Northern Colorado wants to secede from Colorado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Will North Colorado become America's 51st state?

That's what some residents in the Centennial State are pushing for. Representatives from eight northern counties convened Monday, CBS Denver reports, to "begin mapping the boundaries for the new state they say will represent the interests of rural Colorado."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/news/northern-colorado-wants-secede-colorado-174432609.html

Oliver North
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Will North Colorado become America's 51st state?

not before Puerto Rico

COG Veteran
Yeah... secession won't happen. Here in Texas, both times when Obama won his seat everybody was all up in arms to secede. Then they'll do the same thing when a certain law (that doesn't fit fundamentalist ideals) passes. People like me have to remind my fired up friend that Texas among other states can't support itselt without funds from the government.

Raisen
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Yeah... secession won't happen. Here in Texas, both times when Obama won his seat everybody was all up in arms to secede. Then they'll do the same thing when a certain law (that doesn't fit fundamentalist ideals) passes. People like me have to remind my fired up friend that Texas among other states can't support itselt without funds from the government.

yep. if it didn't happen in texas, it won't happen in colorado

juggerman
Not really the same imo. They want to stay a part of the U.S. they just want to split the state. Seems more likely to me but i doubt it'll happen

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by juggerman
Not really the same imo. They want to stay a part of the U.S. they just want to split the state. Seems more likely to me but i doubt it'll happen

Well you've got N. and S. Dakota. We have other north and south u.s. states too.

Happened with them. Why can't it not happen with Colorado. They feel they're not as well represented as the southern part of the state in contrast to the contributions they've offered the state. Seems like a legit reason for the rally/cause/reason..

Archaeopteryx
This is all about the gun issue. They are rightfully upset about the states unconstitutional magazine capacity law but succession is a little extreme. This question has been raised numerous times in other states, didn't happen then and won't happen now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.