Kneel Before ZOD (Man of Steel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
How far does Gen Zod get in this Movie Gaunlet? He is fully charged after each fight and grows more accustomed to his powers after each victory.

Battle field is Metropolis after Superman and Zod demolished it.

1. Ironman (Ironman 2)

2. Abomination (Hulk)

3. Sebastian Shaw (Xmen 1st Class)

4. Dr. Doom (F4)

5. Green Lantern (GL Movie)

6. Loki (Avengers)

7. Thor (Avengers)

8. Dark Phoenix (Xmen 3)

xJLxKing
8 is what would be interesting.. Everyone else gets beat

Zack Fair
Thor will give him a better fight than Phoenix.

Phoenix gets decapitated, lobotomized, thrown to space(pick your favorite) in a second.

xJLxKing
Pheonix was vaporizing things without even trying. Heck, her TP would be a serious problem

JakeTheBank
Things with shit durability, tbf. TP is a valid point though.

SevenShackles
Thor is a the real threat but by that time Zod has been threw enough fodder to grow more and more accustomed with his powers (in the movie he seemed like a rather quick learner in that) and by 8 comes around will give Thor one hell of a fight and I think due to speed mostly would win.

9 is taken with speed. She can't see him, maybe she can sense him but by then she's dead. Zod will ruthlessly kill her one way or another.

Zod clears.

Zack Fair
Her TP will probably get blocked by Zod's helmet and his own TP skills.

She was vaporizing nothing close to the level of durability of Zod, and her vaporizing met its match with Wolverine's adamantium. You can say she was holding back on him, but it still burned off his skin iirc. Not to mention Zod would pretty much blitz her stupid ass(awful movie...can't believe I was so full of hype before it came out)

Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/automotivatord_zps972565e2.jpg

Zack Fair
/thread

KingD19
So people are of the assumption Shaw can give Hulk a fight, but he gets steamrolled by Zod?

Zack Fair
And who are these people?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by KingD19
So people are of the assumption Shaw can give Hulk a fight, but he gets steamrolled by Zod?

Hulk mad... Hulk hit hard.. Hulk madder... Hulk hit harder.. Errr..hulk Mad.. Hulk hit harder..errrgg.. Why no puny man die?! Hulk hit harder..err..
A good fight for movie hulk sure but Zod eventually will figure out the amp situation and could BFR him.. I'm sure more of an argument could be made for Zod dealing with him in other ways (im not gonna bother) but honestly nothing should be needed beyond that as shaw has nothing to stop a BFR into space.

Cogito
A better fight would be Zod vs. all of them at once

Golgo13
Shaw could be a pain the ass to take down.

WhiteWitchKing
He stops at Shaw. I don't see how he's beating Shaw at all.

Cogito
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
He stops at Shaw. I don't see how he's beating Shaw at all.

No limits fallacy much?

He'd beat the shit out of him, HV him, throw him in space, whatever. Shaw did nothing better than absorb relatively minor explosions. There's no evidence he'd even survive the collateral damage caused by Superman's fight with Zod.

Badabing
Originally posted by Zack Fair
/thread thumb up

Zack Fair
Shaw is just a punching bag for Zod to keep punching until he gets tired and throws/flies him to space. Or he could get creative and dump in the bottom of the ocean.

GG Mr. Bacon.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cogito
A better fight would be Zod vs. all of them at once

He'd lose pretty badly.

JakeTheBank
And as far as Shaw goes, he was absorbing the energy of sustained gunfire and grenades, Havok's energy projection, and was gradually absorbing the energy of a nuclear submarine in which he planned to release said energy to spark a war. I don't think it's a no limits fallacy to assume he could absorb heat vision or the force of Zod's blows (at least at first).

Zack Fair
I think he can probably absorb the heat vision and and might tank his blows. However once Zod realizes what is happening Shaw is history.

JakeTheBank
I think he can probably absorb the heat vision and and might tank his blows. However once Zod realizes what is happening Shaw is history.

I honestly think Shaw would absorb the heat vision without any issues. But if Zod were to take him into space or something, it'd be over.

SevenShackles
thumb up yup. I have the image of Shaw amping off Zods attempts to kill him, Zod noticing he is only getting stronger then grabbing him by his head with both hands flying high at super speed and just tossing him up into space..

Getting creative as one said before me (way lazy and won't look to see who) he could just bury him in the ocean.. Or deep in the Ice... or Or deep in the ground. Either way make him immobile and die from lack of oxygen

On a side note; It says Ironman from the 2nd movie, it might not make that big of difference but I find it off it's not Avengers ironman who actually has the 'VS thor' fight under his belt. Just to give Tony more of a chance....oh idk.. Not dying so quickly.. No forget it. He still dies horribly.

TheGodKiller
What TP skills? She was actively portrayed as the superior of an established telepath with 3 movies worth feats to back him up. There is literally no evidence that Zod didn't really use some sort of tech to aid in creating that false illusion in Kal-El's mind, nor is there any evidence that his imaginary tp is anywhere near the level of X-verse's telepaths.

TheGodKiller
Anyways, he stops at Shaw or Doom.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Anyways, he stops at Shaw or Doom.
How does movie Doom stop him?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by SevenShackles
How does movie Doom stop him?
By incinerating him with lightning. Or breaking his neck.

You decide which one would be more appropriate.

Sh3nG L0nG
He stops at Phoenix as long as she keeps him at bay. The rest he should best quite convincingly except for Thor.

juggerman
Zod clears

quanchi112
Stops at IronMan.

juggerman
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
laughing out loud ?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by quanchi112
Stops at IronMan.
Here to help things a little more be it for better or for worse;
2izCz2qtzQ4
wM9VN-W6ybU
How is he stopping that?

quanchi112
How is he stopping that? Blasts him first. Zod was never really acclimated to his environment either.

SevenShackles
Blasts him first. Zod was never really acclimated to his environment either.
If were starting Zod off with his armor and hlemet which I think we are it would take alot of force to damage his helmet and all the while Zod would be hitting him and trying to get at him. If ironman plays the range game Zod is fast enough to dodge before the damage becomes a concern.

At start he would be on Faora and nam-ek's level of strength and speed and grow into his powers as needed. He seemed to be a fast learner, he was able to fly and fly well while superman stumbled and slammed into crap when he first tried. He seemed to be able to adapt that way.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
And as far as Shaw goes, he was absorbing the energy of sustained gunfire and grenades, Havok's energy projection, and was gradually absorbing the energy of a nuclear submarine in which he planned to release said energy to spark a war. I don't think it's a no limits fallacy to assume he could absorb heat vision or the force of Zod's blows (at least at first).

Grenades are pretty phucking weak. The collateral damage caused by the Superman/Zod fight destroyed half a city, and neither of them showed any signs of being hurt at all by it (up to when Superman killed him). Havok's energy projection was at least as underwhelming as a single grenade, and certainly less impressive than what I saw from heat vision.

Combine all of the attacks that Shaw absorbed, and you wouldn't even find a building destroyed. Compare that to Zod.

As for the submarine/nuclear reactor absorption, we have no idea how much energy that released. But given the era of the submarine (60's), it wouldn't have even had a fraction of the power of a modern reactor. Again, we're talking about rate of absorption as much as we are amount.

Zod pushes his shit in.

-----

As for the rest of the group, the only ones who displayed feats that may be able to scratch Zod would be Thor, Dark Phoenix, and Shaw (if he were able to absorb an assault). The rest of them are fodder by comparison.

quanchi112
If were starting Zod off with his armor and hlemet which I think we are it would take alot of force to damage his helmet and all the while Zod would be hitting him and trying to get at him. If ironman plays the range game Zod is fast enough to dodge before the damage becomes a concern.

At start he would be on Faora and nam-ek's level of strength and speed and grow into his powers as needed. He seemed to be a fast learner, he was able to fly and fly well while superman stumbled and slammed into crap when he first tried. He seemed to be able to adapt that way. I disagree and personally see IronMan's energy blasts along with Zod's lack of earth experience and concentration as losing the fight for him.

SevenShackles
I disagree and personally see IronMan's energy blasts along with Zod's lack of earth experience and concentration as losing the fight for him.
Concentration? He is able to focus with his helmet on. If it comes off it's another story but it took alot of bashing to make it malfunction.

Unless your talking about something else.

quanchi112
Concentration? He is able to focus with his helmet on. If it comes off it's another story but it took alot of bashing to make it malfunction.

Unless your talking about something else. Energy blasts take it off and Thats all she wrote.

-Pr-
Bad modship from the junior lizard. Moving...

juggerman
?

You know. In IM2 we see Tony getting beat down by WM with weights. WEIGHTS! Hell Thor, whose weaker than Zod mind you, was crushing better that IM2 armor like it was crackers. Zod stomps

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bad modship from the junior lizard. Moving... Says the drunk Irish mod who leaves spite threads open. facepalm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Says the drunk Irish mod who leaves spite threads open. facepalm

you're half right; I don't leave any open that I think are spite.

Estacado
At Shaw it's not like he could react to Zod's speed also he could just simply pull of the Magneto trick and push his finger through Sebastian's skull while restraining him.

marwash22
stops @ Green Lantern.

juggerman
Originally posted by marwash22
stops @ Green Lantern.

no

marwash22
yes

juggerman
yes

Nah meng. Zod would crush Hal

marwash22
how?

SevenShackles
how?

With his hands.

juggerman
With his hands.

And feet

marwash22
With his hands. excellent argument. you have convinced me.

juggerman
Iirc Hal was being hurt when he was tossed around by Hammond. Zod would do much worse

marwash22
Zod has telekinesis?

juggerman
Zod has telekinesis?

Are you claiming TK is all that is able to sent Hal flying? Into walls and whatnot? We see Zod is more than capable of tossing someone into and even thru walls

Robtard
He can't beat Shaw, enough punches and Shaw will be strong enough to break his neck.

juggerman
BFR is available

Silent Master
Did Zod ever use that tactic in MOS?

juggerman
Originally posted by Silent Master
Did Zod ever use that tactic in MOS?

Was Zod ever against someone that absorbs kinetic energy in MOS?

EDIT: Or against anyone he actually could BFR?

ares834
Why should it matter if he used it? Once he realizes Zod is absorbing the kinetic energy of his punches it doesn't take a genius to figure out his best bet is to bring Zod into space. Which, BTW, he does do in the movie.

juggerman
Originally posted by ares834
Why should it matter if he used it? Once he realizes Zod is absorbing the kinetic energy of his punches it doesn't take a genius to figure out his best bet is to bring Zod into space. Which, BTW, he does do in the movie.

thumb up

Robtard

Zod's not going to just deduce that Shaw is absorbing his energy, Zod's only going to see a guy who he can't break and it'll just make Zod angrier and more prone to punching harder and harder.

Besides, Shaw would just absorb all of Zod's upward momentum and they wouldn't fly anywhere, if Zod tried BFR tactics.

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
Zod's not going to deduce that Shaw is absorbing his energy, Zod's only going to see a guy who he can't break and it'll just make Zod angrier and more prone to punching.

Besides, Shaw will just absorb all of Zod's upward momentum and they won't fly anywhere.

Zod isn't just some raging monster ala Hulk. He's a thinker. Once he sees his hits aren't working he'll work something else out.

Can he do that? That's cool

marwash22
Are you claiming TK is all that is able to sent Hal flying? Into walls and whatnot? We see Zod is more than capable of tossing someone into and even thru walls no, I'm claiming that your example was flawed. Hector tossed Hal around using tk... Zod doesn't have access to that ability, which would make it more difficult for Zod to toss Hal around.

juggerman
no, I'm claiming that your example was flawed. Hector tossed Hal around using tk... Zod doesn't have access to that ability, which would make it more difficult for Zod to toss Hal around.

My example was that getting thrown into walls hurt Hal. Zod can throw him THRU walls.

wakkawakkawakka
So...I take it Heat Vison isn't an option?

juggerman
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So...I take it Heat Vison isn't an option?

I think it was agreed that Shaw could absorb it

Robtard
Zod isn't just some raging monster ala Hulk. He's a thinker. Once he sees his hits aren't working he'll work something else out.

Can he do that? That's cool

He seemed to raging to me in MoS. What will he work out as a win?

Per Shaw's powers, he absorbs all forms of energy.

ares834
Zod's not going to just deduce that Shaw is absorbing his energy, Zod's only going to see a guy who he can't break and it'll just make Zod angrier and more prone to punching harder and harder.

Perhaps.

Besides, Shaw would just absorb all of Zod's upward momentum and they wouldn't fly anywhere, if Zod tried BFR tactics.

Not only does that fail to make any physical sense, but he never does anything like that in the movie.

marwash22
My example was that getting thrown into walls hurt Hal. Zod can throw him THRU walls. cool. How does Zod achieve this?

juggerman
He seemed to raging to me in MoS. What will he work out as a win?

Per Shaw's powers, he absorbs all forms of energy.

Only due to his entire species minus himself and Kal being gone. That wouldn't be the case here and even when he was uber pissed he was still a thinking man. A few options were stated earlier like space, toss in the ocean, bury, ect

But not to the point when people actually stop. He'd absorb the energy it took to get to space but he wouldn't be able to do much with it once there, and it took Zod seconds to get to space

Nephthys
Not only does that fail to make any physical sense, but he never does anything like that in the movie.

He kind of does when Magneto smacks him with those girders and he absorbs their kinetic force.

juggerman
cool. How does Zod achieve this?

Punch, kick, throw, anything really.

juggerman
Originally posted by Nephthys
He kind of does when Magneto smacks him with those girders and he absorbs their kinetic force.

Yeah but they still hit the ground iirc so he didn't stop them

marwash22
Not only does that fail to make any physical sense, but he never does anything like that in the movie. they shot a rocket launcher at him, and instead of being knocked back, he absorbed the impact and was not moved from his position.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys

That's not really similar at all. While I have no doubt he could prevent Zod from uppercutting him, to say he could prevent Zod from flying him upwards... eh.

That's pretty much akin to saying Shaw can resist the force of gravity as the act of falling involves kinetic energy.

marwash22
Punch, kick, throw, anything really. oh, i didn't know Hal was immobilized in this scenario.

Robtard
Perhaps.

Makes sense. Zod would need to apply force/energy to pick up and fly Shaw out into space; Shaw would just absorb that force/energy and they'd not fly.

juggerman
oh, i didn't know Hal is immobilized in this scenario?

Does he need to be? Hal was never a speedy fighter. I know he could travel faster than light but that was never applied in a fight by him. Zod's combat speed is far superior than Hal's so grabbing Hal wouldn't be a problem

Estacado
People seem to forget Magneto killed Shaw with a phuckin coin....ermm

SevenShackles
they shot a rocket launcher at him, and instead of being knocked back, he absorbed the impact and was not moved from his position.

It blew up.. Zod would continue to be in motion.. Kinds different. Plus Zod just needs to hold him and then move he doesn't need to tackle him so if a tackle would fail I'd imagine the Military leader of the kryptonian race could bring himself to explore other tactics other than bull rushing.

marwash22
I don't even think that's something Zod would do. He displayed no such tactics in the movie. he'd likely just keep hitting Shaw.

ares834
If he realized what Shaw is doing, admittedly a big if, then do you really think Zod is just going to keep punching him?

Robtard
Originally posted by Estacado
People seem to forget Magneto killed Shaw with a phuckin coin....ermm

After he had his powers neutralized by Xavier's mind****ing. Which seems to be Shaw's only weakness.

marwash22
Does he need to be? Hal was never a speedy fighter. I know he could travel faster than light but that was never applied in a fight by him. Zod's combat speed is far superior than Hal's so grabbing Hal wouldn't be a problem This fight starts with Zod and Hal a foot away from each other?

marwash22
If he realized what Shaw is doing, admittedly a big if, then do you really think Zod is just going to keep punching him? honestly, yeah. He was kind of a hothead as you may have noticed.

Estacado
After he had his powers neutralized by Xavier's mind****ing. Which seems to be Shaw's only weakness.
Where was it stated that Charles turned off his powers?

Nephthys
If he didn't surely Shaw would have used his power against Magneto. He doesn't just absorb energy, he could have caused an explosion and killed him easily.

marwash22
Where was it stated that Charles turned off his powers? erm

wakkawakkawakka
So...if Heat Vision is bad then BFR in space is an option right?

A part of me kind of wishes Freeze Breath was introduced but I can see why that would be a bad idea.

Robtard
Where was it stated that Charles turned off his powers?

While no one said "Hey, I'm turning off his powers", it was clearly implied, considering the man had no problem tanking a grenade, bullets, RPG, absorbing a nuclear reactor and shrugged off metal girders slamming into him.

If you don't like "turned off", then another way of looking at it is that Charles had stopped Shaw from keeping his powers active.

marwash22
I'm certain Charles told Moira to shut up so he could concentrate on controlling Shaw.

Badabing
you're half right; I don't leave any open that I think are spite. You you are incapable of thought. wink

juggerman
This fight starts with Zod and Hal a foot away from each other?

Superman was faster in combat than Hal and Zod closed the distance pretty fast. Hal wouldn't dodge him

SevenShackles
hRyK5MY763A
Whats the best h2h feat Hal has? The sword fight with Sinestro? Compare that to the speed of the h2h in man of steel and he is completely out classed, hal wasnt that different from that sword fight by the end of the film tbh. Add in constructs and Hal has more of a chance but still has to try and deal with speed and strength he hasn't come across before.. As is Parallax was slow and his body was easily burrowed into by a construct and was a little shapeless (it's head going from one end to another just to chase him) and all he did was suck fear skeletons and shoot giant slow bolts of yellow energy..oh and die. Zod should put a serious hurting on the space cop.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
You you are incapable of thought. wink

looks like you're the one that's tipsy.

Badabing
looks like you're the one that's tipsy. You're just full of win today. You try to ninja troll me, then say I'm tipsy. Stay bad bro. thumb up

marwash22
Superman was faster in combat than Hal and Zod closed the distance pretty fast. Hal wouldn't dodge him who said anything about dodging? Zod has to come at him... Hal could just keep putting obstacles in zod's path, then drop a sun on his dome.

SevenShackles
who said anything about dodging? Zod has to come at him... Hal could just keep putting obstacles in zod's path, then drop a sun on his dome.
..you mean that thing Kilowog did that Hal Jordan got the whole 'drop parallax into the sun' idea from? Hal never did it on film only saw it done for a brief moment and just because he can make constructs doesn't me he can recreate that feat.

Also how much force do you think is needed to break a construct?

Zack Fair
I don't even think that's something Zod would do. He displayed no such tactics in the movie. he'd likely just keep hitting Shaw. He was the one who brought the fight to space.

marwash22
i withdraw my GL argument. Just watched some clips, and Hal's constructs were weaksauce.

juggerman
i withdraw my GL argument. Just watched some clips, and Hal's constructs were weaksauce.

So who do you think stops him? Or do you now think he clears?

K-Dog
agreed Shaw could be drowned or probably thrown into space. His absorption feats are high end though--nuclear reactors can power ships for years. magneto was smacking him with steel beams as hard as he could with no effect.
...interesting thought to see if he could prevent any form of flight of himself via kinetic absorption to prevent bfr...maybe.

Mindset

What?

Zack Fair
hmm Magneto's helmet blocking Xavier's tp and Zod's tvo/telepathy/whatever da fuq he pulled on Kal.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by K-Dog
agreed Shaw could be drowned or probably thrown into space. His absorption feats are high end though--nuclear reactors can power ships for years. magneto was smacking him with steel beams as hard as he could with no effect.
...interesting thought to see if he could prevent any form of flight of himself via kinetic absorption to prevent bfr...maybe. Yeah he did absorb a nuclear reactor, but he did it gradually iirc. Not trying to take anything away from the feat, just saying.

Mindset
hmm Magneto's helmet blocking Xavier's tp and Zod's tvo/telepathy/whatever da fuq he pulled on Kal. You mean the helmet that was specifically designed to block tp?

Iirc he used a device to get inside Lois' and Clark's minds, I don't recall anything in the movie showing or alluding to the fact that he or any other kryptonian has tp.

Zack Fair
I did say "probably." I remember people making an argument for Thor's helmet being capable of blocking TP a few years ago, so I said why not?

And what is this device? It was never explained how Zod got in Kal's mind. All I know is I never saw a device.

I did say Zod would probably blitz her before she tried anything.

SevenShackles
I did say "probably." I remember people making an argument for Thor's helmet being capable of blocking TP a few years ago, so I said why not?

And what is this device? It was never explained how Zod got in Kal's mind. All I know is I never saw a device.

I did say Zod would probably blitz her before she tried anything.

I humored the idea of Zod TP but it doesn't add up.. Why didn't he try to mind rape him later on? It would of been amazing to see superman power out of a TP assault .. But it didnt happen. It only happened on the ship with all the funky mostly unexplored kryptonian tech so it's not that big a leap to assume it was a function of the ship. The ship had a kryptonian atmosphere and Zod dismissed his collapse as superman needing to acclimate when Lois asked for them to help him and the such so it being a trick of the ship just seems more accurate.. KO superman then 'matrix' dream hijack him. I'd say Zod most likely had a stronger mental muscle from interacting with said possible machine but nothing to give him much footing if someone tried to TP attack him.. Personally I'd like to think he can hold himself together long enough to decap someone but given he is dead we will never know.

Zack Fair
I humored the idea of Zod TP but it doesn't add up.. Why didn't he try to mind rape him later on? It would of been amazing to see superman power out of a TP assault .. But it didnt happen. It only happened on the ship with all the funky mostly unexplored kryptonian tech so it's not that big a leap to assume it was a function of the ship. The ship had a kryptonian atmosphere and Zod dismissed his collapse as superman needing to acclimate when Lois asked for them to help him and the such so it being a trick of the ship just seems more accurate.. KO superman then 'matrix' dream hijack him. I'd say Zod most likely had a stronger mental muscle from interacting with said possible machine but nothing to give him much footing if someone tried to TP attack him.. Personally I'd like to think he can hold himself together long enough to decap someone but given he is dead we will never know. The TP probably failed because Kal-El was not unconscious. He was actively punching Zod's shit in.

SevenShackles
The TP probably failed because Kal-El was not unconscious. He was actively punching Zod's shit in.
The action was fast but Zod has his chances.. When he was making his speech about how he had nothing left superman wasn't moving until Zod tackled him and started talking about how he was going to kill every human one at a time. He could of rage TP mind attacked him instead.. Or when he was on the ground with superman over him struggling to break free of his grip shouting that superman had to kill him while he was blasting heat vision at a small family.. Could of maybe tried something then.

Unless you mean he needs a person to be KO to use the TP which.. Idk.. That seems odd. Does anyone have TP that functions like that? Sounds Like dream walking and the such.

Zack Fair
I brought up the TP and helmet to point out that TP is not guaranteed to work. My main point has always been that Phoenix will probably get decapitated before she tries anything.

Dwelling on how the TP worked or why Zod didn't use it again is something I don't really want to do. We lack info to engage in a proper debate/argument. So I guess I'm conceding *shrug*

SevenShackles
I brought up the TP and helmet to point out that TP is not guaranteed to work. My main point has always been that Phoenix will probably get decapitated before she tries anything.

Dwelling on how the TP worked or why Zod didn't use it again is something I don't really want to do. We lack info to engage in a proper debate/argument. So I guess I'm conceding *shrug*

Oh I only brought it up because it's all iffy. If the TP was him then some resistance is given, if it was the ship then not so much. The helmet itself being able to resist TP is just an assumption unless I missed something here. (as in something stated in the film that went over my head) It follows a certain logic that if they have tech that can invade a person mind they would have safe guards for such things and the helmet may or may not have such a safe guard.. But that again is an assumption. The only solid way for Zod to have resistance is if it was him with the TP ability but sadly it just didn't seem to add up that way.

Guess I should of just said something like that rather than say all the crap I did before. Didn't mean to drag you into something needless big grin

I agree he takes her head off before she can do anything worth while.

The Silent Hero
Only difficulty would be with Phoenix, either she gets lucky and vaporizes him instantly or he uses heat vision.

Other than that, none of them can compete with Zod.

Mindset

I did say Zod would probably blitz her before she tried anything. This is hilarious, you've gone full abhi.

There was nothing that showed Zod having tp.

Robtard
People being whacked, yo.

The Silent Hero
Actually I'm gonna say Phoenix loses too. She's not disintegrating Zod.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
Actually I'm gonna say Phoenix loses too. She's not disintegrating Zod.

Why not?

marwash22
because people have made the leap in logic that Zod's skin is significantly stronger than steel.

Emi~Kiro
Does Loki get his avengers staff? I think Loki gives him more trouble than GL. He has Decent durability but mostly his illusions would at least make him annoying to deal with.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindset
This is hilarious, you've gone full abhi.

There was nothing that showed Zod having tp. Except Zod ****ing with Kal's mind.

I mean...really?

Mindset
We see Supes in the ship laying on the bed with kryptonian devices on around him, we never see Zod use tp.

We never see any mention of Kryptpnian's having tp, we never see any use tp.

Come on, abhi.

Zack Fair
We see Supes strapped on. Then we see Zod right after Kal wakes up. We see no devices anywhere besides the device the scientist dude used to take kal's blood sample.

Better luck next time Trollset.

Edit Another thing: singer said he would show a new power never shown before in film, but we have already seen speed, strength, durability, heat vision , vision powers and super hearing. Probably the Zod stunt was Tvo? Who really knows. Like I said earlier the detailed info behind how Zod did what he did is vague, but to say nothing suggests mind ****ery from Zod is a bit much IMHO.

Mindset
The whole ship was a device. There is literally nothing that shows kryptonian's having tp. You even tried to say a random helmet would block tp. laughing out loud

You have been riding MoS figurative nuts for weeks now, it's hilarious.

Zack Fair
The whole ship was a device. There is literally nothing that shows kryptonian's having tp. You even tried to say a random helmet would block tp. laughing out loud

You have been riding MoS figurative nuts for weeks now, it's hilarious. Prove the whole ship is the device. I said probably. I never said it was a fact.

Now you're trying to discredit me as if that proves anything. Just concede and go troll someone else.

Mindset
The fact that once Jor El was uploaded he could appear to Lois and move around with her. Lmao, that you brought it up at all is retarded. Might as well say anyone with something metal on their head could be immune to tp.

I'm not trying to discredit you, just laughing at you. Concede to what? You don't have proof of anything, even if you could prove Zod had tp it would be many times weaker than Jean's.

marwash22
Now you're trying to discredit me as if that proves anything. Just concede and go troll someone else. your sig and avy set discredits you, ya damn fanboy.

Zack Fair
and Jor-El hiacking the ship proves the ship telepathy ****ed Kal? You have no real proof either bro.

Cool. Like I said I said probably when i brought it up and let it go the moment fair counterpoints were made about the helmet.

You don't have prove either. Which is the fun part. I never said Zod's whatver would be on Jean's level. My stance has always been she gets offed before she gets to do anything.

Ok we're done now?

Good.

Mindset
He has become a fanboy, that's why it's so funny.

Before this I've never even seen him post about Superman.

Zack Fair
Because my previous SBP name didn't show my fanboyism uhuh

Mindset
and Jor-El hiacking the ship proves the ship telepathy ****ed Kal? You have no real proof either bro.

Cool. Like I said I said probably when i brought it up and let it go the moment fair counterpoints were made about the helmet.

You don't have prove either. Which is the fun part. I never said Zod's whatver would be on Jean's level. My stance has always been she gets offed before she gets to do anything.

Ok we're done now?

Good. No, it proves the whole ship had interactive capabilities and the fact that no kryptonian was shown to have tp, or was said to have out there's no reason we should assume they had it.

The fact you needed someone to point out that any random metal helmet blocking tp doesn't make any sense should make you stop posting in shame.

I don't even need proof, you made the claim Zod had tp, the onus was on you. I just wanted to give you a graceful way of bowing out without looking like abhi, you're welcome.

Zod isn't speed blitzing before she can use tp.

Zack Fair
over

Back to OoT.

marwash22
Zod isn't speed blitzing before she can use tp. i remember having a similar discussion with someone (i think it was Quan) in a thread about a Jedi vs a character with TP.

He was claiming that a jedi could wave his hand and force push before the telepath could simply think about crushing the jedi... the argument suggests that the jedi is faster than thought.

no expression

Zack Fair
Yo I don't remember the last time I watched Xmen flicks. Did Jean get past her need to touch people's head to TP, or did she show the ability to have TP on Xavier's level. Don't remember at all.

Zack Fair
i remember having a similar discussion with someone (i think it was Quan) in a thread about a Jedi vs a character with TP.

He was claiming that a jedi could wave his hand and force push before the telepath could simply think about crushing the jedi... the argument suggests that the jedi is faster than thought.

no expression Would depend on how fast these jedi's thought process is?

For example comic book Superman and the likes of other speedsters like Flash have insane thinking speed(wonder if that is the right term) So its possible for them to own the telepath before said telepath can begin to think about using their powers.

marwash22
i don't actually recall Phoenix Jean ever initiating TP... i recall her owning Xavier when he tried to TP rape her, but i think he was the one who went into her mind.

marwash22
Would depend on how fast these jedi's thought process is?

For example comic book Superman and the likes of other speedsters like Flash have insane thinking speed(wonder if that is the right term) So its possible for them to own the telepath before said telepath can begin to think about using their powers. Flash thinks ftl. no need to bring him into this.

I've never read a single Star Wars comic/novel, but i feel safe in saying not a single character in the franchise is anywhere near fast enough to move his/her body faster than someone can think.

Zack Fair
Flash thinks ftl. no need to bring him into this.

I've never read a single Star Wars comic/novel, but i feel safe in saying not a single character in the franchise is anywhere near fast enough to move his/her body faster than someone can think. I was giving an example bro. I don't really know about SW comics besides a few dark empire and novel reads, but its been far too long to remember details.

marwash22
I was giving an example bro. I'm not your bro, pal. ahah

Zack Fair
http://lolfunnymeme.com/wp-content/uploads/sadpanda.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.