Arrested for scarcastic killing comments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackZero30x
http://kotaku.com/anonymous-person-posts-500k-bail-for-jailed-league-of-747529192?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Wow. So stupid that this kid was jailed in the first place. Cool someone posted his bail!

Symmetric Chaos
Sounds like an *******. Let him rot.

Astner
Juridically it was a terroristic threat. It's ridiculous how some people don't realize that Facebook is an open forum where you're held responsible for what you write.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Astner
Juridically it was a terroristic threat. It's ridiculous how some people don't realize that Facebook is an open forum where you're held responsible for what you write.
Even if the words "lol jk" follow it?

If obvious sarcasm (however in poor taste it might be) is grounds for arrest, then there's reason to be unnerved by this.

BlackZero30x
@Symmetric Chaos: I agree it was a terrible thing to say but I don't think it should get him jail.

@Astner: It was an awful comment and something should have been said or done but not jail imo because it was not a threat. It was a simple sarcastic comment. He made a claim that at the least could have given the police cause to investigate and question him. Even a warrant to search his house if they really felt he was a threat but not arrested.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
@Symmetric Chaos: I agree it was a terrible thing to say but I don't think it should get him jail.

@Astner: It was an awful comment and something should have been said or done but not jail imo because it was not a threat. It was a simple sarcastic comment. He made a claim that at the least could have given the police cause to investigate and question him. Even a warrant to search his house if they really felt he was a threat but not arrested.

IMO, the issue isn't the arrest as much it is the four months in jail which is clearly going end with an exasperated judge letting him go.

BackFire
Resources well spent.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Astner

lol jk

Sheldon

Sheldon
Not a good idea to be saying such stuff towards a school given what happened recently. Maybe we should be aware that thoughts are things.

Bardock42
They are always sarcastic, until somebody loses a life.

Lord Lucien
Namely this kid.

focus4chumps
welcome to 'murica

juggerman
Originally posted by Bardock42
They are always sarcastic, until somebody loses a life.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Namely this kid.

thumb up

Mindset
Give him the chair.

lol jk

Lethal injection.

CovenantBrute
Welcome to the ultra sensitive society of 2013, where even an obvious joke gets turned into this. It's reasons like this I have no hope for humanity due to their incessant stupidity. At the same time, the guy should have known what kind of sensitive society we live in and just stop typing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.