Green Lanterns vs This Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Team vs Team who wins?

Green Lantern team
Hal
Kyle
John
Kilowog

vs

Team Magneto
Magneto
Graviton
Her
Count Nefaria

janus77
Depends on exactly who this mystery "Her" is.
She could be someone really powerful.
Or she could be a HE as in Herc.

pym-ftw
I think he is refering to an old Adam Warlock character

LeonBuco666
What are the lantern rings made of? Is it some form of metal or just energy

tijay
they are mechanical

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by tijay
they are mechanical magneto solos

Cogito
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
magneto solos

They're most certainly not metal.

They're pure willpower. Ganthet was shown making one when he decided to become a GL instead of a Guardian. I don't have the scans on me right now, but I'll try to post it later.

Tony Stark
This team FTW easily

Golgo13
Lanterns.

yaadaveyaa
magneto is to much for the team of lanterns the rest of the team is pretty damn strong as well

Cogito
lol at Magneto being too powerful for the likes of Hal and Kyle.

You guys crack me up.

yaadaveyaa
yea were using them as gl's not any of their other versions he dominates them

Golgo13
Originally posted by Cogito

You guys crack me up.

laughing out loud indeed.

ODG

They're pure willpower. Ganthet was shown making one when he decided to become a GL instead of a Guardian. I don't have the scans on me right now, but I'll try to post it later. Your certitude is curious. Especially considering Dr. Polaris made Kyle punch his own face with his ring with his magnetism.

abhilegend

You guys crack me up.
thumb up

Considering how Magneto has been portrayed in last few years, its just laughable.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by ODG
Your certitude is curious. Especially considering Dr. Polaris made Kyle punch his own face with his ring with his magnetism. if this is true, like i said magneto solos

Golgo13
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

Considering how Magneto has been portrayed in last few years, its just laughable.

And it's not like Hal/Kyle hasn't faced magnetic users before.

Odekahn
Lanterns can channel the EM spectrum too...

golem370
This is Her not a direct link but goes to her bio http://marvel.wikia.com/Kismet

LeonBuco666
They can channel it but magneto hos complete control over it

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
Your certitude is curious. Especially considering Dr. Polaris made Kyle punch his own face with his ring with his magnetism.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_GreenLanternCorps48009-10_zpsfab7407b.jpg

From the Book of Oa: To forge a power ring is a feat most arduous, even for a Guardian. Massive, potentially lethal levels of willpower must be sustained throughout the process. For will is the ore from which a ring and battery are crafted.

ODG
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/GreenLanternCorps48009-10_zpsfab7407b.jpg~original

From the Book of Oa: To forge a power ring is a feat most arduous, even for a Guardian. Massive, potentially lethal levels of willpower must be sustained throughout the process. For will is the ore from which a ring and battery are crafted. Which apparently takes on a metallic quality considering Dr. Polaris used magnetism to seize the ring and made Kyle punch himself repeatedly with it.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
Which apparently takes on a metallic quality considering Dr. Polaris used magnetism to seize the ring and made Kyle punch himself repeatedly with it.

I don't recall this specifically, but I'd bet anything it happened before Rebirth, after which everything changed as far as Green Lanterns go.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
Which apparently takes on a metallic quality considering Dr. Polaris used magnetism to seize the ring and made Kyle punch himself repeatedly with it.
Metals(specifically those of ferric qualities) aren't the only things attracted by magnetic fields:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramagnetism

golem370
Light is effected by the electromagnetic spectrum right?

ODG
I don't recall this specifically, but I'd bet anything it happened before Rebirth, after which everything changed as far as Green Lanterns go. Everything changed? When we're supposed to be convinced that nothing really changed for GLs even after Crisis on Infinite Earths per forum rules? I know what has changed explicitly on-panel. And GL rings being metallic enough for Dr. Polaris to manipulate isn't one of those things.

While it's not your fault, I'm not surprised that this two-faced attitude on KMC concerning Green Lanterns rears its head again though. How "convenient" that the only time we actually see magnetism being used on the ring, it somehow doesn't count.

Or is "arbitrary" the better word for it? mhmm

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
Everything changed? When we're supposed to be convinced that nothing really changed for GLs even after Crisis on Infinite Earths per forum rules? I know what has changed explicitly on-panel. And GL rings being metallic enough for Dr. Polaris to manipulate isn't one of those things.

While it's not your fault, I'm not surprised that this two-faced attitude on KMC concerning Green Lanterns rears its head again though. How "convenient" that the only time we actually see magnetism being used on the ring, it somehow doesn't count.

Or is "arbitrary" the better word for it? mhmm

Don't be ridiculous. When Johns took over he retconned all kinds of stuff. That scan, for example, is a retcon. Rings may have been metal before, but Johns changed them to be willpower.

ODG
Don't be ridiculous. When Johns took over he retconned all kinds of stuff. That scan, for example, is a retcon. Rings may have been metal before, but Johns changed them to be willpower. So you're saying the GL rings weren't similarly forged from willpower in Oan furnaces before that issue? By all means, show me a scan from pre-Rebirth showing that.

And after you're done doing that, then you can realize how fruitless such an endeavor would be considering Ganthet forged Kyle's GL ring from pure willpower in the palm of his hand too in pre-Rebirth and it was affected by Dr. Polaris' magnetism anyway .

Golgo13
So, when was it actually stated that the rings are metal?

golem370
If he was able to cause the Lantern to hit himself was else could it have been?

-Pr-
This is where it gets kind of icky. Johns retconned the composition of the rings, but that doesn't negate what Polaris did during the arc with Kyle.

If these are DCNU versions, though, then it doesn't matter, as only what Johns wrote has been carried over, so is all that counts.

janus77
Can the ring prevent Magneto affecting a GL's brain or blood?

Odekahn
They can channel it but magneto hos complete control over it

I'm not saying he can negate magnetos power absolutely... Just enough to keep mags from disarming him.

-Pr-
Originally posted by janus77
Can the ring prevent Magneto affecting a GL's brain or blood?

The shields can block psionic signals, yes.

janus77
Then the only effective attack Magneto has is to throw shit at them?

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
So you're saying the GL rings weren't similarly forged from willpower in Oan furnaces before that issue? By all means, show me a scan from pre-Rebirth showing that.

And after you're done doing that, then you can realize how fruitless such an endeavor would be considering Ganthet forged Kyle's GL ring from pure willpower in the palm of his hand too in pre-Rebirth and it was affected by Dr. Polaris' magnetism anyway .

Not sure why you need to put spoiler tags on something that happened ages ago, but whatever.

Ganthet didn't forge Kyle's ring in his hand from nothing, he reassembled Hal's old ring that he discarded and stepped on immediately before he entered the central battery and became Parallax. Ganthet just picked up the pieces and remade the ring from it.

And get out of here with these ridiculous retcon rules you're making up. You're being argumentative for the purpose of being argumentative. If Johns says rings are made of willpower, then they're made of willpower. They may not have been then, but they are now.

golem370
Iron in the blood would work and electrical impulses

janus77
Originally posted by golem370
Iron in the blood would work and electrical impulses
hmm, but the ring prevents such attacks, no?

-Pr-

pretty much.

janus77
Anything in the battlefield? Earth's core perhaps?

Some heavy duty iron ore ??

Odekahn

I wouldn't say that per se. He can get creative with his powers, he's just not beating them by disarming or attacking their physicality directly.

ODG
Not sure why you need to put spoiler tags on something that happened ages ago, but whatever.

Ganthet didn't forge Kyle's ring in his hand from nothing, he reassembled Hal's old ring that he discarded and stepped on immediately before he entered the central battery and became Parallax. Ganthet just picked up the pieces and remade the ring from it. Bleh, mixed up the post-Flashpoint scene with the Emerald Dawn scene. Originally posted by Cogito
And get out of here with these ridiculous retcon rules you're making up. You're being argumentative for the purpose of being argumentative. If Johns says rings are made of willpower, then they're made of willpower. They may not have been then, but they are now. Shut. Up.

These retcon rules aren't anymore arbitrary than your own. Don't make me laugh. Odin crafted chains/prison out of pure Odinforce to bind Thor in Fear Itself #2. I'm not going to assume that they're not metallic and immune to magnetism because of their original Odinforce nature... especially not when an earlier comic from a few years previous shows that those chains are specifically affected by magnetism. This is what you are trying to do.

You HAVEN'T EVEN SHOWN that they weren't forged from willpower pre-Rebirth! I already asked you for these supposed scans that show the forging process is completely different to even substantiate that there is retcon in the first place. Let me repeat myself again: go ahead and show the radically different process pre-Rebirth that establishes that some sort of drastic retcon occurred in the first place to cast their metallic nature in doubt now. Because clearly, they were affected by magnetism before.

xJLxKing
GLC win and pretty damn easily

-Pr-
The rules about Green Lantern were never arbitrary.

Odekahn
Sinestro made a duplicate ring for Hal Jordan. What was that ring made of?

janus77
Originally posted by Odekahn
Fried onion?

LeonBuco666
I'm not saying he can negate magnetos power absolutely... Just enough to keep mags from disarming him. mags could quite easily reverse the ES back into the rings and overload the rings/ring

Golgo13
Hal could just reverse Magneto's own attacks or overload him too.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Golgo13
Hal could just reverse Magneto's own attacks or overload him too. how? Anyhow, isnt it very rare for a lantern to channel the electromagnetic spectrum anyway, so would it even come to that

-Pr-
Both attacks are as likely as one another, so either way...

golem370
Lets say the fight takes place on earth in the Grand Canyon. I think her would be able to make a dent imo

Cogito

According to ODG, it was made of willpower that transforms into metal erm

Likely story, right?

Odekahn
how? Anyhow, isnt it very rare for a lantern to channel the electromagnetic spectrum anyway, so would it even come to that

It would make perfect sense for The GLs to have the ring put a EM shield around themselves. Mags isn't going to be able to use any of the easy wins tactics against a GL anymore than he can Ironman.

carver9

They're pure willpower. Ganthet was shown making one when he decided to become a GL instead of a Guardian. I don't have the scans on me right now, but I'll try to post it later.

Is that why Polaris was able to take control of he rings to the point that Kyle was punching himself in the face.?

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9
Is that why Polaris was able to take control of he rings to the point that Kyle was punching himself in the face.?

Kyle's ring is different than other GLs rings isn't it?

-Pr-
Either way, it doesn't matter, as these are the post Rebirth Lanterns.

quanchi112
Team Magneto wins.

celeyhyga17
Team Hal cause of Hal. The rest of his group are pu$$!3s.

LeonBuco666
If its rebirth lanterns then they win

ODG
According to ODG, it was made of willpower that transforms into metal erm

Likely story, right? You act like forged willpower cannot manifest as weaponized cosmic metal. Based on what, exactly?

The entirety of Oa's planet was created from this willpower by Ion Kyle. Pretty sure the dirt on Oa's surface is dirt. And if someone like Geoforce were to fight on that planet, he could use terrakinesis to manipulate the ground. But somehow, according to you, that cannot possibly be the case. Because it started out as willpower.

Likely story, right?

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
You act like forged willpower cannot manifest as weaponized cosmic metal. Based on what, exactly?

The entirety of Oa's planet was created from this willpower by Ion Kyle. Pretty sure the dirt on Oa's surface is dirt. And if someone like Geoforce were to fight on that planet, he could use terrakinesis to manipulate the ground. But somehow, according to you, that cannot possibly be the case. Because it started out as willpower.

Likely story, right?

Stop trolling.

Ion I was god-like, capable of rewriting the universe. It also happened pre-Rebirth. Don't compare that shit to a (post-Rebirth) GL ring.

John's quoted excerpts from the Book of Oa.
For will is the ore from which a ring and battery are crafted.

So what he have here are two scenarios.
Option 1 (mine): Johns retconned the rings
Option 2 (yours): Johns forgot to quote the passage that said "and then that willpower transforms into metal"

No. Bullshit. It explicitly says the rings are made of willpower. It literally couldn't be any more clear.

ODG
Stop trolling.

Ion I was god-like, capable of rewriting the universe. It also happened pre-Rebirth. Don't compare that shit to a (post-Rebirth) GL ring. How is it trolling when I show you that willpower can manifest itself into matter? And the recreation of Oa is canon post-Rebirth, anyway. You act like Green Lantern: Rebirth was some event of CoIE-retconning proportions. It wasn't. At all. Originally posted by Cogito
John's quoted excerpts from the Book of Oa.
For will is the ore from which a ring and battery are crafted. Considering that the entire process mirrored a steel forge process, I don't see how this scene distances itself away from it being weaponized cosmic metal. "Foundry", "forge," "ore," "crafted," "mold," these words aren't a result of pure coincidence. N1gga, please. Originally posted by Cogito
So what he have here are two scenarios.
Option 1 (mine): Johns retconned the rings
Option 2 (yours): Johns forgot to quote the passage that said "and then that willpower transforms into metal" Option 3: There was never a retcon since rings were probably forged in a similar manner previously. You never did bother to provide scans that showed a completely different pre-Rebirth process for forging rings and batteries. Don't think I haven't noticed. Three times over. Originally posted by Cogito
No. Bullshit. It explicitly says the rings are made of willpower. It literally couldn't be any more clear. It literally couldn't be any clearer that GL rings have been affected by magnetism on-panel. This scene doesn't negate that.

Had you a scene where Nu52 Dr. Polaris tries to pull a ring off and Guy smugly screams, "This ain't anything like metal, ya clown." Then you'd have a point. That would be a clear retcon. This isn't. And it might not even be a retcon from previous scenes where GL rings/batteries are created.

Cogito
And how do you explain Sinestro making Hal a ring from his ring? GLs lost the ability to create solid materials ages ago.

It's simple, Johns retconned it. Or the other writer was an idiot. I still haven't seen the scene where Dr. Polaris did that (not that I have much doubt it exists)

ODG
And how do you explain Sinestro making Hal a ring from his ring? GLs lost the ability to create solid materials ages ago.

It's simple, Johns retconned it. Or the other writer was an idiot. I still haven't seen the scene where Dr. Polaris did that (not that I have much doubt it exists) What does that have to do with anything? Besides, I remember it being pointed out to me that GLs have created emergency rings in the past. GLs ability to transmute matter is suspect, I agree. But Ganthet isn't exactly your normal GL. And, as Johns has beaten us over the head with these past few years, neither is Sinestro.

WHAT RETCON? You STILL haven't showed me a single scan before Rebirth that shows a completely different process of battery/ring forging that starts with metal. Stop being so blatantly obtuse and so willfully ignorant. How many times do I have to point this out to you? Four times at least, so far.

-Pr-
Guys, get back on topic please.

Cogito
Found the issue where Polaris affected Kyle's ring. JLA Volume 3 #59.

It was one of those ridiculous comics where Plastic Man was wanked. Kyle punched himself in the face, apparently WW is highly vulnerable to electricity, and Superman was beat by derelict ships and, I shit you not, volcanic ash. Apparently Wally "couldn't slow down long enough to take the Doc out" (he was clearing metal debris). Of course they had to have Plastic Man step in because he has no metal in him.

If that's not a PIS ridden story, I don't know what is.

abhilegend

It was one of those ridiculous comics where Plastic Man was wanked. Kyle punched himself in the face, apparently WW is highly vulnerable to electricity, and Superman was beat by derelict ships and, I shit you not, volcanic ash. Apparently Wally "couldn't slow down long enough to take the Doc out" (he was clearing metal debris). Of course they had to have Plastic Man step in because he has no metal in him.

thumb up
Just like Trial By Fire.

Cogito
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up
Just like Trial By Fire.

It should also be noted that a super rookie Kyle took on Polaris in GL V3 #59. Dr. Polaris didn't affect Kyle's ring then, and after a couple panels of Kyle getting knocked around (without any apparent damage) he one-shot the Doc.

I'll try and post scans later.

Golgo13

The writer actually apologized for that story.

Cogito
Originally posted by Golgo13
The writer actually apologized for that story.
laughing out loud did he? I don't think I've ever seen a writer apologize.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.