Hero of Tython vs. DOE!Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Geonosian Hanger.

Nephthys
Bane.

Intrepid37
lol, bait thread.

The_Tempest
I don't know why on earth you'd think that.

Intrepid37
Sneaky.

Nephthys
Unlike Dooku and Windu, Bane has demonstrated mental resistance so I can't well argue the HoT mentally dominates Bane as I did them. Furthermore, despite her martial skills being 'legendary' in her own time and being pretty fast, thats not enough to beat Bane in lightsaber combat and the HoT hasn't demonstrated anything that leads me to think she could overpower Bane in the Force, though I doubt he'll be doing that to her anytime soon. So imo Bane has the clear advantage until the HoT is more fleshed out.

ares834
When has the HoT mentally dominated anyone?

And didn't you claim s/he was on the level of Luke?

Nephthys
You can dominate Tol Braga near the end of the storyline, forcing him to go kill Sith at your bidding. Whats impressive in this is that Braga had already broken the Emperors control, indicating that he has a very strong mind.

I believe so.

ares834
Ah, ok.

So you would also believe Bane is on Luke's level...

Intrepid37
HoT's power is hard to gauge in my opinion.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Ah, ok.

So you would also believe Bane is on Luke's level...

This question is rhetorical, yes?

Nephthys
Only if you go the ABC route.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Intrepid37
HoT's power is hard to gauge in my opinion.
"You harness immense power." (Vitiate to HoT)

Good enough?

---

As far as this contest is concerned; HoT by virtue of his holistic picture.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Only if you go the ABC route.

ABC logic does not work on who would win, but in terms of power it should.

If Bane is more powerful than HoT as you seem to be claiming here and the HoT is as powerful as Luke. Then Bane should be more powerful than Luke.

Intrepid37
HoT's best feat of defeating Vitiate was done pretty badly in my opinion. He absorbs the lightning with his saber only for Vitiate to walk straight into it.

pencilcrayon
Unlike Dooku and Windu, Bane has demonstrated mental resistance so I can't well argue the HoT mentally dominates Bane as I did them. Furthermore, despite her martial skills being 'legendary' in her own time and being pretty fast, thats not enough to beat Bane in lightsaber combat and the HoT hasn't demonstrated anything that leads me to think she could overpower Bane in the Force, though I doubt he'll be doing that to her anytime soon. So imo Bane has the clear advantage until the HoT is more fleshed out. I thought the game depicts him as a man.

S_W_LeGenD
Unlike Dooku and Windu, Bane has demonstrated mental resistance so I can't well argue the HoT mentally dominates Bane as I did them. Furthermore, despite her martial skills being 'legendary' in her own time and being pretty fast, thats not enough to beat Bane in lightsaber combat and the HoT hasn't demonstrated anything that leads me to think she could overpower Bane in the Force, though I doubt he'll be doing that to her anytime soon. So imo Bane has the clear advantage until the HoT is more fleshed out.
HoT's bridge feat without even a gesture should tell you something. His peak would be much higher.

Also, being able to outduel a "Voice of the Emperor" is far greater accomplishment then Bane could hope to achieve. Bane was in awe of Darth Revan (regarded him as a champion of the dark side); who in turn was no match for Sith Emperor. Bane would be shitting in his pants, had he met Sith Emperor. Heck, it was mentioned in Plagueis novel that Darth Venamis could do well in Bane's era; the same guy was shot down by Plagueis in single combat.

The_Tempest
HoT's best feat of defeating Vitiate was done pretty badly in my opinion. He absorbs the lightning with his saber only for Vitiate to walk straight into it.

It was intentional. They had to ape Palpatine all the way down to the ignominious death.

Nephthys
Bane isn't more powerful than the Hero of Tython. Its just that his combat-related attributes are superior to what the HoT's shown thus far. Furthermore I only said the HoT was in the same league as Luke, not that they're equals. While I do think that the HoT is a TOR-era Luke-level badass, Luke has demonstrated greater things than her.

Intrepid37
And the sad thing is they failed. Being thrown into the core of the Death Star II is more badass than being stabbed.

ares834
I wouldn't say Palpatine's death was "badass" but it was certainly well done.

Bane isn't more powerful than the Hero of Tython. Its just that his combat-related attributes are superior to what the HoT's shown thus far. Furthermore I only said the HoT was in the same league as Luke, not that they're equals. While I do think that the HoT is a TOR-era Luke-level badass, Luke has demonstrated greater things than her.

Ah, ok. Fair enough.

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
HoT's bridge feat without even a gesture should tell you something. His peak would be much higher.

And at 7.10 'he' uses the Force to shove Vitiate-possessing Kira away with the Force without gesture.

Fjh6vparLcw

Not sure how powerful that incarnation is though. She shoots lightning at his back and it doesn't even do anything. :?

Originally posted by pencilcrayon
I thought the game depicts him as a man.

I wasn't aware the HoT's gender was canonical yet.

Originally posted by ares834
Ah, ok. Fair enough.

Its like with Revan. I think he's more powerful than Dooku, yet I wouldn't back him in a thread against him because Dooku seems to be a superior combatant based on showings.

The_Tempest
And the sad thing is they failed. Being thrown into the core of the Death Star II is more badass than being stabbed.

"They failed" sums up their efforts with Vitiate in their entirety. That the game hemorrhaged players suggests IT might have failed as well.

S_W_LeGenD
If HoT gets quality novels, he will look much more impressive then Bane. Just as a padawan, HoT had Jedi Master level skills; he became lot more powerful afterwards.

Nephthys

Being stabbed and then mouthing off afterwards is pretty badass.

Intrepid37
Yeah, why they thought of Karpyshan as the best option to make Vitiate's character interestingly still bothers me.

Intrepid37
Being stabbed and then mouthing off afterwards is pretty badass.
If he did indeed collapse the temple afterwards it'd be.

Still, the most badass death has to be Vader's.

noitseuq
To be fair Drew did a pretty good job on the first KotOR game and it's what I imagine got a lot of us interested in the EU. I didn't really like Rule of Two but Path of Destruction wasn't that bad.

S_W_LeGenD
And at 7.10 'he' uses the Force to shove Vitiate-possessing Kira away with the Force without gesture.

Fjh6vparLcw

Not sure how powerful that incarnation is though. She shoots lightning at his back and it doesn't even do anything. :?
Sith Emperor empowers everybody he possesses. The possessed individuals manage to perform feats/actions that they otherwise cannot or do not.

I wasn't aware the HoT's gender was canonical yet.
As per hint in SWTOR(E), HoT is expectedly male and Barsen'thor is expectedly female.

Its like with Revan. I think he's more powerful than Dooku, yet I wouldn't back him in a thread against him because Dooku seems to be a superior combatant based on showings.
Revan is more adept in the use of the Force then him and this would be enough. Similar to Bane versus Kas'im scenario except that Revan would manage to dominate Dooku with his Force powers.

The_Tempest
Yeah, why they thought of Karpyshan as the best option to make Vitiate's character interestingly still bothers me.

To be fair, Karpyshyn reduced the wank dramatically for Revan. His estimation of Vitiate is much less than what many believe.

But he's just an inadequate novelist. The mystique of Revan was singlehandedly ruined and Vitiate was laughable.

Scourge ended up being the book's high point.

Nephthys
If he did indeed collapse the temple afterwards it'd be.

Still, the most badass death has to be Vader's.

That isn't how you spell 'Ganner Rhysode'. estahuh

Originally posted by The_Tempest
The mystique of Revan was singlehandedly ruined.

thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Forget about The_Tempest's ramblings.

Sith Emperor is very interesting and nicely written in SWTORE. Get this book: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The-Republic-Encyclopedia/dp/0756698391

Trust me, this is one of the best Star Wars books released yet.

Intrepid37
My problem with Karpyshan isn't the characters he writes about but rather the way in which he does write. He likes to think that power makes a character interesting, ie disintegration, various character statements about an individuals power etc.

S_W_LeGenD
My problem with Karpyshan isn't the characters he writes about but rather the way in which he does write. He likes to think that power makes a character interesting, ie disintegration, various character statements about an individuals power etc.
Agreed! Mr. Karpyshyn isn't a gifted writer unfortunately. Revan's novel is greatest proof of this.

I mean, you cannot write a novel featuring your own creations properly?

Mr. Karpyshyn is a nice thinker but not a writer.

Fortunately, SWTORE have different and multiple authors. Outcome is fantastic writing and lot of information.

Nephthys
Karpyshan is simply a better video game writer than he is a book writer imo.

S_W_LeGenD
Karpyshan is simply a better video game writer than he is a book writer imo.
Absolutely.

noitseuq
People seemed to like Path of Destruction when it first came out. I know for a fact Gideon did lol.

S_W_LeGenD
Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction is surprisingly nicely written and best novel from Mr. Karpyshyn till date.

B/W Revan's mystique have been restored in SWTOR(E) fortunately.

One thing though: The whole duel involving Scourge, Meetra, Revan and Nyriss is nicely written in the Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan novel.

The_Tempest
It was definitely the best of the three.

But opinions tend to change: I liked Revan when it came out because it didn't wank any specific character to unreasonable levels. I read it again and realized it also forgot to include anything worthwhile. As though Karpyshyn challenged himself to write a non-wanked story and couldn't create anything memorable without characters farting and setting planets ablaze.

I also thought Plagueis was extraordinary til I read it a third time. And don't even get me started on TDK.

steveholt956
Oh stfu about TDK you jealous fool

The_Tempest
Silence, zealot. Iron Man was better, kthxbai

Nephthys
Lol, no.

The_Tempest
I can feel your tears of rage. They slake my thirst.

Nephthys
The only tears around here, are me tearing your arguments apart, fool.

The_Tempest
I can see you printing my arguments out and literally tearing them apart in an infantile gesture of despair.

The_Tempest
So Bane wins, eh?

carthage
Bane gets blitzed or ragdolled.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
So Bane wins, eh?

No. Bane hasn't beaten anyone on the tier of Scourge or Angral, and has no telekinetic showings rivaling pulling down portions of a ceiling or ragdolling Vitiate. Bane is slower, less skilled, and far less powerful in the force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.