Penance stare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
How would the penance stare work on these characters, would it work at all?

rulk
lobo
thanos
galactus
Odin
mangog
amazo
despero
spectre

if the penance stare wouldnt work how about engulfing them in hellfire?

who out of the above would be effected in anyway by penance stare/hellfire

janus77
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
How would the penance stare work on these characters, would it work at all?

rulk
lobo
thanos
galactus
Odin
mangog
amazo
despero
spectre

if the penance stare wouldnt work how about engulfing them in hellfire?

who out of the above would be effected in anyway by penance stare/hellfire
Isn't Galactus beyond "right and wrong" and far above the entity that GR channels?

I'd like to see what it does to Thanos, given his disposition it'd be very interesting.

Stoic
Lobo, Thanos, Galactus, and Odin, and perhaps Amazo (No soul to tamper with) would be the only ones that could somehow deflect or simply be immune to the effects of the penance stare imo. The Spectre could resist it as well but that would depend on the version. Thanos is simply too robust and hard headed to remain under it's effects for more than a couple seconds, the same goes for Lobo.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by janus77
Isn't Galactus beyond "right and wrong" and far above the entity that GR channels?

I'd like to see what it does to Thanos, given his disposition it'd be very interesting. think about the billions an billionsof being G has killed? And when thanos wiped out half the universe, wouldnt the stare cause them to feel the pain they dished out? An i think the hellfire would cripple both of them

janus77
think about the billions an billionsof being G has killed? And when thanos wiped out half the universe, wouldnt the stare cause them to feel the pain they dished out? An i think the hellfire would cripple both of them
Yes but without Galactus' hunger, the universe dies and without Galactus, Abraxas is released and the omniverse dies.

I doubt he'd be affected by it at all. Other than maybe as a sentimental moment where he feels sorry for himself.

Thanos would be interesting because he actively desires to obliterate beings, so their pain thrown back on his soul might just make him orgasm or something.

LeonBuco666
Yes but without Galactus' hunger, the universe dies and without Galactus, Abraxas is released and the omniverse dies.

I doubt he'd be affected by it at all. Other than maybe as a sentimental moment where he feels sorry for himself.

Thanos would be interesting because he actively desires to obliterate beings, so their pain thrown back on his soul might just make him orgasm or something. hahahahaha

Stoic
think about the billions an billionsof being G has killed? And when thanos wiped out half the universe, wouldnt the stare cause them to feel the pain they dished out? An i think the hellfire would cripple both of them

With Galactus, it wasn't some evil that he committed when devouring planets. That would be like you getting the guilts for eating a cheese burger. It just wouldn't stick. Thanos on the other hand has resisted forces far greater than the penance stare when he went through a chaos/order tunnel called the Nexus of Realities in order to free the Inbetweener. Master Order and Lord Chaos are above the penance stare imo.

janus77
Somebody's gotta have a scan of Thanos with a "happy face" ...

LeonBuco666
Somebody's gotta have a scan of Thanos with a "happy face" ... when he got nailed with a full on lightning blast from thor an smiled

janus77
when he got nailed with a full on lightning blast from thor an smiled
That's good, but I'm thinking something more in the order of what I imagine his face looks like after he nails Death...

Mshinu
something like this

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThanosvsThor1.jpg

tijay
and yet another image scarred across my retinas

LeonBuco666
Instead of johnny, how would a full powered zarathos' penance stare or hellfire do against the latter

janus77
Originally posted by Mshinu
something like this

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThanosvsThor1.jpg
Eeexactly!

Oh, looks like Death's a squirter!

Mshinu
Originally posted by tijay
and yet another image scarred across my retinas

mission accomplished evil face

tijay
Was any reason given as to why Death "broke-up" with Thanos

Cos I think she was having a little sumtin' sumtin' on the side (Deadpool)

LeonBuco666

Cos I think she was having a little sumtin' sumtin' on the side (Deadpool) they were never together thanos just stalked her trying to impress her

tijay
ahkay

still think there was something goin on tween her and DP

janus77

Cos I think she was having a little sumtin' sumtin' on the side (Deadpool)
Probably because she used Thanos like a cosmic enema, when she dumped him ino the Cancer Universe.

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
The Spectre could resist it as well but that would depend on the version.

The Spectre is the literal abstract embodiment of God's divine wrath. Penance Stare ain't doing shit to it.

LeonBuco666
What about mangog? Billions of souls of criminals murders, thieves etc in one? He ffeds of negative energy so would hellfire an penance stare make him more powerful?
An how would full power zarathos GR with medallion of power fair against thanos, spectre an galactus

BullwinkleMoose
In the cartoon, GR's Penance Stare messes up Galactus pretty good

TheGodKiller
^Cartoons aren't admissible as proof on the Comic Book Versus forums.

TheGodKiller
An how would full power zarathos GR with medallion of power fair against thanos, spectre an galactus
I don't know how it would affect Thanos. It'd probably just make the Spectre stronger, since he's gods wrath and has a similar vengeance based function that the Zarathos-powered GR does. Galactus would have to be starving to the point of death for it to affect him at all.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I don't know how it would affect Thanos. It'd probably just make the Spectre stronger, since he's gods wrath and has a similar vengeance based function that the Zarathos-powered GR does. Galactus would have to be starving to the point of death for it to affect him at all. isnt a full powered zarathos ment to be equal to am average spectre and with the mddallion of power wouldnt that make him more powerful than spectre AND this isnt a fight by the way the character have let Zarathos OR johnny who are both at full power look directly into their eyes, if that doesnt work they are to be engulfed in hellfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.