Hulk Vs Speedblitz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
I'll admit that I am a Hulk fan, but the last comics I read are WWH and Worldbreaker.

I do know a lot of people seem to believe that someone like Superman could just speedblitz hulk very easily.

I think this is a strong possibility.

Does anyone know of any comics that I can read that shows Hulk getting beat badly due to a Speed Blitz?

I am just looking for new stuff to read.

I do know he fought the Sentry and Glads.
Sentry seem to be moving pretty fast, but not light speeds I believe.

Glads I don't even think tried to speed blitz Hulk at all.

I could be wrong though.

SouthSpawn
Anyone lol.

dynamix
i don't think anybody has fought Hulk using speed blitz. I think writers chose to go this route because it would be a pretty boring fight (in terms of a Hulk fight) lol.

TheHulk
Well....you could count Hulk tagging Quicksilver....but no people would just call it PIS.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheHulk
Well....you could count Hulk tagging Quicksilver....but no people would just call it PIS.

Cause it is

janus77
Who calls it PIS?
It's a legitimate and pretty LOW-end feat for Hulk.

He usually tags heralds. There are too many examples of Hulk being fast enough to react to / counter-act / attack FTL level heralds for it to be anything but simply part of his powerset.

Also, makes perfect sense that he would have the power to move that fast, given that he weights nothing relative to the power of his arms and legs. It's like having the muscles of a horse and the body weight of a grain of sand or something.

TheHulk

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Cause it is See what i mean wink

TheHulk
Originally posted by janus77
Who calls it PIS?
It's a legitimate and pretty LOW-end feat for Hulk. laughing

Who He usually tags heralds. There are too many examples of Hulk being fast enough to react to / counter-act / attack FTL level heralds for it to be anything but simply part of his powerset. I don't agree a little.

Who Also, makes perfect sense that he would have the power to move that fast, given that he weights nothing relative to the power of his arms and legs. It's like having the muscles of a horse and the body weight of a grain of sand or something. This i agree thumb up

snowdragon
He usually tags heralds. There are too many examples of Hulk being fast enough to react to / counter-act / attack FTL level heralds for it to be anything but simply part of his powerset.

Also, makes perfect sense that he would have the power to move that fast, given that he weights nothing relative to the power of his arms and legs. It's like having the muscles of a horse and the body weight of a grain of sand or something.

I'm sorry but the heralds he fights aren't fighting him at FTL speeds, just because a character can go that fast doesn't mean they fight him that fast (and they dont.)

Even with your analogy of power to arms and legs he doesn't have enough power to move ftl he never has, the muscles of a horse and the weight of a grain of sand still wouldn't make him ftl.

Hulk has stamina and strength in bounds thats his thing but reactions and speed aren't, unless you think Wolverine who tags him all the time is now FTL?

carver9
Hulk has blitzed Airwalker before...he didn't even have the time to react.

dmills
Speed Freak... Merged hulk.

But he's on the low end of the "speedster scale" so I'm not sure if he fits your criteria.

Someone with true hypersonic plus speed and/or microsecond or better reaction feats should be all but impossible for him to hit.

CosmicComet
You cannot have super speed reactions without having super speed.

It's like saying your muscles move orders of magnitude faster than your own muscles. Illogical nonsense that falls apart when you think about it.

So no, Hulk cannot react to anyone that perceives and moves on a significantly faster level than he does.

psycho gundam
hulk wins

TheHulk
Originally posted by CosmicComet
You cannot have super speed reactions without having super speed.

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/7/7b/Deathstroke.jpg

Endless Mike
It's absolutely possible to have super speed reactions without the movement speed to accompany them, a Jedi in Star Wars can run at around 40 mph tops using Force Speed but they can react to and deflect projectiles moving at hypersonic speeds or faster. In the ROTS novelization Obi-Wan was able to deflect blasts from 10,000 droids at once, and it said he moved his lightsaber so fast it looked like a solid dome of light around him.

But enough about SW, there's a comic where this robot is blitzing Northstar and Nova all over the place, they can barely even perceive it, but the Hulk (Professor Hulk) comes in and not only tags it easily but crushes it in one blow.

Also in the more recent run the Huk was observing Banner's flesh being melted off by the explosion of the gamma bomb, which would take a tiny fraction of a second since they were right near the blast, yet he was describing it as if it was happening in slow motion.

Hulk has super speed reactions, this is undeniable. Not that they're enough to beat Superman and other such characters, though.

tkitna
When it comes to the Hulk, writers dumb down the fast characters or it would be pretty boring as said before.

abhilegend
The problem is that in marvel there are almost no speedster even approaching the strength level of hulk to beat him. Heck there was a time when hulk was travelling faster than the officially fastest guy on earth, quicksilver.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Endless Mike
It's absolutely possible to have super speed reactions without the movement speed to accompany them, a Jedi in Star Wars can run at around 40 mph tops using Force Speed but they can react to and deflect projectiles moving at hypersonic speeds or faster. In the ROTS novelization Obi-Wan was able to deflect blasts from 10,000 droids at once, and it said he moved his lightsaber so fast it looked like a solid dome of light around him.

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE logically. Reaction speed is half based on how fast your muscles move and half based on how fast you perceive a stimulus.

It doesn't matter if some fictions don't know any better and create a nonsensical trope accidentally.

Hypersonic reactions, yet slower than a cheetah. Think about that implication. Obi Wan's arms move thousands and thousands of times faster than his legs eh? So if there was a time dilation in place where hypersonic speed would look like normal speed, then you mean to say Obi Wan's arms would look like their moving at normal speed yet his legs would be seemingly frozen in spot, correct? No? That's right. No. Because that means his legs would be useless in a fight and he'd never do anything other than stay in one spot for duels because his own legs would be too slow for him to even perceive that they are even moving. If his legs are able to move during that time dilation then it instantly contradicts the stupid 40 mph stat. If he can fully stretch his arm in the time frame of say a 100 microseconds (just a rough guesstimate) and he can take a step with his feet during the same time frame (the same way any normal person can take a step forward in the same time frame it takes to throw a punch) then his movement speed is ALREADY immensely faster than 40 mph. All he has to do is keep taking steps and before one real time second has passed, he'll have already crossed miles.

Unless a writer specifically lays out the claim that X can 'react' this fast and only 'move' Y fast (which is still retarded because reacting IS moving), then one of the two situations it creates is simple PIS. You have to discard one or the other.

As for Hulk, has super speed reaction of course, because he has some degree of super speed, but his super speed reactions cannot greatly exceed his running speed. At best two or three times better.

Philosophía
Generally, reaction time and movement speed are proportional (in comics it's basically a given that if a guy runs faster than another, then he is also 'faster' in every other way with a few exceptions).

And it's only logical. If you think much faster than your body is able to move, then you're basically seeing in slow motion how somebody punches you and you're like "here it comes...a few moments more...I wonder how it will feel?".

If you move much faster than you think, basically your arms will flay around at speeds that you can't coordonate. Maybe you'll hit yourself by mistake.

CosmicComet

Villelater
The Hulk has been hit by a bunch of people(at the same time) with Hulk-like strength and wasn't knocked out therefor Hulk can deal with one...as for lower characters dodging the Hulk it is done because they are Star Characters not because he is Slow

Aakla
The Hulk get stronger the angrier he gets. if he is calm and just hanging out at a coffee shop and superman blitzes him then the Hulk is dead. Its like when Juggs jumped hulk from out of the bushes, grabbed him in a headlock and beat the Hulk unconscious. its because the Hulk was in a calm state.

If the Hulk was in nuts mode then I don't think a blitz would work, but if he was calm then yes a blitz would kill him.

SouthSpawn
Why are we using logic when it comes to comics lol.
Comics are not logically.

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE logically. Reaction speed is half based on how fast your muscles move and half based on how fast you perceive a stimulus.

It doesn't matter if some fictions don't know any better and create a nonsensical trope accidentally.

Hypersonic reactions, yet slower than a cheetah. Think about that implication. Obi Wan's arms move thousands and thousands of times faster than his legs eh? So if there was a time dilation in place where hypersonic speed would look like normal speed, then you mean to say Obi Wan's arms would look like their moving at normal speed yet his legs would be seemingly frozen in spot, correct? No? That's right. No. Because that means his legs would be useless in a fight and he'd never do anything other than stay in one spot for duels because his own legs would be too slow for him to even perceive that they are even moving. If his legs are able to move during that time dilation then it instantly contradicts the stupid 40 mph stat. If he can fully stretch his arm in the time frame of say a 100 microseconds (just a rough guesstimate) and he can take a step with his feet during the same time frame (the same way any normal person can take a step forward in the same time frame it takes to throw a punch) then his movement speed is ALREADY immensely faster than 40 mph. All he has to do is keep taking steps and before one real time second has passed, he'll have already crossed miles.

Unless a writer specifically lays out the claim that X can 'react' this fast and only 'move' Y fast (which is still retarded because reacting IS moving), then one of the two situations it creates is simple PIS. You have to discard one or the other.

As for Hulk, has super speed reaction of course, because he has some degree of super speed, but his super speed reactions cannot greatly exceed his running speed. At best two or three times better.

pym-ftw
Ok I'm about to disprove CosmicComet's post

I can catch a baseball thrown fairly fast, and humans can react and catch arrows

No one ever out ran either of these things

That said, I get your basis, but people argue the opposite all the time....

snowdragon
Originally posted by pym-ftw

I can catch a baseball thrown fairly fast, and humans can react and catch arrows

True you can hit an 80 mph fast ball but lazers and run 40 mph? See the difference there, its pretty huge.

TheHulk

But enough about SW, there's a comic where this robot is blitzing Northstar and Nova all over the place, they can barely even perceive it, but the Hulk (Professor Hulk) comes in and not only tags it easily but crushes it in one blow.

Also in the more recent run the Huk was observing Banner's flesh being melted off by the explosion of the gamma bomb, which would take a tiny fraction of a second since they were right near the blast, yet he was describing it as if it was happening in slow motion.

Hulk has super speed reactions, this is undeniable. Not that they're enough to beat Superman and other such characters, though. This

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by snowdragon
True you can hit an 80 mph fast ball but lasers and run 40 mph? See the difference there, its pretty huge.

sad

I can't run 40 miles per hour. Why can you guys?

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
sad

Lol

Endless Mike
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
sad

Force Speed. cool

CosmicComet

Um. No.

You're not even remotely on any kind of track here. At all.

You can throw a baseball at a particular speed because after the wind up, your very finger tips are moving at the same speed as the baseball. The baseball's speed has to come from you. Going down the rest of your body though at the very conclusion of the wind up, its going immensely slower. Your fist is not moving anywhere near as fast as your finger tips for example during that pitch. Functionally, its a pretty meaningless statistic.

Humans cannot react to or catch arrows unless they are shot from far enough away and are anticipated, i.e. aim dodging is required. How fast can good bows shoot arrows? Like 300 feet per second yes? How fast is that? That's right, 200+ mph. You cannot remotely move your arms or your legs at that speed.

Here's what reaction time means; its very simple. How quickly you can react. We're using the word "Quick", as in, a passage of time. An average human reaction time is 1/5 - 1/4 of a second. So for an average person to be able to react to an arrow, first he has to have good vision/hand-eye-coordination, and secondly the arrow has to be fired from a 1/4 of a second distance or greater away. It has nothing to do with being equal speed to an arrow. That's physically impossible.

A good sprinter can be expected to run at 25 mph, a good boxer can be expected to punch at like 30 mph. Not even remotely a big difference. In the time it takes you to throw a punch, you can also take a step forward with your feet. Why? Because your limb speeds are proportional. Simple as that. Your reaction time depends heavily on how fast your actual muscles can move, of course it also depends on how fast you think in order to send a signal to your muscles to move in the first place. *Side note, only tangentially related, kicks can be significantly faster than punches, but they aren't as quick, because they have to travel a greater distance*

Moral of the story; your 'reaction speed' (which most people seem to mean upper body speed when they say this) is never going to be significantly greater than how fast you can move. Let alone thousands to millions of times greater as some people would have you believe, i.e. some characters supposedly being able to 'react' at lightspeed levels yet don't even exceed low meta running speeds. That kind of idea is laughable if you just take a moment to parse what the implications mean.

dmills
Please ya'll don't get this niqqa CC started about speed and reflexes lol.

pym-ftw
snip.
Ok, I'm lost on your actual point...

I don't want to have to say it, but the obvious answer is

COMIC Logic

We take a character like Spiderman, even without factoring in the SS, he is much slower (sustained movement) than his reflexes (burst movement) would suggest.

But once again people argue the opposite all the time.

That somehow
Moving speed >>> Reaction speed

CosmicComet
Ok, I'm lost on your actual point...

My actual point is very, very simple.

You can't have super speed reactions without super speed. The two are tied. And you can't have reactions that far exceed your actual physical speed, because, duh. That's like saying something as retarded as 'my muscles move faster than my muscles'.

Its idiotic shit. Just take a moment to think about it and you'll see what I mean.

Anything in which an immensely slower character tags a character that's rightfully hundreds, to thousands, let alone millions of times faster is sheer, PIS. A situation in which the writer wanted it to happen and the faster character is suddenly slowed down to produce what the plot needs. Would not happen in a CIS-less/PIS-less forum fight.

--Or are you of the belief that someone like Thor, has arms which move millions of times faster than his legs do?--The same legs which will never propel him at lightspeed in a race. The same legs that, if they were truly that much slower, would feel absolutely useless to Thor when he's in fight mode, as his own supposed reaction speed would make his foot speed seem so slow as to be frozen in spot. It's just a situation where people who don't have the cake they want (in this case, Super speed is the cake), still want a slice of it.

Don't bring up what people say. People are in general stupid, or at the very least, ignorant, and that's an appeal fallacy or what have you.

pym-ftw

On you first point. I get it now, but comics.... Street level guys dodge lasers all the time, but if they tag Flash is pis.

By feats that's the case. How does Thor fly Ftl if his reaction feats are significantly lower than that.

It's just a comics vs logic thing, and its far from the most incorrect thing to routinely happen.

Villelater
obsessed with Science but stuiped because he's too literal and forgets that Real-life and Fiction are very inconsistant because of constant writer switches and also a blitz hits with less force than power punches

dmills
@ pym... Fair warning bro, just stop now lol. I'd almost be willing to wager that CC has wrote a treatise on this very subject lol...

CosmicComet
On you first point. I get it now, but comics.... Street level guys dodge lasers all the time, but if they tag Flash is pis.

By feats that's the case. How does Thor fly Ftl if his reaction feats are significantly lower than that.

It's just a comics vs logic thing, and its far from the most incorrect thing to routinely happen.

Lazers at the street level are useless in comics. Its just a disposable trope that's not a feat at all. Yes, tagging Flash if you're not even close to a single percent of his speed is PIS. Because tagging him while he's aware requires that you're moving close to his level of speed, which obviously of course, they cannot by their own billing and their own separate speed feats.

Thor flies FTL because he's flying in a huge open vaccuum, and then there's hyperspace and all that other jazz added into the mix to make it muddy and vague. By itself, flying faster than light from point A to point B in space is not a viable reaction feat. Again, another completely dismissable trope. Even John Stewart in the Justice League Unlimited Cartoon could fly faster than light in space, yet he was slow as hell compared to Wally in the same show.

No, it is easily one of the worst cases of PIS in comics, (along with the common idea that someone is able to be ko'd via punches temporarily while having a regeneration ability that's good enough to heal them fully in seconds after being liquified) and is immediately dismissable on a forum.

NemeBro

Hulk has super speed reactions, this is undeniable. Not that they're enough to beat Superman and other such characters, though. To be fair though, Star Wars EU sucks monkey ass.

NemeBro
Comic book writers are stupid.

That is the correct answer to this thread.

I had a better grasp of science when I was 14 than most comic book writers have their whole lives.

h1a8
Who calls it PIS?
It's a legitimate and pretty LOW-end feat for Hulk.

Also, makes perfect sense that he would have the power to move that fast, given that he weights nothing relative to the power of his arms and legs. It's like having the muscles of a horse and the body weight of a grain of sand or something. What good is countering a herald when the herald doesn't use their speed?

Superman, Surfer, etc. has many times not used super speed at all.

Writer's neuter characters with speed against Hulk (and Juggs). Most bricks really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.