HOTM Hulk vs GA Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
Seems like most believe Prime would lose to this Hulk so what if Prime had his amp?

Indestructible planet
No BFR
PIS/CIS off

eaebiakuya
You cant put guys who are faster than light with CIS/PIS off against Hulk...there is no fight.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

juggerman
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
You cant put guys who are faster than light with CIS/PIS off against Hulk...there is no fight.

Apparently not everyone agrees

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Apparently not everyone agrees Prime is exaggerated. Monarch was owning him and wasn't serious until Prime ripped his armor open.

Sundipped
^
Lies
I seriously doubt Hulk can win this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
^
Lies
I seriously doubt Hulk can win this. What did I lie about ?

yaadaveyaa
still think hulk wins this .... how much of an amp does this give prime?

quanchi112
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
still think hulk wins this .... how much of an amp does this give prime? Decent size amp just not enough to beat the Hulk. It also runs out unlike Hulks anger amp.

Cogito
still think hulk wins this .... how much of an amp does this give prime?

Regular Prime was able to go head to head with hundreds of Green Lanterns, most of Earth's heroes, multiple Supermen, fly through the Anti-Monitor, etc.

With the Guardian Amp, he was effortlessly able to punch into the 5th dimension and pull Mxy out, where he tortured him with the help of Annataz (an alternate Zatanna). He engaged Monarch with the amp wearing off, and by the end of the fight the amp was gone (according to Monarch/he was regressing to his usual younger appearance). He breached Monarch's armor and survived the resulting universe-destroying explosion at ground zero.

So how much does it amp him? An unknown degree. Enough to easily punch through dimensions. His regular form is a better matchup for HotM Hulk though, IMO.

yaadaveyaa
well we have the same feat with juggerman punching thru deminsions that is a feat thats kind of eh i know prime is strong as hell ive actually been reading more and more but this hulks power at this lvl and that "amp" doesnt ware off hes gonna keep gettin stronger

quanchi112
well we have the same feat with juggerman punching thru deminsions that is a feat thats kind of eh i know prime is strong as hell ive actually been reading more and more but this hulks power at this lvl and that "amp" doesnt ware off hes gonna keep gettin stronger Punching through dimensions doesn't mean anything here. Don't let him fool you. He's never punched through Superboy or Superman or MM so its Disingenouous to use it like some kind of debating tactic.

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
Regular Prime was able to go head to head with hundreds of Green Lanterns, most of Earth's heroes, multiple Supermen, fly through the Anti-Monitor, etc.

With the Guardian Amp, he was effortlessly able to punch into the 5th dimension and pull Mxy out, where he tortured him with the help of Annataz (an alternate Zatanna). He engaged Monarch with the amp wearing off, and by the end of the fight the amp was gone (according to Monarch/he was regressing to his usual younger appearance). He breached Monarch's armor and survived the resulting universe-destroying explosion at ground zero.

So how much does it amp him? An unknown degree. Enough to easily punch through dimensions. His regular form is a better matchup for HotM Hulk though, IMO.
Exactly.

Regular SBP would beat HOTM Hulk, GA SBP vs HOTM Hulk borders on spite against Hulk.

xJLxKing
Sorry but hulk gets killed in everyway possible. This guy is stronger than the same version who survived a universal explosion

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
Exactly.

Regular SBP would beat HOTM Hulk, GA SBP vs HOTM Hulk borders on spite against Hulk. Based on what ?

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what ?
Comics?

quanchi112
Comics? Teen Titans.

carver9
Seems like most believe Prime would lose to this Hulk so what if Prime had his amp?

Indestructible planet
No BFR
PIS/CIS off

Was it painful seeing people pick Hulk over Priime?

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Was it painful seeing people pick Hulk over Priime? He really likes Prime.

zopzop
Teen Titans.
Low showing.

quanchi112
Low showing. Canon. Superboy scarring him for life. Krypto biting him.

Hulk rapes him.

Naija boy
Hulk wins in a good fight

juggerman
Was it painful seeing people pick Hulk over Priime?

laughing out loud no i actually agree Hulk would beat Prime. Just taking it up a notch

juggerman
Canon. Superboy scarring him for life. Krypto biting him.

Hulk rapes him.

Was that this version of SBP?

abhilegend
Prime wins.

Sundipped
Was that this version of SBP?

No but he forgot to tell you that Krypto was one shot by base Prime.
This Prime was doing shit like one shotting alternate Zod, Wonderwoman, Manhunter and busting Atlantis and the Source Wall with HV.

Side note: This Prime WILL BILTZ as seen throughout Countdown so please refrain from the "it's not in character for him to utilize his speed" argument.

LordofBrooklyn
The combination of CIS/PIS being off is too much for HOTM Hulk to contend with.

The factor of speed is the element that Hulk supporters cited as the key in their matchup. Prime doesn't have a history of utilizing the Speedblitz consistently, with these stipulations though he will.

The Hulk doesn't even see what is beating him.

xJLxKing
No but he forgot to tell you that Krypto was one shot by base Prime.
This Prime was doing shit like one shotting alternate Zod, Wonderwoman, Manhunter and busting Atlantis and the Source Wall with HV.

Side note: This Prime WILL BILTZ as seen throughout Countdown so please refrain from the "it's not in character for him to utilize his speed" argument. juggernaut was on your side. He was asking quan 2hy he was refering to sbp instaed of smp f4om countdown

eaebiakuya
Unless someone prove that Gamma Energy can move way faster than light, i really dont know how Hulk stands a chance to even touch Prime.

Endless Mike
He doesn't need the amp

iceman24567
Originally posted by Endless Mike
He doesn't need the amp This and Prime stomps here

quanchi112
Was that this version of SBP? Version is only temporary. Nuke like power hurting him happened to Guardian amped Prime.

xJLxKing
laughing out loud nice attempt hahahha

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
laughing out loud nice attempt hahahha Stated in the comic. smile

xJLxKing
post the scan it saying that the blast had the same force as a nuke? What kind of nuke too please
We only know the explosion looked like a nuke, but not its power. So post proof please
And its soooo idiotic of you to even attempt to act as if it was a nuke when a few pages later, Superboy Prime survives a universal explosion. He didnt even have the amp

Get .out. please

Golgo13
Prime stomps.

Damborgson
I'm having serious issues understanding how this is a stomp in anyone's favor.

carver9
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/Superman/Countdown13p06.jpg.html

@JLking.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
post the scan it saying that the blast had the same force as a nuke? What kind of nuke too please
We only know the explosion looked like a nuke, but not its power. So post proof please
And its soooo idiotic of you to even attempt to act as if it was a nuke when a few pages later, Superboy Prime survives a universal explosion. He didnt even have the amp

Get .out. please Calm down. You are ranting. It's in the comic but I don't have it on my iPad.

He never survived the explosion but Monitor did.

quanchi112
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/Superman/Countdown13p06.jpg.html

@JLking. Nice, carvey.

I'm sure jxking will ignore it though.

Sundipped

@JLking.

And this is supposed to prove what?
This does nothing to prove how concentrated that blast of quantum energy was. It only looks like a nuke. This should be evident considering Clark has tanked basic nukes before and wasn't hurt at all.

abhilegend
Superman has laughed at nukes.

carver9
And this is supposed to prove what?
This does nothing to prove how concentrated that blast of quantum energy was. It only looks like a nuke. This should be evident considering Clark has tanked basic nukes before and wasn't hurt at all.

Writers intent. If it was meant to be anything else, the writer would have confirmed it during the story. In bold he put NUKE. Can't get any clearer than that imo.

Galan007
Writers intent. If it was meant to be anything else, the writer would have confirmed it during the story. In bold he put NUKE. Can't get any clearer than that imo. Last I checked, nukes don't contain quantum energy. Just saying.

xJLxKing
The guy says, "they set off a nuke". Last I checked it was only Monarch. Clearly, he isn't speaking out of facts, but rather what he sees visually. He believe it to be a Nuke and claims the enemy, not even knowing how or who, set it off.

It wasn't a nuke, but only looked like it when it detonates. So I'm still waiting for a clear fact that it says it's a NUKE

Endless Mike
Carver's still going off on that nuke business? A character who has no idea what was going on stated it looked like a nuke. That somehow invalidates the character who actually created it stating what it was, and Superboy right after tanking a universe-devastating blast?

xJLxKing
laughing out loud NO we are ignoring the blast that destroyed the universe. ALL THAT matters is that a Nuke like blast hurt Superboy. Forget the rest man, don't you know how to make a valid argument :/

ODG
Unless someone prove that Gamma Energy can move way faster than light, i really dont know how Hulk stands a chance to even touch Prime. lol?

Diesldude
Calm down. You are ranting. It's in the comic but I don't have it on my iPad.

He never survived the explosion but Monitor did. I'm surprised that you are allowed to blatantly lie like this. The universal destructive explosion hit him point blank. Once the universe was destroyed TT found him unconscious and floating in space of that destroyed universe. that's where he was plucked out from. So he tanked the blast. The monitor could have arrived afterwards we don't know because iirc we don't see him in the explosion. Furthermore, IIRC, other monitors vacated that universe when they sensed the explosion. So this monitor could have came back after the universe was destroyed.

you are wrong on this or you refuse to accept this because of your bias.

NemeBro
Writers intent. If it was meant to be anything else, the writer would have confirmed it during the story. In bold he put NUKE. Can't get any clearer than that imo. In bold some douche put nuke.

Some douche who had no idea what was going on.

It was stated by Monarch to be the power of the big bang itself.

It gave SBP a mild sunburn.

Prime punches WBH's head off.

Golgo13
Originally posted by NemeBro
In bold some douche put nuke.

Some douche who had no idea what was going on.

It was stated by Monarch to be the power of the big bang itself.

It gave SBP a mild sunburn.

Prime punches WBH's head off.

thumb up And says, "I'll kill you to DEATH!"

Zack Fair

Indestructible planet
No BFR
PIS/CIS off There is a green blood splash where Hulk used to be.

LordofBrooklyn

What do you mean by "Most" people.

The thread seems pretty evenly split between the two.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What do you mean by "Most" people.

The thread seems pretty evenly split between the two.
When he says most, it's the people who have a reputation to vote for their champ no matter the odds

MF DELPH
Prime.

ODG
Originally posted by Diesldude
I'm surprised that you are allowed to blatantly lie like this. The universal destructive explosion hit him point blank. Once the universe was destroyed TT found him unconscious and floating in space of that destroyed universe. that's where he was plucked out from. So he tanked the blast. The monitor could have arrived afterwards we don't know because iirc we don't see him in the explosion. Furthermore, IIRC, other monitors vacated that universe when they sensed the explosion. So this monitor could have came back after the universe was destroyed.

you are wrong on this or you refuse to accept this because of your bias. Superboy Prime tanked the blast, it's a persistent myth that he didn't. The Monitor used his force-fields to tank it also. He speculates as to whether his ownforce-fields spared the sapling that he strangely found on a patch of ground. And the universe wasn't so much destroyed -- more rendered lifeless -- as we saw in Final Crisis. Earth-51 was still there with ruined buildings and stuff. If you're familiar with the Nega Bomb from Operation Galactic Storm, that wiped out 98% of the Kree population across the Magellenic Cloud galaxy but somehow kept its planets and stars and civilization infrastructure sort of intact (still ravaged), that's what happened.

It wasn't a void of existence like, say, with Hyperion.

TheHulk
Lol GA SPB in a stomp...especially with CIS off XD

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by ODG
lol?

Since this fight is CIS/PIS off, Prime will move faster than light the entire match (and blitz all the time). If he see some energy coming from Hulk, he can fly to another planet and comeback to fight.

How Hulk will hit him ?

ODG
Since this fight is CIS/PIS off, Prime will move faster than light the entire match (and blitz all the time). If he see some energy coming from Hulk, he can fly to another planet and comeback to fight.

How Hulk will hit him ? Originally posted by ODG
lol? I think you should read the "Forum Rules" sticky.

mighty adam
Superman prime all with ease

Branlor Swift
Yo

carver9
Hulk rips his jaw off with a tiger uppercut.

Branlor Swift
You've started the day off bad, but it seems you're turning it around

abhilegend
Heh, the myth that the universe wasn't destroyed is pretty annoying.

Originally posted by Rorschach
Thought I'd clear this up, since it's apparently becoming an issue when discussing Prime.

Monarch destroyed everything in that Universe except for a sapling, and the a small patch of land.

As to why it survived, well, it's like Nix speculated, it could have been luck, his personal shields, etc.

So, why were there cities when Superman went to Earth-51 in Superman Beyond?

Because Earth-51 had been recreated, and then destroyed again.

If anyone here remembers what happened in Countdown (which should be no one), they'd remember that Karate Kid ends up spreading a virus that wipes out an entire Universe.

That Universe was the recreated Earth-51, as stated here by Solomon.

http://tinypic.com/r/2edzhid/5

The Earth-51 in Superman Beyond was the one that had been wiped out by the virus, not that which had been wiped out by Monarch's blast.

I mean, yeah, they are the same Universe, but that explains why there are buildings and stuff even though Monarch destroyed pretty much everything.

God Cloth Seiya
GASBP wins hard.

iceman24567
Prime

JuggernautMania
Prime stomps hard.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hulk wins in a good fight

I don't recall ever seeing Naija troll, and, after watching the Battlezone he and Newjak had over World War Hulk versus World Breaker Hulk,
am inclined to give a LOT of weight to any comment he makes supporting Hulk in a fight.

carver9
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I don't recall ever seeing Naija troll, and, after watching the Battlezone he and Newjak had over World War Hulk versus World Breaker Hulk,
am inclined to give a LOT of weight to any comment he makes supporting Hulk in a fight.

thumb up

ShadowFyre
Being a Marvel fan and thinking Superman is the lamest character ever I have to go with Supes. I just can't get past the fact that someone whose one and only attack is to punch things can beat someone who has a plethora of other abilities and outclasses them in everything except strength and durability and those are probably a wash anyway.

carver9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Being a Marvel fan and thinking Superman is the lamest character ever I have to go with Supes. I just can't get past the fact that someone whose one and only attack is to punch things can beat someone who has a plethora of other abilities and outclasses them in everything except strength and durability and those are probably a wash anyway.

How many wins would you give Surfer over Superman?

God Cloth Seiya
Carver don't change the subject. GASBP stomps hard.

carver9
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Carver don't change the subject. GASBP stomps hard.

Not changing the subject. His logic isn't so great.

Hulk destroys Prime.

God Cloth Seiya
Lol, no carver.

LordofBrooklyn
Not changing the subject. His logic isn't so great.

Hulk destroys Prime.

LIES!

Superboy Prime at default is enough to give Worldbreaker Hulk fits. With the Guardian Amp he smashes Banner with ease.

Speed hasn't been equalized here and there is no way for Worldbreaker Hulk to surmount that obstacle.

Stoic
When I read the HOTM arc, the Hulk, and Red She-Hulk had an in air collision that displaced an untold amount of real estate. Now what I am wondering, is how fast would two objects weighing roughly 3500 lbs combined, have to be traveling in order to displace planetary plus sized bodies? If speed equals mass, they would have had to been moving at light speed, or above light speed. Can someone chime in for clarification on this? To have survived this impact alone gives, or gave the reader an idea of exactly how durable, and strong the Hulk's body is, and was at the time of this story.

I think Prime would have his hands full, and I have a hard time understanding anyone calling this a stomp for either character. From what i read from many posters, the best argument mustered was used to low ball, or ignore the hell out of either characters feats involved here. i guess this is the only way to prove that their super guy wins this. Is it enough? Not even close. I don't see either winning this. All that I can imagine is that the universe that the fight took place would be destroyed, and both would likely be incapacitated.

God Cloth Seiya
SBP would smash all hulks.

@stoic

You do realize SBP survived a universe busting blast right? Hulk has not.

Stoic

@stoic

You do realize that there was no amount given to the real estate that was displaced during an in air collision? Am I right? of course I am. You're reasons for Primes win are as baseless as the arguments for the Hulk's win. You also realize that the Hulk wasn't even at his most powerful when the impact occurred. I read and saw how Prime beat GL's and Supermen, but no one took into account that the Hulk before even going into the Dark Dimension at a much less powerful level was beating the hell out of Wendigo amped 1000x his base level, and this was the Wendigo that fought against the Savage Hulk, and Sasquatch, and was not put down. Like I said he was 1000x greater than that Wendigo. The Hulk toyed with him, and Bi-Beast at 1000x their base levels. he wasn't even warmed up yet. I needed to fully emphasize what you are arguing against. i know how powerful GA prime was, but I don't think that it is enough to take a guy out on HOTM Hulk's level. Not when he wasn't ever said to be done growing in strength.

carver9

@stoic

Hyperion survived two universes exploding on him and regular Savage Hulk still busted his lip open with ease. I don't get your point.

Stoic
Hyperion survived two universes exploding on him and regular Savage Hulk still busted his lip open with ease. I don't get your point.

Don't you get it yet Carver? One feat was tossed out as being space cheese, and the other is touted as the real thing. The choice goes to whatever side is most liked. Prime punches through a dimensional barrier, but no one accounts for Betty (Red She Hulk) doing the same, or the Hulk doing so as well. Hell didn't Juggernaut pull off the same power stunt?

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Stoic
Hell didn't Juggernaut pull off the same power stunt?

Trion juggernaut not average.

Stoic
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
Trion juggernaut not average.

What about the regular old Hulk, and the regular old Red She Hulk? You know what many posters have said about this power stunt in the past? It was unquantifiable.

carver9
Don't you get it yet Carver? One feat was tossed out as being space cheese, and the other is touted as the real thing. The choice goes to whatever side is most liked. Prime punches through a dimensional barrier, but no one accounts for Betty (Red She Hulk) doing the same, or the Hulk doing so as well. Hell didn't Juggernaut pull off the same power stunt?

Yeah, Trion did. Prime didn't punch through dimensional barriers though. He was in a room filled with time and punched the walls which controlled time itself. Him destroying it with his fist caused a shift in time, basically messed up everything. Crazy thing is, Prime conned old Supes into doing the same thing and even though he struggle to bust through the wall like Prime did, he succeeded. Scans on the way.

carver9
Just for giggles...Red She Hulk punching her way back into 616 dimension.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14067115
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14067120
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14067128

Stoic
Yeah, Trion did. Prime didn't punch through dimensional barriers though. He was in a room filled with time and punched the walls which controlled time itself. Him destroying it with his fist caused a shift in time, basically messed up everything. Crazy thing is, Prime conned old Supes into doing the same thing and even though he struggle to bust through the wall like Prime did, he succeeded. Scans on the way.

None needed if you are trying to prove this to me. I have the comic that the retcon punch appeared in. Didn't the Hulk recently pull off a similar stunt?

JuggernautMania

i think he means GA Prime breaking the barriers of different dimensions including the 5 IMP one and traveling between them with punching power.

Stoic
i think he means GA Prime breaking the barriers of different dimensions including the 5 IMP one and traveling between them with punching power.

Exactly.

carver9
Prime punching the wall.

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media/Realityalterpunch2.jpg.html

Doing it again.

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media/notstupid6.jpg.html
http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media-full//notstupid7.jpg.html

Here is Luthor confirming it.

"Every time you hit the barrier, something changed".

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media-full//alexconfirms4.jpg.html

Nice strength ft for Prime but he did not alter reality out of thin air.

carver9

Aaaahhh, ok, he did do that. A waste of scans.

carver9
None needed if you are trying to prove this to me. I have the comic that the retcon punch appeared in. Didn't the Hulk recently pull off a similar stunt?

It's different. Hulk punched at the air to pull his stunt.

SquallX
It's different. Hulk punched at the air to pull his stunt.

And Prime did the same when he captured Mxy.

Stoic
Originally posted by SquallX
And Prime did the same when he captured Mxy.

No Carver was mixed up with Prime's' retcon punch feat, and forgot about his dimensional barrier piercing feat. However, as I stated the Hulk has pulled off both of these power stunt feats as well, Red She Hulk pierced a dimensional barrier too though. Take note on this last point. Neither Red She Hulk, or the Hulk that pulled these stunts were at HOTM levels of power.

God Cloth Seiya
However they cannot gain enough power to beat SBP before he bears them.

Stoic
However they cannot gain enough power to beat SBP before he bears them.

How familiar are you with HOTM Hulk?

Golgo13
I can see Hulk winning against SBP, but not against this Prime.

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13
I can see Hulk winning against SBP, but not against this Prime.

I agree with the first part, but I don't see GA SBP or HOTM Hulk winning this. Both were enormously powerful.

Golgo13
I agree with the first part, but I don't see GA SBP or HOTM Hulk winning this. Both were enormously powerful.

Against who?

Stoic
Against who?

Is that a trick question? We both know who they fought against. Just because SBP was able to take hits from Mordru does not mean that he would be successful against the Hulk at this level. Mordru, and the other characters that SBP fought did not have the same power set that the Hulk has. Even though he could not use power blasts or truly fly, does not take away from how powerful he was. if this does not answer your question, please elaborate.

Golgo13
Is that a trick question? We both know who they fought against. Just because SBP was able to take hits from Mordru does not mean that he would be successful against the Hulk at this level. Mordru, and the other characters that SBP fought did not have the same power set that the Hulk has. Even though he could not use power blasts or truly fly, does not take away from how powerful he was. if this does not answer your question, please elaborate.

You said you don't see GA Prime OR HOTM Hulk winning. That's the fight at hand. I see Superman PRIME winning against HOTM Hulk. Plus, the whole Mordru thing happened pre-Superman Prime, right?

Stoic
You said you don't see GA Prime OR HOTM Hulk winning. That's the fight at hand. I see Superman PRIME winning against HOTM Hulk. Plus, the whole Mordru thing happened pre-Superman Prime, right?

And I don't see either of them pulling a majority. Neither showed anything that suggests either could pull a majority based on the power stunts displayed on panel. It comes down to preference here, and many posters chiming in seem to have conveniently forgotten what happened on panel, or simply failed to mention the best feats from both parties. Low balls were flung in an attempt to dismiss feats as well. Failing to acknowledge a Hulk far less powerful than he was in the Dark Dimension was also something that I took note of. He was easily able to toy with Wendigo, and Bi beast written to be 1000x more powerful than their base levels. When he was in the Dark Dimension he was more powerful than that, by a considerable amount.

I have yet to understand why you believe that prime would win, because I see no evidence to support the claim. HOTM Hulk had no low moments that I can recall. So where do people see a chink in his armor to support Prime's win here?

Golgo13
And I don't see either of them pulling a majority. Neither showed anything that suggests either could pull a majority based on the power stunts displayed on panel. It comes down to preference here, and many posters chiming in seem to have conveniently forgotten what happened on panel, or simply failed to mention the best feats from both parties. Low balls were flung in an attempt to dismiss feats as well. Failing to acknowledge a Hulk far less powerful than he was in the Dark Dimension was also something that I took note of. He was easily able to toy with Wendigo, and Bi beast written to be 1000x more powerful than their base levels. When he was in the Dark Dimension he was more powerful than that, by a considerable amount.

I have yet to understand why you believe that prime would win, because I see no evidence to support the claim. HOTM Hulk had no low moments that I can recall. So where do people see a chink in his armor to support Prime's win here?

Oooh, I see what you meant. Sorry. Overall, I agree. But if I had to choose, I'll choose the guy who withstood a universal blast.

Stoic
Oooh, I see what you meant. Sorry. Overall, I agree. But if I had to choose, I'll choose the guy who withstood a universal blast.

and that is because you were impressed by the durability feat, even though it put Prime out on his duff. This does not mean that the Hulk would not have survived such a blast at this level. Like I pointed out, he was capable of displacing real estate on a scale above planetary bodies, by simply colliding in air with a similar creature (his Wife). This wasn't even him at max. They never even gave a max in that story arc. This means that he simply had no poor showings to lend power to Prime claiming a majority here. People will claim that Prime moved so much faster, while I would say that in air, Prime simply was more maneuverable. I asked a question earlier. How fast would two objects of approximately 3,500 lbs combined have to be moving to displace planetary bodies plus, if we take the theory of speed equaling mass into consideration? I would love for the people that are great with math to chime in on this, and give a theory on it. these guys were moving. To add to it, due to their relative close proximity at launch, the tork that was generated by their legs alone to cause that kind of destruction, had to have been immense.

quanchi112
Oooh, I see what you meant. Sorry. Overall, I agree. But if I had to choose, I'll choose the guy who withstood a universal blast. Can you prove that ?

Prof. T.C McAbe
No Contest, Hulk is out of his league, Prime 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
No Contest, Hulk is out of his league, Prime 10/10 Based on ?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
No Contest, Hulk is out of his league, Prime 10/10

Basically. wink

h1a8
Let me see.
1. CIS off = Prime fighting at many times the speed of light causing Hulk to be a statue.
2. GA amp
3. Universe destruction durability
4. Strength that rivals WBH's strength (solar system creating strength)

How is this not spite?
A slugfest would be a better thread.

JuggernautMania
Lol i just love how everybody believe thanos can beat WBH but at the same time believe WBH will beat Prime. if anything Prime is a much much worse fight for WBH than Thanos. his speed and strength is too much of a factor while thanos may have more energy manipulation once WBH will close the distance thanos is broken. prime on the other hand will dominate WBH both with distance and in uo close combat. prime has too much of insane fighting feats for WBH.

LordofBrooklyn
and that is because you were impressed by the durability feat, even though it put Prime out on his duff. This does not mean that the Hulk would not have survived such a blast at this level. Like I pointed out, he was capable of displacing real estate on a scale above planetary bodies, by simply colliding in air with a similar creature (his Wife). This wasn't even him at max. They never even gave a max in that story arc. This means that he simply had no poor showings to lend power to Prime claiming a majority here. People will claim that Prime moved so much faster, while I would say that in air, Prime simply was more maneuverable. I asked a question earlier. How fast would two objects of approximately 3,500 lbs combined have to be moving to displace planetary bodies plus, if we take the theory of speed equaling mass into consideration? I would love for the people that are great with math to chime in on this, and give a theory on it. these guys were moving. To add to it, due to their relative close proximity at launch, the tork that was generated by their legs alone to cause that kind of destruction, had to have been immense.

How do you know The Worldbreaker wasn't at his limit at the end of HOTM?

h1a8
and that is because you were impressed by the durability feat, even though it put Prime out on his duff. This does not mean that the Hulk would not have survived such a blast at this level. Like I pointed out, he was capable of displacing real estate on a scale above planetary bodies, by simply colliding in air with a similar creature (his Wife). This wasn't even him at max. They never even gave a max in that story arc. This means that he simply had no poor showings to lend power to Prime claiming a majority here. People will claim that Prime moved so much faster, while I would say that in air, Prime simply was more maneuverable. I asked a question earlier. How fast would two objects of approximately 3,500 lbs combined have to be moving to displace planetary bodies plus, if we take the theory of speed equaling mass into consideration? I would love for the people that are great with math to chime in on this, and give a theory on it. these guys were moving. To add to it, due to their relative close proximity at launch, the tork that was generated by their legs alone to cause that kind of destruction, had to have been immense. IMO I think that was the limit of Hulk. He completely let go everything he had. No more fear of killing, no more holding back. Pak wanted to show what Hulk is capable of when he completely let go and that's what he did.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by h1a8
IMO I think that was the limit of Hulk. He completely let go everything he had. No more fear of killing, no more holding back. Pak wanted to show what Hulk is capable of when he completely let go and that's what he did.

This makes sense.

Pak was determined to give us the definitive Hulk in terms of power.

Why would he leave anything in reserve at the culmination of his saga?

MarvelMan02
Hulk

Sin I AM
Are we allowed to use cheese feats like retcon punches and breaking dimensional barriers in forum matches? They aren't quantifiable

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Are we allowed to use cheese feats like retcon punches and breaking dimensional barriers in forum matches? They aren't quantifiable

You can use them for the members of the House of El as they are definitive.

Sin I AM

Meh the house of el will always kneel before Odin

Damborgson

If you're trying to seduce me that's the way to do it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Damborgson
If you're trying to seduce me that's the way to do it.

Was jus about to pm u. Who do u think would be a good match comic wise for narutu?

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
IMO I think that was the limit of Hulk. He completely let go everything he had. No more fear of killing, no more holding back. Pak wanted to show what Hulk is capable of when he completely let go and that's what he did.

That's all it is though, your opinion, but there was no max mentioned, he probably has one, but we didn't see it when he was in the Dark Dimension.

Thank you for proving my point for me.

Stoic
How do you know The Worldbreaker wasn't at his limit at the end of HOTM?

None was ever mentioned, and he had gotten even more powerful towards the end, than he was when the collision occurred. An example of his incredible durability was not being cut in two by a sword made in Asgard, and enchanted by Odin himself, he also showed how much more powerful his healing factor had become by healing up almost as soon as the sword cut him, and this was in the hands of a being that was on his level the entire battle due to the Wishing Well's enchantment. She probably could have cut a world in two with ease while at that strength level. Like I said, I don't see anything to prove that either of these guys would claim a majority here. I think they'd beat each other to death.

bluewaterrider

Let's get one thing out of the way early:

If you're a Hulk supporter, and want him to win regardless of considerations, it's to your advantage to consider Hulk having something in reserve, as Pr. might say, to apply a "no limits fallacy".

But ... what if the facts suggest Hulk WAS holding back?

Refer to Hulk #635. And someone please post the scans that corroborate this if you get the chance.

Fearing Tyrannus taking over the globe with the aid of Fin Fang Foom and a gamma level event taking out a Southwestern state of the U.S., Doctor Strange and allies open a portal to Umar's mystically reforming Dark Dimension.

Umar is able to halt Hulk and Betty by merely speaking to them and giving them the target of Foom (the Dragon) himself, appearing on the other side of the portal.

Foom launches a barrage of missiles that strike Hulk and Betty.
But ... the missiles are gamma missiles. They not only prove harmless, they INCREASE the size, and presumably the strength of Hulk and Betty.
They grow to titanic proportions.

They then proceed to STOMP Fin Fang Foom, huge dragon though he is, because he is now, relative to them, the size of a dog or large housecat. Either Doctor Strange or one of Strange's allies then screams at the giant Hulks to stop, THAT THEY ARE NOT IN THE DARK DIMENSION ANYMORE, and will risk destroying the Earth if they persist much longer in battle.
------------------------------------------------------

So ... what of this?

Recall now that at the end of Greg Pak's original World War Hulk run, a single STEP from ordinary-sized Hulk, caused tremors that registered on the Richter Scale.

Hulk's power is fueled by rage and gamma energy.

What conclusion do you draw if Hulk,
pulled from the midst of battle in the Dark Dimension,
still thinking he is IN the Dark Dimension
(where he can cut loose without fear of harming innocents),

GROWN 10 TIMES LARGER THAN HE NORMALLY IS (due to Fooms gamma missiles)
actively STOMPS something tractor sized (the Dragon Fin Fang Foom himself),
yet less damage is done to the area than when he merely took a step forward?

Sin I AM
God I hate Pak. He totally destroyed a good character. Peter David is the best hulk writer ever

bluewaterrider

If you're a Hulk supporter, and want him to win regardless of considerations, it's to your advantage to consider Hulk having something in reserve, as Pr. might say, to apply a "no limits fallacy".

Refer to Hulk #635. And someone please post the scans that corroborate this if you get the chance.

Fearing Tyrannus taking over the globe with the aid of Fin Fang Foom and a gamma level event taking out a Southwestern state of the U.S., Doctor Strange and allies open a portal to Umar's mystically reforming Dark Dimension.

Umar is able to halt Hulk and Betty by merely speaking to them and giving them the target of Foom (the Dragon) himself, appearing on the other side of the portal.

But ... the missiles are gamma missiles. They not only prove harmless, they INCREASE the size, and presumably the strength, of Hulk and Betty.

They then proceed to STOMP Fin Fang Foom, huge dragon though he is, because he is now, relative to them, the size of a dog or large housecat. Either Doctor Strange or one of Strange's allies then screams at the giant Hulks to stop, THAT THEY ARE NOT IN THE DARK DIMENSION ANYMORE, and will risk destroying the Earth if they persist much longer in battle.

So ... what of this?

Recall now that at the end of Greg Pak's original World War Hulk run, a single STEP from ordinary-sized Hulk, caused tremors that registered on the Richter Scale.

LordofBrooklyn

Comments like these against the House of El can have the most DIRE of consequences!

Watch yourself!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

But ... the missiles are gamma missiles. They not only prove harmless, they INCREASE the size, and presumably the strength, of Hulk and Betty.

So ... what of this?

Respectfully, I attribute the disparity in the depiction of power to editorial oversight.

h1a8
That's all it is though, your opinion, but there was no max mentioned, he probably has one, but we didn't see it when he was in the Dark Dimension.

but you or someone claimed Hulk wasn't at his limit. This cannot be proven. Thus it can't be accepted. In fact it makes more sense that Hulk was at his limit given the narration that Hulk will unleash everything he has with no fear of killing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.