Shepard's Squad vs Street level heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Based
While Shepard searches for the missing colonists, the Reapers have indoctrinated several heroes to combat Shepard. All the heroes are from their most recent comic appearance. The fight takes place on Palaven's largest moon, Menae.

Team Mass Effect:
-Shepard (w/biotics)
-Wrex
-Samara
-Garrus
-Grunt
-Thane

Team Comics
-Batman
-Captain America
-Green Arrow
-Black Widow
-The Punisher
-Daredevil

Every character has access to weapons or equipment they originally have. Shepard's squad gets 2 hours prep time with profiles while the heroes get none. Indoctrination does not hamper their abilities or personality if you want to go that route.

KingD19
Garrus starts sniping left and right. Thane sneaks up and kills at least one or two or snipes with Garrus. If team comics survives that long and gets close to the group, they have to deal with Wrex, A Krogan Samara, an Asari Justicar and Shepard, one of the most powerful human Biotics ever. All 3 of them are massively powerful with Biotics and comics team has no defense.

And on top of that, Wrex and Grunt are Krogan. Which is just bad for the other team.

This is a horrific stomp, with Cap probably lasting the longest if Garrus/Thane don't take him out first after deeming him the largest threat.

COG Veteran
Shepard's team pulls them apart, limb by limb. Biotics to strong.

Nephthys
Team Comics imo. They've fought worse than Shepards team.

COG Veteran
Nah, comics team doesn't know whats coming. Shepard's squad has a little prep so this is overkill.

BloodRain
What makes Shepard's team that dangerous to Comics?

ares834
Batman solos.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by BloodRain
What makes Shepard's team that dangerous to Comics?

Biotics. Plus they don't know about the crew their fighting.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by ares834
Batman solos.

Batman gets crushed by the biotics. He needs prep. The OP states that they have none.

chronickle
Samara is really the only dangerous one here. A quick strike from Cap's shield should take her out

Thane can't really go toe to toe with anyone here, the best we saw is him killing some Robots in one of the ME2 trailers. He was having alot of trouble with Kai Lang. Even though he was dying, he's been dying since he was introduced in ME2 so we never saw him in his prime.

Grunt and Wrex would be able to soak up alot of damage but Bats can probably paralyze them with Nerve strikes.

Garrus is a really good Sniper but Daredevil should be able to pin point his location

Shephard, assuming he's a soldier class, won't be much help. He can't go toe to toe with the likes of Cap or Bats. And most likely he'd lose to Punisher in a shoot out

I'\m going with comic team 10/10

Emi~Kiro
Shepard team ftw. Krogans are just awesome but with full equipment plus biotics they have a clear advantage and break the comic team. They will not survive the blood rage.

Sacred 117
I'd say the comic team is fatally nerfed. I'd immediately opt out Widow, Arrow, and Punisher because they rely on inferior equipment, and aren't quite skilled enough to handle biotics face-to-face.

This leaves us with Batman, Cap, and Daredevil. Bats is out of his element, as OP states they are without prep time. With the rest of the team gone, Captain will not be able to coordinate the effort, so he's left bare.

The best they have is Daredevil, who will only last until he tries to confront the Krogans. Only Cap is arguably good enough for them, but they still get overwhelmed.

Verdict: Shepard's team

COG Veteran
Originally posted by chronickle
Samara is really the only dangerous one here. A quick strike from Cap's shield should take her out

Thane can't really go toe to toe with anyone here, the best we saw is him killing some Robots in one of the ME2 trailers. He was having alot of trouble with Kai Lang. Even though he was dying, he's been dying since he was introduced in ME2 so we never saw him in his prime.

Grunt and Wrex would be able to soak up alot of damage but Bats can probably paralyze them with Nerve strikes.

Garrus is a really good Sniper but Daredevil should be able to pin point his location

Shephard, assuming he's a soldier class, won't be much help. He can't go toe to toe with the likes of Cap or Bats. And most likely he'd lose to Punisher in a shoot out

I'\m going with comic team 10/10

Samaras gonna pick up cap and smash. Not a hard fight.
Guess you never saw thane in action in ME2, he breaks their necks and disappears. Batman has no knowledge of krogan physiology so he gets torn to shreds. Daredevil can't pinpoint garrus with his head blown off. Dude, op states he has biotics so he wreaks the team.

KingD19
Thane actually has detailed plans on how to kill Krogan's hand to hand. And it's not easy.

Emi~Kiro
Thane should keep daredevil busy and has a good chance of killing him h2h if it even comes to that. Outside of DD cap is the only threat and Krogans will get to him.. Long live clan Urdnot

Sacred 117
Originally posted by KingD19
Thane actually has detailed plans on how to kill Krogan's hand to hand.

Batman doesn't. All of his past victories are attributed to preparation. Something he is without in this scenario. They're set up for failure here.

KingD19
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Batman doesn't. All of his past victories are attributed to preparation. Something he is without in this scenario.

I know. The point I was making is that Thane who was heralded as the universes best assassin took the time to write out a formula for h2h assassinating Krogan's, and it was pretty much the most difficult on the list. And if that didn't work, he just blew them up.

Batman doesn't have that info, so yeah, and even with pressure points(which he rarely uses), Krogan's have what, 3 sets of organs and nerve bundles? I doubt it'd be really effective.

Sacred 117
We are agreed.

KingD19
This is his kill method for Krogan's.

Krogan: Top approach, double-strike to eye ridge, slide down between blinded target's rising arms, precision nerve strike to throat, secondary nerve strike to counter blood rage, quad-kick to bend target, grip each side of skull, running leaping spinning neck-snap.

Alternate: Bomb.

But yeah, Batman doesn't have this formula, which points out that while nerve strikes work, you have to be really precise and know where to hit. And it probably won't be doable in a combat situation especially against Wrex and Grunt, the two toughest Krogan's in history.

chronickle
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Thane should keep daredevil busy and has a good chance of killing him h2h if it even comes to that. Outside of DD cap is the only threat and Krogans will get to him.. Long live clan Urdnot Um..Kai Lang's Dossier stated that he killed a Krogan which is why he was kicked out of the Alliance

Batman, Cap or Daredevil would beat Wrex or Grunt's asses.

chronickle
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Samaras gonna pick up cap and smash. Not a hard fight.
Guess you never saw thane in action in ME2, he breaks their necks and disappears. Batman has no knowledge of krogan physiology so he gets torn to shreds. Daredevil can't pinpoint garrus with his head blown off. Dude, op states he has biotics so he wreaks the team. Not if Samara is fighting someone else, the second Samara uses her biotics she's going to become the biggest threat, if she fights Cap than Green Arrow will phantom zone her ass.

Thane breaks the necks of mooks and canon fodder thugs. In hand to hand Thane would get thrashed by Daredevil, Bats or Cap

You're assuming that Garrus is going to go for Daredevil first, even if he does Daredevil has shown that he can avoid Sniper Fire, close the distance and wreck Garrus in H2H

The Mass Effect team simply does not have the skill or physical stats to compete, Shephard, Thane and Garrus will get brutalized in hand to hand, Grunt and Wrex will go down and Samara, the only threat, will either get one shotted by Cap's shield, blasted into the Phantom Zone by Green Arrow, or shot by Punisher or Black Widow. She can't defend against all 4 of them.

chronickle
And yes Pressure Points will work on the Krogans. Batman has used pressure points on Solomon Grundy, who's made of Plant Matter. Both Batman and Daredevil have the ability to tell structural weaknesses which means the Krogans are slim pickins.

KingD19
You seem to be forgetting that pretty much half of Shepard's Squad has biotics. None of these comic guys have a defense against that in a forum fight.

chronickle
The only one who frequently uses biotics is Samara. We've seen Thane use his biotics to amp himself against Kai Lang. We've never seen Grunt, Wrex or Garrus use Biotics at the same level as Samara

If they all could use biotics at the same level than I'd give it to the Shephard team but it's most likely Thane Grunt Wrex and Shephard are going to go for a direct fight with Garrus sniping and Samara using biotics.

KingD19
Sheperd is an Adept in this case, and Adept's use pretty much nothing but Biotics. Wrex despite everything is a Krogan Battlemaster, and you don't gain that title by not using your Biotics. Grunt and Garrus don't have Biotics, but they have tech stuff that's worth mentioning.

chronickle
Well...if they use their biotics and have a tech advantage than it's possible for them to win. But Samara still needs to avoid getting BFR'd into the Phantom Zone. \\I'm not saying that Grunt Wrex and Thane won't use biotics, just that they probably won't use biotics like Samara does where they'll force grip the comic team, if they do though than I'd probably give them the nod.

KingD19
Ollie just runs around knocking people into the Phantom Zone? He did this alot Pre-DCnU?

Based
This is his kill method for Krogan's.

Krogan: Top approach, double-strike to eye ridge, slide down between blinded target's rising arms, precision nerve strike to throat, secondary nerve strike to counter blood rage, quad-kick to bend target, grip each side of skull, running leaping spinning neck-snap.

Or you can just knock them out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWvDEOMCto

5:24 casual Shep walks in a knocks out a Krogan. Then again Wrex/Grunt aren't ordinary krogan but none of the comic heroes are either.

I think biotics keeps ME in the fight but it's not some inatastomp...
Biotic warfare is mostly using barriers and ranged attacks which can be covered or avoided from. The tk feats in Mass Effect are quite lacking.

KingD19
Samara tossed that chick across the room like a rag doll in ME2.

That Asari Spectre working for the Shadow Broker did the same to Shepard.

Even Liara threatened to flay someone alive with her Biotics, and it wasn't hyperbole.

Based
Samara tossed that chick across the room like a rag doll in ME2.

I'm pretty sure this is the only time in Mass Effect did someone do this. And since it's coming from one of the best biotic users in the universe I doubt it's such as easy feat. Jack doesn't even do this, she relies on her force pushes to take out enemies. Using tk would be a lot easier...if she could actually do it.

She kicked Shepard with biotics and let gravity do its job.

Well Liara sucks.

KingD19
Originally posted by Based
I'm pretty sure this is the only time in Mass Effect did someone do this. And since it's coming from one of the best biotic users in the universe I doubt it's such as easy feat. Jack doesn't even do this, she relies on her force pushes to take out enemies. Using tk would be a lot easier...if she could actually do it.

People use legit TK in Mass Effect aaaaalllll the time and team comic doesn't have a defense against it. And keep in mind Shepard as a Biotic is an L3, but he spikes higher than Kaiden Alenko even though he's an L2 and one of the most powerful human biotics shown. He even tells Shepard he's one of the most powerful Biotics he's ever seen in ME1.

O8IZvKNVPaw
Here at 5:40. Jack uses Biotics to TK both guards into the air, and smash them into glass designed to resist the pressures of space hard enough to crack it and shatter their bones on impact. She can TK just fine.

11FCJ6pYr0s
Here she flings a rather heavy looking chair across the room and like Liara mentions filleting/flaying someone with her biotics. And Joker, while being himself mentions a Biotic fight between Miranda and Jack would tear open the ship's Bulkhead. She can TK just fine.

FusuvQil0NI
That's not to say her Biotic Force Waves and other powers aren't useful. KO's or kills 2 fully armored Cerberus soldiers in the very beginning of this vid with a small push. At 18 seconds, she blocks a Cerberus Mech explosive round with no problem. 6:43, she easily blasts through reinforced glass that Shepard with his enhanced cybernetic strength can't get through. Same energy wave knocks Cerberus guys in full armor off the ground and on their ass at least 30 feet away.

dM7Gef1pWwU
Samara at 30 seconds TK grips then flings that chick a good distance with no effort through what is likely reinforced glass.

mxYevIDrSpQ
Samara blasts Morinth across the room and holds her against the glass(reinforced). She was going to push her out into the open air, but Morinth is pretty decent with biotics herself. She also displays tk blasts and she and Morinth in their power struggle pick up several pieces of furniture. And at the end she enhances her punch with enough biotic force to I'm assuming shatter Morinth's skull or splatter her head or something. But the shockwave goes through the room.

uu1969WQ5I0
Thane shows off his Biotics, and shows that even near death from his disease he can still fight with Kai Leng and sneak up on him. The only reason Kai Leng even survived is because Thane didn't already have his gun out.

She kicked Shepard with biotics and let gravity do its job.

UKO8QFrtQbc
Starting at around 5:53, she shows enough force to shatter the glass behind her and enough finesse to turn it into a weapon by shooting it at them. Liara puts up a force field. Then at about 10:07, Liara lifts a table and flings it with enough force to send Vasir flying.

okGt_1rNsf0 - This is just Wrex being badass and cleaning house.

oDmSY_58b00Grunt easily walking off after falling a few stories, and tanking being on fire.

Well Liara sucks.

V0ZQGpzg
Liara flexing her biotics.

wNpO2n6NwkY -Liara using a singularity at 1:43, then blasts them while they're defenseless. Shepard as a Biotic can use them as well, and as seen, there's no way for team comic to counteract it.

She's pretty awesome. Don't hate.

I stand by my choice for Team Shepard. They take a majority especially with 2 hours prep.

ares834
Batman uses he shield generator on his belt.

Biotics are now useless...

In all seriousness though, Biotics are not nearly the insta-win you make them out to be. They can and have been avoided.

Not to mention characters like Batman, Daredevil, and Cap can take massive beatings. It's going to take far more than just a single smash to take one of them out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.