UltraMarines WarHammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadeSlayer15
Kinda cool anime movie

NemeBro
It's not anime though.

ShadeSlayer15
what is it cgi? or just a cgi movie series

ShadeSlayer15
it was pretty good

NemeBro
It was a CGI movie based off of the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop game, focusing on the titular Ultramarines chapter of Space Marines.

ShadeSlayer15
so like a game basically turned movie

ShadeSlayer15
it was dope are there more? and what about red line?

Emi~Kiro
Ultramarines are the basic marines and honestly sucky.
The movie is crap when compared to the actual 40k stuff.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

FYI it's english not Japanese. Brits can do grim dark science fiction like no one else and trust me the movie does nothing to reflect how hopeless and horrible the universe is in 40k. I Blame my husband every time I can for dragging me into this world of endless space war.

Look up the orks they are hilarious! Yes space orcs! most of their crap works purely due to the power of belief and makeshift equipment found dumpster diving.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Ultramarines are the basic marines and honestly sucky. Why?

ShadeSlayer15
yes why?

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why?

They are uninteresting and are all hype. They are the 'best' because they have the most survivors from the Horus Heresey (big space marine civil war type thing) and that's only because they were tricked into running halfway across the galaxy by the forces of chaos effectively removing them from most of the conflict. They abide by the rules of conduct so strictly that it's sickening and they lack the depth and flare of the other chapters... Salamanders wear green armor and are the only chapter i know who have black people. They specialize in flame weapons and have civalry toward humans (space marines are considered Demi-gods by normals) and actually prioritize their survival. Vulcan their leader is also badass. The space wolves are Vikings and ride giant wolves into battle but consider the wolves themselves brothers and are arguably the most loyal and vicious with their minor mutations (claws and fangs). Black Templar are strict and have more of a zealot flare while grey knights prioritize on killing daemon hordes and have specialized and fancy gear for it. Blood angles are specialized in highly mobile jump pack troops (rocket packs) and have awesome angelic iconography that translates to wings and halos part of or on their armor. They also suffer from a red rage of sorts where they relive the death of their primarch who was slain by his brother Horus, they experience the echo of his rage of betrayal and go berserker. White scars are the bikers of the lot and so on and so on. They are boring in comparison and when you look hard at their fluff (story stuff) they are just self important and keep to the safer parts of space as glorified guards opposed to the other smaller chapters. Hell the dark angels had their one infighting that they go to great lengths to keep a secret so not to shame themselves. They will abandoned a mission just to chase one or two renegades so they can execute them. Nevermind the one story as to why their terminator armor is colored bone white.. One unit of terminators on a planet consumed by nids (think the alien movie aliens on steroids) painted their armor white before going on a suicide mission to kill them all. They purged a whole planet by themselves dying at the end. In their honor all terminators in the chapter are colored bone white.

The ultrasmurfs say their the best and boast while the other chapters don't give two craps about such things. They also are glory hogs in the fluff and books.

They = suck when compared to the deeper and more awesome stories of the other chapters and the sub chapters they spawn.

ares834
They are the 'best' because they have the most survivors from the Horus Heresey (big space marine civil war type thing)

confused

Lots of Chapters are "survivors" from the Horus Heresy.

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by ares834
confused

Lots of Chapters are "survivors" from the Horus Heresy.
See when I said the word 'most'
They didn't take the massive causalites some others took because they were out in space with their dumbs up their collective asses while others were fighting. Not saying they are crap because of that but it gave them superiority and the pompous ass nature/attitude to alot of what iv seen is a turn off. They aren't the best and calling themselves as such is annoying when they keep to safer areas of space while others like space wolves are hunting traitors and such stuff like that. They are not the best of the best, not by anything they have shown on a consistent bases. I wish they would have some sort of uniqueness to then other than being battle brothers with the Tau. They are bare template and boring.

ares834
facepalm

My bad.

Emi~Kiro
^lol no prob :3

ShadeSlayer15
^lol no prob :3 Damn Shorty, You know a whole lot about this show, was not expecting all this! Nice

ares834
It's not a show. Anyway, Black Templars and Blood Ravens are where it's at.

NemeBro
They are uninteresting and are all hype.

The first is subjective, the second false.

They were also ambushed by the Word Bearers at Calth, they lost half their Legion in a few hours because Kor Phaeron sent a starship at super luminal speeds through their blockades, but through the Ultramarine's expert training and Guilliman's tactical acuity managed to avoid a full rout.

Why is studying the greatest tome on warfare ever written sickening?

Depth? No, that is not true. Flare? Sure I guess.

Quite a few chapters have black people within them. There are black guys in the Blood Ravens for example.

And the Salamanders? Not black as in "dark-skinned human", they are black as in "suffer a genetic defect that gives them onyx-hued skin and red eyes". Which actually makes them rather racist these days. Being black = genetic defect, lol. This is a relatively new bit of fluff though, they did indeed use to just be brothers.

The Ultramarines also demonstrate a remarkable code of honor and care for the well-being of the mortals they are meant to protect. Hell, Calgar actually spared the Tau rather than bomb them after they fought together to hold back the Necrons on a Tomb World long enough to leave planet and Exterminatus it.

Vulkan did exactly nothing of note during the Horus Heresy. Guilliman has actually fought Angron and survived, and this was right after fighting Lorgar to a standstill.

They also are the maryest of all the mary sues of the Imperium.

They only have fangs, no claws.

Yes, I know who my favorite Space Marine chapter is.

That makes them more powerful than the Ultramarines, not better from a narrative standpoint. Their recent codex is decidedly trash in that regard.

No but really, you don't need to clarify the terminology of the setting. I am well-versed in it.

They also have nipple armor.

It is the Black Rage where they experience the death of their Primarch, the Red Thirst is more feral and characterized by a lust for flesh.

The White Scars are a foot note lol.

"Keep to the safer parts of space"? They were one of the most successful Legions in the Horus Heresy and Calgar has held off swarms of Orks by himself in front of a city gate, refusing them passage for twelve hours. They valiantly landed on the world of Damnos, knowing that reclaiming the world from the Necrons was impossible, but they refused to abandon the mortals still trapped there to their fates, and saved quite a lot of them. Their deeds are great in number.

The Dark Angels are kind of stupid and emo though, lol.

The Space Wolves have committed far more acts of heresy than the Dark Angels and are not punished (Granted, because they are the biggest mary sues in the setting), yet they get so butthurt about a few Dark Angels going traitor?

That's not true. They do not boast they are the best. Their record speaks for itself.

Ultramarine hate is overrated.

ShadeSlayer15
Nemebro seems like he knows what he is talking about I didn't know the show or books or whatever was that big your that so many people on here have seen it hahah good job me smile

Emi~Kiro
Thank you for the information NemeBro. My knowledge is a bit off and mostly from codex reads while my hubby plays. I'm more an ork Fan. Thanks for the corrections on fluff and spelling. Oh and why would they change the salamanders skin color into some sort of radiation effect?

You said the hate was overrated. do alot of people not like ultramarines?

I only said space wolves had claws because I saw a metal model with claws. Looked kind of like a scout but I don't know what function it serves. Do you know what im talking about?

Originally posted by ShadeSlayer15
Nemebro seems like he knows what he is talking about I didn't know the show or books or whatever was that big your that so many people on here have seen it hahah good job me smile
Table top game. You put together the models and paint them constructing your army. Also books, Games and even some comics and like you know movie.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6055/6342616785_da9fab0405_o.jpg
it's a really expensive hobby.

NemeBro
Thank you for the information NemeBro.

No, nooooooooooooooo! Argue with me! Insult me! Don't thank me! THAT IS NOT HOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO WORK!

I myself enjoy the Orks.

Because Ser Mat Ward, the writer of Codex: Space Marines, is a possibly racist idiot.

Yes, mostly due to said Space Marines codex and statements made by Ser Mat Ward.

Probably lightning claws. Those are a type of weapon Space Marines can field, not something exclusive to Space Wolves.

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by NemeBro

Probably lightning claws. Those are a type of weapon Space Marines can field, not something exclusive to Space Wolves.
Oh I found a picture of what I saw!
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120413083636/warhammer40k/images/5/5a/Wulfen_Attack.jpg
This is what made me think they could have claws. :3

NemeBro
Oh, those are the Wulfen, they are only "kinda" Space Wolves. By that point they are largely feral monsters.

ShadeSlayer15
hahah this is dope

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.