Ryu Hayabusa vs Raiden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ichigo12
Ryu from Ninja Gaiden 3 (canonically that should be his strongest version)

Vs

Raiden from MGRR

Mindset: They see each other as enemies, so they intent to kill.
Prep: None.
Restrictions: They can just use their swords (Dragon Sword and HF Blade respectvely). And no Blade Mode for Raiden.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WdzFoZOzaj4/Tffn_9RC8hI/AAAAAAAAANo/Akns3XkZnmo/s1600/ryulegendaryfalcon.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130525213348/metalgear/es/images/thumb/3/35/Raiden.MGrr.png/247px-Raiden.MGrr.png

Who wins?

BloodRain
Raiden by a wafflestomp.

ichigo12
Hasn't Ryu killed gods?

BloodRain
Raiden killed a Senator.

Demonic Phoenix
http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2013/02/this_senator.gif

WIN.

ichigo12
I actually think both are at the same level in just melee.
But overall, Ryu is stronger, better weapons, better feats, and magic.

BloodRain
Speed is equal. Both casually slice bullets and flip past rockets. Raiden's high frequency blade shakes the targets molecules making it easier to cut. Not sure what the T.Dragon Sword has in power, but doubt it's as sharp.

And strength?
http://i50.tinypic.com/20armvp.gif

StealthRanger
Durability is also in Raiden's favor since he tanks attacks from beings within his strength class (Senator Armstrong)

Oh and "god" is a useless title here so, yeah

NemeBro
Then you remember that one of those "gods" Ryu Hayabusa killed split the planet in half.

StealthRanger
That was actually more a response to the "Ryu killed gods" comment but whatevs. Raiden is still physically superior

NemeBro
Of course he isn't, Ryu tanked hits from a being that split the planet in half.

StealthRanger
Anyways, hasn't this already been done?

ichigo12
Maybe it has, but I think mostly ended in Raiden's victory.
I think Ryu is being vastly underrated.

Off Topic: I'm kind of new to this forums, and I am trying to upload a signature, but it doesn't appear. Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I am a noob with this things lol.

ichigo12
Maybe it has, but I think mostly ended in Raiden's victory.
I think Ryu is being vastly underrated.

Off Topic: I'm kind of new to this forums, and I am trying to upload a signature, but it doesn't appear. Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I am a noob with this things lol.

I dont know were to put that link it gives me.
Oh sorry for double post, someone delete the first post pls.

ichigo12
Bump
I'm sorry for the triple post. The first one was a mistake, I tried to eliminate it but the 15 minutes had expired, someone delete it please.

Ryu is god-like, Raiden is strong Cyborg-Ninja, sooo the Black Ninja wins?

Zack Fair
Wouldn't call Hayabusa god-like, but he has some haxxed ninja arts and wtf feats.

I'm undecided tbh.

ichigo12
Didn't Hayabusa swim in lava?

Zack Fair
uh...not sure? Don't remember him swimming in lava in NG 1 or 3. Did he do that in 3? Never played the 3rd one.

ichigo12
I don't know, is that in other threads, some people said that Ryu swimmed in lava, don't know if it is true but if he did, he wins in durability.

Zack Fair
I meant NG 1 and 2* Didn't play 3.

ichigo12
So didn't he swim in lava?

Cyner
fug I still need to play NG3, 1 and 2 were so good.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ichigo12
So didn't he swim in lava? All I remember was Shin Gear talking about Ryu being capable of slicing through raptors/dinosaurs/whateverTheyWere who swam in lava.

ichigo12
Oh well, but Ryu killed gods! Raiden just a Senator.

Cyner
I wouldn't say he could tank lava per say, but the last fight of NG 1 takes place inside a volcano and if I'm remembering correctly you can be knocked into the lava and then get back out onto the fighting platform. Someone else should go look up that last fight. Although a good player won't be knocked in...

Zack Fair
"gods" are over rated in fiction. There are "gods" weaker than Spider-Man and Wolverine. Shit even normal human have been considered gods. So its really just a title.

Edit However Vigoor did split Earth.

BloodRain
When did Ryu ever face Vigoor though? All that stuff with the ancient ones and dragons happens billions of years ago(?).

Zack Fair
At the end of NG1 he does fight the emperor Vigoor iirc.

Been a while though.

BloodRain
Ryu being a planetary character? Nahh

NemeBro
The Vigoorian Emperor is the semifinal boss of MG1 lol, and has the Dark Dragon Blade, making him even stronger.

BloodRain
Wait wait.. the emperor or the actual thing that was eating that godgod character in the distant past?

Nusa105
Originally posted by BloodRain
Raiden by a wafflestomp.

Yup Yup

Anyway, Raiden could just slice Ryu into pieces

Estacado
Raiden rips him in two with his bare hands...uhuh

Jmanghan
Ryu can be faster then Raiden at certain points in the game, but Raiden is better at everything else.

Nusa105
Originally posted by Estacado
Raiden rips him in two with his bare hands...uhuh
He can't do that without his Blade

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nusa105
He can't do that without his Blade Yes he can :/

Estacado
Yup.
Raiden is uber strong he is like cartoonish powerful.

Estacado
Double post.

dika123
He can't do that without his Blade

raiden can lift big robot.
and ripping with bare hands = lifting strength

so, yes he can

Nusa105
Originally posted by dika123
raiden can lift big robot.
and ripping with bare hands = lifting strength

so, yes he can
Oh yeah. You're right. Raiden is like Master Chief, can lift 500 tons(i guess) but more than that i think. So yeah.

StealthRanger
Oh yeah. You're right. Raiden is like Master Chief, can lift 500 tons(i guess) but more than that i think. So yeah.

What?

Nusa105
Originally posted by StealthRanger
What?
Yeah. Master Chief can lift like 500 tons i guess. Cyborg Raiden can do that too. But, Cyborg Raiden is faster, stronger, more agile(i think) and more deadly than Master Chief

StealthRanger
Since when was Master Chief able to lift 500 tons?

Nusa105
Since when was Master Chief able to lift 500 tons?
What about in Halo Comics?

RadZoa
I've never seen Master Chief lift 500 tons, gonna have to cite that one

That being said flipping over a 50 ton vehicle with no effort is now cannon for a Spartan but 500 tons eludes me

That said, Ryu and Raiden have similar speed but Raiden is leagues stronger and more durable.

Although I read on the first page that Ryu fought someone who split a planet in half, would like to get more context on that.

RadZoa
Yup.
Raiden is uber strong he is like cartoonish powerful.

Wouldn't go as far as saying he's cartoonish powerful, want a good example of cartoonish powerful? Look at works from Genndy Tartakovsky

StealthRanger
What about in Halo Comics?

Good question, what about them?

Nusa105
Good question, what about them?
What do you mean "what about them"?

StealthRanger
I don't know, you brought them up, there must be something of mention from them that backs your claim?

Estacado
Originally posted by RadZoa
Wouldn't go as far as saying he's cartoonish powerful, want a good example of cartoonish powerful? Look at works from Genndy Tartakovsky
I went a bit too far there still the stuff he does are insane.

Like lifting that big ass Excelsius metal gear by one of it's arms with ease.
Not many protagonists do that not even the likes of Dante or Kratos.

That thing should weigh like a 1000 ton and he picked it up without much effort.

RadZoa
I went a bit too far there still the stuff he does are insane.

Like lifting that big ass Excelsius metal gear by one of it's arms with ease.
Not many protagonists do that not even the likes of Dante or Kratos.

That thing should weigh like a 1000 ton and he picked it up without much effort. Raiden has some pretty ridiculous feats but Toon Force would be more like....well I saw an old Power Puff Girl episode where the green power puff girl lifted a mountain, that's more on the lines of cartoonish/toon force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.