Krayt vs orbalisk Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Intrepid37
Seeing as Krayt is hyped to having the powers to stomp Dooku, we'll pair him up against Bane in Rule of Two with his orbalisks.

Takes place in the woods of Endor.

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

ares834
1. Bane
2. Bane probably
3. Bane

Intrepid37
Agreed.

steveholt956
So you created this thread because you thought Krayt was being overhyped against your beloved PT characters and you were mad and needed some kind of validation? Oh my. That IS amusing.

Intrepid37
I never said he was ''overhyped'', merely ''hyped'', thus I'd like to see if people thought he'd be taking orbalisk Bane.

steveholt956
Yup, that's what you did. That's why you immediately agreed with the person before you because it fit into your opinion and validation, and that is why you failed to provide anything more substantial than "agreed". You're pretty transparent.

Intrepid37
What, I can't make a topic for which I already know my own answer?

steveholt956
No, on this forum, making your own topic for which you already have an opinion and no arguments to back that opinion up, makes you sort of a tool.

Intrepid37
Bane reduces a drexl and its riders into ash with lightning:

Bane didn't take the time to revel in the fear of his fallen enemies. Before they even hit the ground he'd turned his attention to the third opponent, unleashing a storm of Sith lightning that reduced the riders to ash and the drexl into a hunk of charred and smoking flesh that dropped from the sky.

What has Krayt done in comparison?

Bane is so fast he looks to wield dozens of sabers:

She fell into a defensive posture as she so often had during their training sessions. But this was no drill, and her Master came at her with a speed and ferocity she had never faced before. Giving in to his orbalisk-fueled bloodrage, he was like a wild animal, raining savage blows down on her from all angles, the strikes coming so fast it seemed as if he wielded a dozen blades at the same time. Zannah fell into a full retreat, desperately giving ground beneath the overwhelming assault.

Bane disintegrates dozens of technobeasts:

Bane thrust out with the Force, and a dozen of the oncoming creatures exploded into dust and tiny flecks of small, twisted metal.

Bane disintegrates two more technobeasts:

That enemy vanquished, he used the Force to disintegrate two more advancing technobeasts, then felt something bump against his foot.

Bane's orbalisks allows him to be pure offense:

Had the Jedi enjoyed the same advantages Bane's orbalisk armor provided, their encounter would have ended long ago. Bane could shrug off otherwise lethal blows, forgoing all sense of personal safety in a reckless assault of pure offense to overwhelm her defenses.

What has Krayt in comparison?

steveholt956
Ah so because you already formulated an opinion, your next step is to take a feat from Character A, and then ask what Character B has done in comparison (by your own biased standards) to Character A? Too obvious.

ares834
Isn't that how we debate here? We compare feats and accolades...

steveholt956
Right but if I supposedly like Krayt more than Bane, I will start off with a Krayt feat, and then say "what has bane done in comparison", thereby shifting the burden of proof to the next guy. Not really a good tactic.

Intrepid37
I know Bane's capabilities. I was surprised at how many sided with Krayt in the other thread so I thought he'd match up with someone more powerful than Dooku.

steveholt956
There are very few people that can overcome Bane's orbalisks in a saber battle. However, Krayt's force abilities are a match for Bane's.

Intrepid37
I'd like for you to back that argument up.

Nephthys
I wouldn't go that far.

Intrepid37
^You think Bane wins?

steveholt956
It's hard to back up specifically because Krayt was far and away the most dominant figure in his era and his only loss goes to Cade "I suddenly have awesome abilities because I'm either Neo or a Skywalker" Skywalker. His overall force abilities seem to surpass Bane's, although Bane's force abilities are more combat specific. What he DOES have is what might give him a win in both saber and force abilities and that's illusions. I don't think Bane has faced anyone of Krayt's character in his era and his saber feats hyperbole notwithstanding (although very impressive would probably defeat Krayt), you haven't listed any feats that would be relevant against a powerful force user in a force battle.

Nephthys
Krayt himself didn't show much with illusions and Bane was able to resist Zannahs illusion in DoE so he'll probably resist Krayts. Bane did have Naga "create entire illusionary armies' Sadows holocron after all.

Banes TK and Lightning are more devastating than Krayts and he can overcome him in a Force battle. Furthermore thanks to his orbalisks he's protected from Krayt getting a hand on him for that technique of his.

ares834
Said technique should be more than capable of bursting apart the Orbalisks which will be nearly as fatal to Bane as if Krayt got his hand on Bane himself.

steveholt956
Krayt's lightning was devastating as well. As far as I remember, that should be enough to kill Bane's orbalisks, which would kill Bane.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys

Banes TK and Lightning are more devastating than Krayts and he can overcome him in a Force battle. Furthermore thanks to his orbalisks he's protected from Krayt getting a hand on him for that technique of his.

But, getting a hand on the orbalisks would work quite well, use dark transfer to kill them ^^

Krayt doesn't use TK much but he has blocked Cade's, which is pretty impressive. Also his energy absorption is on a level to absorb force-lightning bare handed, so he's got good defense against that too.

NewGuy01
Bane is probably more impressive in combative ability here, and combative Force Power, but I honestly give Krayt a chance as he can heal even fatal wounds from himself, and if he gets a hand on Bane, he'll kill the Orbalisks and poison Bane.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
Said technique should be more than capable of bursting apart the Orbalisks which will be nearly as fatal to Bane as if Krayt got his hand on Bane himself.

Debilitating perhaps, but Bane can destroy poisons in his body as shown in PoD. It was the lightning that really ****ed him up in RoT, rendering him unable to counteract the poisons. Imo he should be able to resist the deaths of the orbalisks if he was in command of his powers.

Originally posted by steveholt956
Krayt's lightning was devastating as well. As far as I remember, that should be enough to kill Bane's orbalisks, which would kill Bane.

It would have to get passed Bane's defenses first, and even then I doubt it. The orbalisks took the charge of 5 force pikes simultaneously, each one powerful enough to kill a Bantha. From what I've seen Krayts lightning has killed people, but he'd need more than that to outperform the above imo.

noitseuq
Originally posted by Nephthys
It would have to get passed Bane's defenses first, and even then I doubt it. The orbalisks took the charge of 5 force pikes simultaneously, each one powerful enough to kill a Bantha.

Neph gets it.

I've never understood why people have always overlooked the fact that the orbalisks provide additional protection against Force Lightning, as well as miraculously forgetting that Bane is fully capable of defending against it with his lightsaber or Force Shield before it even touches the orbalisks. The truth is that Bane is in many ways uniquely conditioned against the harmful effects of electricity (he has what is I believe the single greatest feat of defense against Force Lightning on top of armor that provides additional protection) and people continue to argue that it's some kind of weakness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.