powerful due to just getting to Earth.

The tornadoes wouldn't hold them, but they'd definitely be affected. At least enough for Hancock to press an offensive attack.

And you have to be slow to not get what we mean. I'm not even insulting you, I just fail to see how you don't understand something so simple. This is a "specific" version of Zod. You can't claim feats from a "different" version of Zod.

We can't say MoS Superman can lift an island of Kryptonite because he didn't do it. The previous Superman can however, because he did.

S_W_LeGenD
As for flying into the world breaker being more impressive than stopping the train, how would you know? There wasn't any way for us to quantify how strong that world breaker was. If all we can say about the world breaker is that it seemed strong because it was crushing cars and buildings well, if the train smashed into a building or a car then you'd pretty much have the same effect, probably more so.

Superman struggled with the world breaker, Hancock shrugged off that train.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gWQaU40PH24/TQrrAq1H3sI/AAAAAAAAJ74/n1uDMSTPSec/s320/Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH%255B1%255D.jpg

A train doesn't even registers against the destructive capabilities and power of the World Engine. Re-check all of previous posts in this thread to learn about World Engine.

Also, Superman tossed a train engine like a missile in MoS.

KingD19
Tossing a train engine doesn't compare to stopping a speeding freight train with thousands of tons of force and momentum behind it.

S_W_LeGenD
Tossing a train engine doesn't compare to stopping a speeding freight train with thousands of tons of force and momentum behind it.
Power required to lift and toss a heavy object like a missile is considerably greater then power required to stop the same object on the ground during its charging motion.

Even if we overlook the train engine tossing feat; the World Engine busting feat trumps everything.

Silent Master
Show me official declaration of original trilogy being invalidated.

You are aware that feats from comic or cartoon Superman can't be used for MOS Superman, correct?

KingD19
Not necessarily. A normal guy in times of extreme adrenaline(his uncle was being crushed under a 2,000-4,000lb car) lifted a car completely off the ground by the front end.

Yet that same guy in the exact same circumstance wouldn't be able to completely stop that car if it was driving at him full speed.

S_W_LeGenD
Not necessarily. A normal guy in times of extreme adrenaline(his uncle was being crushed under a 2,000-4,000lb car) lifted a car completely off the ground by the front end.

Yet that same guy in the exact same circumstance wouldn't be able to completely stop that car if it was driving at him full speed.
The action being discussed involves lifting + tossing activities. You analogy is invalid. Lifting itself isn't a big deal; tossing or hurling like a missile (after lifting) is the most difficult feat with a heavy object.

FrothByte
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gWQaU40PH24/TQrrAq1H3sI/AAAAAAAAJ74/n1uDMSTPSec/s320/Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH%255B1%255D.jpg

A train doesn't even registers against the destructive capabilities and power of the World Engine. Re-check all of previous posts in this thread to learn about World Engine.

Also, Superman tossed a train engine like a missile in MoS.

Are you serious? One "slam" of that world engine flattened cars and cracked buildings. If you get a freight train traveling at full speed and smash it vertically against a car, not only would the car be crushed but the pavement under will also suffer way more damage than what the world engine did. The world engine needed repeated "slams" to generate the amount of destruction it did. It's not like it generated that destruction in a single pulse.

S_W_LeGenD
Are you serious? One "slam" of that world engine flattened cars and cracked buildings. If you get a freight train traveling at full speed and smash it vertically against a car, not only would the car be crushed but the pavement under will also suffer way more damage than what the world engine did. The world engine needed repeated "slams" to generate the amount of destruction it did. It's not like it generated that destruction in a single pulse.
You should watch the movie again; The skyscrapers began to fall apart around the World Engine. It was repeatedly striking the ground because its ultimate objective was to influence the inner Earth Core.

Should I tell you that how deep the inner Earth Core is?

Do not force me to get the movie and show some images from it that will shut every critic here.

Superman endured world engine's crushing pressure for several minutes and then destroyed it in the process after gathering his power. The feat trumps anything depicted in Hancock movie.

FrothByte
You should watch the movie again; The skyscrapers began to fall apart around the World Engine. It was repeatedly striking the ground because its ultimate objective was to influence the inner Earth Core.

Should I tell you that how deep the inner Earth Core is?

Do not force me to get the movie and show some images from it that will shut every critic here.

Superman endured world engine's crushing pressure for several minutes and then destroyed it in the process after gathering his power. The feat trumps anything depicted in Hancock movie.

Skyscrapers began to fall around the world engine... and you don't think a locomotive hitting the building at full speed won't wreck it as well? The buildings were starting to get destroyed but that took repeated pulses from the world breaker. Yes, you need to watch the movie again.

And what has the deepness of the earth's core got to do with this? The world breaker wasn't cracking open the earth's core. There were two of them sending shock waves back and forth trying to terraform earth.

Fact is, there's no way to quantify the pressure exerted by the world breakers. We know it's strong, but we don't know how strong. Saying "Superman tanking the world breaker beats any feat of Hancock" is simply guess work since you don't know how strong it was. After all, sure cars and buildings were getting wrecked yet for some reason people were still able to run around.

S_W_LeGenD
Skyscrapers began to fall around the world engine... and you don't think a locomotive hitting the building at full speed won't wreck it as well? The buildings were starting to get destroyed but that took repeated pulses from the world breaker. Yes, you need to watch the movie again.

And what has the deepness of the earth's core got to do with this? The world breaker wasn't cracking open the earth's core. There were two of them sending shock waves back and forth trying to terraform earth.

Fact is, there's no way to quantify the pressure exerted by the world breakers. We know it's strong, but we don't know how strong. Saying "Superman tanking the world breaker beats any feat of Hancock" is simply guess work since you don't know how strong it was. After all, sure cars and buildings were getting wrecked yet for some reason people were still able to run around.
People caught by the World Machine were killed instantly. Lot of casualties have not been shown in the movie for obvious reasons. Also being able to send shockwave through the entire earth mass should tell you something about the pressure exerted by the machine in question. The machine was also drilling; therefore repeated strikes.

Also a lone train cannot demolish a gigantic building. It may pass through it at maximum. However, if a building has extremely think pillars then the train itself may get destroyed.

FrothByte
People caught by the World Machine were killed instantly. Lot of casualties have not been shown in the movie for obvious reasons. Also being able to send shockwave through the entire earth mass should tell you something about the pressure exerted by the machine in question. The machine was also drilling; therefore repeated strikes.

Also a lone train cannot demolish a gigantic building. It may pass through it at maximum. However, if a building has extremely think pillars then the train itself may get destroyed.

And yet this still proves nothing because:

1. World machine power is not quantifiable

and

2. Superman struggled with the world machine. Hancock didn't budge an inch from the train. In short, Superman had to use nearly all his strength to fight the world breaker, Hancock didn't even break a sweat from the train.

marwash22
^ i made the exact same argument on the first page. This dude is not trying to listen to reason.

FrothByte
^ i made the exact same argument on the first page. This dude is not trying to listen to reason.

Yeah, I honestly don't know why I even bother to debate this as Superman isn't even in this fight. It's Zod vs. Hancock and I'm pretty sure Zod never tried his strength against the world breaker.

S_W_LeGenD
And yet this still proves nothing because:

1. World machine power is not quantifiable

and

2. Superman struggled with the world machine. Hancock didn't budge an inch from the train. In short, Superman had to use nearly all his strength to fight the world breaker, Hancock didn't even break a sweat from the train.
The power of World Machine is beyond your understanding, perhaps. Though more information will come out with passage of time. However, time and again, I have pointed out to you that World Machines were destroying everything around them (including gigantic buildings) and were even sending shockwaves through the whole mass of the Earth to influence its inner core which is thousands of kms below surface. If their would have been trains around it, they would also have ended-up destroyed.

A single blow from World Machine results in oceanic water lifting up around it:

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/World-Engine-3.jpg

You realize how much power this is?

If a person is naive enough to think that a train matches World Machine in power and destructive potential then he or she needs medical attention.

Silent Master
Are you still claiming that it was destroying the Earth?

S_W_LeGenD
Are you still claiming that it was destroying the Earth?
Transformation of Earth would have resulted in immense destruction and eradication of all existing life forms on it; a glimpse of this was given in the movie. The whole planet was to be re-done; so technically the machines were capable of inflicting destruction on planetary scale.

Silent Master
Transformation of Earth would have resulted in immense destruction. A glimpse of this was given in the movie. The whole planet was to be re-done.

Again, Are you still claiming that it was destroying the Earth?

S_W_LeGenD
Again, Are you still claiming that it was destroying the Earth?
Are you a human or a bot who keeps parroting statements?

The machines were capable of inflicting destruction on planetary scale. End of argument.

Silent Master
Are you a human or a bot who keeps parroting statements?

The machines were capable of inflicting destruction on planetary scale. End of argument.

You earlier claimed that it could destroy the Earth, I'm asking if that is still your claim.

S_W_LeGenD
You earlier claimed that it could destroy the Earth, I'm asking if that is still your claim.
Who knows how much damage those machines would have inflicted but a scene in the movie reveals that destruction would have been on planetary scale with full eradication/annihilation of all life forms on Earth (Zod showed this simulation to Superman). I will recheck the movie once it arrives in master print on DVD. Till then, I am not engaging in this silly debate further.

Key point: World Machine >>>>>>>>>>>>> Train

Silent Master
Who knows how much damage those machines would have inflicted but a scene in the movie indicates that destruction would have been on planetary scale with full eradication/annihilation of all life forms on Earth. I will recheck the movie once it arrives in master print on DVD. Till then, I am not engaging in this silly debate further.

Key point: World Machine >>>>>>>>>>>>> Train

I'll ask again, you claimed that it could destroy the Earth, is that still your stance?

S_W_LeGenD
I'll ask again, you claimed that it could destroy the Earth, is that still your stance?
Destruction on planetary scale is my stance.

One more bot like question and consider yourself reported.

tkitna
Everybody else seemed to be able to beat up Zod. I see no reason why Hancock wouldnt be able to either.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by tkitna
Everybody else seemed to be able to beat up Zod. I see no reason why Hancock wouldnt be able to either.
Zod in MoS is immensely powerful; much more so then in OT.

Silent Master
Destruction on planetary scale is my stance.

One more bot like question and consider yourself reported.

So, you're admitting that your earlier claim of them being powerful enough to destroy the Earth was a lie?

The World Engines would have destroyed entire planet, if superman had not stopped them.

S_W_LeGenD
So, you're admitting that your earlier claim of them being powerful enough to destroy the Earth was a lie?
So your argument is semantics? Earlier you were trying to argue that Train is more potent than World Machine.

Also, the World Machines were drilling through to influence Earth Crust. Who knows how much damage the shockwaves unleashed by it would have done to the surface of the planet. Very little is known about the World Machine at the moment so give me a break.

Silent Master
So your argument is semantics? Earlier you were trying to argue that Train is more potent than World Machine.

You claimed it could destroy the planet, I'm just asking if that is still your stance.

S_W_LeGenD
You claimed it could destroy the planet, I'm just asking if that is still your stance.
The World Machines were drilling through to influence Earth Crust. Who knows how much damage the shockwaves unleashed by it would have done to the surface of the planet. Very little is known about the World Machine at the moment so give me a break. Your train argument have been defeated so suck it up.

Silent Master
The World Machines were drilling through to influence Earth Crust. Who knows how much damage the shockwaves unleashed by it would have done to the surface of the planet. Very little is known about the World Machine at the moment so give me a break. Your train argument have been defeated so suck it up.

I haven't made a train argument, I'm asking if your stance is still that the world engine can destroy Earth.

S_W_LeGenD
I haven't made a train argument, I'm asking if your stance is still that the world engine can destroy Earth.
I have clarified my position in this regard. Do not expect responses from me to your parroting attempts.

Silent Master
I have clarified my position in this regard. Do not expect responses from me to your parroting attempts.

Looked more like you were changing your argument and hoping that people would forget about your earlier claim, however I'm glad that you've admitted that it can't destroy the Earth.

S_W_LeGenD
Looked more like you were changing your argument and hoping that people would forget about your earlier claim, however I'm glad that you've admitted that it can't destroy the Earth.
Suppose that a bomb is developed and used which destroys all countries and exterminates all life forms on Earth. What is your interpretation of this?

Silent Master
Suppose that a bomb is developed and used which destroys all countries and exterminates all life forms on Earth. What is your interpretation of this?

If the Earth is still there, then it wasn't destroyed.

BTW, If the engine was going to destroy all of the countries on Earth, where were Zod and the other Kryptonians going to live?

S_W_LeGenD
If the Earth is still there, then it wasn't destroyed.
What is your interpretation of the kind of event that I described?

BTW, If the engine was going to destroy all of the countries on Earth, where were Zod and the other Kryptonians going to live?
They didn't needed Earth-like conditions for survival. The World Machines were going to transform Earth into Kryptonian condition suitable for Kryptonians. Of-course, Earth mass would have existed and required; how changed it would have been is open to debate.

Zack Fair
The World Engine was on its way to destroying earth's entire ecosystem.

All countries would have been essentially destroyed as we know them. They would have had to build their world from the ground up.

my 2 cents.

Silent Master
What is your interpretation of the kind of event that I described?

I just told you, if the planet is still there, then is wasn't a planet destroying level attack.

If there is no land left, then where were they going to live?

S_W_LeGenD
I just told you, if the planet is still there, then is wasn't a planet destroying level attack.

If there is no land left, then where were they going to live?
I haven't stated or implied that the World Engines were going to shatter Earth to pieces or they were planted for this task; my original statement have metaphorical vibe.

However, World Machines would have changed Earth fundamentally (both atmosphere and surface situation) which would have resulted in virtual destruction of all countries and extermination of all life forms on Earth. To many humans; this sounds like destroying the planet (in metaphorical sense).

Zack Fair
thumb up

I disagree about the whole not invalidating earlier movies, but you're on point about the world engine.

LOL@Train doing the same damage as the world engine. What a stupid statement.

marwash22
what shockwaves is this dude talking about? There were no shockwaves. There was an increasing radius of gravity being projected... the ground was not shaking at all between the bursts of gravity... there was no shockwaves going through the Earth.

Also...

Kal struggled under the gravity, and the feat almost killed him. You have no idea how much gravity was being projected by the engine.

until you come up with figures that give an estimate for how much force was being pushed down on Kal while under the world machine, the argument of the feat being greater than the train feat is nonsense.

Silent Master
I haven't stated or implied that the World Engines were going to shatter Earth to pieces or they were planted for this task; my original statement have metaphorical vibe.

However, World Machines would have changed Earth fundamentally (both atmosphere and surface situation) which would have resulted in virtual destruction of all countries and extermination of all life forms on Earth. To many humans; this sounds like destroying the planet (in metaphorical sense).

Your original statement was

I'm glad that you've backed off this claim and instead are now just arguing that it would terraform Earth into a Krypton like planet.

S_W_LeGenD
Regardless, Superman's feat against World Machine is unprecedented display of power even by Marvel character standards.

Silent Master
Regardless, Superman's feat against World Machine is unprecedented display of power even by Marvel character standards.

Is it really that hard to admit that your original claim was wrong?

marwash22
Regardless, Superman's feat against World Machine is unprecedented display of power even by Marvel character standards. a feat you can't even begin to quantify is unprecedented?

Zack Fair
This ends now uhuh

http://25.media.tumblr.com/14bf68ada723282f709442ee4b759eee/tumblr_mldjwyaoXY1rei3gfo1_500.gif

S_W_LeGenD
a feat you can't even begin to quantify is unprecedented?
What quantification is needed about it?

marwash22
you need to prove that the force of gravity being projected from the machine, that almost killed Kal, is beyond that of the force the train had when it impacted Hancock and failed to move him from his position or harm him in any way.

S_W_LeGenD
you need to prove that the force of gravity being projected from the machine, that almost killed Kal, is beyond that of the force the train had when it impacted Hancock and failed to move him from his position or harm him in any way.
The forces generated by World Machine were throwing vehicles hundreds of meters above ground (crushing them in the process); sending shockwaves through the whole mass of the planet which is thousands of kms wide; destroying gigantic buildings around; lifting oceanic waters and vice versa. It is apparent from these developments that such forces were of unprecedented scale. Sounds like millions of tons of pressure or greater...

Zack Fair
you need to prove that the force of gravity being projected from the machine, that almost killed Kal, is beyond that of the force the train had when it impacted Hancock and failed to move him from his position or harm him in any way. Dont forget Kal was weak during the entire ordeal. Kal escaping a black hole > world engine feat anyway

marwash22
sending shockwaves through the whole mass of the planet which is thousands of kms wide; never happened.

There were absolutely no shockwaves... at all. If there were shockwaves being sent through the planet, there would have been earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, and the planet would have actually been destroyed via being literally shaken apart from the inside out. The ground wasn't even shaking between pulses.

destroying gigantic buildings around; entire buildings weren't destroyed by the world machine in one pulse; buildings fell when missiles and jets crashed into them... when the pulses of gravity neared Perry and the girl he trying to save, the pulses of gravity destroyed what remained of the already fallen buildings. You're claiming that the gravity was so strong that it annihilated entire buildings in one wave? If that were the case, the cars would have been reduced to dust instead of being pounded into the ground repeatedly, and there would have been a massive crater in the area... there wasn't, the land all around the area remained the same.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Dont forget Kal was weak during the entire ordeal. Kal escaping a black hole > world engine feat anyway the feat is still unquantifiable because you don't know how much force of gravity is being projected. Also, it's not even Zod's feat.

The black hole feat is one of speed, and again, it's not even Zod's feat.

Zack Fair
i know its not Zod's feat, you effin' nerd. I wasn't trying to quantify the world engine feat, anyway. I was just mentioning Kal was weak when he was doing it.

I was just saiyan.

Not so sure the gravity feat is just speed. Could be strength too. Tricky blackhole.

S_W_LeGenD
never happened.

There were absolutely no shockwaves... at all. If there were shockwaves being sent through the planet, there would have been earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, and the planet would have actually been destroyed via being literally shaken apart from the inside out. The ground wasn't even shaking between pulses.
Computers were picking up the shockwaves; inner core of Earth is not easy to influence through external means since it is surrounded by enormous mass. Also, movie didn't focus much on destructive impact of works of World Engines on global scale; the movie was more focused on fight between Superman and Zod.

entire buildings weren't destroyed by the world machine in one pulse; buildings fell when missiles and jets crashed into them... when the pulses of gravity neared Perry and the girl he trying to save, the pulses of gravity destroyed what remained of the already fallen buildings. You're claiming that the gravity was so strong that it annihilated entire buildings in one wave? If that were the case, the cars would have been reduced to dust instead of being pounded into the ground repeatedly, and there would have been a massive crater in the area... there wasn't, the land all around the area remained the same.
Missiles and Jets didn't do as much harm as World Engine did. Also, I never claimed that the skyscrapers began to fall apart with single pulse; Skyscrapers are not pieces of paper that can be easily ripped apart.

Then the action moves to Metropolis. There General Zod begins straight up massacring people; his World Engine destroys what seems to be square miles of prime business real estate in the middle of the work week.

Link: http://badassdigest.com/2013/06/15/why-the-destruction-in-man-of-steel-matters/

In addition, a large crater was being formed by the World Engine in New York.

Watch the ground condition here: http://comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/man-of-steel-attack-on-metropolis.png

the feat is still unquantifiable because you don't know how much force of gravity is being projected. Also, it's not even Zod's feat.
Watch this footage: http://www.zalmos.com/browse.php/hyIbYjZS/6irxVmYS/2i_2Bk7M/u8qVC6FD/RY_2FUpF/E5Q3hYq0/rr_2BEam/c_3D/b0/

The World Engine working inside an ocean lifted oceanic water around it; such was its pressure.

marwash22
The computers were showing the energy going through the planet... not once was anything said about shockwaves. So now your argument is that the producers effed up? They didn't have to focus on it... if there were shockwaves being created, the ground would have been shaking when Perry was trying to rescue the girl... but that wasn't the case. The only thing the world machine was doing was increasing the Earth's gravity. NO SHOCKWAVES at all... stop making stuff up.

Missiles and jets crashing into the buildings is what made them fall... all the world machine did was flatten what was left of the already fallen buildings; so how exactly did the world machine cause more damage?
you made the claim that millions of tons of force was involved and that said force was responsible for destroying buildings. I see backpedaling is something you do well.

that description of the events and the picture of the crater is the epicenter (the point where the beam impacts the ground)... we're talking about the expanding radius of gravitational force. There were no craters in the area where the car were being lifted and slammed into the ground... that was NOT millions of tons of force.

lol, how much do you think water weighs?

S_W_LeGenD
The computers were showing the energy going through the planet... not once was anything said about shockwaves. So now your argument is that the producers effed up? They didn't have to focus on it... if there were shockwaves being created, the ground would have been shaking when Perry was trying to rescue the girl... but that wasn't the case. The only thing the world machine was doing was increasing the Earth's gravity. NO SHOCKWAVES at all... stop making stuff up.

Missiles and jets crashing into the buildings is what made them fall... all the world machine did was flatten what was left of the already fallen buildings; so how exactly did the world machine cause more damage?
you made the claim that millions of tons of force was involved and that said force was responsible for destroying buildings. I see backpedaling is something you do well.

that description of the events and the picture of the crater is the epicenter (the point where the beam impacts the ground)... we're talking about the expanding radius of gravitational force. There were no craters in the area where the car were being lifted and slammed into the ground... that was NOT millions of tons of force.

lol, how much do you think water weighs?
All I see here is your personal take of depicted events and nothing concrete.

1. Producers often eff up lot of stuff in the movies; MoS isn't a reality show.
2. Fighter jets are not big enough to cause collapse of skyscrapers. And neither would skyscrapers break from mid-section from such collisions.
3. Cars are not strong enough to produce craters in the hard ground on impact. Ever seen vehicle tossing feats of Tornadoes? Vehicles end up getting destroyed rather then producing craters on the ground unless the ground is too soft like sand.
4. Millions of tons of force would be in the beams. When the beam was unleashed, the resulting impact offered phenomenal signs of incredible level of power/pressure in them.

marwash22
1. Producers often eff up lot of stuff in the movies; MoS isn't a reality show. so your argument is that the producers of the movies went through all the trouble of being scientifically accurate when it came to terraforming, but then they just completely forgot about the effects of shaking the Earth from the inside would have?

lmao! I'm stating the facts as they happened in the movie, you're the one making stuff up about shockwaves being sent through the Earth... that was NEVER stated in the movie, you made it up.

2. Fighter jets are not big enough to cause collapse of skyscrapers. And neither would skyscrapers break from mid-section from such collisions. Go watch the movie again.

When the jets/missiles crashed into the building, that is what caused the buildings to break in half and fall to the streets near Perry White.

3. Cars are not strong enough to produce craters in the ground on impact. Ever seen vehicle tossing feats of Tornadoes? Vehicles end up getting destroyed rather then producing craters on the ground unless the ground is too soft. facepalm

I'm not talking about cars creating craters. You made the claim that the world machine was projecting millions of tons force... if that were the case, the area where the cars were being slammed into the ground would have been one giant crater... there was no crater, because the was no millions of tons of force. YOU MADE THAT UP TOO!

lol, I'm done trying to convince a crazy person.

deuces.

Mindset
If you dont think Hancock wins, you hate black people.

S_W_LeGenD
so your argument is that the producers of the movies went through all the trouble of being scientifically accurate when it came to terraforming, but then they just completely forgot about the effects of shaking the Earth from the inside would have?

lmao! I'm stating the facts as they happened in the movie, you're the one making stuff up about shockwaves being sent through the Earth... that was NEVER stated in the movie, you made it up.

Go watch the movie again.

When the jets/missiles crashed into the building, that is what caused the buildings to break in half and fall to the streets near Perry White.

facepalm

I'm not talking about cars creating craters. You made the claim that the world machine was projecting millions of tons force... if that were the case, the area where the cars were being slammed into the ground would have been one giant crater... there was no crater, because the was no millions of tons of force. YOU MADE THAT UP TOO!

lol, I'm done trying to convince a crazy person.

deuces.
Do you have the movie? Or you are relying upon your memories?

FrothByte
Again: The world engine needed repeated "slams" in order to make such destruction. It didn't do them all in one pulse. So we really have no idea of how much force it was exerting on Superman as he flew into it. But even if we did assume that it's pressure was stronger than the train, that still doesn't take into consideration that Superman strained against the world breaker whereas Hancock barely put any effort into stopping the train.

I mean, which one would you consider more impressive? A man who kills a bear with his bare hands but nearly kills himself in doing it? Or a man who kills a hyena with a light slap.

ares834
The World Engine's power blows that of a train out of the water. It's pulse was so strong that skyscrapers several blocks away were being completely flattened. And Superman tanked not the outskirts of the pulse but the very center of it.

Superman's feat shits all over Hancock's IMO.

With that said, we never get any indication of Hancock's durability at all. He isn't hurt once throughout the movie until he comes into contact with the women. Nor does he show any strain when it comes to his strength. So this fight is pretty much impossible to call.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>