Green Lantern VS Alan Scott

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/2571758-gbz4.jpg
VS
http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2012/06/2012-06-01-earth2_alan_scott-e1338579929688.jpeg

Alan Scott (earth 2)
VS
The new green lantern

Who wins? Both are in the early parts of their GL career, who would take the other out?

xJLxKing
His name is Baz and he loses

SevenShackles
Originally posted by xJLxKing
His name is Baz and he loses

Thanks for the name. I was totally drawing a blank there lol.

"Id"
The Gay Ranger is tagging dat azz

Golgo13
Baz.

Branlor Swift
Alan Scott rapes. Also he doesn't look like a mexican wrestler.

Golgo13
What has Alan done recently?

Cogito
His ring is now connected to and powered by The Green. He used it to defeat Grundy, who seems to have gotten a serious upgrade in the New 52.

He seems to be more powerful than Baz at this point, but he really only has the one feat.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Cogito
His ring is now connected to and powered by The Green. He used it to defeat Grundy, who seems to have gotten a serious upgrade in the New 52.

He seems to be more powerful than Baz at this point, but he really only has the one feat.

At least Baz brought someone back from a coma. shifty

beatboks
I don't know all Baz has to do to win is take Alan off planet. once he gets too high in the stratosphere he looses his connection to the "green"/ Earth and is depowered

Cogito
Originally posted by beatboks
I don't know all Baz has to do to win is take Alan off planet. once he gets too high in the stratosphere he looses his connection to the "green"/ Earth and is depowered

Unlikely Baz would know anything about Alan's powers

JakeTheBank
Goddamnit.

What did they do to you and the JSA, Alan?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Goddamnit.

They might as well have made new characters for what they are doing.. It's not 'bad' but given the characters being used it just hurts. Such as There is no way Jay can be anything close to the character i loved to read for so long, to much had been stripped away.. But Im starting to like his new incarnation.. Still it's a pale imitation (as of now)

Golgo13
Earth 2 has been pretty good. Love how they are showing the NG's respect.

Cogito
Earth 2 has been pretty shit, tbh.

Golgo13
I like it a lot. World building is what James Robinson does best, IMO.

beatboks
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Goddamnit.

Completely FUBARED it.

Aside form the power drop for Alan his character (until issue #13 - there is hope) comes across as a stuck up #$%#$. Nothing like the noble honorable character he was before.

Jay goes from being the poster child of self confidence ( to the point where he was the JSA's first Chairman right out of College and their youngest member ATT), to being some naive doubtful man with very little faith in himself what so ever ( Also starting to change but it's a wonder he'd lasted the first 12 issues)

Al Pratt is now a good little soldier who will follow any order no matter how stupid it seems ( OH can you kill or capture the "wonders" trying to save all our lives)

Wes Dodd's is a cold blooded killer

Terry Sloane is psychotic and would destroy any city if it would give him a win of any sort. he'd teh reason E-2 Supes, WW, and bat's were killed in issue 1 5 years ago. To win he blew up the area they were fighting in the resulting explosion put craters of massive heat and lava on several parts of the globe and wiped people by the millions ( but Hey Apokolips' armies were killed - along with 1/8 the planet). When Alan, Jay, Al and Harkgirl were fighting Grundy somewhere in Washingtom (IIRC) he was prepared to nuke it while they were there just to beat grundy

Don't eve MENTION JSA in relation to this book. If the team does get called that I'll be going postal somewhere round 1700 Broadway, 7th Fl. New York, NY

SevenShackles
Originally posted by beatboks
Completely FUBARED it.

Aside form the power drop for Alan his character (until issue #13 - there is hope) comes across as a stuck up #$%#$. Nothing like the noble honorable character he was before.

Jay goes from being the poster child of self confidence ( to the point where he was the JSA's first Chairman right out of College and their youngest member ATT), to being some naive doubtful man with very little faith in himself what so ever ( Also starting to change but it's a wonder he'd lasted the first 12 issues)

Al Pratt is now a good little soldier who will follow any order no matter how stupid it seems ( OH can you kill or capture the "wonders" trying to save all our lives)

Wes Dodd's is a cold blooded killer

Terry Sloane is psychotic and would destroy any city if it would give him a win of any sort. he'd teh reason E-2 Supes, WW, and bat's were killed in issue 1 5 years ago. To win he blew up the area they were fighting in the resulting explosion put craters of massive heat and lava on several parts of the globe and wiped people by the millions ( but Hey Apokolips' armies were killed - along with 1/8 the planet). When Alan, Jay, Al and Harkgirl were fighting Grundy somewhere in Washingtom (IIRC) he was prepared to nuke it while they were there just to beat grundy

Don't eve MENTION JSA in relation to this book. If the team does get called that I'll be going postal somewhere round 1700 Broadway, 7th Fl. New York, NY
I had hope they pulled the characters away from what they were to give them something to become. Such as Jay with the confidence issues.. Threw character development make him eventually become the confident but humble man that he was. Same with Al Pratt and Alan eventually becoming something close to what was. Can't just have them all falling into their roles so quickly and competently more so if good stories can be told during the course of them getting there But then we get to something like what they are doing with Terry Sloane And it all seems like crap character assassination.

quanchi112
Alan wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.