Green Lantern Vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
Hal Jordon is tasked with bringing in superman and delivering him to Zod in order to save humanity.

Can hal take down the man of steel?

nlLI2dywfEw g2DiRuegbEA

marwash22
Originally posted by marwash22
Hal's constructs were weaksauce.

Robtard
Hal loses here, his only chance is dropping a mini sun, since he can't do that and complete his goal, he's ****ed.

SevenShackles
Superman can take a good beating and is both fast and strong enough to break his constructs and possibly kill Hal if he doesn't hold back enough. All that while Hal struggles to keep up.

And before someone brings it up Hal can't create a small sun, Kilowag did that and Hal only saw it briefly before having to fight it's pull and seeing doesn't mean you can replicate it. Nothing ever hints to him being able to do it.

Robtard
Except of course for Hal mastering his powers by the end of the film.

-Pr-
Superman.

BruceSkywalker
lols.. Kal kicks the crap out of Jordan

FrothByte
Hal is not fast enough to keep up with Superman. And even if he is, one shot from Superman is likely to KO him or even kill him. Supes on the other hand can survive most of what Hal will throw at him.

Odekahn

His shields held back parallax, a planet destroyer.

marwash22
Originally posted by Odekahn
His shields held back parallax, a planet destroyer. wut?

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Superman can take a good beating and is both fast and strong enough to break his constructs and possibly kill Hal if he doesn't hold back enough. All that while Hal struggles to keep up.

And before someone brings it up Hal can't create a small sun, Kilowag did that and Hal only saw it briefly before having to fight it's pull and seeing doesn't mean you can replicate it. Nothing ever hints to him being able to do it.
Its not like Hal has no chance. He can take him to space and try and hold him there with all his power until he passes out from lack of oxygen.

Originally posted by Robtard
Except of course for Hal mastering his powers by the end of the film.
I don't follow your logic. How does him getting competent with his ring as in being able to use it without needing to struggle mean he can replicate any feat performed by other GLs? That seems flawed.

juggerman
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Its not like Hal has no chance. He can take him to space and try and hold him there with all his power until he passes out from lack of oxygen.

There's no indication that Superman needs Oxygen and/or cannot breathe in space. He fought Zod in space and showed no difficulty breathing/surviving. Hal would need to use his ftl speed to maybe net a win but it's unlikely

COG Veteran
Don't see how this is much of a match, Supes one-shots him. I don't quiet recall Hal having much durability.

Robtard

I don't follow your logic. How does him getting competent with his ring as in being able to use it without needing to struggle mean he can replicate any feat performed by other GLs? That seems flawed.

Because by the end of the film Hal had mastered his willpower and considering the ring creates what the user imagines, it wouldn't be hard for Hal to imagine something he's already seen.

marwash22
Originally posted by juggerman
There's no indication that Superman needs Oxygen and/or cannot breathe in space. He fought Zod in space and showed no difficulty breathing/surviving. mhmm

BlackZero30x
Hal did manage to make constructs strong enough to keep him from being sucked into the gravitational pull of the sun and it didn't seem like the heat of being that close to it bothered him all that much.

With that said.....Sups wins.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Odekahn
His shields held back parallax, a planet destroyer.

lolz not this again, the shiny cgi light was not repeat was not a shield..

there is nothing in Green Lantern that tells me he wins.. None of his constructs are powerful/strong enough to do a damn thing...

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Because by the end of the film Hal had mastered his willpower and considering the ring creates what the user imagines, it wouldn't be hard for Hal to imagine something he's already seen.

To be fair though, will power on it's own is not what makes a lantern great. Will power determines the quality/power of the construct, but it doesn't help much in terms of how fast he can make them or how complex his constructs are.

Still, I agree that Hal wins this fight.

Robtard
I don't think Hal wins here, his only chance to take out Superman would be a mini sun and since he can't due to thread stipulations, it's just a matter of time before Superman breaks his constructs and his neck.

marwash22

Emi~Kiro
There's no indication that Superman needs Oxygen and/or cannot breathe in space. He fought Zod in space and showed no difficulty breathing/surviving. Hal would need to use his ftl speed to maybe net a win but it's unlikely

Same way there's no indication that superman needs oxygen there's no indication that he doesn't need it. They were in space for such a brief moment that it's rather inconclusive.

It's fact green lantern can be in space without Oxygen. But since debating this will go nowhere I'll leave it alone. K? :3

If he has to bring him to Zod then with one Construct tethered to himself he would FTL travel him to Zods ship before he break out and get the win via stipulations.

marwash22
Same way there's no indication that superman needs oxygen there's no indication that he doesn't need it. They were in space for such a brief moment that it's rather inconclusive.

It's fact green lantern can be in space without Oxygen. But since debating this will go nowhere I'll leave it alone. K? :3 no, no, please keep going. I want to see him justify his position since he argued the exact opposite thing in the "Zod vs. Hancock" thread.

juggerman

It's fact green lantern can be in space without Oxygen. But since debating this will go nowhere I'll leave it alone. K? :3

If he has to bring him to Zod then with one Construct tethered to himself he would FTL travel him to Zods ship before he break out and get the win via stipulations.

He was underwater for a longer time. Not exactly sure how long but it shows that even if he needs to hold his breath he can do so for a long time. Longer that it would take to KO Hal imo. And that's if the fight even goes into space

juggerman
no, no, please keep going. I want to see him justify his position since he argued the exact opposite thing in the "Zod vs. Hancock" thread.

Oh please hop off my nuts k?

marwash22
cry some more.

juggerman
cry some more.

Back with your ball yet or are you still hiding behind others?

marwash22
wut?

juggerman
wut?

Forget it. Who do you think wins?

marwash22
lol.

Superman...

Hal's constructs were weaksauce.

juggerman
lol.

Superman...

Good boy

marwash22
lulz.

not sure you're acting like i share your biased tendencies.

i base my arguments on facts. Superman in MoS displayed the power necessary to beat GL. *shrug*

juggerman
lulz.

not sure you're acting like i share your biased tendencies.

i base my arguments on facts. Superman in MoS displayed the power necessary to beat GL. *shrug*

Why are you still here? You already said Supes wins. Why not focus your attention on debating those that disagree and give that hard on you have for me a rest

marwash22
uggh

Emi~Kiro
He was underwater for a longer time. Not exactly sure how long but it shows that even if he needs to hold his breath he can do so for a long time. Longer that it would take to KO Hal imo. And that's if the fight even goes into space

I forgot about the underwater stuff but your right he has 'super' lungs and most likely can last holding his breath in a fight long enough to either go back and get air or wash the green lantern off his hands when he kills Hal in space.

-Pr-
Green Lanterns survive in space because they have a shield.

Proving Superman needs to breathe superceeds proving he doesn't, imo.

juggerman
Originally posted by -Pr-

thumb up

Emi~Kiro

Then what about the atmosphere plot? Clark being attuned to earths atmosphere opposed to kryptonian and how when he went into the kryptonian ship he couldn't breath and was visibly stressed from this? It didn't seem to have anything to do with sunlight but overall environment. Air.

-Pr-
Then what about the atmosphere plot? Clark being attuned to earths atmosphere opposed to kryptonian and how when he went into the kryptonian ship he couldn't breath and was visibly stressed from this? It didn't seem to have anything to do with sunlight but overall environment. Air.

I took it more to be the way his cells were being manipulated than some sort of oxygen deprivation, myself.

juggerman

It seems to be it had to do with the environment in total. And because he may not HAVE TO breathe does not mean he wouldn't have BEEN breathing. And when his powers are negated i'd assume he'd need to breathe even if he didn't while full powered.

Estacado
Lulz Hammond was tooling Hal by throwing him against a barrel.....haermm

Mindship
I seem to vaguely recall reading somewhere, long ago, that it wasn't just Earth's yellow sun that gave Kal powers, but the total terran environment. This included not only Earth's lighter gravity, but also Earth's thinner atmosphere. Hence, Kryptonians' more powerful eyeballs were suddenly able to perceive more than they ever could before. Something like that.

Mindset
I took it more to be the way his cells were being manipulated than some sort of oxygen deprivation, myself. What?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.