Dredd (2012)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
I guess beggers can't be choosy.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dredd-Confirmed-Come-Back-Short-Film-Instead-Sequel-36626.html
Hopefully this will be a good kickstarter.

Mindset
So a 10 min vid...hooray?

Flyattractor
Better then nothing and maybe it will KICK START enough interest in getting another movie made......Hey We can always hope can't we?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Better then nothing and maybe it will KICK START enough interest in getting another movie made......Hey We can always hope can't we?

They're already a page on Facebook "Make a Dredd Sequel"...that might also help too.

Flyattractor
Nah. The only thing that will help is that if everybody gets a second mortgage on their houses and then uses all that money to buy up all the Dredd Blu-Rays and DVDS posters books,comics and all other DREDD merchandise.

Mindset
Better then nothing and maybe it will KICK START enough interest in getting another movie made......Hey We can always hope can't we? No.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
No. Good for you. I will put a razor next to the mint on your pillow.

Patient_Leech
That Punisher short was pretty good. The Thomas Jane film wasn't that violent, so I'm curious to see what they'll do with a Dredd short. Shit'll probably be ultraviolent.

Kazenji
2000 AD should try getting another one of their character's adapted

should give that Rogue Trooper a go.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
2000 AD should try getting another one of their character's adapted

should give that Rogue Trooper a go.

Strontium Dog has been mentioned as a next 2000 AD movie.

Patient_Leech
I read some about Rogue Trooper and Strontium Dog. Are they really making Strontium Dog a movie?? That would be awesome...

Mindset
Good for you. I will put a razor next to the mint on your pillow. Originally posted by Mindset
No.

siriuswriter
Not on topic at all, I'm afraid, but Mindset - is that a demon Dean Winchester in your avvie?

Mindset
Yes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Strontium Dog has been mentioned as a next 2000 AD movie.

Had a look at some of the pictures of Johnny Alpha who's part of that Strontium Dogs and His helmet looks goofy.

Flyattractor
Renegade Trooper's look aint that bad.

Patient_Leech
From the man himself...

'Dredd' Takes Steps Toward Sequel: Karl Urban indicates a follow-up is actively being sought

...good news.

The_Tempest
Wow, I feel like this should be against THE LAW.

Kazenji
2000AD has started up a petition for a sequel

http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=62906ebdcc

Flyattractor
Everybody go out and make about 100 or so email accounts and then use those to sign the petition.

Mindset
Everybody go out and make about 100 or so email accounts and then use those to sign the petition. Or buy Dredd dvds.

Flyattractor
Or buy Dredd dvds.
Are you saying you DIDN"T buy multi-copies?

Kazenji
I still haven't brought a copy

need to work on that.

Patient_Leech
I think it's cool how people are rallying behind the movie.

Karl Urban Watching Dredd Sequel Petition With "Great Interest"

Kazenji
The petition has now appeared in the 2000 AD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/998807_333237000146104_644128_n_zps742fea1a.jpg

steverules_2
I really hope we get Judge Death

Discos
Alot of negativity towards the Dredd movie, It was actually my 2nd most liked movie of 2012. The effects and the character of Judge Dredd was awesome. Could not praise it enough and was the 1st Bluray dvd i ever purchased.

However, after watching it multiple times I have grown bored of it. A sequel would be great, set outwith just the one building this time.

Mindset
Dredd is on Netflix now.

fap fap fap

Esau Cairn
Dredd is on Netflix now.

fap fap fap

That's just dreadful. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2

thumb up

Kazenji
Just seen this

ChloePat
It is? Oh I say! Signed the petition at the weekend. Felt bad as when it came out in the cinema, I went to see the Raid and decided I only needed one action movie where law enforcement fight criminals in a tower block. I was a fool.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by steverules_2
AT this point I would be willing to settle on just having Walter..... wink

Kazenji
Who?

Q99
Who?

Dredd's robot housekeeper from the very early days of the comic. Comic relief character. Eventually removed, still relatively early on in the comic.

Kazenji

quanchi112
Film was awful. I don't want a sequel to this trash.

Tzeentch._
Shut up, Quan.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
Film was awful. I don't want a sequel to this trash.
Prefer convoluted shaky cam and lense flares, do ya?

Mindset
Film was awful. I don't want a sequel to this trash. I'm gonna have to go ahead and have to ask you to fight me irl.

Ridley_Prime
Or just send him to a life in the iso-cubes without parole.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Prefer convoluted shaky cam and lense flares, do ya?

No, he prefers movies that start with "Mamma" & end in "Mia!"

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Shut up, Quan. its true. I'll love it if they never do a sequel and rub it in your faces.

quanchi112
Prefer convoluted shaky cam and lense flares, do ya? Well, that Star Trek move kicks the crap out of it as it does the sub par Riddick franchise.

Not my fault Khan would rip open that girlie Furyan crybaby. Originally posted by Mindset
I'm gonna have to go ahead and have to ask you to fight me irl. Name the place and the time.

Mindset

Not my fault Khan would rip open that girlie Furyan crybaby. Name the place and the time. Your grave site, right now.

Kazenji
I'll make the headstone, What does he want on it?

quanchi112
Your grave site, right now. You don't want any of the Quan.

Patient_Leech
Sorry, breh. Not into this "Vs" shit. It's stupid on so many levels.

quanchi112
Sorry, breh. Not into this "Vs" shit. It's stupid on so many levels. Point is Dredd stunk.

Kazenji
Thanks for speaking on behalf of the entire world.

Patient_Leech
This is pretty impressive:

Dredd came in number 5 in the list of top "50 Flop Movies that Deserved Better" at TotalFilm.com. Just behind Blade Runner, Night of the Hunter, Shawshank Redemption, and Hugo. Damn.

Flyattractor
I didn't know that some of those other movies were "Flops".

Patient_Leech
^ Neither did I. But shit, here you go...

The Shawshank Redemption

...perfect example of how monetary success is not a good indication of quality. That movie is now hailed by many as one of the greatest films of all time.

Kazenji
This is pretty impressive:

Dredd came in number 5 in the list of top "50 Flop Movies that Deserved Better" at TotalFilm.com. Just behind Blade Runner, Night of the Hunter, Shawshank Redemption, and Hugo. Damn.

Is that link suppose to be working?

all i'm getting is a about:blank page.

Patient_Leech
^ I may have forgotten to put in the url. Here we go again...

"50 Flop Movies that Deserved Better"

Patient_Leech
Comic continuation coming out very soon...

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/article_images/Underbelly-2_1386147644.jpg

Firefly218
This can be a springboard for part 2

Kazenji
How are the sales for Dvd & Blu-Ray going now?.....surely the studio has taken notice by now.

Flyattractor
I would like to see them do a Re-release of the movie first. See if that can garner any big intreast, but sadly I feel that if they ever do make a sequel it will be many years away.. urban will be playing Old Dredd by then.

Stealth Moose
I thought this was really good, but it flew under the radar so to speak. I first saw it on Netflix.

Patient_Leech
Puppets gettin' f#cked Dredd style...

kQmnm9V547g

Flyattractor
....awesome

Kazenji
Found out the inspiration for Ma Ma's Requiem was Justin Bieber, Even gets mentioned on the special features.

Stealth Moose
Cracked.com. I saw it too.

Kazenji
I didn't see it there personally.

DARTH POWER
Caught this recently. Great movie. The slo-mo got on my nerves at times, but overall it's a definite thumbs up from me.

So yeah want that sequel. But we obviously won't get one.

Ridley_Prime
^ The slow-mo was for the 3D, but yeah.

Kazenji
more info in the link

http://whatculture.com/tv/destination-star-trek-frankfurt-press-conference-report-2.php

Mindset
I've seen Dredd like 5 times.

Never bought the dvd though.

I wonder if they track how many people watch it on netflix.

Patient_Leech
I've seen Dredd like 5 times.

Never bought the dvd though.

Good question. But good lord, man.. do your part and go buy it!

Mindset
Good question. But good lord, man.. do your part and go buy it! Nah.

I saw it in theaters, that was my part.

Patient_Leech

Kazenji
^
Yeah most of what's been said in that is in the link that i posted.

Patient_Leech
k-rE79vRsdU

Flyattractor

They can but if it doesn't actually send any money their way it is probably ignored.

Maybe if the Raid 2 does good maybe it will help them to make a Dredd sequel.

Kazenji
Producer says sequel talks in very preliminary stages, no script yet

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dredd-producer-says-sequel-talks-in-very-preliminary-stages-no-script-yet

Kazenji
That comic continuation that they did has gotten a follow up

DREDD: Uprise

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/920?stockItemID=AUG141635

Kazenji
The plan to adapt the "Origins" arc from 2000 AD, If a sequel were to happen

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=107262

quanchi112
The first movie stunk. Rest in hell, Dredd.

Zack Fair
Hope the sequel gets done and that it gathers enough support and backup when it comes out.

Kazenji

Go back and keep watching I, Frank.

quanchi112
Go back and keep watching I, Frank. That movie stunk as well. There is a reason Dredd isn't being greenlit yet. It wasn't that good and was a failure.

juggerman
Dredd was a good film. Just wasn't popular

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Dredd was a good film. Just wasn't popular Iyo not mine.

Time Immemorial
When they were on Slow, it was sick.

juggerman
Iyo not mine.

True

Kazenji
Originally posted by juggerman
Dredd was a good film. Just wasn't popular

It had nothing to do with it being popular or not

the marketing people failed to promote it more

i hope the movie studio/s wake up already and do a sequel with a campainging and stuff people have been doing for one.

Kazenji
6ZrsJsvL30g

Bentley

Dredd is too much of a good comicbook series to stop getting adapted into movies. That's just the way it is.

Feel free to prefer a reboot though.

Kazenji
Adi Shanker talks about how to make a sequel, Also a good educational video

kWP88WKVBKs

marwash22
i watched a lot of his videos when i found out he was behind the power/rangers short. I like the guy.

Patient_Leech
That movie stunk as well. There is a reason Dredd isn't being greenlit yet. It wasn't that good and was a failure.

Get your blasphemy out of here. The world needs more solid R-rated action flicks like Dredd. It was awesome. It deserved far better success than it received. I think because it was marketed as Dredd 3D it looked sort of gimmicky to audiences. I know that's what I thought when I saw the trailers. So I waited to see it and was pleasantly surprised with it. Ended up buying it.

Robtard
Agreed, Dredd was a solid action flick, kept you entertained from start to finish.

Kazenji
So Adi Shanker says they should cast Dwayne Johnson in the sequel for it to happen, If it were to happen put him in a villain role.

Tzeentch
I'm not sure the Rock knows how to play a villain.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I'm not sure the Rock knows how to play a villain. The Rock is capable of anything, even loving someone like you.

Tzeentch
"Like me"?

Sexist.

Ridley_Prime
The Rock and Karl Urban in a movie together? Doom all over again, except more badass prolly.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The Rock and Karl Urban in a movie together? Doom all over again, except more badass prolly.

You know, I actually enjoyed Doom. Maybe just the strange dark sci-fi nature of it. But yeah, it'd be fine with me if they reunited. The Rock could actually make a great villian again (he was sort of the villain in Doom, if I remember correctly).

TheVaultDweller
Didn't the Rock also play the villain in that awful spy comedy with Steve Carell? Think it was Get Smart, or something along those lines.

Firefly218
Rock is playing black adam

Kazenji

jaden101
Alex Garland, who wrote the screenplay, already ruled out a sequel to Dredd. Or at least ruled himself out of being involved.

Flyattractor
I say they should re-release the film again now that every one knows it one KICK ASS film.

Kazenji
As for other 2000ad properties, I found out a while back Grant Morrison has been working on a script for a Rogue Trooper movie.

Ridley_Prime
Been hearing now that the sequel might be Netflix exclusive. Seems like the next best thing, as it'd be sure to get more attention and viewership there than by the airhead Michael Bay type audience and such that go to the movies.

Kazenji

Flyattractor
Would rather get an animated series then live action. In Animated it wouldn't be limited in what they can do or where they could go.. TV show.. It will look really cheap and small. No Way can the Mega City be done on the small screen live.

Kazenji
Depends how much the budget they allow them to use for it.

Ridley_Prime
Really? After the good shit we've gotten like Daredevil, I have completely and utter faith in a live action Dredd netflix TV series.

Patient_Leech
^ Yup, I would kill to see a Netflix Dredd series. Just pick up right where the film left off. Apparently Karl Urban is shopping it around Amazon and Netflix.

Darth Thor
^ Don't think Karl's the guy in charge of it.

Kazenji
Apparently Karl Urban is shopping it around Amazon and Netflix.

That's what the link is about that i posted

as for Karl Urban, Hope he's back in the role if it does follow through.

Khazra Reborn
I'm down. Make it happen.

Kazenji
Urban slams the films marketing team

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/karl-urban-dredd-box-office-represented-marketing-failure

steverules_2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/karl-urban-dredd-box-office-represented-marketing-failure

Really wanna see a sequel, watched Dredd the other day and still love it, watched the Stallone one after and seriously that was just balls compared to Dredd. Really wanna see a live action judge death, curious to see who they'd get for the role.

Kazenji
I watched that Future Shock! The Story of 2000AD doco recently, They mentioned the Stallone Judge Dredd movie. They all went to see it at the time and after it was all over and walked out of it they were all like "That was shite"

personally the only thing they got right with that movie was the look of Mega City One.

Patient_Leech
I'm sure the Stallone film is a mockery of the comic, but I still find it entertaining. It does have nice production value.

steverules_2
I think the biggest crime of the Stallone Judge Dredd was seeing Dredd without his helmet on, we (the reader) never get to see what he looks like

Flyattractor

I can see his point. I only ever recall only seeing more or less the same ad on tv spots with only marginal editing to it. IT gave you absolutely no idea what the movie was like, and I only ever noticed it on after 9pm so as the little kiddos wouldn't see it.

Robtard
Watched Dredd again for the 4th time a few months ago, it's still entertaining.

Hoping Deadpool's total non-flop mega-success at what a small budget, R-rating and clever marketing can earn, revitalize the studios interest in doing a Dredd 2 with Urban.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard

Hoping Deadpool's total non-flop mega-success at what a small budget, R-rating and clever marketing can earn, revitalize the studios interest in doing a Dredd 2 with Urban.

Yeah but people can be really stupid. For instance the guy who had no faith in Deadpool being a hit by following the Marvel source material so closely. He obviously had no faith in Marvel's source material.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Watched Dredd again for the 4th time a few months ago, it's still entertaining.
Yeah, it doesn't get old for me either. I've seen it 3 or 4 times now, too.

A Netflix series would actually probably be better than another movie. It would really flesh things out. That would kick ass. Here's to hoping. The marketing was terrible, he's right. I didn't see it in the theater because the ads misled me. It was advertised as a lame 3D gimmick, like Piranha 3D or some shit. Instead of calling the film "Dredd 3D" they should have called it "Dredd" and said, "see it in 3D" or whatnot...

WZvfAYdn4DA

...but actually on the blu-ray release I don't find the 3D to be all that great. The film is great without it.

Ridley_Prime
The Sylvester Stallone Dredd is a guilty pleasure for the things it does make entertaining, while being basically a parody of the comics...

But yeah, would still prefer a Netflix series over another movie. It's one thing for Deadpool to be that successful as an R-rated movie because he's Deadpool, but Dredd is rather niche in comparison. I'm not sure a change in marketing would make him that much more successful at the cinema.

Patient_Leech
But yeah, would still prefer a Netflix series over another movie. It's one thing for Deadpool to be that successful as an R-rated movie because he's Deadpool...
See I much prefer the dry wit of Judge Dredd to the over-the-top trying-too-hard humor of Deadpool, but that's just me. Dredd had a much more interesting premise than Deadpool, too. That's not even a contest. That's the reason I'm a little annoyed that Deadpool was such a huge success: it shows that movie goers don't give a shit about a decent story.

...but Dredd is rather niche in comparison. I'm not sure a change in marketing would make him that much more successful at the cinema.
Good point. Sad, but probably true. But I bet it could make a killing on Netflix in much the same way that Daredevil has.

Kazenji

Patient_Leech
F#ck yeah. Once written I have faith that someone worthy (like Netflix, I hope) will pick it up.

Honestly, I think I'd rather see a Netflix TV series than a movie because there is more room for story and character development.

Darth Thor
It's bound to be for Netflix

riv6672
Heard Dredd 2 is a go yesterday. Very happy with this news!

Kazenji
Hooray for inaccurate reporting from Denver Comic Con

riv6672
Frak.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's bound to be for Netflix

I hope so. This property is way too good to let fade off.

Patient_Leech
the fu#k

Patient_Leech
More talk of a TV show...

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/08/08/exclusive-karl-urban-dredd-talks-confirmed/

Flyattractor
I still say we should lay a LARGE Chunk of the Blame for Dredd flopping on the Ass Hatted Populace that were to ignorant to give this movie a chance, nut just blame "the Studios".

Kazenji
Thing with the Populace these days when it comes to Comic book adaptations, If its not a Marvel or DC property people hardly go near it

i'm surprised Kingsman: The Secret Service even did good.

Flyattractor
Thing with the Populace these days when it comes to Comic book adaptations, If its not a Marvel or DC property people hardly go near it

i'm surprised Kingsman: The Secret Service even did good.

That was bombing at first wasn't it? Where did it get saved?

Patient_Leech
To be fair, though, Dredd was marketed poorly. They seemed to emphasize the "3D" as to make it seem like some gimmick. And people probably couldn't help but associate it with the Stallone Dredd film.

But yeah, I think it's fair to blame the populace, too. Because if it doesn't have a big name like the over-rated Tom Cruise or (like Kaz pointed out) a Marvel or DC association people will largely overlook it.

Ridley_Prime
Still a painful pill to swallow five years later, but yeah. Think maybe Dredd could have done better if released a year or so later, since 2012 had the Avengers when Marvel reached its first real peak in hype, and DC still had Nolan with Dark Knight Rises during that year. IDK but with some of the turds we later got after that (particularly on WB/DC's end until Wonder Woman), I like to think Dredd would've had something of a better chance standing out on its own to people than 2012 when it didn't have a chance to do so because of Avengers hype and shit. Then again, the said ignorance of the populace may have remained the same no matter what year Dredd came out.

That last posted link is good looking news and all, but with how news progress on a Dredd continuation has been rather flippant or gone back and forth, still not getting my hopes up yet, though anything pointing toward Karl Urban still involved is definitely a good sign.

Flyattractor
Oh Please let this happen and please don't let themn F%(#*^!
this UP!

That and lets hope that Disney pulling out of Netflix don't F this deal up to.

Ridley_Prime
Still kinda miffed about the Disney and Netflix thing. Guessing they did it to cut costs in favor of their own service program, but I haven't heard anything yet about taking the Marvel Netflix shows being taken off. Just the Disney animated and MCU films and such. Still, that's some real bullshit, but it's Disney, so...

Khazra Reborn
I wonder how it will affect the future of the Defenders

Flyattractor
I would be willing to bet that they don't keep the "Dark and Gritty" that makes those shows now.

Ridley_Prime
It's finally happening!?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t646094.html

Patient_Leech
^^ thumb up thumb up thumb up

Kazenji
Those Dredd movie comics that they've been doing, There's a new & Final story on the way introducing Judge Death.

James Smith92
So a 10 min vid...hooray?

WHY WOULD SOME BE DOING THAT....

James Smith92
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I wonder how it will affect the future of the Defenders

POSITIVELY I GUESS

Flyattractor
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN! I am TIRED of Crappy Emo STuff!

I Need some Hard Core Dredd Action!

Patient_Leech
Those Dredd movie comics that they've been doing, There's a new & Final story on the way introducing Judge Death.

Haha.. that looks f#cking awesome.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>