Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
If you were to measure how many Hercs these guys below are, how many Hercs would they weigh in as? Let me make it very clear so that no one gets it wrong. When I say Hercs I do not mean individual Hercs, but one composite being with multipliers of 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x...Etc... 100x, 40x etc...etc.

There are no implications involved with the order as it is not a gauntlet.

Thanos
Despero
HP Doomsday
Tyrant
Orion
Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer
Zeus

Again the question is; how man multipliers of Hercs within one being, would it take to physically overcome these guys individually (as in one on one)?

carver9
Thanos 2 Hercs, probably none
Despero 1 Herc
HP Doomsday 1 Herc
Tyrant 5 Hercs
Orion 1 Herc
Thor 1 Herc
Superman 1 Herc
Silver Surfer 1 Herc
Zeus 5 Hercs

xJLxKing
Well they all above him lol

Cogito
Thanos: Several, depends on the version
Despero: At least 2-3, maybe more depending on version
HP Doomsday: 3-4
Tyrant: Don't know
Orion: 2
Thor: 2
Superman: 2
Silver Surfer: 1
Zeus: A lot

Raisen
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos 2 Hercs, probably none
Despero 1 Herc
HP Doomsday 1 Herc
Tyrant 5 Hercs
Orion 1 Herc
Thor 1 Herc
Superman 1 Herc
Silver Surfer 1 Herc
Zeus 5 Hercs

No way Carv.

Thanos=5 Hercs
Despero=2 Hercs
HP Doomsday=2 Hercs
Tyrant=12 Hercs
Orion=1.5 Hercs
Thor=1 Herc
Superman=1.5 Hercs
Silver Surfer=1 Herc
Zeus=10 Hercs

carver9
Originally posted by Raisen
No way Carv.

Thanos=5 Hercs
Despero=2 Hercs
HP Doomsday=2 Hercs
Tyrant=12 Hercs
Orion=1.5 Hercs
Thor=1 Herc
Superman=1.5 Hercs
Silver Surfer=1 Herc
Zeus=10 Hercs

I can agree with this. Herc have some of the best fts when it comes to strength though so its arguable if a lot of people here are stronger than him.

Raisen
I can agree with this. Herc have some of the best fts when it comes to strength though so its arguable if a lot of people here are stronger than him.
but it's not just about strength, it's about overcoming. some of these guys have major damage soak. Surfer is my fav next to Hulk, but he can be taken out by one herc if surfer doesn't have a chance to amp. Guys like Thanos, Tyrant, and Zeus have incredible durability and damage soak.

carver9
Originally posted by Raisen
but it's not just about strength, it's about overcoming. some of these guys have major damage soak. Surfer is my fav next to Hulk, but he can be taken out by one herc if surfer doesn't have a chance to amp. Guys like Thanos, Tyrant, and Zeus have incredible durability and damage soak.

I think this thread is about strength though, not overall power.

Raisen
I think this thread is about strength though, not overall power.
it's about how many hercs it would take to physically overpower the other. that has to due with durability and damage soak also

Diesldude
Since Herc's liver withstood a force of 133 hercs, does that make him greater than all in this thread?

carver9
Why not? Fing Fang from what Naija said was 17.5 Hercs when he got his amp and WWH killed him with a thunder clap and one punched him as well. Pak overpowered the hell out of Hulk. I didn't even know about all that until Rage brought it to my attention.

psycho gundam
anyone have that breakdown by cho as to how he developed that herc scale? can't remember which issue he explained it in

Naija boy
The actual quantifiable Herc scale I think only applied to mystical/magical beings and/or mystical/magical energy. Also it was a energy per blow/ per attack scale and not simply a measurement of how many hercules' it takes to equal a particular character. Still it uses the maximum amount of energy Hercules could expend per blow as its base unit so I guess rough estimates could be made for these characters despite some of them not being mystical.

That being said barring the likes of Tyrant and Zeus, no one else in that list should be anywhere above (and most not even near) 10 hercs and that's being generous.

carver9
10 is being too generous. TOO generous.

ODG
I don't believe that the Herc unit is as huge as you guys think. "The maximum amount of energy Hercules could expend in one blow" is supposedly a measurement of his best punch.

But I don't believe that is a measurement of a punch that would expend all of Hercules' energy and leave him exhausted to the point of lifelessness. It's just the energy produced as a result of his best punch. Which means, Hercules himself has more than plenty of Hercs inside of him.

Granted, eating and digesting the equivalent of 133 full-force Hercules punches is still a tremendous feat. But it would be a bastardization to suggest he ate the equivalent of 133 Hercules characters.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by ODG
I don't believe that the Herc unit is as huge as you guys think. "The maximum amount of energy Hercules could expend in one blow" is supposedly a measurement of his best punch.

But I don't believe that is a measurement of a punch that would expend all of Hercules' energy and leave him exhausted to the point of lifelessness. It's just the energy produced as a result of his best punch. Which means, Hercules himself has more than plenty of Hercs inside of him.

Granted, eating and digesting the equivalent of 133 full-force Hercules punches is still a tremendous feat. But it would be a bastardization to suggest he ate the equivalent of 133 Hercules characters.

thumb up

Diesldude
Originally posted by ODG

Is it 133 full force punches? or is it 133 x the force of Hercules best punch? To survive the former is a great feat, but the latter is simply stupendous, which is probably the how it was measured.

Endless Mike
3.7 * 10^956

ODG
Originally posted by Diesldude
Is it 133 full force punches? or is it 133 x the force of Hercules best punch? To survive the former is a great feat, but the latter is simply stupendous, which is probably the how it was measured. I clumsily equated the two in my explanation, but I understand the distinction you're making. It's more the latter than the former.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.