MineCraft On Apple Mac-HELP!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esau Cairn
My 7 yr old son loves Minecraft. He's mastered the controls on the Ipod for the pocket version so I downloaded the game for him onto my Apple Mac.

The problem is, my son can't lay down blocks on the Mac.
The instructions say, Left Click (on mouse) to break/use tools & Right Click to place & toggle blocks.

Pretty straight forward instructions...but the problem is there is NO Left/Right click options on the mouse, it's simply a one click option regardless of what side you're pressing.

So if the game is Mac compatible to begin with, how does my son lay down blocks to build with?

Bardock42
You should get yourself a two button (or three button, really) mouse for playing Minecraft or any game.

However, you can simulate right click by pressing ctrl + click.

It won't be much fun though, I think.

I personally don't have an Apple Magic Mouse, but I think it may also be possible to assign the right side of the Magic Mouse to be right click (though that also won't be a great experience). To check if that's a possibility press on the black apple button in the upper left -> System Preferences -> Mouse.

If you get a normal mouse I can tell you Minecraft runs well on a Mac and is a lot of fun, just as on Windows. I play it all the time.

Esau Cairn
Cheers Bardock...yeah found out about the ctrl + click this morning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.