Superman versus Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Pre-Flashpoint Superman (CISless/CIPless)

vs.

Superboy Prime

Can an unshackled "forum mode" Superman overcome the inherent power discrepancy in the form of Prime?

curryman
I think regular Superman can overcome him.

Zack Fair
Superman loses unless he goes intangible and tvos his ass.

JakeTheBank
Regular Superman as in Superman fighting normally in character or regular Superman under these thread conditions?

curryman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Regular Superman as in Superman fighting normally in character or regular Superman under these thread conditions?

Let's say Superman and Superboy Prime are put into an cage and Superman can't leave until Superboy's unconscious.

I think Superman would win.

Zack Fair
Go home you are drunk.

JakeTheBank
I personally think, given the thread conditions, that Superman could beat Prime, especially when you factor in that he's pretty much infinitely smarter than Prime when it comes to power application and combat.

Prime's pretty much a hammer. Superman is a smaller hammer that can also work as a fine scalpel.

Branlor Swift
Prime three shots him again

Rage.Of.Olympus
Prime heat visions Superman's head off because he isn't as durable as Superboy. Or Zauriel. Or the Human Bomb. Or Yat. Or Red Star.

Wait, my bad, Superboy Prime was weakening himself mentally against all of them.

ares834
Prime wins.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Prime heat visions Superman's head off because he isn't as durable as Superboy. Or Zauriel. Or the Human Bomb. Or Yat.

Wait, my bad, Superboy Prime was weakening himself mentally against all of them. Come now Rage. Superman is always treated like a ***** whenever he fights Prime with their powers. He usually has a lot of backup too when they are fighting.

Prime beats him. Heat Vision shooting through him like a hot knife through butter or not.

Way to stir shit up though thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Come now Rage. Superman is always treated like a ***** whenever he fights Prime with their powers. He usually has a lot of backup too when they are fighting.

Prime beats him. Heat Vision shooting through him like a hot knife through butter or not.

Way to stir shit up though thumb up

I think Superman would fair infinitely better if he faced Prime in a one on one situation.

Yeah, Superman has shit durability, I agree. Didn't Wonder Girl get hit by Prime's heat vision at one point? Hmmm, I'll check my collection later. I could really have some fun with that.

Can't help it, I get bored this late. Well I'm off, good night.

Zack Fair
Good luck with that hunt.

Night. Take care of yourself, yo. thumb up

Sundipped
Can an unshackled "forum mode" Superman overcome the inherent power discrepancy in the form of Prime?

http://www.reactiongifs.com//wp-content/gallery/no/tracey-morgan-nope.gif

Zack Fair
hahaha that gif rocks

Sundipped
Prime heat visions Superman's head off because he isn't as durable as Superboy. Or Zauriel. Or the Human Bomb. Or Yat. Or Red Star.

Wait, my bad, Superboy Prime was weakening himself mentally against all of them.

Fixed. thumb up

Sundipped
hahaha that gif rocks

Since I couldn't find the right words I let Tracy drove the point home for me. Thanks thumb up

abhilegend

facepalm

You play a dangerous game rage. It wouldn't end well for you.

Sh3nG L0nG
Prime can beat superman at his own game even with the stips.

TheGodKiller
Nope.

quanchi112
Prime dominates him. Far more powerful.

curryman
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
Prime can beat superman at his own game even with the stips.
Permit me to disagree, good sir.

Superman's got hundreds and hundreds of years worth of experience on Prime. Not only that but we know that Superboy Prime isn't too fast for him and that Superman's punches can hurt him. That's all he needs.

quanchi112
Originally posted by curryman
Permit me to disagree, good sir.

Superman's got hundreds and hundreds of years worth of experience on Prime. Not only that but we know that Superboy Prime isn't too fast for him and that Superman's punches can hurt him. That's all he needs. Prime is stronger and more powerful with the same abilities. Prime wins.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Prime three shots him again

thumb up

-Pr-
Superman.

Diesldude
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman.

thumb up

eaebiakuya
Prime is faster than Superman?

ODG
Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Prime is faster than Superman?
Yes.

Galan007
So this is basically OWAW Superman vs. Prime?

Granted Superman is a badass mofo when he's bloodlusted, but I still wouldn't put him above Prime. Imo, Prime is just on another level.

carver9
Superman gives him a fight but loses every time during the end.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Galan007

Granted Superman is a badass mofo when he's bloodlusted, but I still wouldn't put him above Prime. Imo, Prime is just on another level. thumb up

ODG
-Pr-, ban these nublets. uhuh

Galan007
Nublet? Is that something like an amputee?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
-Pr-, ban these nublets. uhuh

Soon!

Zack Fair
http://www.animationshops.com/images/animationshops/product/large/SM12-23380496_1.jpg

-Pr-
Doesn't really fit with the argument...

quanchi112
Originally posted by ODG
-Pr-, ban these nublets. uhuh Prime wins.

ODG
Nublet? Is that something like an amputee? Noob = nub

"-let" suffix, e.g., booklet, applet, chiclet

Hence, "nublet."

JakeTheBank

Granted Superman is a badass mofo when he's bloodlusted, but I still wouldn't put him above Prime. Imo, Prime is just on another level.

More or less, yes. Superman's completely uninhibited, using his powers and skills to their utmost effectiveness to best Prime, using anything displayed on panel.

I wouldn't put Superman above Prime, but I would argue that given Superman's vastly superior combat intellect, he could outfight Prime in spite of Prime being more powerful than he. I would also argue that the gap between Superman and Prime in terms of power is significantly smaller than the gap between Superman and Prime in terms of effective power usage/skills/intelligence.

eaebiakuya
If Prime is faster, what stop a speedblitz ? How many punches can Superman endure ?

-Pr-
More or less, yes. Superman's completely uninhibited, using his powers and skills to their utmost effectiveness to best Prime, using anything displayed on panel.

I wouldn't put Superman above Prime, but I would argue that given Superman's vastly superior combat intellect, he could outfight Prime in spite of Prime being more powerful than he. I would also argue that the gap between Superman and Prime in terms of power is significantly smaller than the gap between Superman and Prime in terms of effective power usage/skills/intelligence.

thumb up

TheGodKiller
Prime kills Superman to death with his incessant crybaby whining.

JakeTheBank
That is a valid option for Prime. mmm

Odekahn
Prime. It's a very close though.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Odekahn

I can accept this. thumb up

quanchi112
Prime. It's a very close though. What makes you think it is close ?

Naija boy
Superman wins

Odekahn
Originally posted by quanchi112
What makes you think it is close ?

Because under these conditions and given Supermans power set, any of us here are more than capable of thinking of ways to utilize Clark's powers enough to give Prime a hell of a fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Prime destroys Thor.

I don't see how this isn't spite.

That objectivity.

quanchi112
Because under these conditions and given Supermans power set, any of us here are more than capable of thinking of ways to utilize Clark's powers enough to give Prime a hell of a fight. Yat did not give him a helluva fight and he had the Ion power. Prime is too much for Superman alone.

quanchi112
That objectivity. laughing out loud

iceman24567
Superman >> Thor

Odekahn
That objectivity.

That's because Prime was stated to be without CIS in that thread. Genius.

Odekahn
Yat did not give him a helluva fight and he had the Ion power. Prime is too much for Superman alone.

This is CIS/CIP less Superman.

If it were regular Clark, I'd agree with you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman >> Thor Based on what ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's because Prime was stated to be without CIS in that thread. Genius.

Hmmm? Pretty sure in that thread, Prime operates in his regular mindset like he usually does, no?

Odekahn
Based on what ?

The fact that he's DC.

NemeBro
Superman has never had a good showing against a full-powered Prime, alone or with aid.

Superboy Prime with a glimmer of sunlight on his finger tips overpowered a team of heroes, including such A-listers like Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and... Oh, Superman.

Three Superman-tier beings (One of them the geniune article) have been rag-dolled by a sufficiently motivated Prime.

He punches his fist down Superman's throat and uses him as a reverse sock puppet.

Odekahn
Hmmm? Pretty sure in that thread, Prime operates in his regular mindset like he usually does, no?

Go read it again and come back. My impression (and I still stand by it) that I had the entire time was that both Thor and Prime were fighting under the same condition (i.e. CIS/CIP off).

If you want to quote me to try and make me look like a contradictory, biased fanboy, at least keep it in context.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Go read it again and come back. My impression (and I still stand by it) that I had the entire time was that both Thor and Prime were fighting under the same condition (i.e. CIS/CIP off).

If you want to quote me to try and make me look like a contradictory, biased fanboy, at least keep it in context.

Why were you under that impression? CIP/CIS off were listed for Thor, and Prime had CIS off in the same way that he rarely if ever holds back in a comic. Well whatever, I was just browsing and your post stood out. I thought it was funny. Still is.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman has never had a good showing against a full-powered Prime, alone or with aid.

Superboy Prime with a glimmer of sunlight on his finger tips overpowered a team of heroes, including such A-listers like Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and... Oh, Superman.

Three Superman-tier beings (One of them the geniune article) have been rag-dolled by a sufficiently motivated Prime.

He punches his fist down Superman's throat and uses him as a reverse sock puppet.

So you don't think the stipulations do anything for Superman at all? Especially considering every thing Superman's done in his history (including roughing up beings greater than Prime) and not just his brief encounters with Prime?

quanchi112
This is CIS/CIP less Superman.

If it were regular Clark, I'd agree with you. So to you Cip and cis off Yat = Superman ?

quanchi112
The fact that he's DC. Makes sense.

NemeBro
So you don't think the stipulations do anything for Superman at all? Especially considering every thing Superman's done in his history (including roughing up beings greater than Prime) and not just his brief encounters with Prime?

When you say CIP, does that mean you are taking into account every feat he ever performed, in lieu of battle showings against Prime?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by NemeBro
When you say CIP, does that mean you are taking into account every feat he ever performed, in lieu of battle showings against Prime?

I'm taking into account his feats (barring the ones with context/aid/plot device/etc.) across his entire canonical career at the peak of his power in addition to his showings against Prime.

Considering Superman can do anything from brawling and slugging it out against an opponent or using superior skill and combat acumen against them, I personally don't feel that Superman engaged Prime as effectively as he could have based on other battles he's had. I do acknowledge Prime's power advantage, though.

-Pr-
I'm taking into account his feats (barring the ones with context/aid/plot device/etc.) across his entire canonical career at the peak of his power in addition to his showings against Prime.

Considering Superman can do anything from brawling and slugging it out against an opponent or using superior skill and combat acumen against them, I personally don't feel that Superman engaged Prime as effectively as he could have based on other battles he's had. I do acknowledge Prime's power advantage, though.

thumb up

Odekahn
So to you Cip and cis off Yat = Superman ?

Where'd you get that impression from?

Omega Vision

I agree. Superman would destroy Thor. biscuits

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I agree. Superman would destroy Thor. biscuits

If Superman wasn't bound by CIS/CIP and Thor still was, sure. cool

Omega Vision
Hey what happened with you and Blair's tourney? I thought you were cohosting.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Hey what happened with you and Blair's tourney? I thought you were cohosting.

I don't really have the time to keep up with actually co-hosting an ongoing tournament as of now and all the responsibilities to date, unfortunately. At best, I can offer a thorough judging or something similar.

Omega Vision
I don't really have the time to keep up with actually co-hosting an ongoing tournament as of now and all the responsibilities to date, unfortunately. At best, I can offer a thorough judging or something similar.
I understand.

Odekahn
Why were you under that impression? CIP/CIS off were listed for Thor, and Prime had CIS off in the same way that he rarely if ever holds back in a comic. Well whatever, I was just browsing and your post stood out. I thought it was funny. Still is.

Because of the way carver worded it. It appeared as though he was under the impression that SBP already fought with CIS off casually. So I was just trying to answer the question in the way I thought it was asked.

xJLxKing
If you take into accounts feats, I'm sure Superman would beat Prime. However, considering their history in fights, Prime wins.

JBL
Prime 10/10. Pretty much spite.

Zack Fair
Doesn't really fit with the argument... STFU

-Pr-
STFU

sneer

h1a8
If Prime catches him one time with a lethal dose of hv then it is over.
But Superman has a chance with the Cisless Cipless conditions.
He can go for t-vo or intangibility more often than not. He can even try to sing him out of existence.

So this fight is mostly based off how do you guys feel Superboy Prime can deal with Superman's top speed and reflexes being always on. Can Prime catch him before being sung out of existence or being t-voed?

quanchi112
Where'd you get that impression from? Your post. I see you're back pedaling now.

JBL
Originally posted by xJLxKing
If you take into accounts feats, I'm sure Superman would beat Prime. However, considering their history in fights, Prime wins. Supermans feats negate the azz whooping prime put on him how??

NemeBro
Originally posted by h1a8
He can even try to sing him out of existence. lol

I change my mind, Superman's girlish falsetto wailing wins the day.

curryman
Where were all you sad Prime-fanboys when I was arguing Rage and 5 others that the Hulk wasn't on his level...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hiding from me obviously.

Diesldude
Where were all you sad Prime-fanboys when I was arguing Rage and 5 others that the Hulk wasn't on his level... WBH isn't but superman is. smile

abhilegend
Where were all you sad Prime-fanboys when I was arguing Rage and 5 others that the Hulk wasn't on his level...
Right here curry.

abhilegend
Hiding from me obviously.
You flatter yourself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
You flatter yourself.

Maybe, but I'm enough to deter you. I really am curious as to how you'll handle a battle zone with a limited number of posts.

abhilegend
Maybe, but I'm enough to deter you. I really am curious as to how you'll handle a battle zone with a limited number of posts.
Better than you of course.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Better than you of course.

Want to have a go at it then? I still want to do Majestic vs. Thor.

abhilegend
Want to have a go at it then? I still want to do Majestic vs. Thor.
Why don't you take part in curry's tourney then?

quanchi112
Better than you of course. Accept his challenge. You ran from me and then pulled out after Smurph defeated you.

Odekahn
Your post. I see you're back pedaling now.

I don't backpedal. I say what I think. If my opinion changes, so will my answers. Now, quote what I said that gave you that assumption. Or were you just talking out of your ass?

quanchi112
I don't backpedal. I say what I think. If my opinion changes, so will my answers. Now, quote what I said that gave you that assumption. Or were you just talking out of your ass? Look back in the thread. I don't like your tone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why don't you take part in curry's tourney then?

Hmmm, why, you want to see me debate in a tourney? I'm flattered. But it takes a bit to much preparation for me at the moment.

Odekahn
Look back in the thread. I don't like your tone.

I don't really care if you like my tone, lol. I didn't mean any offense, but if you want to get mad about it, oh well.

I'm not going back and looking for something that isn't there. If I said it, quote it. Otherwise, shut up.

quanchi112
I don't really care if you like my tone, lol. I didn't mean any offense, but if you want to get mad about it, oh well.

I'm not going back and looking for something that isn't there. If I said it, quote it. Otherwise, shut up. You implied it and are back pedaling.

-Pr-
Guys, get back on topic. No more personal jabs.

Odekahn
You implied it and are back pedaling.

Prove it. Show me where.

carver9
I don't backpedal. I say what I think. If my opinion changes, so will my answers. Now, quote what I said that gave you that assumption. Or were you just talking out of your ass?

Dang Quan.

quanchi112
Prove it. Show me where. A few pages back but we were told to get back to the topic. Prime wins.

xJLxKing
So post it, quote him lol

quanchi112
So post it, quote him lol I was told to get back to the topic. I see Prime winning this.

xJLxKing
laughing out loud nice dodge

quanchi112
laughing out loud nice dodge I am being on topic. Prime wins. More ruthless and more powerful.

JakeTheBank
plz don't get mah thread locked gais

Odekahn
A few pages back but we were told to get back to the topic. Prime wins.

Backpedaling... Irony.

-Pr-
Quan, stop baiting people.

Guys, stay on topic.

quanchi112
Quan, stop baiting people.

Guys, stay on topic. They responded to me after you posted. They are baiting me.

Odekahn
plz don't get mah thread locked gais

Sorry.

Ok, so... Prime wins in a very good fight.

quanchi112
Backpedaling... Irony. Prime wins.

Odekahn
Prime wins.

Agreed.

h1a8
This is a good fight. Superman's only chance is to not get hit with a devastating attack (such as hv through the head or something). With Cis off and Cip off Superman can try to avoid getting hit in enough time to do some crazy stuff.

I would probably go with Prime here after much consideration of what Superman can do. Don't get me wrong, Superman can win some. It's just hard to overcome attacks that can almost end the fight if he gets caught. A critical HV blast or a good rocking punch to the head can put Superman at a great disadvantage with good chances to lose.

Prime wins about 6-7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.