Create an original superhero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
Bob was born with a mind of inhuman-plasticity within its neural pathways. His super-mind uses and consumes so much energy that he can't gain weight, but instead his brain converts greater and greater amounts of carbohydrates to super-charge the structure of it's own neural pathways, white matter, and go hyper-mitosis on it's neurons, grey mass.

Suffice it to say, Bob was the smartest human being at anything he did, especially in early-life academia. Outsmarting his peers within MENSA, and being sup-par to even the fully developed brains of its high-IQ adults, he could have graduated Cum Laude seven times by grade 5. But he was so smart that what he did affected lives unwittingly, the threat of him making adult decisions was its own incentive for him to stay in grade school with a perfect gpa as opposed to getting more pull over the adult world, as he was afraid of what his super-intelligent actions were capable of when not confined by his hapless 'normal-child' facade. He tried to calculate safe outcomes from his relatively simple peer-social machinations in grade school, but it almost always resulted in him becoming either too popular or too unpopular, either too socially desired or too socially alienating. His ability to easily take control of social situations almost made him incompatible, as either others would get jealous and attack him or kill themselves or he'd be too isolated.

He blamed his failures in social calculation on causality and the paradox of choice. He felt that his intellect made his choices, good or bad, result in effects that were either too good or too bad for him to be able to handle. He wanted to be normal, to feel like a human.

So one day he emptied his mind, in a catatonic state of super-meditation he achieved in hours what it takes Buddhists in Asia a lifetime to achieve, he achieved total nirvana. In this state he witnessed, for the first time in his life, calm. He had an epiphany, if he couldn't be him around others because who he was was too superior to who everyone else was, he'd try and super-evolve the human race without manipulating them, by virtue of helping them with problems they could not solve themselves, while he disguised himself, the one that interacted with others in everyday life socially, as mere ole' Bob.

Around others he disguised himself as the President of the United States that had the highest approval rating of all time, for life. But when alone, when allowed to be his true self, he was Epiphany Man, a global shadow-manipulator and mastermind of libertarian schemes, world savior.

Bardock42
That is....wow...

Robtard
My guy is Anti Epiphany Man, his powers completely and utterly counter Epiphany Man and render him useless, his name is Tim.

Dolos
Bob: Daaammn you Tiiiim!

Astner
I'm no biologist, but I'm pretty damn sure that the brain doesn't store energy in carbon hydrates like muscle tissue does.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Astner
I'm no biologist, but I'm pretty damn sure that the brain doesn't store energy in carbon hydrates like muscle tissue does.

My superhero has only one power, to change the brain to store energy in carbohydrates.

Astner
Originally posted by Bardock42
My superhero has only one power, to change the brain to store energy in carbo hydrates.
Well, damn.

Bardock42
Well, damn.

No, it's English for "Carbon Hydrates"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbohydrates

TheGodKiller
Are you too chicken to post this in the comic versus forum?

Robtard

and you're supposed to be a sciencer.

Astner
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Are you too chicken to post this in the comic versus forum?
Let me guess, three months ago I argued that some character could beat another character and you have a nine-paged response you want me to address?

Originally posted by Robtard
and you're supposed to be a sciencer.
I'm fairly sure the brain cells get their energy directly from the ATP to ADP reaction.

TheGodKiller
Let me guess, three months ago I argued that some character could beat another character and you have a nine-paged response you want me to address?
I was addressing the thread-starter, dudette.

Astner
I was addressing the thread-starter, dudette.
Has Dolos been typing with his Superman blanket tied around his neck again?

TheGodKiller
^He was doing so, when I last saw him around the comic book continent.

hgjmdhgjdhu
Bob was born with a mind of inhuman-plasticity within its neural pathways http://www.glpp.info/hu7l.jpg

jaden101
My super hero is Kellogg's frosties man.

He has type 2 diabetes.

Kharhmah
Originally posted by Dolos
Bob was born with a mind of inhuman-plasticity within its neural pathways. His super-mind uses and consumes so much energy that he can't gain weight, but instead his brain converts greater and greater amounts of carbohydrates to super-charge the structure of it's own neural pathways, white matter, and go hyper-mitosis on it's neurons, grey mass.

Suffice it to say, Bob was the smartest human being at anything he did, especially in early-life academia. Outsmarting his peers within MENSA, and being sup-par to even the fully developed brains of its high-IQ adults, he could have graduated Cum Laude seven times by grade 5. But he was so smart that what he did affected lives unwittingly, the threat of him making adult decisions was its own incentive for him to stay in grade school with a perfect gpa as opposed to getting more pull over the adult world, as he was afraid of what his super-intelligent actions were capable of when not confined by his hapless 'normal-child' facade. He tried to calculate safe outcomes from his relatively simple peer-social machinations in grade school, but it almost always resulted in him becoming either too popular or too unpopular, either too socially desired or too socially alienating. His ability to easily take control of social situations almost made him incompatible, as either others would get jealous and attack him or kill themselves or he'd be too isolated.

He blamed his failures in social calculation on causality and the paradox of choice. He felt that his intellect made his choices, good or bad, result in effects that were either too good or too bad for him to be able to handle. He wanted to be normal, to feel like a human.

So one day he emptied his mind, in a catatonic state of super-meditation he achieved in hours what it takes Buddhists in Asia a lifetime to achieve, he achieved total nirvana. In this state he witnessed, for the first time in his life, calm. He had an epiphany, if he couldn't be him around others because who he was was too superior to who everyone else was, he'd try and super-evolve the human race without manipulating them, by virtue of helping them with problems they could not solve themselves, while he disguised himself, the one that interacted with others in everyday life socially, as mere ole' Bob.

Around others he disguised himself as the President of the United States that had the highest approval rating of all time, for life. But when alone, when allowed to be his true self, he was Epiphany Man, a global shadow-manipulator and mastermind of libertarian schemes, world savior.
Should have called him "Marty-Stu", tbh. Better name all around, I think.

ThorinWoofer
My super hero is called the brute.

His powers are that he's a brute.

Known weakness is pussy.

Bigon
Can we design super heroines too?

Mine from a short story I wrote is Gyrogirl. Originally she lives in a hypothetical distant future on an interplanetary base. Vicious rogue robots attack the base, killing most of the humans on board, but although she is crushed, she is scraped up and repaired with mechanical pieces by the android butler that belonged to her mum and dad and which then goes on to get her out of the infested space station. She uses all their life insurance money to upgrade herself to be a really tough as well as angry cyborg and goes back to the base to destroy the rogue robots and subsequently to begin her career as a space heroine.

Her vital organs are mostly intact and are encased in a synthetic exoskeleton. She still has her trademark red hair, which contains cables of microscopic width. Her hair can electrify and grab things. Other powers include the ability to see in infrared like robots can, to jump from greater heights than a human could and survive for long periods without oxygen. She has her original skull and her face is rebuilt, with advanced rubber/plastic to serve as a new skin.

Of course she is bitter about her predicament as well as moody. Best to get on her good side.

Mindship
Originally posted by Bigon

Mine from a short story I wrote is Gyrogirl... Pic?

Dolos
Originally posted by Bigon

Mine from a short story I wrote is Gyrogirl. Originally she lives in a hypothetical distant future on an interplanetary base. Vicious rogue robots attack the base, killing most of the humans on board, but although she is crushed, she is scraped up and repaired with mechanical pieces by the android butler that belonged to her mum and dad and which then goes on to get her out of the infested space station. She uses all their life insurance money to upgrade herself to be a really tough as well as angry cyborg and goes back to the base to destroy the rogue robots and subsequently to begin her career as a space heroine.

Her vital organs are mostly intact and are encased in a synthetic exoskeleton. She still has her trademark red hair, which contains cables of microscopic width. Her hair can electrify and grab things. Other powers include the ability to see in infrared like robots can, to jump from greater heights than a human could and survive for long periods without oxygen. She has her original skull and her face is rebuilt, with advanced rubber/plastic to serve as a new skin.

Of course she is bitter about her predicament as well as moody. Best to get on her good side. She possesses many parallels to Data from Star Trek: TNG.

I'm fairly sure the brain cells get their energy directly from the ATP to ADP reaction.

There is no reason that this man's brain wouldn't still be taking its energy from the intermediary(or intermediaries) between ATP to ADP reactions and the reactions that provide the brain with energy.

Apropos, if this/these intermediary/intermediaries are giving more energy to allow the brain to undergo superfluous neuro- and synaptogeneses, than it/they must be taking more energy from the original ATP to ADP reactions.

So the carbs aren't going anywhere else until this brain is satiated, in a way. This might inhibit/interfere with physical growth as the brain develops greater amounts of tissue than it was meant to.

TheGodKiller
A world game-changing Boltzmann Brain reality warper. Undecided on the gender, though I think it should be female.

Mindship
A world game-changing Boltzmann Brain reality warper. Undecided on the gender, though I think it should be female. For some stories I had written (most of which have since been gathering dust), I had made a half-human/half-dragon cyborg warrior that was a woman. Females is fun.

TheGodKiller
^It's not an original superhero though, as demanded by the OP.

The idea is pretty much stolen from this fanfic.

That coupled with the fact that I am fascinated with reality warpers in general.

Mindship
this fanfic.Cool story.

I am fascinated with reality warpers in general. If I may say so: take up lucid dreaming. Good reality-warp simulator, especially for understanding the role of will.

StarCraft2
Super hero.
He's indestructible no matter what.

Dolos
The idea of Epiphany Man comes from humans like Stephen Hawking, Leonardo Da Vinci, Magnas Carlson, Elizabeth Stromeyer, Daniel Tammet, Stephen Wiltshire. Epiphany comes from cynical fictitious characters more liken to Stephen Hawking and Da Vinci (than to autistic 'Mentats') such as Doctor Gregory House and Detective Sherlock Holmes. Their abilities were the result of fluid intelligence, brain training, and the plasticity of the human mind. When applied to island intelligence, that plasticity can create a monster.

Savants are humans capable of incredible feats in cognition because their mind's synaptic activity is a-typical. The whole reasoning behind the fact that computer programs now a days like memristors and super computers are billions of times more powerful than a human brain, yet the human brain is far more resourceful with its energy, so much so that these computers only match the intellectual capacity of an animal that doesn't question why it operates the way it does. Well Savants and exceptionally willful intellects seem to be this aspect on steroids, so much so that they may as well be considered cognitively impaired. Island intelligence, excess synaptic activity in small portions of cognition, but less cognitively capability overall.

Epiphany Man is them times a billion. He doesn't have island intelligence, he has grain-of-sand intelligence. From birth he was unable to move, to function, to eat. No one knew why, he was in a strange sort of catatonic stupor. MRI scans showed that his brain wasn't able to carry signals, there was no synaptic activity. A more advanced scan showed that his brain was in a cryonic state, conserving for momentary bursts of energy in very small areas of his brain that lasted for only a few dozen nanoseconds.

One day; in the impossibly brief moment of brain activity, his brain lit up into fireworks. He was moving, his first real cognitive experience was like a man being burned alive, his whole world was scrambled.

After decades of psychotherapy he was able to regulate synapses enough to interact with people around him and learned how to function despite his problem. In a few short months he used the information accessible from the world wide web and devised a way to fix himself, he created a software program that could analyze his synaptic activity and regulate it via bio-feed back. The computer housing this program was like a memristor, like the computer that could checkmate Chess Grand Masters in moments. As it's programs developed his cognitive skill, his neural network developed it to take on a sentience mirroring his. This became an autocatalytic cycle.

Eventually Bob and his Computer Program were able to invent nano-robotic, bio-medical technologies that could alter his body's dna, allowing him to modify his brain and his entire nervous system. He began inventing many such things, his technological designs and scientific research cured humanity of aging and sickness, and allowed civilization to utilize infinite resources. In a post-scarcity economy, the world got rid of nationality and crime.

Digi
My super-hero is a lot like Spider-Man, with his costume, powers, origin, general personality, and hot redhead girlfriend/wife. So basically, Spider-Man. Also, his superhero name is Spider-Man. But he's not Spider-Man. Just exactly like him mostly.

Also, he's me. I'm Spider-Man. In my scenario, that is. I'm not Spider-Man irl. I'm Squirrel Girl.

Dolos
For instance, Daniel Tammet can do advanced calculations at staggering speed with the precision of a computer merely because of his perception of numbers.

I don't have his perception of numbers, even if it were possible for me to learn it I wouldn't know how to alter my perceptions via brain-training, yet a bunch of bio-electronic nano-bots swimming in my dendrites can send signals back and forth from a supercomputer and chemically alter my synaptic activity on command to alter my perception of numbers so that I can do precise calculations on a far larger scale than Daniel Tammet, if it has already scanned his residual cognome aka neural network and has this perception of numbers in its database it can give it to me or improve upon it. It would understand how to re-work my synapses, and it would constantly do this all the time without me knowing why I'm gaining savant abilities and having all these Gregory House esque epiphanies.

Whilst the supercomputer could translate whats going on in my neural network as it alters it, to conserve its own energy so that the femto-integrated circuitry of its silicon chips don't fry when doing wayyyy bigger calculations. It can see how my neural network distributes energy via synapses.

Eventually (after an unknowable amount of time) it will know every trick of every possible neural network, and it will assimilate the maximum potential of the human sapienome's collective brain capacity, and then proceed to process our bodily fluids as efficiently as possible now that we're obsolete. Epiphany man is responsible for the inventions that create a Utopia for humanity to inhabit, but is ultimately responsible for our destruction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.